daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation

Airports and Aviation » Airports | Photos and Videos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 26th, 2005, 06:09 PM   #161
New York Yankee

Likes (Received): 4

nice picture

New York Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:17 PM   #162
New York Yankee

another nice airlplane!
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:19 PM   #163
New York Yankee

the modifided a340
Old June 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM   #164
MCarr
Future after Past

You definetly feel that Boeing sucks, otherwise you would come here and say how good Boeing aiplanes are instead of coming here to make fun of Airbus.

The challenge is to find the right mix of reliability and flexibility and the right mix of tried-and-true techniques with novel but promising ideas.
MCarr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 07:19 PM   #165
New York Yankee

yeah! that's it, and i hate the a350

he cheese mmmmm, why we dont rename this tread into 'faked airbus pictures'
thats a good name for this stupid tread.
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:09 PM   #166
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

this thread is shit.

new york yankee, troll in anymore threads and you'll be banned.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 09:21 PM   #167
Rainier Meadows
©

Likes (Received): 3

New York I'd recommend you leave well enough alone....if I continue to receive pms concerning you guys action will be taken. Thanks for your cooperation.
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:15 PM   #168
New York Yankee

Airbus A350 (part 2)

Hello all! Time to create an new A350 thread, I better can re-open this tread and stop to be anti-airbus. so I'll post articles here as I find them. Enjoy!
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:16 PM   #169
New York Yankee

@Cheese mmmmmm.
sorry about your tread. making fun can we better do in another forum.
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:22 PM   #170
eomer
Bring Constantinople back

Likes (Received): 4733

So NYY you don't like Airbus: that's your choice and thats your right.
Each time you travel, you can choose your carrier and the type of your aircraft: you will never be forced to travel A350 if you don't want to.

After all, I never liked DC10 or MD11 and I don't want to use it: no problem, there are several companies to use B737, B747, B767, B777, A320, A321, A330 or A340.
A l'aube du cinquième jour, regardez vers l'est
eomer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:31 PM   #171
New York Yankee

yes, i know, it's stupid that i hate it. i saw the new airbus site today. when i saw the groups of aircrafts a feel one thing deep in myself. it was how beautifully airbus is. mabey i'm only boeing-fan because my old dad had worked in a boeing factory. but that thing what i saw was great.

i can better stop with the stupid things that i don't like airbus. that's my choice and my right. but i can better stop with hating and love it, because the airplanes they made are also good as boeing.
Old June 26th, 2005, 10:47 PM   #172
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

a plane is a plane and as long as it gets me from point A to point B with out falling from the sky, i don't care if it's a boeing, airbus or embraer.
jmancuso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:53 PM   #173
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

^ Exactly!
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 05:55 PM   #174
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

A350 Airbus Engineering Centre To Be Constructed In China

Netcomposites - UK
June 24, 2005

Airbus and China Aviation Industry Corporation II (AVIC II) have agreed to set up an engineering centre in the form of a joint venture in Beijing. The facility will in particular perform aircraft specific design work for the A350 programme.
Chinese Premier Wen Jiabao and French Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin attended the signing ceremony at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing.

There are plans to recruit 200 engineers for the engineering centre by 2008 and the first group of engineers from AVIC II have already started their training programme. The centre is to be located in the Tianzhu Airport Industrial Zone, adjacent to the offices of Airbus China.

“China has a solid foundation in the aviation industry with a number of excellent professionals,” said Philippe Delmas, Airbus Executive Vice President Government Relations, Communications and External Affairs. “We believe that the Chinese engineers, together with their colleagues in other Airbus engineering centres in the world, will be able to make significant contributions to the design of Airbus aircraft in the future. The engineering centre will also enable China to increase substantially the number of world-class aircraft engineers.”

“In recent years we have been delighted to see that Airbus has constantly increased procurement in China. The establishment of this engineering centre signals that Airbus is committed to strengthening industrial cooperation with China,” said AVIC II Vice President Xu Zhanbin. “We are most pleased to participate in this significant programme and are looking forward to expanding cooperation with Airbus.”

Airbus is committed to the long-term development of China’s aviation industry. The setting up of the centre is intended to enhance and develop a close relationship between Airbus and the Chinese aerospace industry, with a view to China becoming a full risk-sharing partner in a future Airbus programme for new generation aircraft. A risk-sharing partner takes complete responsibility for a part of a programme, from design to manufacturing, including the corresponding investment and profit sharing.

The engineering centre in China will work with the most modern Airbus technologies and to the most advanced standards, participating in both existing and future programmes.

Airbus signed an agreement last October outlining plans to further increase its procurement from China, that is projected to reach an annual total of $ U.S. 120 million by 2010, double the $ U.S. 60 million target for 2007.

