daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: The best samba-skyline for YOU
Sao Paulo 86 33.99%
Rio de Janeiro 78 30.83%
Brasilia 5 1.98%
Belo Horizonte 8 3.16%
Salvador de Bahia 9 3.56%
Fortaleza 9 3.56%
Recife 32 12.65%
Curitiba 8 3.16%
Porto Alegre 4 1.58%
Other, which? 14 5.53%
Voters: 253. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 14th, 2009, 04:03 AM   #41
SVN2007
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Advise

Hello Everybody

I think SP the best Skyline in Brazil. But the better city to live is RJ , not only in Brazil but in all South America.

I would like to advise all visitors here that this thread only was created because Brazil was almost ignored at the Thread "the Best Skyline in South America" ,
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...560676&page=41

In this South America thread only can be voted the Capitals of the Countries, with the clear intention to exclude SP and RJ from this poll " "the Best Skyline in South America" and so Buenos Aires and Santiago would be the center of the attention. But I can admit that the Santiago has a very modern and clear skyline.

And the user Servbill , yes the creator of this thread, is one of those that bashes Sao Paulo there saying that Buenos Aires is so much better than SP and etc. Okay, I know that is his opinion and we must to accept the opinion of the others, but it’s funny because here in this thread he mentions the opposite about what he mentioned on the South America thread, saying that SP is a great city and etc.

But ok, maybe the correct should be created a Brazilian thread apart from South America because Brazil is in fact a world apart the other South America Countries.
SVN2007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 15th, 2009, 04:09 AM   #42
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18093

Shut up SVN. Of course I think Buenos Aires skyline is better than Sao Paulo, I even think Rio´s skyline is better than Sao Paulo. I make this thread because, despites people like you, I love Brazil. In the other thread nobody excluded Brasil, its a thread about capital cities, Brasilia is their. Thats why I created this thread, because too many great Brazilian cities were left aside.

Sao Paulo is indeed a great city and surely the economic centre of South America, but in terms of skyline it has much to improve, ask anyone in the international forums. Its giangiantic, but too many same-size-ugly builidngs with few areas that have memorable skyscrapers and a descent skyline, like Berrini.

About Brazil being different form the rest of South America I dont agree, the only difference is you speak Portuguese. After that we are basically the same. The same problems like violence and social differences but also the same hopes, the same way of seeing life and enjoy it to the fullest.
sebvill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #43
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebvill View Post
Shut up SVN. Of course I think Buenos Aires skyline is better than Sao Paulo, I even think Rio´s skyline is better than Sao Paulo. I make this thread because, despites people like you, I love Brazil. In the other thread nobody excluded Brasil, its a thread about capital cities, Brasilia is their. Thats why I created this thread, because too many great Brazilian cities were left aside.

Sao Paulo is indeed a great city and surely the economic centre of South America, but in terms of skyline it has much to improve, ask anyone in the international forums. Its giangiantic, but too many same-size-ugly builidngs with few areas that have memorable skyscrapers and a descent skyline, like Berrini.

About Brazil be different form the rest of South America I dont agree, the only difference is you speak Portuguese. After that we are basically the same. The same problems like violence and social differences but also the same hopes, the same way of seeing life and enjoy it to the fullest.
SHUT UP YOU , WHO DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE ????// . But ok, Yes , you have a lot of moral to criticize Sao Paulo . Lima is one of the better cities of the world , very modern and with so many tall skylines Lima in fact is one of the main cities of the world....

By the way, the skyline in Buenos Aires are so ugly and dirty as SP. There, there are only some few descent buildings in Catalinas and Puerto Madero that is basically the same place only separeted by a river. ONLY.

If you said that Santiago has a better Skyline than SP, I would agree with you 100% But Buenos Aires ??????? I have been there sometimes, and I can say that Bs As has a great European atmosphere, sympatric people, good restaurants, excitant night life, but beautiful skyline ????

And about Brazil be similar to other countries in South America as you said:
In fact, in some points such as violence and social differences, maybe you are right. And yes , I have to improve in a lot of things.

But and in about Economy Factors ?? Are you sure that Brazil is similar to others South America Countries? So, some information to you:
Here we have all kind of industries. Cars, Vessels, Airplanes, Computers, Robotic Industries and etc. And in the others SA's countries? What kind of industries do you have there? I believe that the most of industrialized products in South America Countries (except Argentina and Chile) must be imported. Brazil has the third biggest Aircraft industry of the world (Embraer) only behind the giants Boeing and Airbus. Brazil is the eight biggest economy of the world with prevision to be the fifth in 2016. SP city has the second helicopter fleet of the world just behind New York. Brazil has 19 companies included in the ranking of the 100 biggest Companies in the world. Santos Port is the biggest Port in South America by far. These are one of the some data that I mention about Economy between Brazil and others SA's countries. However I would quote so many others data that place Brazil ahead of the other SA's countries in Economic Factor.

And the other South America countries ? Please tell me the important economic numbers of the others South America Countries. Maybe Argentina and Chile must have some important number but by far behind Brazil. And another important factor : Why will Brazil host some of the most important events of the world in the next years ? I mean WC 2014 and OG 2016 ? And the another South America Countries ? What kind of the event will they host ? Tango WorldWide Championship ???

By the way, people like you won't be welcome in WC 2014 and OG 2016. Please don't come here. Go to Argentina, please. People like you deserve to stay in your very modern and developed country ...

Last edited by SVN2007; October 16th, 2009 at 01:19 PM. Reason: revising
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:41 PM   #44
legal

Likes (Received): 4146

My favorite SKYLINE, not only in Brazil, but in all of Latinamerica, is Sao Paulo.
Second is downtown Rio.

But if judging only a specific and representative area, downtown Rio wins...
www.globaltradeview.com, a forum on International Business & Travels.
www.lehighproducts.com
Study English or Intl Business in USA: www.lehighglobal.com
Organic & Specialty Food Monthly Subscription Box: www.dacostassecret.com
legal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM   #45
sebvill
Mr.Br*gthside

Likes (Received): 18093

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVN2007 View Post
SHUT UP YOU , WHO DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE ????// . But ok, Yes , you have a lot of moral to criticize Sao Paulo . Lima is one of the better cities of the world , very modern and with so many tall skylines Lima in fact is one of the main cities of the world....

By the way, the skyline in Buenos Aires are so ugly and dirty as SP. There, there are only some few descent buildings in Catalinas and Puerto Madero that is basically the same place only separeted by a river. ONLY.

If you said that Santiago has a better Skyline than SP, I would agree with you 100% But Buenos Aires ??????? I have been there sometimes, and I can say that Bs As has a great European atmosphere, sympatric people, good restaurants, excitant night life, but beautiful skyline ????

And about Brazil be similar to other countries in South America as you said:
In fact, in some points such as violence and social differences, maybe you are right. And yes , I have to improve in a lot of things.

But and in about Economy Factors ?? Are you sure that Brazil is similar to others South America Countries? So, some information to you:
Here we have all kind of industries. Cars, Vessels, Airplanes, Computers, Robotic Industries and etc. And in the others SA's countries? What kind of industries do you have there? I believe that the most of industrialized products in South America Countries (except Argentina and Chile) must be imported. Brazil has the third biggest Aircraft industry of the world (Embraer) only behind the giants Boeing and Airbus. Brazil is the eight biggest economy of the world with prevision to be the fifth in 2016. SP city has the second helicopter fleet of the world just behind New York. Brazil has 19 companies included in the ranking of the 100 biggest Companies in the world. Santos Port is the biggest Port in South America by far. These are one of the some data that I mention about Economy between Brazil and others SA's countries. However I would quote so many others data that place Brazil ahead of the other SA's countries in Economic Factor.

And the other South America countries ? Please tell me the important economic numbers of the others South America Countries. Maybe Argentina and Chile must have some important number but by far behind Brazil. And another important factor : Why will Brazil host some of the most important events of the world in the next years ? I mean WC 2014 and OG 2016 ? And the another South America Countries ? What kind of the event will they host ? Tango WorldWide Championship ???

By the way, people like you won't be welcome in WC 2014 and OG 2016. Please don't come here. Go to Argentina, please. People like you deserve to stay in your very modern and developed country ...
What the hell is wrong with you?? Im not interested in answering you, because you just dont get it.

By the way, thanks for ruining this thread. If you were intelligent enought you would have brought excellent pics of Sao Paulo and shut my mouth instead of writing nonsense.

PS: Brazil has 190 million people! the second country in South America only has 44 millions. So try not to compare economy size but quality of life, in which Brazil is average in South America. Just near Peru and Colombia in the Human Development Index.
sebvill no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2009, 08:53 PM   #46
Forasteiro
carioca ausente

Likes (Received): 68

Hi guys, lets forget about competitions on which is the best country in South America. This is a typical sub-development discussion. We have in South America wonderful cities spreaded up all over the continent. Would suggest you to take a look on some smaller brazilian cities like João Pessoa, Vitoria, Goiania, Natal, etc. These cities should also be included in this thread, they are amazing and with a very emergent skyline. Unfortunatelly I am just new in this forum and I dont know yet how to post pictures in it.
Forasteiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM   #47
Ramses

Likes (Received): 21

The Brazilian skylines all look very boring. It's all just about the question 'which city has the most 100-meter dull white commieblocks?'. In that case Sao Paulo wins.

Brazilian cities like Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo need some supertalls
Ramses no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 10:15 AM   #48
Lost Cosmonaut
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

I agree.
Lost Cosmonaut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2009, 06:59 PM   #49
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sebvill View Post
What the hell is wrong with you?? Im not interested in answering you, because you just dont get it.

