daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Railways

Railways (Inter)national commuter and freight trains

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 28th, 2011, 11:16 AM   #21
carlsjul

Likes (Received): 1

Here you can see Bergensbanen

Here you can see Bergensbanen

http://nrkbeta.no/2009/12/18/bergensbanen

http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.6888505

Last edited by carlsjul; December 29th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.
carlsjul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2012, 01:55 AM   #22
IanCleverly
A New Kind of Medicine

Likes (Received): 230

#20 - Clear your afternoons, as it's up on Youtube

Search for 'Bergensbanen in HD' and you'll have all 6 hours of it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRK Article
Friday November 27th, over 1,2 million Norwegians watched parts of “Bergensbanen” on NRK2. The longest documentary ever? At least the longest we have made, almost 7 1/2 hours, showing every minute of the scenic train ride between Bergen on the Norwegian west coast, crossing the mountains to the capital of Oslo.

Bergensbanen is 100 years in 2009, and the documentary was a wild idea from NRK staff that came through, and was, surprisingly, a big success.

Now we want to give the material to our viewers, the whole thing, for download.

The documentary had picture-in-picture clips with videos about Bergensbanen, a reporter interviewing people on the train, music and two cameras pointing to the sides of the train. Because of rights, we had to remove the music and many videoclips, so we decided to make a clean front camera version for this download. It’s recorded on a Sony 700 camera in XDCAM HD 1080 50i. The camera has a 30 seconds buffer, making it possible to switch disks when needed. So we have a continuous recording of 7 hours.

<snip>

Creative Commons
We have chosen to make the train journey available with a Creative Commons license

You are free to…
to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work.
to Remix — to adapt the work

You can edit the work, color correct it, put on graphics, play backwards, anything, as long as you follow the terms in the license.

Under the following conditions…
Attribution — You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

All your derivative works must be marked with the URL to http://nrkbeta.no/bergensbanen. If you make something for the web, the link should be clickable. Videos should have both a clickable link in the text description and this text superimposed at the end
IanCleverly no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 12:09 AM   #23
trainrover
:-x

Likes (Received): 738

I can't suss out how the cabin sounds got captured in the following cab ride. Anybody know what train must've done the run?
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainrover View Post

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

trainrover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:09 AM   #24
trainrover

Might it have been this one?

Last edited by trainrover; August 23rd, 2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:23 AM   #25
trainrover

& tundra!!

Old August 23rd, 2012, 04:34 AM   #26
trainrover

Old August 23rd, 2012, 10:43 PM   #27
trainrover

Quote:

All six hours' worth squished
Old April 3rd, 2013, 08:17 PM   #28
Registered_User
Gold member

Likes (Received): 427

Yesterday the Norwegian government announced that they will dedicate 3.9 billion NOK towards electrification of Trønderbanen and Meråkerbanen.
Trønderbanen - a line of about 120 km between Trondheim and Steinkjer.
Meråkerbanen - a line of about 70 km between Hell (on Trønderbanen) and Storlien (the Swedish boarder).

These lines are now run by diesel powered trains, and the convertion to electricity are said to save 20 minutes travel times on the longest distance and 14,500 tons of CO2 annually.

News reports (all in Norwegian):
Største satsing på tog på 50 år - NRK
Det er en gledens dag i NSB - NRK
3,9 milliarder til Meråkerbanen og Trønderbanen - Adressa

lanolama liked this post
Registered_User no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2013, 01:47 AM   #29
ElviS77

Likes (Received): 54

Nordlandsbanen in summer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TY1sbKvjNcY

And in winter:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9pVWfzsgLoQ
ElviS77 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 17th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #30
trainrover

Spring and autumn trips also available.

--------------------

1/3:

2/3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BY1qtKBspgM

3/3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_jg_RTtSg8

Grauthue liked this post
Old September 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #31
paulista1978

Likes (Received): 3131

Why is so difficult to a foreigner to buy tickets on NSB?
paulista1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 01:55 AM   #32
kjetilab
YIMBYer.no

Likes (Received): 279

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulista1978 View Post
Why is so difficult to a foreigner to buy tickets on NSB?
It is?
I have obviously never tried to buy tickets as a foreigner, but what makes it hard? You can use Visa or Mastercard online, or register an account and use the mobile phone app...
kjetilab no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2013, 04:29 PM   #33
suburbicide

Likes (Received): 247

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilab View Post
It is?
I have obviously never tried to buy tickets as a foreigner, but what makes it hard? You can use Visa or Mastercard online, or register an account and use the mobile phone app...
NSB's Facebook page has lots of complaints from foreigners who can't get their card to work. The reason is that NSB only accepts cards that support certain safety features, which make cards from many countries useless.
suburbicide no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2013, 07:42 PM   #34
paulista1978

Likes (Received): 3131

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjetilab View Post
It is?
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention: to buy online.

It´s because of "Verified by Visa" stuff, that makes things harder. I can´t get to buy tickets online, so I have to buy at station, which costs 3 times more.
paulista1978 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2013, 02:45 PM   #35
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

Teknisk Ukeblad: LYNTOG MELLOM OSLO OG GØTEBORG: Svenskene har bygget for 200 km/t. Det er bare for Norge å koble seg på
Quote:
Ideen om lyntog mellom de store byene i Norge som et alternativ til fly ble gravlagt i debatten etter høyhastighetsutredningen for to år siden. Selv om enkelte av strekningene ville vært mer moderate investeringer, ble totalregnestykket på enorme 1000 milliarder kroner.

At banen mellom Oslo og Göteborg ville komme på «bare» 66 milliarder kroner – billigst av alle strekningene – fikk lite oppmerksomhet i nasjonale medier.

