daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation All about taking us higher

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:36 AM   #21
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Likes (Received): 3

France Reconsiders Aid To Airbus A350

PARIS, April 12 (Xinhuanet) -- The French Foreign Ministry announced Tuesday that France had decided to reconsider public aid to Airbus's new A350 aircraft, since negotiations between the European Union (EU) and the United States scheduled for three months over state aeronautics subsidies failed.

"We have been asked by Airbus to consider a dossier aimed at the support of the A350 under the form of reimbursable advances. This dossier is currently under study according to normal procedures," Foreign Ministry spokesman Jean-Baptiste Mattei said.

"The European Union and the United States agreed on Jan. 11 to start discussion over three months in order to define the conditions of a loyal competition in the aeronautic field, which was supposed to resolve the issue of public aid, to Boeing and to Airbus," said the spokesman.

He regretted that EU-US negotiations on state subsidies in their respective aeronautics sectors had not produced an agreement by Monday.

"This period of three months came to its end, without being possible to reach an accord for a balanced solution to this issue. France regrets this situation and takes note of it," he added.

Last edited by Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm; May 2nd, 2005 at 02:45 AM.
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 2nd, 2005, 02:43 AM   #22
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Airbus Edges Ahead Of Boeing In 6 Billion U.S.$ Emirates Order

AFX News Limited
05.01.2005, 03:17 PM

LONDON (AFX) - Airbus Industrie is edging ahead of Boeing Co in a race to secure a 6 bln usd (4.6 bln eur) order from Emirates airline for its A350 mid-range aircraft, according to The Business.

The newspaper did not name its source, but said Airbus's A350 aircraft is ahead of Boeing's 787 model for an order for up to 50 mid-sized aircraft.

Talks between Airbus and Emirates are taking place this weekend. The A350, an A330 derivative, is emerging as favourite because the Boeing flagship plane is too small for Emirates' requirements. Price will also determine the winner, the newspaper said.

The order could be announced at June's Paris air show, it said.

At the same time the UK government, desperate to boost manufacturing in the wake of carmaker MG Rover's collapse, is preparing to offer controversial launch aid for the A350, the newspaper added.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 06:38 AM   #23
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm
............... A note to people reading this thread: Please feel free NOT to post if you do not like this plane. STR has shown frequent Boeing-biases and has attempted to deface this thread out of spite. As childish as this is, I've come to expect this kind of behavior from a lot of SSC forumers. STR, you are now on my ignore list, any attempt to reply will be futile. If you don't like Airbus, that's your problem. Keep it to yourself.
Well, here's a guy with no sense of humor. He doesn't know jack-squat about my opinions either. Oh well, if he wants to put me on his ignore list that's cool with me. I was going to get around and update my diagram soon and if he chooses to not see it, fine by me.

This thread has been trashed anyway.
Old May 2nd, 2005, 10:26 PM   #24
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
AFX News Limited
05.01.2005, 03:17 PM

LONDON (AFX) - Airbus Industrie is edging ahead of Boeing Co in a race to secure a 6 bln usd (4.6 bln eur) order from Emirates airline for its A350 mid-range aircraft, according to The Business.

The newspaper did not name its source, but said Airbus's A350 aircraft is ahead of Boeing's 787 model for an order for up to 50 mid-sized aircraft.

Talks between Airbus and Emirates are taking place this weekend. The A350, an A330 derivative, is emerging as favourite because the Boeing flagship plane is too small for Emirates' requirements. Price will also determine the winner, the newspaper said.

The order could be announced at June's Paris air show, it said.

At the same time the UK government, desperate to boost manufacturing in the wake of carmaker MG Rover's collapse, is preparing to offer controversial launch aid for the A350, the newspaper added.

What do you think?? i think boeing gets this order, the 787 is much more better..... isn't it???

...and in think that emirates wants an aircraft with two engines, not with six...

(EDIT: i'm sorry, i didn't know that the a350 has 2 engines)

Last edited by New York Yankee; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:58 PM.
New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:39 PM   #25
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Yankee
What do you think?? i think boeing gets this order, the 787 is much more better..... isn't it STR???
That's fine that STR prefers the 787... but it's also why I've asked him not to post in [this] my thread, because of non-constructive criticism like this:

"STR: Any A350 news? Or is AB going to scrub this mistake?"
Old May 2nd, 2005, 11:41 PM   #26
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Airbus Didn't Make Proper Presentation: A-I

Indo-Asian News Service

Mumbai, May 2, 2005

Air-India on Monday sharpened its attack on Airbus, saying the European plane manufacturer didn't make a proper presentation for a $7-billion aircraft deal despite being given an opportunity.

While Airbus has charged the Air-India board with not giving it a "fair treatment" during the finalisation of the long-awaited plane deal that went to Boeing, Air-India termed the outburst as completely "malicious".

"They didn't make a proper presentation (before the Air-India board)," Air-India spokesperson Jitendra Bhargava said.

"They wanted a complete evaluation of the negotiation process. This was not acceptable to us. Now, they have no business to question the process to finalise the contract," Bhargava said.

Airbus officials were not immediately available for comment.

