daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Skyscrapers > Proposed Skyscrapers

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2010, 10:05 PM   #61
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Pictures of the uni are a bit irrelevant.

It will lie just to the right of the tallest tower in this picture. 152m BT Tower and will sore high above it.

image hosted on flickr
Ecological no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 23rd, 2010, 08:58 PM   #62
Sandblast

Likes (Received): 2844

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
Pictures of the uni are a bit irrelevant.

It will lie just to the right of the tallest tower in this picture. 152m BT Tower and will sore high above it.

image hosted on flickr
I tried to find an image from the university towards the city centre but ran out of time ... please accept my apologies
Sandblast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 23rd, 2010, 09:38 PM   #63
Lightton

Likes (Received): 1461

Beautiful Landscapes!
Lightton no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:18 PM   #64
Sandblast

Likes (Received): 2844

There are some huge & wonderful buildings proposed for cities around the World shown on this forum, from Toronto to Shanghai, but many will not make as dramatic an impact on their skylines as a whole, but Regal Tower in Birmingham England will make such an impact on the city's skyline, and will be 50 metres taller than anything else in the city.

image hosted on flickr

[IMG]http://*************************/birmingham/jpgs/regal_tower_birmingham_c261009.jpg[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Sandblast; February 24th, 2010 at 08:59 PM.
Sandblast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2010, 06:38 PM   #65
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 4692

Regal tower in the city of Birmingham, UK has today been approved.
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2010, 07:33 PM   #66
Brum X
Brum X

Likes (Received): 4692

REGAL TOWER Approved

Plans for Birmingham's tallest skyscraper approved
David Hickey, Regen.net, 23 April 2010

Birmingham City Council has granted plans to build the city's tallest tower outline planning permission.

The 200 metre high, 56-storey Regal Tower, thought to be the tallest building outside of London, will be developed by Midlands-based Regal Property Group and has been designed by Aedas Architects.

The mixed-use development is intended to include a hotel, 256 apartments, three floors of penthouse apartments, shops and basement parking.
The scheme also includes plans for a bar and restaurant and conference and meeting rooms.

The development in intended to create 400 jobs once complete and it is anticipated that there will be more than 300 construction jobs on site each year of the three-year build programme, Regal Property Group said.

Work is expected to start in the coming year, Regal Property Group said.

Birmingham's Big City Plan - the council's masterplan for development over the next 15-20 years - calls for more tall buildings in the city centre
Brum X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 27th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #67
PortoNuts

Likes (Received): 7160

Britain’s tallest tower outside London given green light by Birmingham City Council

Birmingham City Council unanimously resolved to grant planning approval for Regal Tower, a 200m high mixed-use building designed by Aedas Architects. Thought to be the highest building outside of London, the scheme will be developed by Midlands based developer, Regal Property Group.

The £125million mixed use development is set to stand at 56 storeys, and is designed to include a 289 bed luxury/business hotel, 256 serviced apartments, 3 floors of penthouses set within the 'Crown' at the top of the building, plus a parade of boutique shops on the ground floor with basement parking. A light and spacious triple height foyer will house a premium bar/restaurant and a 500 person banqueting suite, as well as conference and meeting rooms. Other facilities include a Spa & Fitness suite and a double height Sky Bar on the 30th floor, offering stunning views across the city.

Mark Holbeche of Regal Property Group, said: “The news of the granted planning permission is testament to the significance and importance of this prime gateway site which, with the quality design of the mixed use development, is set to become a focal point for the area. Providing much needed state of the art facilities in this area of the city upon completion, Regal Tower will also generate a high level of employment for local people.

“The Big City Plan sets out a need for more tall buildings and we are proud to have responded to this with the Regal Tower plans. Our planning advisors at DTZ and architects at Aedas have worked very closely with Birmingham City Council over the past three years to ensure all analysis undertaken is robust and relevant. We are delighted with the result.”

http://www.worldarchitecturenews.com...pload_id=13885
Old April 28th, 2010, 08:03 AM   #68
Ni3lS

Likes (Received): 3423

Very nice, I'll change the status right away!
[2016] > Norway, Valencia, Arvidsjaur, Innsbruck, Moselvalley, Geneva, Lisbon, Basel, Vosges, Munich, Trieste, Barcelona, Nürburgring, Frankfurt, Spa, Berlin, Wuppertal, Dortmund, Como, Monaco, Saint-Tropez, Tegernsee, Hamburg, Lübeck, Madrid, Stuttgart, Faro, Hochgurgl
[2017] > Düsseldorf, Mallorca, Geneva, Annecy, Montafon, Vorarlberg, Barcelona, Zürich, Crete, Lisbon, Cascais, Málaga, Ronda, Dolomiti, Sistiana, Kitzbühel
Ni3lS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:18 PM   #69
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

