daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2009, 12:05 AM   #81
Ilgar

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRob View Post
The photo below is a pretty good example which shows Azeris aren't very good at keeping within the lanes marked on the road.

I go to Russia a lot, I have never seen Russians wandering accross the highways like the people in Baku do. The roads around the city centre are pretty bad, especially the goat tracks around ISR Plaza. I think the main problem with traffic in Baku is the large number of one way streets, you are constantly backing tracking to get anywhere.
If you mean this small truck it seems to me he is changing the lane in that picture. I can't believe you do not like anything in Azerbaijan but against yourself you live and work there. There is good word for that "Love or Leave".
Ilgar no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 24th, 2009, 12:18 AM   #82
DanielFigFoz

Likes (Received): 894

These new roads in Baku are certainly very impressive!
DanielFigFoz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #83
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgar View Post
If you mean this small truck it seems to me he is changing the lane in that picture. I can't believe you do not like anything in Azerbaijan but against yourself you live and work there. There is good word for that "Love or Leave".
No I very much doubt he is changing lanes, you can also see other cars straddling the centre line. I don't live in Baku, you would have to pay me a huge amount of money to do that, I travel there often because I have too not because I want too.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #84
Ilgar

Vineyards near Yevlax, Azerbaijan
image hosted on flickr
Old December 28th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #85
Ilgar

In January or February Azerbaijan to sign an agreement on KOICA’s grant for feasibility study and primary design of bridge across Baku Bay

Baku, Fineko/abc.az. Preparation for organization of engineering of highway bridge across Baku Bay is under completion.

Azerbaijani deputy transport minister Musa Panakhov says that the Ministry of Transport has finished drafting an agreement on grant of the Korean International Co-operation Agency (KOICA) for feasibility study of the project and primary design of the bridge.

“We expect to sign the grant agreement in January or February 2010 and work over feasibility study will start. A decision on terms and parameters of the construction, and scheme of financing will be made only on its basis,” Panakhov said.

It is planned to attract grant in the amount of $1.5 million from KOICA.

In accordance with primary estimations, length of the cable-supported bridge will be 14 km and its construction will take five years. The bridge across the Baku Bay is expected to distract more than 50% of traffic from Neftchilar Avenue (Baku quayside), sphere Baku circular road and will promote to tourism development. The bridge will also enable moving some entertainments far into the sea.

Fare across the bridge will be coordinated in the process of construction depending on rise in prices for petrol and period of investment recoupment. The more will be this period the less will be fare. The company will attract and spend all investments.

Earlier, the Cabinet Ministers of Azerbaijan was ready to give sanction to Korean company Dong Sang Engineering for making the project feasibility study. Its cost will be established in the process of feasibility study development, and all existing estimates are preliminary. The Korean party is ready to develop the project, build the bridge, operate for certain period and then transfer it to Azerbaijan.

Earlier, the Transport Ministry refused from bridge laying from Bayil settlement to Zikh settlement through the Nargin Island to prevent overloading of the latter with motor vehicles. Bridge length will be about 14.5 km. Its design and construction will take close to six years.

The bridge will be able to pass ships with deadweight of 40,000 tons. The construction cost totals some $1 bn. Korea will construct and operate the bridge over 25-30 years. That will be chargeable route that will enable paying for investments. The bridge is intended to unload the centre of Baku from automobile transport flow.

By User: Galandar
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:08 AM   #86
essendon bombers
QF9, SQ326, LH738, UA870

Likes (Received): 189

Baku has some nice motorways, it's worth a visit to drive on them.

They put some work into their streetlights, they are very nice.
essendon bombers no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:19 PM   #87
KiwiRob
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilgar View Post

The bridge will be able to pass ships with deadweight of 40,000 tons.

By User: Galandar

That's a rather daft comment, the weight of the ship plays next to no relevance in whether it can pass under the bridge or not. The height from the lowest point of the navigational span of the bridge to the water level is the deciding factor.
KiwiRob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #88
Ilgar

Salyan-Alyat route
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:52 AM   #89
RelaxInPireaus

Likes (Received): 0

i am impressed by the roads and projects in Azerbaijan ! really very high development rate ! some time ago on Google Earth it all is not there visible but now... huge progress is there .
RelaxInPireaus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #90
FazilLanka

Likes (Received): 14

How come nobody is on this road???
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:01 PM   #91
Ilgar

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazilLanka View Post
I guess because picture was taken after construction that is why it is empty.
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:20 PM   #92
Kuvvaci
Strange User

Likes (Received): 64

I am sorry but i dislike those roads...
Kuvvaci no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2010, 10:22 PM   #93
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Quote:
Originally Posted by FazilLanka View Post
I count at least 4 vehicles in the distance.

By the way, since there is no gap in the median for drainage, I guess this road could become problematic in torrential rain.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 03:13 AM   #94
Ilgar

Actually this road is called "Silk Road" as part of Europe-Asia corridor. And it was built one side up and one side down. Especially for water when it rains to run to off road. By the way it was constructed by Turkish company.
Old February 6th, 2010, 07:47 AM   #95
FazilLanka

Likes (Received): 14

You are right. I did not see that. I guess this must be new and remote part of the country.
FazilLanka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #96
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
By the way, since there is no gap in the median for drainage, I guess this road could become problematic in torrential rain.
Drainage in median is not needed in this particular section, it has no use because of roof gradient.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 15th, 2010, 12:59 AM   #97
Ilgar

Old March 16th, 2010, 03:32 AM   #98
Ilgar

Akkord launches construction of 5 tunnels and 3-storey parking in Baku

Baku, Fineko/abc.az. Building company Akkord starts construction of motor tunnel at the Gelebe (Victory) Square in Baku.

The Company informs that it became the winner of Transport Ministry’s tender procedure for regulation of motor transport at Gelebe Square around Ganjlik metro station, prevention of jams and provision of traffic regime without traffic lights.

“Tender winner Akkord is to undertake construction of 5 tunnels, a 3-storey motor parking and expansion of adjoining roads. When realizing this project the Company is expected to re-direct the exit of Ganjlik metro station on Ataturk Avenue to the centre of the square. This matter has been coordinated with the Baku Metro,” it was reported.

The beginning of project works is scheduled for this April.

“First of all, Akkord will ensure transfer of numerous communication lines. For partly restriction of traffic there will be constructed two tunnels and then stage by stage third, fourth, and fifth tunnels,” it was informed.

About 200 workers of Akkord and 40 units of relevant equipment have been involved in the project by the present. Enclosing works are carried out on the territory.

By User: Azer Akhundov
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:39 PM   #99
Ilgar

Renderings of the tunnels in Galaba square by user Azer_Akhundov:

Also, renderings of the tunnel on intersection of F.Xoyski and Koroglu Rahimov streets:

[/QUOTE]
Old March 18th, 2010, 09:40 PM   #100
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

I would spend a few bucks more and construct a concrete barrier in the median - it's safer.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote