daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Airports and Aviation > Airports

Airports discussions about existing airports

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 1st, 2004, 01:57 AM   #261
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Likes (Received): 4

Well...its quite a utilarian corner anyway, and who will go down to the spot once the bus terminal is closed?

Its quite a security hazard anyway..if you think about it. Notice there is a uniformed personal (dunno a cop or cisco) at the entrance and exit?

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
huaiwei no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 4th, 2004, 11:48 AM   #262
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaiwei
Well...its quite a utilarian corner anyway, and who will go down to the spot once the bus terminal is closed?

Its quite a security hazard anyway..if you think about it. Notice there is a uniformed personal (dunno a cop or cisco) at the entrance and exit?
Come to think of it, hmmm....yah(potenial threat)......perhaps thats why they are looking into the central bus terminal for the 3 terminal........

It will be something to watch out for, should they decide to build it(is that confirm??).......
babystan03 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:29 AM   #263
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Originally Posted by babystan03
Come to think of it, hmmm....yah(potenial threat)......perhaps thats why they are looking into the central bus terminal for the 3 terminal........

It will be something to watch out for, should they decide to build it(is that confirm??).......
Shd be confirmed lah......the sources are quite "reliable"...but then again, you also got "reliable" sources what.

Anyway, if the basement is so easy to go in, I can pack a bomb, take a public bus, and when it goes to the terminal, ignite it loh.

"My Settlement of Singapore continues to thrive most wonderfully - it is all and everything I could wish and, if no untimely fate awaits it, promises to become the Emporium and the pride of the East" - Sir Thomas Stamford Raffles, 10th September 1820
Old November 5th, 2004, 10:31 AM   #264
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Shd be confirmed lah......the sources are quite "reliable"...but then again, you also got "reliable" sources what.

Anyway, if the basement is so easy to go in, I can pack a bomb, take a public bus, and when it goes to the terminal, ignite it loh.
Reliable source?? Hmm.....maybe I should check it out.....

Yup the basement is a potential hazard......they should be extra cautious about it.......
Old November 6th, 2004, 12:20 AM   #265
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Reliable source?? Hmm.....maybe I should check it out.....

Yup the basement is a potential hazard......they should be extra cautious about it.......
Now that I mentioned it, I realise it is a MAJOR security hazard!

Just imagine...any would be terrorist can just board any of those public buses and executed their act!

Old November 8th, 2004, 09:50 AM   #266
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Now that I mentioned it, I realise it is a MAJOR security hazard!

Just imagine...any would be terrorist can just board any of those public buses and executed their act!
Ok loh.....security guards on bus also loh.......

With the central bus terminal concept, I suppose the security problem will be less acute??
Old November 8th, 2004, 09:11 PM   #267
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Quote:
Ok loh.....security guards on bus also loh.......

With the central bus terminal concept, I suppose the security problem will be less acute??
Might be...but so long that it invovles the buses going into the depot, and if it is underground, without any form of visual check just before, I would think it is still a major problem.

They will need lots of TNT to do much damage thou, but maybe just a few deaths is enough to scare the shit out of all of us?

Old November 10th, 2004, 04:32 PM   #268
ignoramus

From this photograph, there has not been much notable progress made in the construction of Terminal 03. But upon closer inspection on site, I think they are adding a lot of minor stuff to the roof as well as constructing the major concrete structures within the terminal roof at a rapid pace.

10 November 2004

Terminal 03 Under Construction
© Ignoramus
ignoramus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 01:41 PM   #269
huaiwei
The Monkey King

Hmm...so they have completed the main roofting thingy from one end to the other?

Old November 12th, 2004, 03:07 PM   #270
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

Looks like a huge viaduct!
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:14 PM   #271
ignoramus

Yeah the frame for the roof of Terminal 03 had already been extended all the way to the MRT Station Atrium for quite some time already. Check out the pic below.

Terminal 03 Under Construction
© Ignoramus
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:20 PM   #272
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

If you look closer at the top of the structure, you can see there are something sticking out......I wonder if they are "placing" something above the structures(ie the roof)??
Old November 12th, 2004, 03:26 PM   #273
ignoramus

The sections of the roof frame that had been completed much earlier have a lot more of these things sticking out from them, as well as a whole lot of other stuff if you look closely. To me, they look like support frames or something for the skylight lourves that are going to be installed in the future.
Old November 13th, 2004, 02:42 AM   #274
huaiwei
The Monkey King

You guys seem to enjoy staring so closely at the structures hor? Must be because my monitor is displaying more pixels..so everything appears smaller and less clear!

Old November 13th, 2004, 05:55 AM   #275
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
You guys seem to enjoy staring so closely at the structures hor? Must be because my monitor is displaying more pixels..so everything appears smaller and less clear!
Aiyah now that it's still in construction......a lot of things seems to be so mysterious for us.......haha....

I supposed those staring will end once the terminal is ready??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:02 AM   #276
huaiwei
The Monkey King

I am looking forward more to the bus terminal loh.

Old November 13th, 2004, 06:03 AM   #277
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
I am looking forward more to the bus terminal loh.
I wonder if the authorities are going to annouce the plan soon??
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:06 AM   #278
ignoramus

Where is the report saying that they will move the bus terminals?

Anyways the existing bus terminals are really depressing in a way if you pay more attention to it cause the lights are so dim that it feels like you are in a subway station without platform screen doors and is just staring into the dark dirty tunnel.

Contrast this with the experience that you would get if you board a bus located under a air conditioned glass roof instead.

And they even placed dismantled baggage conveyer belts there at some sections of the bus terminal in the sight of people. Luckily its temporarily.
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:10 AM   #279
babystan03
More excitment ahead!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ignoramus
Where is the report saying that they will move the bus terminals?

Anyways the existing bus terminals are really depressing in a way if you pay more attention to it cause the lights are so dim that it feels like you are in a subway station without platform screen doors and is just staring into the dark dirty tunnel.

Contrast this with the experience that you would get if you board a bus located under a air conditioned glass roof instead.

And they even placed dismantled baggage conveyer belts there at some sections of the bus terminal in the sight of people. Luckily its temporarily.
Emm.....perhaps thats why I prefer to travel to the airport by MRT....... but then travel by bus also has perks.......you never know you might see a plane crossing the bridge......
Old November 13th, 2004, 06:31 AM   #280
huaiwei
The Monkey King

No report lah...I found our from another forum.