daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 6th, 2009, 05:20 AM   #1
Maria Theresa
BANNED

Likes (Received): 34

A short walk through Belo Horizonteīs business area in a sunny sunday

Belo Horizonte, Brazil

Maria Theresa no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 6th, 2009, 05:43 AM   #2
Parisian Girl
MONACO _ Côte d'Azur

Likes (Received): 2829

Great photos Maria Theresa!

It's quite noticeable that there are not very many people in these shots. All the business people are at home or away for the weekend huh!?
Old September 6th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #3
christos-greece
Moderator!

Likes (Received): 244619

Indeed, very nice - great photos @Theresa
christos-greece está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #4
Maria Theresa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisian Girl View Post
Great photos Maria Theresa!

It's quite noticeable that there are not very many people in these shots. All the business people are at home or away for the weekend huh!?
They are either at home, at the swimming pool or in the countryside.

It was too hot and sunny to stay in the streets. Better head to the parks with beautiful waterfalls in the suburbs of the city or the the clubs in the city.

Last edited by Maria Theresa; September 8th, 2009 at 02:37 PM.
Old September 6th, 2009, 04:35 PM   #5
Munichpictures1970

Likes (Received): 217

Interesting buildings. Nice shots, thx for sharing!
Old September 7th, 2009, 08:53 AM   #6
rajesh jagetia

Likes (Received): 6

Nice pictures, thanks for sharing.
rajesh jagetia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 04:41 AM   #7
Taller, Better
Administrator

Likes (Received): 12280

I'm surprised how big this city is! Wonderful shots...
Old September 8th, 2009, 06:10 AM   #8
T.O.M

Likes (Received): 3

Belo Horizonte business area? Whatīs the point of making it sounds like all this buildings are together in the same area? Whatīs the point of taking shots that show only fragments of the city and never show its reality or, at least, continuity. This city in this thread is not the city where i live in, but a city that only exists in Maria Theresaīs
dreams of what a perfect city would be.
Please, those who are gonna read this reply, donīt think Iīm one of those forumers who only come here to ask where the favelas are, etc. I do think we have to show the best our city has to show, but I would never say that some pictures of some buildings are showing Belo Horizonte, no! This pictures are showing restricted angles of some buildings, excluding all theirs sorroundings and all the elements that integrate them in a real city. If you make thread like this named : "random modern buildings in my city", Iīll never say a word against it.
My point is, this pictures are NOT EVEN showing a business district, they were taken in a lot of different locations of Belo horizonte. As I said, they are connected only in the dreams of some and in their distorced sense of good architecture. Short walk?? What are you talking about?? One would have to walk at least 1 hour in order to see all this places showed here, if he was a good walker ( Iīd rather take a cab).
I only wrote this reply because Iīm tired of this stupid brazilian who try to create a reality that doesnīt exist, in a ridiculous effort to fulfil their needs generated by their problems with their own self-esteem. We canīt blame those who say that most brazilians have some problems thinking they are worse than their brothers around the globe, specially on the north hemisphere, I do see people with this problems all the time, in this thread Iīve just seen one of them. In fact, we are worse than some other countries in a lot of ways, obviouslly in not all of them. If you are frustrated with this situation, cīmon, become a good architect, a good urbanist, or whatever helps to solve the problems we have arround here, they are so many, and trying to hide them like here in this thread can only lead you to foolishness or insanity. Sorry if I was to rude, but it had to be said, in this words. Sorry also for the mistakes in the english language.

Last edited by T.O.M; September 8th, 2009 at 06:19 AM.
T.O.M no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 08:50 AM   #9
KAZAN RESIDENT

Likes (Received): 12312

Attractive downtown!!!
KAZAN RESIDENT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #10
Maria Theresa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAZAN RESIDENT View Post
Attractive downtown!!!
Thankīs. However, the old and real downtown is no shown in this area, and it has more art deco and modernist buildings.
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:36 PM   #11
Maria Theresa
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taller, Better View Post
I'm surprised how big this city is! Wonderful shots...
Next time you visit Brazil you should come to BH. Itīs only a 50 min flight from Rio or SP to BH.
Old September 8th, 2009, 02:53 PM   #12
Maria Theresa
BANNED

Some more

Sede da Vale do Rio Doce

One more pic of that building showed in my first post. Actually itīs a hospital. A very nice one I must say.
Old September 8th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #13
UrbanImpact

Likes (Received): 1577

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.O.M View Post
Belo Horizonte business area? Whatīs the point of making it sounds like all this buildings are together in the same area? Whatīs the point of taking shots that show only fragments of the city and never show its reality or, at least, continuity. This city in this thread is not the city where i live in, but a city that only exists in Maria Theresaīs
dreams of what a perfect city would be.
Please, those who are gonna read this reply, donīt think Iīm one of those forumers who only come here to ask where the favelas are, etc. I do think we have to show the best our city has to show, but I would never say that some pictures of some buildings are showing Belo Horizonte, no! This pictures are showing restricted angles of some buildings, excluding all theirs sorroundings and all the elements that integrate them in a real city. If you make thread like this named : "random modern buildings in my city", Iīll never say a word against it.
My point is, this pictures are NOT EVEN showing a business district, they were taken in a lot of different locations of Belo horizonte. As I said, they are connected only in the dreams of some and in their distorced sense of good architecture. Short walk?? What are you talking about?? One would have to walk at least 1 hour in order to see all this places showed here, if he was a good walker ( Iīd rather take a cab).
I only wrote this reply because Iīm tired of this stupid brazilian who try to create a reality that doesnīt exist, in a ridiculous effort to fulfil their needs generated by their problems with their own self-esteem. We canīt blame those who say that most brazilians have some problems thinking they are worse than their brothers around the globe, specially on the north hemisphere, I do see people with this problems all the time, in this thread Iīve just seen one of them. In fact, we are worse than some other countries in a lot of ways, obviouslly in not all of them. If you are frustrated with this situation, cīmon, become a good architect, a good urbanist, or whatever helps to solve the problems we have arround here, they are so many, and trying to hide them like here in this thread can only lead you to foolishness or insanity. Sorry if I was to rude, but it had to be said, in this words. Sorry also for the mistakes in the english language.
I think you should speak to a doctor about being prescribed Xanax. She's just trying to show some office buildings in the city.

Thanks for the photos of my favorite Brazilian city
UrbanImpact no está en línea   Reply With Quote