By the way, thanks for ruining this thread. If you were intelligent enought you would have brought excellent pics of Sao Paulo and shut my mouth instead of writing nonsense.

PS: Brazil has 190 million people! the second country in South America only has 44 millions. So try not to compare economy size but quality of life, in which Brazil is average in South America. Just near Peru and Colombia in the Human Development Index.
As was expected, You didn’t have answers to contest some information that I mentioned before.
Brazil host the most important worldwide events in South America. F1 Grand Prix, World Cup, Olympic Games, International Car Fair and etc. So, and the others South America Countries ? What kind of important worldwide events will they host ?
Brazil produces any kind of products here and others SA’s countries ?

To measure a size of an economy or the GDP by the number of population is very relative because Indonesia and India have so much population than Brazil and they are behind Brazil on the Biggest Economy List of the World. Spain just has 45 million and they are the one of the top ten economy of the World, ahead by far than India and Indonesia.

The GDP is a basic measure of a country's economic performance and is the market value of all final goods and services made within the borders of a country in a year . It is a fundamental measurement of production and is very often positively correlated with the quality of life. So, as many industrialized goods a country produces, as higher as will be their GDP index.

Any way, Peruvians, Argentineans and etc . love to mention HDI to diminish and bash Brazil . And also they love to mention about skylines in high also to diminish and bash Brazil. As these factor would determine if a country is or not superior to the others. Brazil has a low HDI index due to the huge different social distribution of the income between their regions. But sincerely, I can be wrong, but these are the only factors that some South America countries are slightly ahead of Brazil. In all of other positive factors and areas, I believe that Brazil is ahead in South America.

Remember that I only mentioned all of these information because the injustice to exclude the biggest Brazilian cities in the poll about the best South America skyline. Everyone here knows that Brasilia, spite is a great city , with good qualities, doesn’t have skylines .

Last edited by SVN2007; October 17th, 2009 at 07:25 PM. Reason: revising
Old October 17th, 2009, 07:23 PM   #50
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forasteiro View Post
Hi guys, lets forget about competitions on which is the best country in South America. This is a typical sub-development discussion. We have in South America wonderful cities spreaded up all over the continent. Would suggest you to take a look on some smaller brazilian cities like João Pessoa, Vitoria, Goiania, Natal, etc. These cities should also be included in this thread, they are amazing and with a very emergent skyline. Unfortunatelly I am just new in this forum and I dont know yet how to post pictures in it.
YES, Maybe you are right

Here some pictures of some cities located in the North and Northeast Region :

Fortaleza

Natal

João Pessoa

Aracaju

Manaus

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #51
SVN2007
BANNED

Vitoria and Vila Velha ,ES

Old October 17th, 2009, 07:54 PM   #52
SVN2007
BANNED

Santos e Guaruja SP

Santos

Guaruja

Old October 18th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #53
Forasteiro
carioca ausente

Likes (Received): 68

Quote:

This photo above is not Vitoria or Vila Velha. Its Guarapari about 100km from Vitoria.
Forasteiro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #54
SVN2007
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forasteiro View Post
This photo above is not Vitoria or Vila Velha. Its Guarapari about 100km from Vitoria.
OK, thanks for the information. Sorry by mistake
Old October 18th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #55
SVN2007
BANNED

Another pictures of SP

As there is a guy that loves to criticize SP skylines saying that only there are descent skylines in Berrini Neighborhoods, therefore, here some another pictures of SP:

Please repair that i am not posting pictures of the main places of SP, such as “MARGINAL PINHEIROS”, “ PAULISTA AVENUE” and “BERRINI”,

Alameda Santos

Vale do Anhangabau / Downtown

Faria Lima Avenue

Rebouças Avenue

Pacaembu Neighborhoods

Vila Olimpia Neighborhoods

Shopping Cidade Jardim

Moema Neighborhoods

Morumbi Neighborhoods

image hosted on flickr

Alphaville Neighboorhoods

Old November 4th, 2009, 05:27 PM   #56
SVN2007
BANNED

Camboriu , SC

Old November 20th, 2009, 03:05 AM   #57
Di-brazil
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

VItoria is great ......

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Di-brazil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:26 AM   #58
luclasaw
Luclasaw

Likes (Received): 502

No great skylines but brazilian cities are so green and many have a beauty landscape with nice beaches....I love Recife and Rio!
luclasaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 03:45 AM   #59
Cirax

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
YES, Maybe you are right

Here some pictures of some cities located in the North and Northeast Region :

Fortaleza

This picture is Natal...
And death ?
Death is an invigorating breath !
It's always time to start over.
Birth, death , rebirth and progress always still ...
Cirax no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2010, 08:11 AM   #60
1GLAU

Likes (Received): 65

Rio for sure. Take a look at Rio downtown thread, its outstanding, the best pics are not here, so its not fair.
1GLAU no está en línea   Reply With Quote