daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 17th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #41
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7534

I personally have a preferece for Airbus. Both are very safe and well-built aircraft, but Airbus planes are visually more appealing.

I like all Airbus variants but I'm also very fond of the B777-300.

Sponsored Links
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #42
icracked
Kulia I Ka Nu'u

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaluman View Post

For me and my husband (on a trip from NY- South Korea to Manila) definitely, Asiana's Boeing 747 First Class seats!

We almost became members of the one mile club.
You guys must be pretty wealthy eh? Lol Anyways here's my favorite products from Boeing.

Boeing 767-400

Boeing 777-200

Last edited by icracked; August 17th, 2009 at 01:55 AM.
icracked no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 03:58 AM   #43
PlayasCity
La fortune de l'Europe

Likes (Received): 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kngkyle View Post
Boeing.
748 and 787 look very very nice if only they can get them in the air without any more delays.

748 (747-800):

As for airbus, I have always been a fan of the extremely long A340-600:
Looking at those engineering monuments, it's hard to choose only one...

My favorite plane of Boeing is the 737-800... After 747's of course...
But hell, those A330's & 40's are just desirable...

Anyway, my favorite plane is the DC-10...
PlayasCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM   #44
isaidso
the new republic

Likes (Received): 10983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris00 View Post
There is Embraer as well. They are currently bigger than bombardier.
When did that happen? Bombardier has been 3rd for a long time.

I started my first photo thread documenting a recent trip to Halifax, Nova Scotia. Have a peek: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=724898
isaidso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 12:19 AM   #45
Ketsu

Likes (Received): 0

Hi all I would like to ask all the people who have flown in the larger airbus aircraft if it is normal for the economy seat area over the wing to be hot? Recently my wife and I flew from Australia to the UK with Ethihad and found that area of the plane to be exceptionally hot when compared with the tail section which was cool. Is this a normal state of affairs and if so why? We flew on three differnet planes in both directions and found this to be the case everytime. In this regard it cant be put down to one plane acting abnormaly. If this is normal then I will trying NOT to fly airbus aircraft again, at least not for long haul. The reason I chose seating over the wing is to minimise the engine noise you get when sitting behind the wing.

After asking a stewardess about the temperature I was told that the captain was investigating this and also that it is a big plane and it was difficult to cool. My answer was, well so is a Jumbo Jet but Boing don't seem to have the same problem...

I also noticed that the airjets that are available above your seat on a Boing are not there on airbus aircraft. This I feel is bad, having the ability to provide your own personal breeze is always a good thing.

Thanks in advance to all and if any replies.
Ketsu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 02:30 AM   #46
Tacuba
Unir, Crecer, Incluir.

Likes (Received): 5

I like both, Airbus and Boeing but I have a slight preference over Airbus, their jets have roomier interiors (320 vs 737)

El Ingenioso Hidalgo don Quijote de la Mancha.
Tacuba no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #47
KB

Likes (Received): 6846

I am an airbus fan and love flying in them. Don't particularly like Boeing except the 777

@ketsu
have flown dozens of times in airbus (various types and different seats) but never ever had that problem. Also Airbus does have overhead ventilators so don't know what you're talking about. This below is an A320

image hosted on flickr

Only reason I can think of is middle section of the plane was full and rear section was relatively empty (heat generated by passengers) but the A/C is strong enough that you have to slow it down to feel comfortable.

Last edited by KB; February 28th, 2010 at 04:03 AM.
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:02 AM   #48
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketsu View Post
Hi all I would like to ask all the people who have flown in the larger airbus aircraft if it is normal for the economy seat area over the wing to be hot? Recently my wife and I flew from Australia to the UK with Ethihad and found that area of the plane to be exceptionally hot when compared with the tail section which was cool. Is this a normal state of affairs and if so why? We flew on three differnet planes in both directions and found this to be the case everytime. In this regard it cant be put down to one plane acting abnormaly. If this is normal then I will trying NOT to fly airbus aircraft again, at least not for long haul. The reason I chose seating over the wing is to minimise the engine noise you get when sitting behind the wing.
Mostly fly with Quantas B747/ A380/ A330 economy from Frankfurt over Singapore to Australia and their planes are extremly cold. Sometimes I think they just want to save cost and turn down the heater. Its so cold that it is very uncomfortable. Sitting with t-shirt only is like suicide. Saw allot of people suffering in their seats because they were not prepared for this.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.