Airbus’ business in China has been steadily expanding since it first entered the country in 1985. The Airbus fleet in service on the Chinese mainland, Hong Kong and Macao has grown to more than 280 today from just 29 in 1995. A world-class training and support centre, which represents a US$80 million investment by Airbus, is fully operational in Beijing.
Old June 27th, 2005, 06:01 PM   #175
Cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmm

Airbus A350 List Of Orders & Commitments:
As Of June 27th 2005

5 -- Kingfisher Airlines
8 -- TAM
10 -- GE CAS
10 -- Air Europa
12 -- ALAFCO
20 -- U.S. Airways
60 -- Qatar Airways

Total: 125
Old December 18th, 2005, 03:56 PM   #176
Jim Koeleman

Likes (Received): 0

Can Airbus Send The A350 Back To Redesign?

This is not intended to bash the A350 but to ponder a serious business question based on a hypothetical situation. If EK were to go 787 and QR were not to firm up orders or even go Boeing and given the tough losses it has had, the A350 would become a hard plane to sell. They'd have 49 firm and 50 or so smaller carriers but no flagship name. Is tinkering with the design their only option or has an OEM ever done a complete redesign after selling a lot of planes? What are their options?

Mind you, I don't think this will happen and I suspect the committments will firm up and they will definitely build. Losing QR would be catastrophic and I am sure Boeing is working hard to do just that.
Jim Koeleman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 03:58 PM   #177
Jim Koeleman

Quote:
The Qantas deal was unusual in that Geoff Dixon spelled out in detail the factors that caused Qantas to select the 787:-

"The Boeing 787 is ideal for operating to Asia, as well the USA and Europe, and with 300 seats, will enable both Qantas and Jetstar to closely target markets without compromising efficiency," he said.

"Its new technology engines, cutting-edge airframe and increased seat count also offer a significant reduction in costs per ASK compared to the current Boeing 767."

"Mr Dixon said Qantas' current order was a mix of B787-8 and later model B787-9 aircraft.

"When the B787-9 model is ready for service in 2011, it will represent an even greater engineering breakthrough, flying further than the B787-8 but with capacity for 50 additional passengers," he said.

"Mr Dixon said the B787's lighter fuselage, which was constructed from composite material, allowed the aircraft to:

* fly further with a full payload;
* burn less fuel;
* fly faster than any other aircraft of its size; and
* reduce maintenance costs.

"The composite fuselage also allows increased window size and a lower cabin altitude pressure that reduces the effects of jetlag."

"Mr Dixon said the Boeing 787 had been developed out of the Boeing investment in its Sonic Cruiser project, which had resulted in the development of groundbreaking technology like the use of composite materials that could be suitably manufactured for commercial aircraft.

"The B787 has a 'double bubble' design that increases width at shoulder height to ensure the most spacious cabin feel for customers as well as providing more freight capacity.

"In addition to the 787-8 and 787-9 models, Boeing is studying an extension of the 787 family. Boeing is also continuing to look for ways of enhancing further the B787's range performance."

http://www.qantas.com.au/regions/dyn...005/dec05/3369
Clearly, Qantas made a comprehensive step-by-step technical/marketing comparison of the 787 and the A350. And the 787 came out on top by every criterion.

The A350 will not go as far or as fast. It will burn more fuel. It will weigh more. It will carry less freight. It will cost more to maintain. It will offer passengers less space, smaller windows, and less attractive surroundings, and they will suffer from more jetlag. And it will offer far less scope for future development, particularly in the area of increased range.

In a word, the A350 is uncompetitive.

In my view Airbus would be mad to commit $5B. to develop it. A 'clean sheet' design, incorporating new technology to match that of Boeing, is their only option.

Last edited by Jim Koeleman; December 18th, 2005 at 04:06 PM.
Jim Koeleman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 04:03 PM   #178
Bren

Likes (Received): 17216

you can not express your own opinion without copy/paste posts from other forums ?

and I guess CEO from airlines that order A350 must be 100% fool if A350 is so uncompetitive ... you should drop them an email, I guess they will follow your brillant views !

Last edited by Bren; December 18th, 2005 at 04:08 PM.
Bren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 06:29 PM   #179
Kai Tak
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

The A350's design won't be finalised until next year.
Kai Tak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2005, 09:41 PM   #180
JMGarcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bren
you can not express your own opinion without copy/paste posts from other forums ?

and I guess CEO from airlines that order A350 must be 100% fool if A350 is so uncompetitive ... you should drop them an email, I guess they will follow your brillant views !
The A350 is better for some airlines given their routes, current staff, and maintenance contracts. The B787 is better for others. The question really is how many airlines prefer which one and what the biggest airline orders are. In other words, when it comes right down to it, which sells more units and at what profits.
JMGarcia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
airbus, airplane