This has outline permission only, not full planning permission. There is also still the issue of carparking to be resolved too.
Myster E está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 28th, 2010, 04:47 PM   #70
timo
Weaste Infection

Likes (Received): 118

woohoo nice action brummers
timo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:16 PM   #71
timo
Weaste Infection

Likes (Received): 118

what gwarning with this one?
timo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM   #72
Brum Knows Best

Likes (Received): 137

Still wating for full planning permission
Brum Knows Best no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2010, 02:04 PM   #73
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

That's a lovely tower you guys are about to get over here, very beautiful . By taking a look at the previous pictures, I was like :' I should have visited UK's main cities during my 4 year' stay in London...I love the latter but Manchester/Birmingham/Newcastle/Leeds/Liverpool etc. seem to be worth it so much as well...whatever, I'll go there in the next few years, that's for sure...

PS: dunno whether you guys are aware of it but 'régal' in french means 'delight/treat/feast'...

Last edited by Jex7844; October 3rd, 2010 at 02:09 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:04 PM   #74
Tony Bear
Up the cut!

Likes (Received): 545

Just had a quick snoop here: http://s244306752.websitehome.co.uk/regal_tower.htm

Work to start 2013, how dead in the water is this or does anyone have any news which may indicate something will happen this year? Maybe if someone can shed some light as an update.

Could really be a catalyst for redeveloping Broad Street whether it's 200 metres or even 100.. provided it's good enough quality.
Tony Bear no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2013, 03:08 PM   #75
Brum Knows Best

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Bear View Post
Just had a quick snoop here: http://s244306752.websitehome.co.uk/regal_tower.htm

Work to start 2013, how dead in the water is this or does anyone have any news which may indicate something will happen this year? Maybe if someone can shed some light as an update.

Could really be a catalyst for redeveloping Broad Street whether it's 200 metres or even 100.. provided it's good enough quality.

I think this is dead as a dodo, i would have been grate but b'ham does not seem to build towers, snow hill tower started and stoped, this is not happeing, no new on V tower or colmore row
Brum Knows Best no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2013, 11:37 AM   #76
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brum Knows Best View Post
I think this is dead as a dodo, i would have been grate but b'ham does not seem to build towers, snow hill tower started and stoped, this is not happeing, no new on V tower or colmore row
ahhhh really?

That's such a shame!

It would have been great to have a skyscraper like this in the UK outside of London.

What is the acutal problem? Money? Investment? Leasing?
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 23rd, 2013, 02:19 AM   #77
Ferryman

Likes (Received): 79

It's such a shame that many of the new towers proposed in the last ten or so years have yet to be built, especially as many of London's are complete or near completed! I never liked the Regal Tower's design as it hate random cladding, although i loved the plans for the original 245m Arena Central Tower.
Birmingham - as the Second City - has so much potential to build tall and it could become the UK's answer to Frankurt Am Main.
I'd like to see cities like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool succeed in getting some new high-rises outside of London because almost every other country has cities with skylines that nearly or do rival the capital.

Karl1587 liked this post
Ferryman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:35 PM   #78
ZKB9
Seeker of the Truth

Likes (Received): 395

So wait what happened? Reading through this thread its like everything was on track and then it evaporated into nothing.
Old October 10th, 2013, 12:31 PM   #79
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferryman View Post
It's such a shame that many of the new towers proposed in the last ten or so years have yet to be built, especially as many of London's are complete or near completed! I never liked the Regal Tower's design as it hate random cladding, although i loved the plans for the original 245m Arena Central Tower.
Birmingham - as the Second City - has so much potential to build tall and it could become the UK's answer to Frankurt Am Main.
I'd like to see cities like Birmingham, Manchester, Leeds and Liverpool succeed in getting some new high-rises outside of London because almost every other country has cities with skylines that nearly or do rival the capital.
Yes I completely agree. Birmingham needs to be like the Chicago to New York (Birmingham to London) - but I guess there needs to be demand. There will be another skyline City in Britain.... but I think there might only be one other BIG one. In this case I honestly think it will be Birmingham or Liverpool. At this rate though, I think Liverpool will get it. Which is a shame for Bham. But lets hope.
~

L O N D O N
~

Old October 10th, 2013, 12:32 PM   #80
Bligh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKB9 View Post
So wait what happened? Reading through this thread its like everything was on track and then it evaporated into nothing.
I seriously have no idea... :-/
~

L O N D O N
~

Tags
birmingham, united kingdom