daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2009, 06:17 PM   #21
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by malec View Post
Hopefully this is a real project and not just some architect's vision.
Proposal 1 is probably an architect's vision. I don't know if it's even possible and even if it is- it will be too expensive and it seems like much of the space isn't actually used.
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 13th, 2009, 05:30 AM   #22
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6878

It's very possible, it's pretty much a more extreme twisting tower; there's a central core running to the top and the floorplates are built individually, just like in a twisting tower.
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 06:02 AM   #23
Abdallah K.
Under the Beirut Sun

Likes (Received): 7

Wow...thats a very interesting skyscraper
Abdallah K. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:45 PM   #24
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaricManchurian View Post
It's very possible, it's pretty much a more extreme twisting tower; there's a central core running to the top and the floorplates are built individually, just like in a twisting tower.
But I think they will have to construct much wider walls which will make the tower massive and VERY expensive.
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #25
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

there doesn't seem to be extreme enough cantelievers to require massive walls; sure it will be more expensive than a regular box, but I don't think it will be prohibitively so (more than 2x the cost of a regular tower).
Old August 14th, 2009, 05:01 AM   #26
Aiacos
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

The first design looks like a pile of dirty dishes
Aiacos no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:43 PM   #27
Blue Flame
Get Silly!

Likes (Received): 575

The first design is uh.........definitly different. The second design is overused and too simple. And the third looks over designed and too fat. All in all, I think they need to come up with some better ideas. But if I had to choose one, I think I would choose the first one just because the design has never been used. But, I still don't like it, it is just better than the other two.
Blue Flame no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #28
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

Huge render:

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #29
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

I didn't like this proposal at first, but now I think it is very unique. The global landmark that Chongqing deserves.

Old November 14th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #30
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

I like the trees in the building, it looks too ideal though. In reality, the trees can't grow like that and i don't think people can stand so close to the open edge of the building
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 06:47 PM   #31
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

:O thats just unreal.

I like the tower on its own very much, but not in a skyline full of other modern buildings or boxes.

If they build this, it shud be build in a place where the surrounding structures fit this one.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2009, 07:01 PM   #32
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Yes, I agree. Maybe they should build this at the Jiangbei New CBD. But Jiefangbei needs more conservative designs.

Old November 14th, 2009, 07:08 PM   #33
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Awesome! This has to happen, it is so beautiful, organic, sexy, representing lowrise Asian density in a highrise form, a true landmark for the center of Jiefangbei that would be instantly recognizable to everyone as "Chongqing!"
Old November 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #34
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

I'm wondering, would they have problems with updrafts in this design?
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:46 AM   #35
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

i think that the first design could be made to look better wheras the other two are just shitt!
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:26 PM   #36
macpolo

Likes (Received): 154

Urban Forest by MAD architects brings together nature and the urban metropolis
Posted by: Aditi Justa | Dec 1 2009

After vertical farms, now it’s time to see urban forests standing high. Deriving inspiration from mountainous Chinese landscapes, MAD architects have planned to build a commercial high-rise structure in Chongqing, China. Dubbed the ‘Urban Forest’, the tall building brings nature and open space together in a crowded and compact manner. The 70 story building is made up of curved, abstracted shaped floors which have been layered slightly off-center from one another. A core cylindrical structure connecting the floors supports and hosts the mechanical systems and elevators.

Each level of the structure from bottom to top is protected by full-length glass windows providing the perfect city view. It also incorporates varying size balconies, crystal-clear pools, beautiful trees and amazing courtyards. The floors are a mix of open spaces and offices or residential space. The urban forest is the beautiful amalgamation of nature and the urban metropolis.

Old December 2nd, 2009, 10:50 PM   #37
macpolo

ARCHITECTURE | EXPOSITION
Les Chinois apprennent vite le contemporain
Guy Duplat

Mis en ligne le 14/10/2009

Les architectes contemporains chinois sont vite devenus des "grands".
On s’extasie souvent sur le "miracle chinois". Il apparaît à nouveau dans toute sa force à la très intéressante expo Europalia sur l’architecture contemporaine chinoise. "Heart-made" (car, selon la tradition chinoise, on construit avec son cœur) présente une cinquantaine de projets des architectes actuels les plus marquants. Et on est sidéré de voir comment ils apprennent vite et souvent bien. Le génie chinois est aussi celui d’assimiler les avancées d’autres pays et de les réutiliser si bien que leur art dépasse celui des modèles.

