daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > Euroscrapers > Local discussions > Nordic & Baltic > General development > Norway > Oslo

Old November 30th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #81
joamox

Likes (Received): 123

Learn more about Historic Kristiania. Buy my Book!

OSL-ARC

Mexichino
Mexichino Flickr
joamox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old November 30th, 2010, 11:44 PM   #82
Osloborger

Likes (Received): 1

Lambda has to go! I have tried to like it for so long, and actually come close to doing so based on some of the illustrations, but when I once again looked at the picture used in the project presentation I was reminded of its ugliness.

(Picture from http://haveiendom.no)
Osloborger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:11 AM   #83
muster

Likes (Received): 93

I don't think we shall jump to any conclusions here. This is probably just tactics in the ongoing fight. Still I have to agree with many of you, Lambda will probably not be a big loss for Oslo. The buiding have qualities though, and I think it actually would be better live than on renders, unlike many other projects. What I don't like about the news, is that we probably can kiss goodbye to a new Munch museum in many years if Lambda is not build. I have strong doubts that they will spend millions in a different location in Oslo. Munch deserves a great building! The second thing I don't like is of course the power of Riksantikvaren in these matters, and the insanity that Solheim has some sort of final saying.. Could it be worse?
muster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 12:28 AM   #84
Galro

Likes (Received): 3199

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjoks007 View Post
Aquarium gogo! Just start a new competition already

Should rather concentrate expanding the existing museum at Tøyen and more important, make the surrounding up there more inviting.
I think they should try to make Tøyenparken as Oslo easts answer to frognerparken, only with a Munch instead of Vigeland.
Galro no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2010, 02:03 PM   #85
Mr. Love Architectur

Likes (Received): 32

Once again that keep fucking things up. That better not happen this time as well.

It has happened so often now that architectural competitions end up in nothingville. They just go on for a couple of years or decades then as so many others they fade out into the sand. Much because of weak politicians and weak planning from the beginning.

First and foremost; what has to be decided before you move a major institution?

You have to find a designated area. OK! Then you off course have to have enough space on this designated area to build all the area that you need when youre building a fancy and new architectural design tower for Oslo down town. OK! I personally mean that they also should allready then decide both the height and width of the new building, because this alone will save a lot of complaints and misunderstandinds after it is all over. It will off course be very architecturally wrong to lay such groundrules, but it is obviously needed, because Norway have shown this ohhhhhhh so many times. I say bring back Trond Giske to the cultureminister post and get things done the right way from the beginning. If both of these areas are covered everything should seemingly go smooth. But no, if a design that implements higher regulations that what it is regulated for at the time and that WHAT THEN????????? Ok, either the jury cant allow the height of the proposal, or the competition have to underline the fact that it cant be higher or wider than so and so. I mean, what really is the problem in making these competetions??? Are the makers of the competitions complete and utter idiots if they allow suggestions and proposals that if they win they won't even be built. Not only will they not be built, no, they will be winners for a couple of years all the way up until the day they are suppose to start building it, THEN we say, no, no, no, this is too high and too wide. Lets just pull the last 5 years and couplel of hundred million of Nkr allready spent on the project and lets start all over again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this happens here, i sincerely and utterly hope that the entire byantikvaren, byplanleggingssjefen og byrådet complete a collective harakiri. If i were so incompetent and doing so over many many years, i really cant understand that government can sit and watch hundreds of millions getting pissed away on planning and shit that doesnt need happen just because of byantikvaren, and a couple of wankers who doesnt like it. Yes i know, it is off course allowed not to like it, but as with everything. Perhaps those who are not architects shouldnt judge! Lets look at accountability here. If 10.000 unemployed complained about this building, does that really count against a jury of 10-15 extremely qualified city planners and architects? I dont think so. Yes, mistakes have been made in Oslo, but i think Munch in time will be a very wise and symbolic build
ing, that can show Munchs creations on and in a prime location in a prime building.

Last edited by Mr. Love Architectur; December 1st, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Mr. Love Architectur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 2nd, 2010, 03:36 PM   #86
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 259

Gaaaahhh.... I don't know what to think?

On the one hand I think lambda was bleak and boring compared to almost all other proposals in the Munch contest. On the other hand I think Riksantikvaren is being an unreasonable shit head even by that office' standards.

Who to support here?

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2010, 12:20 PM   #87
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 160

Nimby < Highrise

Anytime
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:50 PM   #88
Danny88
P.A.I

Likes (Received): 0

Danny 88 likes Mr. Love architectures post
Danny88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2011, 11:24 PM   #89
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 278

Quote:
1. februar blir det folkemøte på Sentrum scene om planen for Munch-museet
Another skittkasting meeting, where you have to be massivly for or against?

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:17 PM   #90
Ingenioren

Public hearing:
http://www.plan-og-bygningsetaten.os...102-48914.html
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:31 PM   #91
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 55

Seems like PBE supporting Yimby in the view of the plots behind the museum.
Old January 17th, 2011, 04:56 PM   #92
Beef Jerky

Likes (Received): 0

Here's the 3 alternatives for the new munch museum:

Lets hope for alternative 1.
http://www.nrk.no/kultur-og-underholdning/1.7466661
Beef Jerky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 09:52 PM   #93
starkwell

Likes (Received): 33

maybe it would just be best to start from scratch - there doesn't seem much point in having a competition, choosing a winner and then deciding that the winner isn't appropriate and having to change it...

crazy.

My writing:
My Photo Blog:
My Oslo Photo Blog:
starkwell no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 19th, 2011, 10:21 PM   #94
muster

Likes (Received): 93

Quote:
Riksantikvarens forslag til et smalere bygg skyldes et ønske om å gjøre det mulig å se vestover i Oslo hvis man står i Middelalderparken.

Å bygge Munchmuseet så bredt som arkitekten foreslår vil nemlig blokkere for den såkalte «Kongsbakkeåpninga».
How could the architect and the jury forget about the famous "Kongsbakkeåpninga" ? Some people must have their heads under their arms..
muster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2011, 10:04 PM   #95
marshol
Landsc. Architect

Likes (Received): 244

From østlandssendingen about the meeting at Sentrum Scene today, including what Juan Herreros says about the the two smaller options.
marshol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 01:58 PM   #96
IceCheese
Scandi-friendly

Likes (Received): 278

I'm sorry to any offended forumer, but I'll take this in Norwegian...

Hei karer! I overimorgen (den 25.) er det høringsfrist for Munch/Stenersen, Deichmanske, og området rundt. YIMBY bidro med en høringsuttalelse i forbindelse med kunngjøringen av planprogrammet, og nå er det selve reguleringsplanen som er ute på høring. I den anledning kunne det jo være greit å få med noen innspill.

Først og fremst er det jo museet og biblioteket som skal innkorporeres i den totale reguleringsplanen for Bjørvika. Selv om mange her på forumet har sterke følelser rundt utformingen av særlig Lambda av Herreros arcitectos, syns jeg egentlig ikke YIMBY har noe særlig å komme med her. Eventuelt får man påpeke at man støtter en fullskala løsning, og ikke en av de bearbeidede forslagene av hhv PBE og Riksantikvaren, som vil medføre et redusert areal for utstillingene, og en underminering av arkitektens visjon. For min del kunne de like gjerne bygd nytt på Tøyen, men det får bli en annen diskusjon.

Mer interessant for oss er arealene "bak" Munch, boligområdene B1 og B4, de to kvartalene mellom Munch og Barcode. Her ser det ut til at det blir lamellblokker, til tross for at argumentene i planen taler i mot. Den eneste endringen fra det opprinnelige forslaget fra Herreros, er at man deler lamellene i to (litt som blokkene på Tveita), og at man får en nedtrapping (!) mot Barcode, i form av at siste blokk får kuttet 4-5 etasjer, antagligvis for å blidgjøre beboerne i KLP-bygget. Bygningen rundt lamellene vil være to etasjer i B1, og én etasje i B4. For å finne ut hvordan en slik løsning fungerer i praksis på bymiljøet rundt, kan man jo tenke på hotell Skandinavia, som har en tilsvarende løsning.
YIMBY bør forsvare løsningen "bearbeidet karré" som det eneste riktige forslaget. Dette er den eneste mulige måten for å skape en tett og urban by i området. Alternativet bør allikevel kunne inkorporere et signaltårn eller to i oppmot 14 etasjer, slik som den ene lamellen i hovedalternativet er.

I planen enes man også om å ikke inkludere bro mot Sørenga fra utstikkeren. Det argumenteres mot at å dreie fotgjengerstrømmene mot næringsarealene i Bispevika, sikrer man liv og kundegrunnlag her. Det er forsåvidt likegreit for meg. Dersom Gamlebyen ring sikrer nærhet til skinnegående kollektivtransport for Sørenga, er det jo lite som taler for broen uansett.

Sist, men ikke minst blir det to kvartaler "bak" Deichmanske, A9 a og b. Den ene av dem blir 4-500 studentboliger (og "ungdomsboliger"?), slik vi har sett planer for tidligere. Det andre kvartalet hotell. Det vil bli en skråstilt gangvei mellom kvartalene, som blir delvis overbygd. Dette ser både spennende og urbant ut!

Ellers bør man kanskje kommentere området rundt Akerselvalmenningen. Dette blir et bredt belte mellom byggene, og vi ser jo allerede hvor lite attraktivt området er blitt på operasiden. Kanskje bør man kommentere at området må beplantes, helst med store trær, og fylles med benker, for at det ikke skal bli forblåst og goldt. Forelagte tegninger ser altfor åpne ut! Utsikt er ikke noe å ettertrakte foran trær!

Legg forøvrig merke til at øya "sukkerbiten" er en del av planen. Her foreslår man et lite bygg med et udefinert antall etasjer, med utadrettet virksomhet. Håper på arkitektkonkurranse, og et spennende konsept!

Utifra disse tankene vil jeg prøve å utforme et innspill til reguleringsplanen på vegne av YIMBY, men først vil jeg gjerne høre deres tanker og hva dere savner i planen. Linken til planen finner dere her, om dere ikke skulle ha lest den allerede

Take a look at my Photo Mess!
IceCheese no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 04:04 PM   #97
bookings

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
Linken til planen finner dere her, om dere ikke skulle ha lest den allerede
I see from this plan that the gondola is only considered around the museum, and I guess that's the reason for this mast we've been reading about lately. Are there any special reasons for this? Why can't it be based further southeast, with no mast between the two stations? (or, alternatively, smaller masts like a ski-lift if needed) Is it because people don't want to walk that far? Or is it a deliberate attempt to marginalize the eastern part of the town? So that the fancy people can jump straigth from the opera to the sculpture park and some champagne at Ekeberg without having the aweful experience of venturing past middelalderparken? To me it seems like the best way to make the this area less lively and attractive. Just fly over it... You will get a nice view from the top anyway, we don't need an aerial sightseeing option..

Anyone have some info on why this selection? I can't remember seeing any discussion about it (lived abroad a long time, sorry if this is already an old topic)
bookings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 05:38 PM   #98
Ingenioren

Sounds like you are doing great with writing this statement IceCheese, sukkerbiten is a location worthy of an architect competition for sure. (This time hopefully not such a boxy and boring winner... )

About the Gondola, i think it's quite nice that it will be visible in the city and floating over you when going around Bjørvika, don't see why it would make the city less lively - because of that mast? It's just a novelty that will look good and ride it once, most headed for Ekeberg will go for the far cheaper tram anyhow. Rather extend it than shorten it i say, running Ekeberg - Akerhus Fortress with an intermediate stop at Munch and maybe even Middelalderparken aswell

Last edited by Ingenioren; February 23rd, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
Ingenioren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 06:44 PM   #99
bookings

Likes (Received): 47

nah, the mast is just ugly. hope at least they can make it nice, if it's coming anyway. yes, I guess most people wont take the gondola anyway, that's why I don't see the need for it there. tusenfryd is not so far away

maybe a ferry would be better, if people want to see the skyline? not talking about those large ones going to the islands, but smaller with multiple stops, like a water bus. they have nice ones in geneva, functioning just like buses. they stop and leave about as fast as buses too, so they would be a viable mode of transportation.

maybe with a stop at sørenga, munch, fortress, etc, etc, to huk, or fornebu. a problem during winter, perhaps, if they continue like the last two...
bookings no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2011, 07:00 PM   #100
mjoks007

Likes (Received): 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceCheese View Post
Utifra disse tankene vil jeg prøve å utforme et innspill til reguleringsplanen på vegne av YIMBY, men først vil jeg gjerne høre deres tanker og hva dere savner i planen. Linken til planen finner dere her, om dere ikke skulle ha lest den allerede
The importance of several architects is getting involved in each quarter with short facades with varied expressions, like they do it at Tjuvholmen might be good to emphasize.