daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 24th, 2015, 02:45 PM   #1501
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82112

France's transport minister confirms that there are no survivors from the plane crash.

French Interior Ministry spokesman Pierre-Henry Brandet says debris from the accident has been located and that the plane crashed at an altitude of 2,000 meters in the Alps.
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 24th, 2015, 02:50 PM   #1502
JanVL

Likes (Received): 82112

Crash site area

danielionutb liked this post
JanVL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 03:00 PM   #1503
danielionutb

Likes (Received): 9

What a terrible accident for Lufthansa group.. R.I.P to all 142 passengers and 6 crew members.

eomer liked this post

Last edited by danielionutb; March 24th, 2015 at 03:08 PM.
danielionutb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 03:17 PM   #1504
TorinoBianconera88

Likes (Received): 573

isn't it possibile that the reason could be the flight sensors that gave a huge problem to a lufthansa airbus a321 last week on a Bilbao- Monaco flight?

Yes to the United States of Europe
TorinoBianconera88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 03:37 PM   #1505
firoz bharmal

Likes (Received): 2416

RIP......
Old March 24th, 2015, 05:09 PM   #1506
webeagle12

Likes (Received): 450

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorinoBianconera88 View Post
isn't it possibile that the reason could be the flight sensors that gave a huge problem to a lufthansa airbus a321 last week on a Bilbao- Monaco flight?
Sure or about a million other reasons that so don't jump into conclusions.
webeagle12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 06:28 PM   #1507
KaiserSoze

Likes (Received): 509

More than a dozen school children were on that flight! This year is looking bad for aviation.
KaiserSoze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 10:37 PM   #1508
danielionutb

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiserSoze View Post
More than a dozen school children were on that flight! This year is looking bad for aviation.
I'm not sure if this year is looking bad for aviation but should be more attention at the maintanance and security.
danielionutb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 24th, 2015, 11:08 PM   #1509
Manazir

Likes (Received): 510

What I find really weird and suspicious is that just a min after reaching 38,000 feet, the aircraft started descending rapidly for 8 (some say 10) straight minutes and are you really telling me that there was no time for any distress call or mayday of some sort during this time??
It went a routine check just yesterday so I don't think something was wrong with the aircraft itself...
All we can hope now is for the right answers to come out as soon as possible...because this is scaring me a bit, I had Germanwings flight last month and my next flight is gonna be with Germanwings as well, over the Alps to Milan.

My recently started Travel Blog
Manazir no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:00 AM   #1510
KaiserSoze

Likes (Received): 509

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manazir View Post
What I find really weird and suspicious is that just a min after reaching 38,000 feet, the aircraft started descending rapidly for 8 (some say 10) straight minutes and are you really telling me that there was no time for any distress call or mayday of some sort during this time??
It went a routine check just yesterday so I don't think something was wrong with the aircraft itself...
All we can hope now is for the right answers to come out as soon as possible...because this is scaring me a bit, I had Germanwings flight last month and my next flight is gonna be with Germanwings as well, over the Alps to Milan.
They say the safest airline to fly in following an accident is the one that just experienced it. They will check everything.
KaiserSoze no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:36 AM   #1511
tahir_dj

Likes (Received): 95

Its such a terrible news.
just cant imagain what the families are going through. And especially for those young kids..

I alway wonder why dont plane have parachute installed in them on top about 3 big ones on a320 size plane
incase of emergency like these where plane just decend pilot can pull the parachute out there is always at least 50% chance of surviving
tahir_dj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 02:11 AM   #1512
StuZealand

Likes (Received): 111

I don't normally post over here, but my sympathies to all involved in this tragedy.

I just saw a video of the crash site on the news. Wreckage scattered over a large area of hillside.

RIP.
StuZealand no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:54 AM   #1513
chuboy

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
I alway wonder why dont plane have parachute installed in them on top about 3 big ones on a320 size plane
Easy, because it wouldn't work, at all - not even a little bit.
chuboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 05:41 AM   #1514
sacto7654

Likes (Received): 283

We need to right now look at the possibility there was some sort of rapid loss of cabin pressure when the plane was flying at 38,000 feet (11,582 meters) altitude. At that altitude, the flight crew--if they're not wearing oxygen masks--would only maintain consciousness for 15-20 seconds. It's possible that they had just enough time to initiate an emergency descent, but lost consciousness early in the descent phase from 38,000 feet. As such, with the flight crew incapacitated, we essentially had a perfect controlled flight into terrain (CFIT) from the start of the descent.
sacto7654 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 11:06 AM   #1515
condor rojo

Likes (Received): 5925

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahir_dj View Post
incase of emergency like these where plane just decend pilot can pull the parachute out there is always at least 50% chance of surviving
Only work in small planes, likes Cessna or Beechcraft. An A320 weight more than 70 tons, there're not a parachute than can stop the falling of that weight.
condor rojo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 01:28 PM   #1516
Scizoid.Trans.Prog.
platfusy i koderaści sio

Likes (Received): 312

I saw the screenshot from Flight radar - they just reached 38000 as they turned left over the sea-coast line and after that they started to descent. And they descent straight. No turns, no nothing. And probably pilots knew that they will reach Alps soon. I am going to conclusion, that their steering wasn't working. If I as an amateur - aviation hobbyist can get to the conclusion, that if there are mountains just in front of me soon, and I have a problems with engines (which happened probably), then I would turn back and try to "land" - well, hard-land on the sea. Which they just passed over. So if they didn't done that, my conclusion is the engines shut off and the mechanics / hydraulics / steering had broken.
OR they passed away because of decompression...

Nie udzielam się na FPW.

24/1.8EX 50/1.4EX H85/1.5 70-300vc

Last edited by Scizoid.Trans.Prog.; March 25th, 2015 at 01:52 PM.
Scizoid.Trans.Prog. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:11 PM   #1517
MrAlpine

Likes (Received): 5

It is very unlikely that a plane suffers from loss of steering, loss of engine power and loss of communication with air traffic control all at the same time by some technical failure, since these are all different systems which operate independant from each other.

To me, the rapid decompression theory sounds most likely. It would explain why the pilots decreased altitude without contacting air traffic control. If the oxygen supply failed, or they did not manage to get their masks on in time, the pilots would have no chance of landing the plane safely.

Still it is too early to draw any conclusions though. There may be hundred reasons why the plane crashed. Even suicide cannot be excluded at this point in time. I am glad one of the black boxes has already been found, hopefully that will shed some light on this accident.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Last edited by MrAlpine; March 25th, 2015 at 03:25 PM.
MrAlpine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:23 PM   #1518
manhuelofspain
expert in nothing

Likes (Received): 3948

subir gif
manhuelofspain no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1519
lakapotu

Likes (Received): 10

This aircraft was 24h being repaired the day before the crash at the Düsseldorf airport fixing a problem in the landing gear, according Spanish local press
lakapotu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2015, 06:20 PM   #1520
HelloMoto163

Likes (Received): 65

Very sad.

Some years ago I flew to Barcelona and we had a problem with the anti-ice stuff shortly before Spain, the plane returned and landed in Switzerland to replace the plane. Creepy.
Maybe similar problem. But was an a319 I think.
HelloMoto163 no está en línea   Reply With Quote