daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2009, 08:58 PM   #41
New York Morning
BANNED

Likes (Received): 423

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teach View Post
Is there a particular reason why you're copying and pasting pretty much the entire railpictures.net website onto this discussion board? It's spamming, not to even mention that what you're doing is very much illegal!
It is NOT illegal, cos I quote the copyrait!!!!!!!!!!! And it is not spam, it's just the way to do it legal. Think first, speak later.
New York Morning no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:13 PM   #42
Teach

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
It is NOT illegal, cos I quote the copyrait!!!!!!!!!!!
Copyright. And yes, it is. If you make a copy of a CD, and spread it to a bunch of people, but put a sticker onto the cd that says 'copyright such and such' does that somehow make it OK? Answer: no, it doesn't. You still illegally copied and distributed it, which is and always has been illegal. Do you realise that raipictures.net is a website that survives mainly because of the ads that appear on it? The price of those ads is determined by the number of pageviews the site gets. By copying literally hundreds of their pictures onto your own site, and then reposting them here, you are robbing them of thousands of potential pageviews, and since pageview = money, you're actually stealing real money from real people.

Quote:
And it is not spam, it's just the way to do it legal.
No, the LEGAL way to do it would be to post a LINK to the pictures on the railpictures site. What you're doing is daylight robbery.
Teach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:06 AM   #43
New York Morning
BANNED

Are you kidding me??? WTF r u talkin about? First you called me a spamer, now you accuse me in robbery! Just answer my question. Must you pay there in railpics.net some price for taking any picture? No, you don't. Its just a gallery, it's not a game cd, or moovie, or enything else like this you have no rights to copy yourself. Now about a copyrait. You confirm that I steal a visitors? I don't believe that somebody, rpn (lets call it so, cos may be you will accuse me in advertisment next time) user will go next time right to SSC to look rail pictures? No, exactly. By the way, the source linking is necessary everywhere in the web.

P.S. I found it here. Now whacha think I robber, if i link a first source (rpn) and not that tracker? Thats it. I ask you to select expressions next time and not to do mis-statements, differently I will be compelled to complain to a moderator or the administrator of a forum. To my lawyer next time ))

Last edited by New York Morning; August 16th, 2009 at 12:55 AM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 12:30 AM   #44
Teach

Quote:
Are you kidding me???
Do I sound like I'm kidding? No, I'm very, very serious.

The rest of your post I'm afraid I don't really understand, due to your poor English. Not your fault, but I really don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

Quote:
P.S. I found it here.
You found what exactly there?

For clarity, here is the photo usage policy of railpictures.net, straight from their website:

Quote:
All photos displayed on this website (www.railpictures.net) are Copyrighted © by their original photographers, and may not be reused in any way without express written permission. All photos on this website are licensed to RailPictures.Net.

Any unauthorized use of these photos, be it for commercial or non-commercial use, is in violation of U.S. and international copyright law and is strictly forbidden.

You may not alter, crop, resize, reproduce, or distribute these photos in any fashion without permission from the owner. You may not claim these photos as your own property, or creation.
http://www.railpictures.net/usage/

Now, do you have express written permission from the owners?

Quote:
I ask you to select expressions next time and not to do mis-statements, differently I will be compelled to complain to a moderator or the administrator of a forum. To my lawyer next time ))
Is that a THREAT???
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:03 AM   #45
New York Morning
BANNED

Quote:
... due to your poor English.
Oh, sorry for my English, Ill invait a translater for you next time, sir)

Quote:
Do I sound like I'm kidding? No, I'm very, very serious.
You found what exactly there?
Now, do you have express written permission from the owners?
If you are blind, read my lips:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Morning View Post
P.S. I found it here.
If you want to present smth, present it FIRST to a t-o-r-r-e-n-t__________r-e-l-e-a-s-e-r.

Quote:
Is that a THREAT???
It's not threat, its sad. Sad that you are less sense of humour.

And please, lets stop this off topic. I appreciate your opinion, but this thread is for Luxembourg rail system pics and information. I hope for understanding.

Last edited by New York Morning; August 16th, 2009 at 01:12 AM.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:13 AM   #46
Teach

Quote:
If you are blind, read my lips:
Your link's in cyrillic, which I do not read.

Quote:
If you want to present smth, present it FIRST to a t-o-r-r-e-n-t__________r-e-l-e-a-s-e-r.
Just exactly what are you trying to tell me? Do you have the express written permission from the copyright owners or not? The copyright owners are the photographers, btw. So, do you have it, or not? No beating about the bush about torrents and trackers, a simple yes or no please.

Quote:
I appreciate your opinion
It's not an opinion. I'm warning you that you are doing something illegal.
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:37 AM   #47
New York Morning
BANNED

Oh, God... What is the big difference between posting picture (every fkn picture, are you crazy?) with url link or just post it on the very beggining of the thread? Who do like this? Nobody. You think that everybody have a written permissions for all the pics they post? No. I can show you thousands of people who posts thousands post with thousands pics taken somewhere (where this writen permission is either obligatory) whithout url link and written permission. What you will do? Teach them? Its silly, don't you think?
Old August 16th, 2009, 01:54 AM   #48
Teach

Quote:
You think that everybody have a written permissions for all the pics they post? No.
Nope, but most other photos you see here are posted directly from the original website that published them, meaning they are the original photos, and embedding them here is legal, unless stated otherwise. Yours are not, they were first COPIED from the site, then uploaded, without permission, to another site, and THEN linked to in this and a dozen other threads. So you're not linking to the original, you're linking to an illegal copy.

If you want the railpictures photos here, then this is the correct, and LEGAL, way to do it, fully in accordance with their own rules:

http://www.railpictures.net/viewphoto.php?id=277365
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:12 AM   #49
New York Morning
BANNED

Just an example:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=935846

Yeah, that pics were uploaded the correct way (almoust). But it is not so important.
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM   #50
Teach

Quote:
Yeah, that pics were uploaded the correct way (almoust). But it is not so important.
NOT SO IMPORTANT?!?!? On the contrary, it is extremely important: what you're doing is illegal, what he's doing is not.
Old August 16th, 2009, 02:54 AM   #51
New York Morning
BANNED

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=802766
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...2&postcount=44
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...2&postcount=49
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...8&postcount=63
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=801670

want more?

Please, stop freaking only my brain!

P.S. How old r u?
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #52
New York Morning
BANNED

Old August 16th, 2009, 12:51 PM   #53
Teach

Quote:
Please, stop freaking only my brain!
What?

I'm 30, btw. How old are you?

BTW, quite a few of the trains in your pictures are not, in fact, Luxembourg trains. In your last post, the first and third trains are French, while the second and last ones are German. Throughout the rest of your pictures I also notice a lot of Belgian trains. Some are even Belgian trains in Belgium, of types that never go to Luxembourg!
Old August 16th, 2009, 03:27 PM   #54
Maxx☢Power
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Teach is right, what you're doing is in fact illegal. The fact that you found them in a torrent doesn't change that.

Not to mention it's not a very nice thing to do, as I'm sure most of these sites are run by individuals with limited funds who could use all the support they can get.
Maxx☢Power no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #55
New York Morning
BANNED

If you thirst justice, apply it to everybody, not only to me. Thats it.
Old August 17th, 2009, 04:04 AM   #56
zaphod
PRESIDENT OF SPACE

Likes (Received): 1676

okay everyone chill

while hotlinking images is a common forum practice when they are generic pictures from wikipedia, its considered a faux-pas to take originals from online photo galleries or blogs and reposting them.

Since this thread only contains images people could just find on their own easily, I don't see what the point of this thread is anyways.
zaphod está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #57
New York Morning
BANNED

I killed all the rest pics. No mo rail posting. Thanks to ///

Last edited by New York Morning; August 19th, 2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old August 17th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #58
convalescence

Likes (Received): 1

there are many pictures which are actually taken of german trains IN germany!

like the last one in last post which shows a Talent train an Gleis 10 Nord Trier HBF which is probably going to Cologne-Deutz through Eifel - it 's my regular train connection....and it has nothing to do with Luxemburg

and all the pictures of 425/426 trains at Obermoselstrecke - Luxemburg is on the other side of the river.
convalescence no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:39 AM   #59
New York Morning
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by convalescence View Post
there are many pictures which are actually taken of german trains IN germany!

like the last one in last post which shows a Talent train an Gleis 10 Nord Trier HBF which is probably going to Cologne-Deutz through Eifel - it 's my regular train connection....and it has nothing to do with Luxemburg

and all the pictures of 425/426 trains at Obermoselstrecke - Luxemburg is on the other side of the river.
Ok, you should know it better, no doubt. Sorry for mistakes.
Old August 19th, 2009, 02:38 AM   #60
BarbaricManchurian
来了就是深圳人

Likes (Received): 6894

Everyone hotlinks in the city photos subforum (not to mention countless other subforums), I don't see why it's a problem here. It's legal under fair use, since he's using it for an educational purpose and not profiting from them. People here have hotlinked for years and this forum has never had a problem with copyright, in fact, it's greatly welcomed! Great work, New York Morning!
BarbaricManchurian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
luksemburg, luxembourg, trains