daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Transport, Urban Planning and Infrastructure > Airports and Aviation



Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 14th, 2010, 04:49 AM   #201
msbunnybxu
Registered User
 
msbunnybxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: BUTUAN CITY
Posts: 701
Likes (Received): 452

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz-Bxu View Post
PAL was delayed yesterday, right Ate bunny? It arrived at 1:55pm instead of 12:20pm. I think this was due to Basyang.

And look at the aircraft registration! It's RP-C8600. The ZIP code for Butuan is 8600!

OO nga ano? 8600 Very observant gyud ka franz

Yup, PAL (Mla.flight) was delayed. Papaalis na ang PAL @ 1:55 when I took this shot. Not seen in the photo is CebuPac bound for Manila also which left at around 2 pm. Sarap din sana tlaga kunan ng pix ang CebuPac, but my companions were in a hurry to leave na, sayang gyud kaau


::
__________________
A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES BEGIN WITH A SINGLE STEP
msbunnybxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 14th, 2010, 05:11 AM   #202
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

CEBU PACIFIC AIRBUS A320 @ BUTUAN-BANCASI AIRPORT

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Franz-Bxu; July 14th, 2010 at 05:19 AM.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2010, 11:15 AM   #203
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by msbunnybxu View Post
OO nga ano? 8600 Very observant gyud ka franz

Yup, PAL (Mla.flight) was delayed. Papaalis na ang PAL @ 1:55 when I took this shot. Not seen in the photo is CebuPac bound for Manila also which left at around 2 pm. Sarap din sana tlaga kunan ng pix ang CebuPac, but my companions were in a hurry to leave na, sayang gyud kaau


::
Delayed na naman ang PAL today. Delayed yung 5J 785 ng Cebu Pacific and they cancelled 5J 787 which was supposed to arrive at around 4pm according to their revised ETA/STA. Their CEB-BXU flight was unaffected. The A319 landed on time, 14 minutes ahead of schedule.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2010, 01:42 PM   #204
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

PAL's New Schedule


Last edited by Franz-Bxu; July 21st, 2010 at 01:51 PM.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2010, 02:48 PM   #205
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:40 AM   #206
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Hmmm.. the Butuan Airport reminds me of Hong Kong's Kai Tak Airport. Whenever the pilots are told by the ATC to land on RWY 30, they really have no other option but to do a "killer turn" in the city proper before the final approach.

Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2010, 04:47 AM   #207
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Some amateur shots... sorry for the poor quality

Philippine Airlines A319 Landing


Cebu Pacific Airbus A320 Take-Off


Philippine Airlines A320 Approach
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 02:41 AM   #208
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Butuan-Bancasi National Airport Update as of Nov. 24, 2010

The newly-repainted terminal
image hosted on flickr


Control Tower
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Cebu Pacific is so pathetic! It took us a while to claim our baggage because the ground equipment is still being utilized by the other aircraft. Look at the photos below. They really should add more ground equipment (stairs, etc) kasi magkasabay palagi yung CEB-BXU at MNL-BXU.
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr

That's all! Hope you like it.

Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2010, 08:32 AM   #209
regjeex
Daghay na BANN3D_lol
 
regjeex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Underworld
Posts: 404
Likes (Received): 93

sa wakas...
__________________
Pag mata na intawon mo, ayaw na sige damgo
regjeex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:55 AM   #210
Nze_Mio.GT
Homu-land Security
 
Nze_Mio.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RPMD
Posts: 357
Likes (Received): 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz-Bxu View Post
Hmmm.. the Butuan Airport reminds me of Hong Kong's Kai Tak Airport. Whenever the pilots are told by the ATC to land on RWY 30, they really have no other option but to do a "killer turn" in the city proper before the final approach.

i saw that in action when i was there...the 5J A319 was already low then it made the maneuver for runway 30...

why with that turn? is there a tall mountain/structure on that side? ...
__________________
(c) NoizeGT, Inc. All rights reserved...

"Deal With It."