Tout qui voyage en Chine constate d’abord qu’on a beaucoup détruit du patrimoine et construit partout à une échelle inimaginable, avec une architecture très souvent très médiocre, destinée à répondre au plus vite à des besoins urgents (notre architecture "tout venant" ne vaut souvent guère mieux).

La Chine part d’un terrain vierge. Pendant 60 ans, elle fut à l’écart des mouvements modernistes ou post-Bauhaus, plongée dans la guerre ou la dictature maoïste. Elle n’a donc pas de tradition moderne. De plus, la profession d’architecte n’existe vraiment que depuis 1992-1993 quand le concept de profession libérale fut créé et a permis de susciter des vocations autres qu’architecte fonctionnaire.

L’expo montre très bien comment cette architecture chinoise nouvelle est née dans l’orbite de quelques grands bureaux : Oma de Rem Koolhaas, Zaha Hadid et Steven Holl. Jusqu’à copier leurs tics. La politique des grands travaux pour les JO de Pékin avec les bâtiments emblématiques (nid d’oiseau d’Herzog & de Meuron, tour CCTV de Koolhaas) a donné un coup de fouet supplémentaire à la création architecturale.

Mais les architectes chinois se sont vite affranchis de cette tutelle pour créer leurs propres formes dans toutes les directions de l’architecture "mondialisée". Le cas de Man Yansong est emblématique. Ce jeune architecte est sorti de Yale en 2002 et gère aujourd’hui avec son bureau "MAD", une dizaine de très gros et spectaculaires projets. Le plus emblématique (notre photo) est cette tour de logements et commerces de 385 m, faite de tranches inégales superposées. Elle se présente comme une ville verticale avec des parcs et des arbres. Une réminiscence futuriste des ruelles anciennes (les hutongs). "Urban Forest" est construite pour l’instant à Chongqing, la ville-champignon devenue en quelques années une des plus grandes de Chine. Le même bureau construit à Tianjun une tour avec une façade en nid-d’abeilles, comme un exo-squelette, et sa petite tour jumelle. Pour Beihai, MAD construit un énorme ensemble d’hôtels, maisons et bureaux, comme des montagnes russes. Mais ils peuvent varier leurs cibles. Lors de la dernière Biennale de Venise, ils présentaient un projet de science-fiction : une ville en étoile (comme le virus du sida) qui viendrait se poser au-dessus de New York ou Paris, comme une menace chinoise. Mais ils ont aussi construit une splendide maison/club house aux lignes purissimes, se mariant parfaitement avec le paysage de la Mongolie. Pour les "hutongs" de Pékin très menacés de démolition et qui manquent de sanitaires, ils ont imaginé une sorte de bulle-parasite métallique qui vendrait s’accrocher sur les toits.

Ces architectes nouveaux qu’on découvre à l’expo représentent tous les courants contemporains : l’écologie et le recyclage, l’architecture durable, celle du "geste", ou au contraire le retour au modernisme. Avec, souvent, une belle créativité. Un livre-catalogue, très bien fait, accompagne l’expo et présente le meilleur topo à ce jour de l’architecture contemporaine chinoise.

L’expo inclut - rien n’est anodin - un immeuble à Taipei et la gare de Lhassa, par Cui Kai, qui, pourtant, accueille un train très critiqué par les amis du Tibet qui y voient un outil pour l’envahissement du Tibet par les Hans.

"Heart-made, The Cutting-Edge of Chinese Contemporary Architecture" jusqu’au 21 février au Civa, espace la Cambre, place Flagey à Bruxelles. Du mardi au dimanche, de 11 h à 18 h.
Old December 3rd, 2009, 10:41 PM   #38
SilentStrike

Likes (Received): 192

IMO it looks bad in between all the straight towers.
SilentStrike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #39
deepblue01

Likes (Received): 66

Yes, it looks rather messy imo. I hope they keep it something elegant. As for buildings like this, i hope they get given more open space and not cramped in between other buildings
deepblue01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #40
macpolo

open space?
dude its CQ JFB area ,how come an open space ever exist?