The Air-India spokesperson said the airline had written to the Indian government to take up the matter with Airbus after it demanded a probe into the manner the plane purchase contract was awarded to Boeing.

"The issues raised by Airbus are completely malicious and baseless. The process of finalising the contract was absolutely fair and transparent," said Bhargava, adding that both Boeing and Airbus were given a chance to make presentations.

"If they are talking about any unfair treatment, they should clearly give evidence."

In the biggest deal in Indian aviation history, international carrier Air-India last month said it would buy 50 planes from US-based Boeing to expand services.

The decision was taken in favour of Boeing after detailed examination of the recommendations of the in-house techno-economic committee appointed for examining the bids.

Both Boeing and Airbus had been vying for the contract.

The purchase of aircraft by Air-India had not only been a matter of intense lobbying by the companies, even the US and European Union authorities had been wooing the Indian government.

Soon after losing the bid to Boeing, Airbus alleged it was not allowed to make a presentation about its planned mid-range A350 that is aimed at competing with Boeing's 787.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:27 PM   #27
New York Yankee

Quote:
Hello all! Time to create an A350 thread, I'm one of the more interested in this up-and-coming aircraft so I'll post articles here as I find them. Enjoy!
yes, we're enjoy on this funny tread of an airplane with six engines....
Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:32 PM   #28
New York Yankee

the A350:

the airplane looks very cool with two engine's

(EDIT: replaced picture with 6 engines into the a350 with 2 engine's)

Last edited by New York Yankee; May 3rd, 2005 at 09:54 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 07:58 PM   #29
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

The real A350 design has not been released yet. All we know is it'll have two GENx or RRTrent 1000 engines, and it'll be roughly the same size of the A330. Anti-Airbus forumers have been quick to write this plane off as a crappy imitation of the 787, but until we have a final design, the only way they can come to this conclusion is ignorance.

Last edited by Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm; May 3rd, 2005 at 10:49 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 08:27 PM   #30
Ning

Likes (Received): 5

The A350 will be a PITA for Boeing
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:10 PM   #31
Nephasto
Enlightened user

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:
What do you think?? i think boeing gets this order, the 787 is much more better..... isn't it STR???

...and in think that emirates wants an aircraft with two engines, not with six...

LOLOLO!!

This guy is hilarious!!
First, he asks a biased person, like STR, if he thinks the 787 is better!
Then, he actually believed the 350 was going to have 6 engines!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:46 PM   #32
New York Yankee

Quote:
^ Yankee: Take that pic down, it's not the A350. For the last time THAT PIC IS A JOKE SOME GUY DREW UP!!! And apparently you can't read English when STR wrote above that pic on the other page that it's fictional!

The real A350 design has not been released yet. All we know is it'll have two GENx or RRTrent 1000 engines, and it'll be roughly the same size of the A330. Anti-Airbus forumers have been quick to write this plane off as a crappy imitation of the 787, but until we have a final design, the only way they can come to this conclusion is ignorance.
ow, sorry.
but i expect this was ther first design of the airplane, but now i know this.
and i am not anti-airbus, do you real want that i'll take that pic down or else???

just send me a private message....
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:50 PM   #33
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

^ Oh, oops... I didn't mean to imply you were anti-Airbus, I was referring to other forumers. But yes, I would REALLY appreciate it if you took that pic down. It confuses a lot of people. Thx!

Last edited by Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm; May 3rd, 2005 at 10:03 PM.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 09:56 PM   #34
New York Yankee

Quote:
the A350:

the airplane looks very cool with two engine's

(EDIT: replaced picture with 6 engines into the a350 with 2 engine's)
^ cheese mmmm...

is my post bettter changed??
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:00 PM   #35
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Thank you . Yeah that's probably the closest we can get to what the A350 will really look like.

i.e. It'll be about that size, it'll have two engines, and it'll say A350 on its side.

I guess it's nice that Airbus didn't pull a phony design out initially like the 787 and then take it back later. Silly Boeing...
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:03 PM   #36
New York Yankee

Quote:
Thank you . Yeah that's probably the closest we can get to what the A350 will really look like.

i.e. It'll be about that size, it'll have two engines, and it'll say A350 on its side.

I guess it's nice that Airbus didn't pull a phony design out initially like the 787 and then take it back later. Silly Boeing...
somewhere i like this plane!!!
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:05 PM   #37
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
This thread needs some pictures

"And finally, a very humourous fictional rendering of the A350:" just delete the picture with the six engines!!!
hai STR, can you edit your post to delete your last picture of the fictional rendering????
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:25 PM   #38
New York Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIWIKAAS
The only trash in this thread is you and New York Yankee.
Edited.
why i am a trash, i'm gonna like this plane, bit by bit. first i'm don't like it because it has 6 engines, but it has 2 engines

*i like AIRBUS

*I love THE SUPER JUMBO A380

*I'm not an idiot

*I think i'm gonna like the a350 (because it have 2 engines)

it was a mistake of me, sorry for that.
Old May 3rd, 2005, 10:48 PM   #39
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Hmm... I need to find more news articles.
Old May 4th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #40
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 409

PIA Intrested

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbus