daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Around the Philippines > Cities, Places, Travel and Geography > Metro Manila

View Poll Results: How would you rate the quality of life in Manila?
Excellent, I'm fully satisfied 10 3.02%
Satisfactory, but can be improved 79 23.87%
Needs ALOT of improvement! 242 73.11%
Voters: 331. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:49 AM   #5181
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigs View Post
^nagkalat din yan sa quiapo
sana i-next nila e yung bandang barong barong sa quiapo
kakatakot yung mga muslim area dun, nakapunta ako dati dun first uwi ko sa pnas. kasi wala akong magawa sa buhay yuyuko ka sa sobrang baba ng barong barong at kumpol kumpol at patong patong. e sa liit ko nun e yumuyuko pa ko para makadaan dun sa street nayon, think of that haha. anyway where is little vietnam btw sa manila, napanood ko sinisisid dun yung mga patay while taking out the barong barong, kasi inimbak dun yun sa estero yung mga patay nung mahihirap sa sobrang hirap, kasi walang panglibing. grabe ang kahirapan, my goodness
Videos of Little Vietnam in Quiapo, Manila. just click the web link and you will arrive in Vietnam.


http://www.gmanews.tv/video/8815/Saksi-D'Little-Vietnam'-residents-will-be-relocated


http://www.gmanews.tv/video/8875/Search-for-'salvage'-victims-in-Quiapo-estero-stopped






Vicinity Map of Little Vietnam, it is located in the Estero in Arlegui Street in Quaipo, nearby the
MLQ University and the Muslim Mosque.

btw according to a Pinoy Muslim friend, the location of the Mosque was the same place as the original Mosque during Raja Soliman time before the spaniards arrived in Manila.

Last edited by TheAvenger; July 15th, 2007 at 01:19 AM.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
 
Old July 15th, 2007, 03:50 AM   #5182
Louman
Registered User
 
Louman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Manila / Los Angeles
Posts: 882
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinoy View Post
Eviction looms for railways folk



MANILA, Philippines – Say goodbye to “homes along da riles” in Manila. About 5,000 families living beside the railway tracks in Sta. Mesa, Pandacan and Sampaloc will be evicted in the next few weeks as the Philippine National Railways (PNR) begins its Southrail Rehabilitation Program (SRP).

Some residents in Sampaloc yesterday claimed they were assured they could remain in the area, but Vice President Noli de Castro said they had no choice but to remove every structure within 15 meters of the tracks because the Korean contractor of the project had insisted on it.

“Former officials asked us to stop the relocation, but this time, there would be no more postponement,” De Castro said.

The Vice President, who is also chair of the Housing and Urban Development Coordinating Council, yesterday met with affected residents in Pandacan where demolition operations have already started, before proceeding to Sampaloc.

With him were Manila Mayor Alfredo Lim, PNR General Manager Jose Maria Sarasola and National Housing Authority General Manager Rico Laxa.

In Pandacan, De Castro said relocated families were given a new lease in life because apart from being given affordable house and lots, they were transferred to sites that had schools, health centers and police precincts. The relocation sites include Cabuyao, Laguna; Trece Martires, Cavite; and Bulacan.

Lim, meanwhile, asked the residents to support the Vice President’s program as he assured them that their relocation to Trece Martires, Cavite, was “for their own good.”

image hosted on flickr
I've lived in Sampaloc for most of my childhood. I recently came back a couple of years ago (2005) to find the families living next to the rail road tracks in the same economic condition as that last time I saw them (1992). How the city will manage to move all those families and where they will live safely when they are finally evicted is beyond me. Hopefully their new homes in Trece Martyres resemble those of the ones built by GK or better. I don't think it will be a good idea to live in a new home the resembles their old one.
__________________
Goo Hit
Pilipins+ pilipins+ pilipins+ pilipins+ pilipins+
Can't see the baybayin/alibata? Click here to learn.
Louman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 04:14 AM   #5183
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Globo de Oro Mosque in Quiapo

this little western mindanao/sulu is near little vietnam.




Globo de Oro Mosque in Quiapo.







The interior of the Globo de Oro Mosque





The Globo de Oro Mosque in Quiapo.


It is a breathtaking sight, the Golden Mosque of Quiapo, whose golden dome towers over Globo de Oro street, serving as the heart of the Muslim district in the heart of Manila, the capital of this archipelago conquered by the Spaniards centuries ago in the name of Christendom.

The mosque can accommodate up to 3, 000 worshippers, and the Muslim district of Quiapo can lay claim to being one of the most densely populated areas in the whole metropolis, where roughly 80, 000 followers of the Prophet live in an area that barely covers 1.5 hectares. Surrounded by a sea of Christians in one of the most uncompromising bastions of Roman Catholic power, they are the invisible people, careful not to attract undue attention, which can only bode ill for them when many inhabitants of the metropolis fear or hate them, for no other reason than the faith they profess and the actions of extremists in other parts of the country and in other places throughout the world.

pls see also the below weblinks :

http://maharlikalegacy.blogspot.com/...-4-part-3.html

Last edited by TheAvenger; September 3rd, 2007 at 11:08 AM.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 12:08 PM   #5184
Ady001
Registered User
 
Ady001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: DC/QC/MKT
Posts: 1,795
Likes (Received): 103

Just OT guys...





I don't remember this place open to traffic...
__________________
We have to get better
__________________
Studying lex, always the same as, if better than sex
Ady001 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 01:19 PM   #5185
le Reine
Finding destiny
 
le Reine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 7,184
Likes (Received): 512

^nalulungkot pa rin ako. Pero anyway, if that could really solve the congestion in that area. I wish that the mayor would at least save those tiles on the LRT's pylons. And I hope the other mayors in areas which the LRT serves should also emulate it.
le Reine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #5186
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ady001 View Post
Just OT guys...





I don't remember this place open to traffic...
Looks okey din pala.

wondering what happens to the late Mayor Lacson monument adjacent to Fairmart Dept Store and the LRT Isetan station.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 15th, 2007, 05:44 PM   #5187
bitoy
The Great Northwest
 
bitoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,948
Likes (Received): 218

It looks clean so far. Kakatuwa ang mga tao sa PInas, may sidewalk na, sa kalye pa din naglalakad.
bitoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #5188
nayki
inBUSYble
 
nayki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Maynila
Posts: 1,098
Likes (Received): 338

Mas ok na na din ung na Open ulit ang avenida kasi mas madami naluging negosyo dyan nung sinara nila sa traffic. Pagandahin na lang nila ung arcade sa gilid ng kalsada at alisin ang mga sidewalk vendors sa bandang yan.

Mukhang nagiging madumi ult ang Maynila ngayon ah, napansin ko kahapon sobrang daming basura sa kalye sa vicinity ng city hall mismo at sa malate area. At saka medyo bumabalik ung mga taong natutulog sa kalye ung ma naka kariton, mukhnag walang nag sasaway sa kanila ngayon. Ewan ko lang kung dahil sa nag rereOrganize lang si Mayor Lim. Ewan ko lang...
__________________
"If you're born poor, its not you're mistake; If you die poor, its you're mistake"
nayki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:33 AM   #5189
jbkayaker12
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: LV NV USA
Posts: 6,664
Likes (Received): 10

^Why bother with lane markers when motorists ignore it!
jbkayaker12 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:57 AM   #5190
metrosuburban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 822
Likes (Received): 29

what about the plaza near Prudential Bank, what happened??
metrosuburban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 03:57 AM   #5191
kalbongdad
bald meat
 
kalbongdad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Manila AGAIN!!!
Posts: 2,486
Likes (Received): 39

the last time i passed by sta cruz the lacson monument...is still near fairmart although it has been moved a bit to give way to the development in the area....hopefully...lim's tenure will usher new beautification campaign for manila....focus should be given to the lrt central station and the library there it is really ugly....
__________________
enjoying life, every minute of it

An Bato nga Bantiles Naiibas Guihapon han Durudaguinot nga Turo han Uran
kalbongdad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 06:17 AM   #5192
tigidig14
Mucho Mandingo Papi
 
tigidig14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Baseko Co.
Posts: 6,398

Quote:
Originally Posted by nayki View Post
Mas ok na na din ung na Open ulit ang avenida kasi mas madami naluging negosyo dyan nung sinara nila sa traffic. Pagandahin na lang nila ung arcade sa gilid ng kalsada at alisin ang mga sidewalk vendors sa bandang yan.

Mukhang nagiging madumi ult ang Maynila ngayon ah, napansin ko kahapon sobrang daming basura sa kalye sa vicinity ng city hall mismo at sa malate area. At saka medyo bumabalik ung mga taong natutulog sa kalye ung ma naka kariton, mukhnag walang nag sasaway sa kanila ngayon. Ewan ko lang kung dahil sa nag rereOrganize lang si Mayor Lim. Ewan ko lang...
really wow
that is purty sad infact
wala na yung government van na nangunguha ng mga batang paali-aligid sa gabi rin. hayop na mayor lim na to, dapat painumin ng tubig galing sa pasig sa sobrang paepal epek
siguro ang laking na kurakot ni mayor lim sa mga inchik nung ipabubukas ulit yung daanan dyan
tigidig14 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:46 AM   #5193
bitoy
The Great Northwest
 
bitoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,948
Likes (Received): 218

From: Señor Enrique's blog

rhodora said...

Quote:
The mayor probably believes comfort/practicality has more sense than aesthetics. Which, to me, in a way - do make more sense too!

Let's just put it this way: leave the market to the marketplace. Besides, if Manilans and visitors do want to enjoy a stroll - there are many pleasant/beautiful sites in the city - where they are rightfully located.
“A city can be friendly to people or it can be friendly to cars, but it can't be both." -Enrique Penalosa

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Image from:Señor Enrique's Blog


Kung nagandahan nga naman yung iba sa inyo sa ginawa ni Mayor Atienza sa Avenida, marami din ang nakahinga ng maluwag sa pagbukas uli ng Avenida.

@Tigs, Kanya kanya lang na kurakot yan, mas Intsik pa si Atienza kaya kay Lim.

Buhayin na lang uli sana ang mga sinehan at department stores, para lumiwanag uli ang Avenida.
bitoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM   #5194
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinoy View Post
From: Señor Enrique's blog

rhodora said...



“A city can be friendly to people or it can be friendly to cars, but it can't be both." -Enrique Penalosa

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Image from:Señor Enrique's Blog


Kung nagandahan nga naman yung iba sa inyo sa ginawa ni Mayor Atienza sa Avenida, marami din ang nakahinga ng maluwag sa pagbukas uli ng Avenida.

@Tigs, Kanya kanya lang na kurakot yan, mas Intsik pa si Atienza kaya kay Lim.

Buhayin na lang uli sana ang mga sinehan at department stores, para lumiwanag uli ang Avenida.

pag maraming taong mahirap na natutulog sa kalye at kung marami din na prostitute na nagbebenta ng sarili kahit 500 pesos na lang per gimik ( i was approached by one in Grand Central, I pity her so I just gave her 100 pesos as I said it is a gift from a nationalist Pinoy.

pag maraming naghihirap na kababayan natin then the economic progress kuno is just a propaganda. if those people will be chased away from Avenida or from anywhere, they will jsut transfer somewhere. if the government will collect them and give to Social Welfare Department, can the government feed them forever ?
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:09 PM   #5195
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsinoy View Post
From: Señor Enrique's blog

rhodora said...