Last edited by Nze_Mio.GT; December 1st, 2010 at 03:02 AM.
Nze_Mio.GT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:27 AM   #211
litigs
Registered User
 
litigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,387
Likes (Received): 227

Nice illustration of the approach, terrain ahead, if you go past, angle of decent will be close to slope of mountains!
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 09:50 PM   #212
BeaverQube
Registered User
 
BeaverQube's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 422
Likes (Received): 75

there is no need to do a killer turn there... maybe nagpa pacute lang ang pilot or there was a sudden change of wind direction that time. because there are no higher obstacle northeast of the city that these planes need to avoid..just my opinion.
BeaverQube no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:13 AM   #213
Nze_Mio.GT
Homu-land Security
 
Nze_Mio.GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: RPMD
Posts: 357
Likes (Received): 12

or it depends on the visibility of the runway i think...since BXU doesn't have an ILS system yet and has to do a visual approach [correct if i'm wrong]

...may approach lights ba ang BXU? i think it has runway lights but i don't see any apporoach light...
__________________
(c) NoizeGT, Inc. All rights reserved...

"Deal With It."
Nze_Mio.GT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:33 AM   #214
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nze_Mio.GT View Post
i saw that in action when i was there...the 5J A319 was already low then it made the maneuver for runway 30...

why with that turn? is there a tall mountain/structure on that side? ...
Yeah, Mt. Mayapay.

Butuan is surrounded by mountains but these mountains aren't really near to the city or airport but pilots should turn the plane sharply and align.

Last edited by Franz-Bxu; December 5th, 2010 at 12:40 AM.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM   #215
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nze_Mio.GT View Post
or it depends on the visibility of the runway i think...since BXU doesn't have an ILS system yet and has to do a visual approach [correct if i'm wrong]

...may approach lights ba ang BXU? i think it has runway lights but i don't see any apporoach light...
BXU has no ILS. Pilots have to do a visual approach. So pag bad ang weather and poor ang visibility pag approach, they have to turn back to the point of departure. The runway has approach lights on both ends. That's why BXU is capable of handling night flights. Kaso, there are no night flights or early morning flights operating at the airport as of now.

Last edited by Franz-Bxu; December 5th, 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:45 AM   #216
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

For me, parang short pa rin ang runway ng BXU. They need to extend it from 6500 feet to 8500 or more, and widen and asphalt it further. They should also asphalt the blast pads/thresholds on both ends.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 12:22 AM   #217
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Refurbished Bancasi, Butuan Airport


PRE DEPARTURE AREA




ARRIVAL AREA
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 04:58 AM   #218
litigs
Registered User
 
litigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,387
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz-Bxu View Post
BXU has no ILS. Pilots have to do a visual approach. So pag bad ang weather and poor ang visibility pag approach, they have to turn back to the point of departure. The runway has approach lights on both ends. That's why BXU is capable of handling night flights. Kaso, there are no night flights or early morning flights operating at the airport as of now.
I don't think it has approach lights. These are the series of lights extended from the runway centreline commonly found in precision instrument runways of major airports. Well, that was the last time I know after I read the airport program, or maybe there is now if it fits that description. Perhaps you meant the PAPI (precision approach path indicator) lights which has been there ever since. Conratulations on your new, clean, decent refurbished terminal!
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:04 PM   #219
Franz-Bxu
Registered User
 
Franz-Bxu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,289
Likes (Received): 619

Quote:
Originally Posted by litigs View Post
I don't think it has approach lights. These are the series of lights extended from the runway centreline commonly found in precision instrument runways of major airports. Well, that was the last time I know after I read the airport program, or maybe there is now if it fits that description. Perhaps you meant the PAPI (precision approach path indicator) lights which has been there ever since. Conratulations on your new, clean, decent refurbished terminal!
Meron talaga approach lights. I have seen them on one end of the runway. Diba it looks like vertical sticks na may lightbulb sa itaas. The airport was upgraded recently for night-landing capability. It was mentioned in a news article.

Last edited by Franz-Bxu; January 11th, 2011 at 02:24 PM.
Franz-Bxu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 01:48 PM   #220
litigs
Registered User
 
litigs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 5,387
Likes (Received): 227

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franz-Bxu View Post
Meron talaga approach lights. I have seen them on one end of the runway. Diba it looks like vertical sticks na may lightbulb sa itaas. The airport was upgraded recently for night-landing capability. It was mentioned on a news article.
Ahh yes!, then you are right Franz, just read back Arianespace mentioned Butuan will get its ILS first before Dipolog. Good for your airport!
litigs no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:54 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu