daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Urban

Urban discussions on urbanisation, urban society, economy, infrastructure, urban events and entertainment

Old September 7th, 2004, 10:25 PM   #1
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1053

Royal Malaysian Police

To get things going....here's some pics of police cars taken by yours truly

ROYAL MALAYSIA POLICE (Polis Di-Raja Malaysia)

Sponsored Links

Old September 8th, 2004, 10:54 AM   #2
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 88

the police car and bikes parked dengan berjaya la:P
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2004, 11:06 AM   #3
D_Y2k.2^

Likes (Received): 88

the police car and bikes parked dengan bergaya la:P
D_Y2k.2^ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2004, 08:27 PM   #4
baqthier
RISING LIKE A SPIRE!

Likes (Received): 8

DAILY EXPRESS NEWS
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New police department to fight commercial crimes
Melaka: A new Commercial Crimes Investigation Department will be set up in the police force on Jan 1 next year to strengthen the fight against white-collar crimes.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohd Bakri Omar said the department will replace the present commercial crimes division under the Criminal Investigation Department (CID).

He said the new department would be headed by a Commissioner of Police and have an additional 687 personnel at various levels.

The Government approved the establishment of the department - the seventh in the force -in view of the increasing workload, he said after launching a book "Developing Crime Prevention Strategies - The Melaka Experience", written by Melaka Chief Police Officer SAC I Datuk Christopher Wan Soo Kee.

Mohd Bakri also said the police had the manpower and logistical capability to handle all kinds of crises including a repeat of last Sunday's tsunami disaster.

"Our main duty is to protect life and property and the police are prepared for any kind of disaster, be it fire, mudslide, building collapse or even tsunami.

"We (police) also cooperate with other agencies like the military, Fire and Rescue Department and the Department of Civil Defence in search and rescue missions and also help victims of disasters," he said.

He added that during the tsunami crisis which hit the northwestern states of Malaysia last Sunday, police were stationed in stricken areas to ensure public order and prevent looting.

Mohd Bakri also launched the national premiere of Skop Production Sdn Bhd's film "Gerak Khas - The Movie 3" which will be shown in cinemas from Jan 11.

On the book, he said people should read it for useful insights on crime prevention strategies.- Bernama
baqthier no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 07:46 AM   #5
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Likes (Received): 2

It's time to revive this thread. I got my saman yesterday near to Jalan Peel for making a U-turn at 2 1/2bt Jalan Cheras. As usual, they spent their own sweet time interrogating me (you know what they want)... below are some classic quotes from last night:

P: "Duduk kat mana?"
Me: "PJ"
P: "apa? PJ? mana tu?"
Me: "PJ... Petaling Jaya"
P: "ohh PJ... nak pergi mana?"
Me: "nak pergi Loke Yew"
P: "Pergi Loke Yew buat apa? u duduk kat PJ pergi Loke Yew tak jauh ke?"
Me: "Saya datang jumpa kawan lah"
P: "Kawan duduk mana?"
Me: "Taman Segar"
P: "Apa? U duduk kat PJ kenapa kawan duduk kat Cheras?"
Me: "bang, kawan mana-mana pun ada, kan?"
P: "Yalah tu... *speechless*"
P: "Ok, saya bagi saman, boleh?"
Me: "ohh.. bagi lah"
P: "Betul? Saya bagi saman ya! *Spending like 2 min just to write the first letter of my name*"
Me: "Ya... bagi lah"
P: "Kamu tak tahu jalan KL ke? Kamu orang PJ tak tahu jalan KL?"
Me: "Saya orang PJ tak semestinya tahu jalan KL. Saya baru balik dari Australia"
P: "Kamu Hong Kong ke? *keep dragging time*"
Me: "Australia. Saya tinggal situ 3 tahun."
P: "Kamu tau ah, kita ni orang Malaysia, kalau dah buat salah, mesti cakap minta maaf lah, tapi saya tak dengar kamu minta maaf pun. Sebab tu saya bagi saman lah"
Me: "Bahasa saya memang tak baik, tak tau macam mana nak explain"
P: "Rakyat selalu kata polis tak mesra *ohh well, duh!*, tak mesra... Skarang kamu pun tak cakap sorry pun"
Me: "ohh... sorry lor *while he finished writing my full name*"
P: "Kita orang Malaysia ah, di mana-mana, pun tau sopan... kalau buat salah, cakap sorry, kalau orang lain buat baik, cakap thank you *omg stop the bullshits*"
After like 15 min...
P: "nah... ini saman"
Me: "Saman ni berapa?"
P: "tak tau lah... u pergi balai bayar... mungkin 3 ratus"
Me: "ohhh.... THANK YOU"

Eventually they issued me a saman because I just pretended I didnt know they wanted duit kopi. I have some queries regarding the saman I get -
1) it's doesnt say anywhere in the paper "Polis Trafik Diraja Malaysia", so should I pay the saman?
2) it doesnt say how much I'm supposed to pay.
3) according to my mum, it's not the same as the saman issued by traffic police coz the one i got doesnt have any words at the back page.
4) the saman was issued by 2 patrol police (polis ronda) who are in blue uniforms.
5) making just a wrongful U-turn and i have to pay RM300? or did he mean RM30??

What should I do? Now the saman doesnt look valid to me.
Lastresorter no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 08:53 AM   #6
musang
abed

szehoong - ambil gambar kereta polis x kena sama ker? ha haa

Lastresorter - senang jer, take the saman to the nearest police station and ask the validity of it.
musang no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #7
johnsonooi
Proud to be Malaysian

Likes (Received): 93

Senang saja. Report to the "kat IPD PJ" (means The PJ District HQ) then go to BPR and invite those two to minum kopi. Record their nombor police and sent to pm@pmo.gov.my or complains@pdrm.gov.my....hehe
johnsonooi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2006, 10:33 PM   #8
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

We just checked with "DAPAT" and there is no record of the saman mentioned... so should I pay?
Old July 27th, 2006, 02:25 AM   #9
in10cities
Bridge Over The Liffey

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lastresorter
It's time to revive this thread. I got my saman yesterday near to Jalan Peel for making a U-turn at 2 1/2bt Jalan Cheras. As usual, they spent their own sweet time interrogating me (you know what they want)... below are some classic quotes from last night:

P: "Duduk kat mana?"
Me: "PJ"
P: "apa? PJ? mana tu?"
Me: "PJ... Petaling Jaya"
P: "ohh PJ... nak pergi mana?"
Me: "nak pergi Loke Yew"
P: "Pergi Loke Yew buat apa? u duduk kat PJ pergi Loke Yew tak jauh ke?"
Me: "Saya datang jumpa kawan lah"
P: "Kawan duduk mana?"
Me: "Taman Segar"
P: "Apa? U duduk kat PJ kenapa kawan duduk kat Cheras?"
Me: "bang, kawan mana-mana pun ada, kan?"
P: "Yalah tu... *speechless*"
P: "Ok, saya bagi saman, boleh?"
Me: "ohh.. bagi lah"
P: "Betul? Saya bagi saman ya! *Spending like 2 min just to write the first letter of my name*"
Me: "Ya... bagi lah"
P: "Kamu tak tahu jalan KL ke? Kamu orang PJ tak tahu jalan KL?"
Me: "Saya orang PJ tak semestinya tahu jalan KL. Saya baru balik dari Australia"
P: "Kamu Hong Kong ke? *keep dragging time*"
Me: "Australia. Saya tinggal situ 3 tahun."
P: "Kamu tau ah, kita ni orang Malaysia, kalau dah buat salah, mesti cakap minta maaf lah, tapi saya tak dengar kamu minta maaf pun. Sebab tu saya bagi saman lah"
Me: "Bahasa saya memang tak baik, tak tau macam mana nak explain"
P: "Rakyat selalu kata polis tak mesra *ohh well, duh!*, tak mesra... Skarang kamu pun tak cakap sorry pun"
Me: "ohh... sorry lor *while he finished writing my full name*"
P: "Kita orang Malaysia ah, di mana-mana, pun tau sopan... kalau buat salah, cakap sorry, kalau orang lain buat baik, cakap thank you *omg stop the bullshits*"
After like 15 min...
P: "nah... ini saman"
Me: "Saman ni berapa?"
P: "tak tau lah... u pergi balai bayar... mungkin 3 ratus"
Me: "ohhh.... THANK YOU"

Eventually they issued me a saman because I just pretended I didnt know they wanted duit kopi. I have some queries regarding the saman I get -
1) it's doesnt say anywhere in the paper "Polis Trafik Diraja Malaysia", so should I pay the saman?
2) it doesnt say how much I'm supposed to pay.
3) according to my mum, it's not the same as the saman issued by traffic police coz the one i got doesnt have any words at the back page.
4) the saman was issued by 2 patrol police (polis ronda) who are in blue uniforms.
5) making just a wrongful U-turn and i have to pay RM300? or did he mean RM30??

What should I do? Now the saman doesnt look valid to me.
It is amazing to see the level of corruption being acted by this 'worms' whom should actually represent the law and tolerated by the public. In this case Lastresorter; you are not unique. Many times I've heard all the similiar story told; be it from fellow Malaysians or foreigners. Despite all the great physical progress Malaysia had made... this will always be the sticking sore thumb; thorn in the flesh. We are so used to it this 'warts' growing on our backs we are somewhat 'immune' to it- but 2 wrongs will NEVER be a right.

We need more brave people to stand up and be counted to tell to the powers-that-be how rampant this disgraceful taint... Corruption must be weeded out even in the grassroot levels...

Beautiful patrol cars or gleaming hi-tech stations should not be the only things PDRM be aspiring to get.

Streak-free operational records are far more important that those superficial ones...

Geram betoi!!!
Old July 27th, 2006, 05:13 AM   #10
szehoong
M O D E R A T O R

Likes (Received): 1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by musang
szehoong - ambil gambar kereta polis x kena sama ker? ha haa

Kalau kena tangkap I would say "What have I done wrong?....what have I done wrong?!?!?!?! I am tourist you know?"

Alternative: "Sudah minum ka boss?"
Old July 27th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #11
Lastresorter
Mi I.Ali - Loca Stoopa

Quote:
Originally Posted by in10cities
It is amazing to see the level of corruption being acted by this 'worms' whom should actually represent the law and tolerated by the public. In this case Lastresorter; you are not unique. Many times I've heard all the similiar story told; be it from fellow Malaysians or foreigners. Despite all the great physical progress Malaysia had made... this will always be the sticking sore thumb; thorn in the flesh. We are so used to it this 'warts' growing on our backs we are somewhat 'immune' to it- but 2 wrongs will NEVER be a right.

We need more brave people to stand up and be counted to tell to the powers-that-be how rampant this disgraceful taint... Corruption must be weeded out even in the grassroot levels...

Beautiful patrol cars or gleaming hi-tech stations should not be the only things PDRM be aspiring to get.

Streak-free operational records are far more important that those superficial ones...

Geram betoi!!!
Well said in10cities... after this incident, I did for a while think of moving to Singapore or back to Australia instead of having to live with these pests. Sad isn't it, I'm sure I'm not unique in this case

I haven't told you guys what happened to my mum when dealing with the polis in Sentul....
Old September 4th, 2006, 06:31 PM   #12
Greg

Likes (Received): 33

Traffic Fines Reduced As Much As 70 Per Cent

September 04, 2006 17:37 PM

KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 4 (Bernama) -- The rise in oil prices and the need to cultivate a culture of paying traffic fines have caused the traffic police to reduce compounds by as much as 70 per cent.

Internal Security and Public Order director Datuk Mustafa Abdullah said, from today, summonses issued would be lower than before.

"However, traffic offenders who received their summonses earlier must pay according to the old rates to avoid legal complications," he told reporters at his office at Bukit Aman here, Monday.

However, there would be no reduction for serious offences such as fatal accidents, drunken driving, underaged driver, irresponsible and dangerous driving, no insurance and illegal racing.

The compounds for those on whom warrants of arrest had been issued is double the amount offered but not exceeding RM300.

"The new rates will be maintained if response from the public is good," Mustafa said.

Asked whether the reduction would encourage more motorists to break rules, he said this depended on the people's perception.

"However, this move will enable us to stop wasting energy carrying out Ops Warta and going after offenders against whom warrants of arrest have been issued or who have failed to pay old summonses," he said.

Furthermore, there would be no more need for offenders to ask for reductions because the amounts they had to pay were already low, he added.

He said motorists could refer to their summonses through SMS addressed to Dapat or 32728 using the "saman alert" system.

To subscribe to Saman alert, one must type POLIS SAMAN, space, followed by the vehicle number.

The following offences can be paid according to the new rates:

* Accidents, except those that cannot be compounded. The earlier rate for all types of vehicles was RM300. The current rates for buses and lorries are RM200, cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs (RM150) and motorcycles (RM100).

* Speeding for which the earlier compound was RM150. Now, for lorries and buses (RM90), cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs (RM70) and motorcycles (RM50).

* Not wearing seat belts. Earlier for taxis, RM150, vans RM80 and cars RM70. Now RM50 for all types.

* For not wearing crash helmets, the compound is reduced from RM70 to RM30.

* Illegal "U" turn, dangerous overtaking, overtaking at lines, and driving along emergency lanes, the rates for buses and lorries reduced from RM200 to RM90 while for cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs reduced from RM100 to RM50.

* For beating traffic lights, the compound for lorries and buses is RM200, for cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs RM150, while for motorcycles RM100.

* Using handphones while driving, the old rates for buses and lorries were RM200, cars, vans, taxis and 4WDs RM100, and for motorcycles RM70. The new rates for lorries and buses are RM90, cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs RM70 and motorcycles RM50.

* Not giving way before turning, the old rates for lorries and buses were RM200, cars, vans, taxis and 4WDs RM100, and motorcycles RM70. The new rates RM90, RM70 and RM50 respectively.

* Not having driving licence and not displaying road tax: The old rates were RM150 for lorries and buses, RM80 for cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs, and RM70 for motorcycles. The new rates are RM90 for lorries and buses, RM70 for cars, taxis, vans and 4WDs and RM30 for motorcycles.

-- BERNAMA

We provide (subscription-based)
Greg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #13
Yee Haa

Malaysia boleh..PDRM pun boleh.."Kito ini prihatin & sayang kat Rakyat Kito.."

Just wonder itu ..$ Kopi entah ada Turun Tak! If so look like our brother have to kerja OT...Ooooph..
Yee Haa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2006, 11:21 AM   #14
Yee Haa

Hmmp..just wondering our NEW IGP Musa Hassan...Can he actually improve this so...called "Pasukan Yang Berdisiplin"? Hopefully not kes Tilam saje..It has been for quite long that this team has not been gaining a good image from the public..
Yee Haa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 02:13 PM   #15
nazrey

Likes (Received): 1781

by SushruthaD

image hosted on flickr
nazrey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:33 AM   #16
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 189

nasrey do you have a picture of the new PDRM evo 10 petrol car?

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:01 AM   #17
nazrey

r u sure its the evo10 ?!!
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:09 AM   #18
nazrey

Millions spent to make sure criminals don’t escape
Sunday December 7, 2008

KUALA LUMPUR: The Royal Malaysian police has bought 25 high-powered Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution cars to catch criminals and speed hogs.

The cars, worth several millions of ringgit, would be fitted with safety gadgets and would sport the looks of police patrol cars.

Sources said the police had already taken possession and were testing the cars before sending them to the Road Transport Department for registration and approval.

“The cars are to be used in high-speed car chase, especially in cases of carjacking, kidnapping and hijacking.

“The speed of the cars would enable the police to catch up with criminals who often used modified turbo charged cars to escape,” they said.

Several police personnel have been sent to undergo intensive driving classes to ensure they are able to handle the super charged cars, they added.

The cars, they said, would also be used by the highway patrol unit to monitor speed hogs or illegal racers.

Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Musa Hassan confirmed the purchase but declined to elaborate.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp...687&sec=nation
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:11 AM   #19
nazrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by daeng_jal View Post
nasrey do you have a picture of the new PDRM evo 10 petrol car?
Seems right hehe! Just found this pic man!
New Polis Di Raja Malaysia (PDRM) evo 10!

Last edited by nazrey; April 30th, 2009 at 01:09 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 05:10 PM   #20
daeng_jal

Likes (Received): 189

current PDRM petrol car the CLK (cute little kancil)

gempak gak

hartal day and melaka maju 2010 day are my birthday, hope the gomen will make it a public holiday
daeng_jal no está en línea   Reply With Quote