Last edited by goschio; February 28th, 2010 at 04:09 AM.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #49
KB

Likes (Received): 6846

KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #50
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
Oh geez! There's probably a skating rink and IMAX Theater inside plus an Olympic size swimming pool.
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 06:04 AM   #51
yangkhm

Likes (Received): 172

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
Oh geez! There's probably a skating rink and IMAX Theater inside plus an Olympic size swimming pool.
very funny aircraft, when will it exists in the world?
yangkhm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #52
asahi

Likes (Received): 189

I like both, but the most comfortable plane I've ever taken is Embraer. It's a great plane for short-haul routes, it's small so it takes a moment to get off it and it has big windows so you can better see the world below

Though as for design, nothing beats A-346, it looks great being so long
asahi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 09:58 PM   #53
going-higher
BANNED

Likes (Received): 139

Quote:
Originally Posted by KB View Post
it look like a fish
going-higher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2010, 10:27 PM   #54
MareCar
BANNED

Likes (Received): 383

I prefer Boeing, having flown with both, Boeing is much more comfortable to me than Airbus. And they also look nicer from outside, much more streamlined, the nose looks like an aircraft and not like a beluga whale, mouse or airplane from the 50s (referring to the A320)...Boeing and Airbus to me are like BMW and VW.
MareCar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:51 AM   #55
Kubajzo

Likes (Received): 1

Favourite: Embraer 190.

If it had to be one of Airbus or Boeing, it would be B757
Kubajzo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:13 AM   #56
wolkenbestormer

Likes (Received): 303

I like the MD-11 tri jet, fortunatly will be on it in a couple of weeks time. Great plane, loads of powerrrr. Too bad those basterds in Seattle/Chicago bought the company and fased it out.

Look at this beauty....

[IMG]http://i49.************/28ian2t.jpg[/IMG]

Last edited by wolkenbestormer; March 1st, 2010 at 01:18 AM.
wolkenbestormer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:29 AM   #57
minneapolis-uptown

Likes (Received): 47

I think they should make a passenger version of that beluga thing. would be awesome
minneapolis-uptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:52 AM   #58
Nikkodemo
¡¡Pueblaball!!

Likes (Received): 87697

I'm a BIG fan of GIANT planes.

A380 and the classic 747...

And, I like the Antonov too...

Instagram: nikkodemo_
¡¡¡11 Años en SkyscraperCity!!!
Nikkodemo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 12:14 PM   #59
skyguy7567
Skyguy 7567

Likes (Received): 0

Airbus, of course!!

Despite I'm not a pilot, I still feel safer flying in Airbus aircraft. It's more advanced and it's with a fail-proof system, reducing pilot errors and stresses during flight.

Airbus is the best! I like these models most: A340-500 and 600, A380

I don't know why, but it seems that Boeing has more crashes over Airbus.
Look here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rcial_aircraft

Although I know that Boeing (Including McDonnell Douglas as MD is also a branch of Boeing) has a lot more flights than Airbus, but the numbers just don't add up (From year 2000 to 2011)!! 8-10 Boeing accidents per year??? Airbus just has 1-3!! And NONE on year 2011!! (Might have missed one...) And Airbus crashes involve only a310s or so older aircraft, ones that are rarely seen on large airlines.

On the other hand, Boeing's crashes involve B737s, 747s and 767s, ones that large airlines usually have!!?

Although Airbuses might be slightly less fuel efficient than Boeings, I feel a lot safer on Airbuses.
skyguy7567 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2012, 06:42 PM   #60
Momo1435
-----アンジュルム-----

Likes (Received): 63112

Lol, what happened with the good old "Scarebus" nonsense, now suddenly this has turned around?

Airbus indeed had an incredible safe 2 years this last 2 years, but the years before were pretty deadly. If you look at the deadly accidents with wide body passenger planes in the last 10 years it was only airbus.

Most of the recent deadly Boeing accidents where with old planes from questionable airlines or because of external reasons.

All in all, there's no real difference in safety between Airbus and Boeing. The statistics clearly show a decline in major accidents in recent years, and that with a rapidly growing number of flights all over the world. Let's just hope that this continues and that we see less and less deadly accidents, no matter what manufacturer or airline.

btw, McDonnell Douglas is not a branch of Boeing. Boeing bought the company some time ago and continued to built the MD-80 as the 717, but all the MD that are still flying around were not built by Boeing.
Momo1435 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbus, boeing