Dette lyntoget ville dessuten gi best samfunnsøkonomi, med en nytte som lå nær opp mot deler av det nye Intercity-triangelet.

Norconsults 250 sider lange gjennomgang av den såkalte østkorridoren mot EU-landet Sverige havnet langt nede i skuffen til samferdselsministeren fra Senterpartiet.
Quote:
Avgått samferdselsbyråd i Oslo og nå stortingspolitiker Ola Elvestuen fra Venstre kaller Nasjonal transportplan «provinsiell» og «et ubrukelig planverktøy».

– Den mangler et overordnet skandinavisk perspektiv. Selv det største jernbaneprosjektet vårt, Intercity-triangelet, er provinsielt lagt opp. De må slutte å planlegge bare til Fredrikstad eller Halden, men ta hele veien til Sverige, sier han.

Elvestuen viser til at all samferdselspolitikk er ekstremt politisk – med beslutninger helt ned på rundkjøringsnivå – i motsetning til Sverige der fagetatene bestemmer mer.

Mens Oslo kommune og Ruter planlegger 60 år frem i tid, gjelder Nasjonal transportplan for ti år, og er lobbybombardert av ulike interessegrupper.

– Det er ikke en ordfører rundt i landet som ikke kan dra inn til Stortinget eller departementet og føre sin sak. Til slutt ender planen opp som summen av ulike krefters kamp. Da blir det en prosjektliste som dekker mer eller mindre hele landet, i stedet for at det er biter i en forankret plan som sikrer at det viktigste blir gjort, sier Elvestuen om hvorfor et vesentlig prosjekt som jernbanen til Europa blir sparket ut.
:jax: está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2013, 12:54 PM   #36
telemaxx

Likes (Received): 2662

Can you please give a short summary in English?

Google translate may work as well, but I don't really like that.

SAS 16 liked this post
telemaxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #37
Galro
Humanity through Urbanity

Likes (Received): 10061

From what I understand it first mention that we have previously talked about the possibility of high speed line between Oslo and Copenhagen/Gothenburg in cooperation with Sweden which basically and been axed due to lack of interest. It then goes on and mention that Sweden already have lines that goes 200 km/h and which we can more or less just plug us on and have a high speed-ish line through there as long as we find the money to pay for the line on Norwegian soil - money our politicians have not allocated despite the allegedly importance of the project. The rest is basically complaining about the lack of visions on Norways part and how slow the bureaucratic processes are.

telemaxx liked this post
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #38
telemaxx

Likes (Received): 2662

From my point of view a high speed line between Oslo and Gothenburg would be a great improvement for all travellers and even freight. But apparently Norway's policy is not focussed on improving train service. I read that Norway is one of the countries in Europe where most people fly. I would add because they have no choice.
I would like if high speed train service would be established since it is more efficient, has a higher capacity and is better for the environment (CO2 emission). For a start and as a connection to Europe the high speed line to Gothenburg would be perfect. Once people/politicians see how comfortable and fast travelling can be I am sure they would be open to further projects.
telemaxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2013, 06:34 PM   #39

Adding to this is that the article claims that Oslo-Sweden would be both the cheapest high-speed line to construct (mostly because half the distance to Gothenburg is on the Swedish side, which also connects to Malmö/the continent and Stockholm) and the highest benefit, unsurprising as it would connect the two largest cities in the neighbourhood and the main land cargo corridor into Norway. The article itself goes into excruciating details how horrible the line is on both sides of the border until it reaches the civilisation closer to Gothenburg.

It also goes into a political pitch, much of which is quoted above. There has recently been a change of government. The previous government published their transport plan shortly before the elections. It was very ambitious, but short-changed the urban areas, Oslo in particular. This led the then-opposition to have politically divergent proposals, including higher ambitions for the Oslo-Gothenburg corridor. The article expressed hope that the opposition will follow up on their promises now that they are in position.

The minister of transport is from the most rail-hostile party in the parliament, but by rubbishing the previous minister of transport and flattering the current one, and the fact that at least the other three parties have given this link a high profile, at a time the new government need to make a mark, it may have been published at the optimal time.

Cynically the politicians might gain the highest benefit to be publicly positive at the current stage and then quietly burying it come budget time. On the other hand there are pretty compelling reasons for upgrading this line, and not only Sweden, but also EU/Ten-T has given this (and the Malmö-Stockholm, but not Gothenburg-Stockholm, nor Oslo-Stockholm) line top priority.

In other words something might actually happen, but it is so dependent on politicians doing the right thing that it is too early to get hopes up.

telemaxx liked this post
Old November 12th, 2013, 08:21 PM   #40

Europas signalsystem fornyes - Norge venter

Quote:
Sikrere. Færre forsinkelser. Plass til flere tog på linjen. Det er fordelene med Europas nye signalsystem. Men Norge skal i årevis fremover bygge konvensjonelle anlegg - også på splitter nye linjer.

Norge kunne fått et moderne signalsystem langt raskere. Det sier transportgiganten Altsom, som nå bygger europeisk signalsystem på halve Danmarks jernbanenett.

Konfrontert med utviklingen sier Høyre/Frp-regjeringen nå at de vil finne ut om Norge kan forsere sin utbygging.

Se godt på bildet som ligger nedenfor denne teksten. Det viser en gammel relévegg, teknologi fra 1950-tallet, som stadig er en bærebjelke i norsk togtrafikk.

Slike vegger skal spille en hovedrolle også frem mot 2030.

Summary in English: Norwegian railways installing outdated equipment (picture) while Europe is installing ERTMS

Tags
norway, trains