daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 29th, 2017, 10:09 PM   #761
intersezioni

Likes (Received): 32

no one can deny that the center of Berlin is full of graffiti and tags! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RS1OCs8-c8
And in periferis berlin flowerbeds have the burnt grass and garbage inside!
Even Berlin and Germany until a few years ago were more 'clean and well maintained.
Now there is less maintenance.

The same for Paris

Tags and graffiti Berlin subway:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5c3vsSjjDE

Robi_damian liked this post

Last edited by intersezioni; March 29th, 2017 at 10:18 PM.
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 29th, 2017, 10:13 PM   #762
intersezioni

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
No, not at all. It depends on the region and community. Vandalism and Graffiti on railway/metro-stations and tracks in Berlin is the same problem like an a more problematic town in Italy as Berlin is a more problematic town in Germany . Sad to say this as a Berliner, but also here bad things like Graffiti and vandalism started in the mid80s.

Than take a look at Munich and Bavaria. You see the difference travelling along A9. Bridges in East Germany are spread with Graffiti, in Bavaria none is. Poorness of a region may be a reason for devastment. The average GDP of Milan is one of the highest in Europe like Munich or Hamburg. So I guess they have much less problems with vandalism than Sicily.

Also I had to confirm that germans, using FS train-services, have been surprised by accuracy and easy to understand fare-system for foreigners. Something they are not used to in Germany anymore. Nobody told me, that trains and stations were dirty or ugly
thx
Our greatest enemy (from Italian) are stereotypes and ignorance of many foreign
intersezioni no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 10:20 AM   #763
Insulateshipper

Likes (Received): 493

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verso View Post
Italians don't care about environment, everyone knows that.
Oh yes??... And we all know that east Europe is Reeeeaaaly preoccupied by ecology , specially ex yougoslavia...
Again you are smaller than an Italian region, what do you mean? Lubjana is smaller than Bergamo how is a small town for Italy. Small country, small problem...
Insulateshipper no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2017, 01:59 PM   #764
Verso
Islander

Likes (Received): 4749

Verso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2017, 10:35 PM   #765
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by intersezioni View Post
thx
Our greatest enemy (from Italian) are stereotypes and ignorance of many foreign
The greatest enemy of Europe are sterotypes, ignorance and nationalism. People saying greeks and italians are lazy, germans are nazis, french are not honest are stupid. Im so ****ed up with that shit. If Europe struggles, qui bono? Europeans dont.

Sorry, beeing OT

NiLipa liked this post
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 10:03 AM   #766
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

"Cui bono". With a C.
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2017, 11:28 AM   #767
Robi_damian

Likes (Received): 9971

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
The greatest enemy of Europe are sterotypes, ignorance and nationalism. People saying greeks and italians are lazy, germans are nazis, french are not honest are stupid. Im so ****ed up with that shit. If Europe struggles, qui bono? Europeans dont.

Sorry, beeing OT
Well, stereotypes are bad, but I think a worse enemy is "whateverism" and "youcannotdoanythingaboutit-ism". Examples include: "big cities will always be messy", "you cannot control your maritime border", "terrorism is unavoidable in open societies", "ageing is natural to developed societies". Of course the Tokyos, Australias, Taiwans and USAs of the world beg to differ on many of these issues, but Europe has a huge deal of "meh" in solving its problems.
Robi_damian está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 01:34 PM   #768
brick84

Napoli-Afragola AV Station

update works

Quote:
Originally Posted by '99 View Post

oh=05f13a7d9ec62b2c1b478a431827c6c8&oe=59694C7D[/IMG]

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e immortale" - Albert Pine.

Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Prima parte
Ponte sullo Stretto di Messina - Seconda parte
brick84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 01:41 PM   #769
brick84

Milano C.le

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomo View Post
Il mio viaggio nel 2015. Il mio viaggio nel 2015. Credo che questa stazione uno dei pi belli che abbia mai incontrato

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokomo View Post
L'anno successivo (2016) sono tornato. Questa volta ho notato che avevano installato i controlli di accesso al settore di binario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea84 View Post
si mai pensato di far risaltare gli "affreschi" con una illuminazione particolare anche di giorno?

Nell'attesa del treno:

"Quello che facciamo per noi stessi,muore con noi quello che facciamo per gli altri e per il mondo rimane, ed e immortale" - Albert Pine.

Robi_damian, kokomo liked this post
Old April 3rd, 2017, 06:01 PM   #770
JumpUp

Likes (Received): 45

Hey,

is it for the new ETR 1000 possible that two trains run coupled together for higher capacity? If yes, what services run with two unites?

Same question for Italo AGV. Do they travel sometimes with two trains?
JumpUp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:00 PM   #771
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Likes (Received): 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpUp View Post
Hey,

is it for the new ETR 1000 possible that two trains run coupled together for higher capacity? If yes, what services run with two unites?

Same question for Italo AGV. Do they travel sometimes with two trains?
Double trainsets of the 1000 are undergoing trials in these weeks. They were designed with that option in mind so it should present no problems.

I expect the same option to be supported by the 575 (Italo), but I'm not sure its lenght is under the 200 m necessary to couple two trains together.
Even though, NTV is notably lacking trains to cover all the services it could run, so it is higlhly unlikely to see two trains used for a single service, at least until the new Pendolini will be delivered.

Marchionne means never having to say you're sorry.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Last edited by Wilhem275; April 4th, 2017 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Typo
Wilhem275 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:01 PM   #772
Suburbanist
on the road

Likes (Received): 21227

NTV should have bought more AGVs instead. I still think they made a major mistake.
Old April 3rd, 2017, 09:16 PM   #773
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburbanist View Post
NTV should have bought more AGVs instead. I still think they made a major mistake.
In retrospect, given the commercial failure of the AGV product, NTV should have probably stayed away from it in the first place, and go straight for a simpler, cheaper and well-proven train as the Pendolino or something similar.

It's quite easy now to tell that going for an almost prototypical, high end product for its fleet backbone wasn't the best choice for a startup enterprise in a hostile business environment. But in its early years NTV had a very different business model than today's, so the AGV was more consistent to that vision.

Due to Photobucket f*cking up, most images won't be visibile in my old posts. If you need anything specific, please write me.

Last edited by Wilhem275; April 4th, 2017 at 04:08 AM. Reason: Another typo...
Old April 4th, 2017, 01:57 AM   #774
Suburbanist
on the road

Yeah, NTV started with this idea of being a premium operator also offering some cheap seats, essentially aiming at beating Trenitalia with offers towards higher and lower end than the Freccia product.

However, the premium services did not exactly bring the expected market response. I think NTV (and Trenitalia) overestimated the demand for things like onboard meeting rooms and a third category of high-priced business-oriented services, all in the same train.

Trenitalia also took NTV challenge seriously, widening the scope of dynamic pricing and working to reduce delays and cancellations.

As a result, considering all variables, Italy has the best long-distance railway services in Europe among major countries. They used to say DB's ICE were a better product, but now Trenitalia and NTV are clearly superior considering the services, prices, reliability, quality of rolling stock, online presence etc.

This assessment does not apply to railway links in the islands (where long-distance travel is still offered as if it were 1993), and to a handful of regions, though (the Jonian coast, Aosta, F.V.G.).
Old April 21st, 2017, 05:20 PM   #775
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26107

From Rail Journal

http://www.railjournal.com/index.php...ml?channel=537

RFI tenders Palermo - Catania upgrading works
Thursday, April 20, 2017

ITALIAN Railway Network (RFI) published a tender notice in the Official Journal of the European Union on April 14 for contracts to upgrade the 37km Bicocca - Catenanuova section of the Palermo - Catania line

The 220m project is due to be completed in 2022 and includes the construction of a second track and renewal of the substructure, signalling, telecommunications, and electrical substations. Bicocca station will be upgraded and a new station will be built at Motta Sant'Anastasia

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2017, 05:25 PM   #776
brick84

Railway station of Agrigento C.le, Sicily

by Tinuzeller, su Flickr

by Tinuzeller, su Flickr

by Tinuzeller, su Flickr

by Tinuzeller, su Flickr

Attus, dimlys1994, Robi_damian liked this post
Old April 24th, 2017, 11:56 PM   #777
Suburbanist
on the road

It is a nice station that has atrocious train services though.
Old April 25th, 2017, 05:54 PM   #778
MarcVD

Likes (Received): 192

Indeed. Notably with the once a day service to, if I remember well, Syracusa, using the DMU seen parked on one of the above pictures...
MarcVD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2017, 12:10 AM   #779
brick84

Barcola, Trieste

by MladjaSRB441

Verso liked this post
Old June 11th, 2017, 02:25 PM   #780
Wilhem275
The Transporter

Today Trenitalia begins to run some services with two ETR 1000 coupled together.

At the moment they're just a Turin - Naples in the morning and Naples - Turin in the afternoon (not the same trainsets though).

Attus, yeisson liked this post

Tags
italy, trains