“A city can be friendly to people or it can be friendly to cars, but it can't be both." -Enrique Penalosa

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


Image from:Señor Enrique's Blog


Kung nagandahan nga naman yung iba sa inyo sa ginawa ni Mayor Atienza sa Avenida, marami din ang nakahinga ng maluwag sa pagbukas uli ng Avenida.

@Tigs, Kanya kanya lang na kurakot yan, mas Intsik pa si Atienza kaya kay Lim.

Buhayin na lang uli sana ang mga sinehan at department stores, para lumiwanag uli ang Avenida.
about Pinoy Intsik or the Pinoy with mixed Chinese blood who where in the government, the only one i admired is General Wong of the Philippine Marines.. A couple of years ago, like Trillanes he exposed also the corruption in the Procurement office in the Philippine Navy.


http://www.pcij.org/HotSeat/trillanes4.html

INTRODUCTION
On February 2001, the Philippine Navy (and the AFP) was rocked by a leadership crisis when the Philippine Marines (PMAR) demanded the relief of the Flag-Officer-In-Command, Rear Admiral Wong (Pazzibugan 2001).

The crisis was triggered by the berating of the Marines by RAdm Wong for alleged irregularities in the procurement of P3.8 million worth of Kevlar Helmets (Pablo 2001). In the events that followed, the Marines prevailed and RAdm Wong was stripped of his command and was "promoted" to an ambassadorial post. The crisis, while it was eventually resolved peacefully, exposed a previously unseen face of the Navy, and that is the face of CORRUPTION.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM   #5196
bitoy
The Great Northwest
 
bitoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,948
Likes (Received): 218

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvenger View Post
about Pinoy Intsik or the Pinoy with mixed Chinese blood who where in the government, the only one i admired is General Wong of the Philippine Marines.. A couple of years ago, like Trillanes he exposed also the corruption in the Procurement office in the Philippine Navy.


INTRODUCTION
On February 2001, the Philippine Navy (and the AFP) was rocked by a leadership crisis when the Philippine Marines (PMAR) demanded the relief of the Flag-Officer-In-Command, Rear Admiral Wong (Pazzibugan 2001).

The crisis was triggered by the berating of the Marines by RAdm Wong for alleged irregularities in the procurement of P3.8 million worth of Kevlar Helmets (Pablo 2001). In the events that followed, the Marines prevailed and RAdm Wong was stripped of his command and was "promoted" to an ambassadorial post. The crisis, while it was eventually resolved peacefully, exposed a previously unseen face of the Navy, and that is the face of CORRUPTION.
If you admired the Philippine Navy's Admiral Wong, you got to admire Brig. General Danilo Lim also. Hindi nagpayaman si General Lim, not like other senior officers of the AFP, Lim lives in a modest home and his family barely survived on his monthly income and benefits. And both must have been given a deal by the gov't to keep quiet on their accusation of corruptions in the present gov't with offers they can not refuse. Takutin ka ba naman ng "baka may mangyari sa mga pamilya niyo", so, they might as well not continue what they started for the sake of their families. (if you guys want proof about that, go ask their relatives.)
bitoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 04:49 PM   #5197
crappypants
SPEED
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: pasig city/ makati
Posts: 2,232
Likes (Received): 299

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAvenger View Post
pag maraming taong mahirap na natutulog sa kalye at kung marami din na prostitute na nagbebenta ng sarili kahit 500 pesos na lang per gimik ( i was approached by one in Grand Central, I pity her so I just gave her 100 pesos as I said it is a gift from a nationalist Pinoy.

pag maraming naghihirap na kababayan natin then the economic progress kuno is just a propaganda. if those people will be chased away from Avenida or from anywhere, they will jsut transfer somewhere. if the government will collect them and give to Social Welfare Department, can the government feed them forever ?
ganon naman pala since the govt. can't feed them forever and it doesn't seem
like they're getting schooling also then why are you againts temporary population control.

and you can combine aesthetic with convenience, just maintain a place clean.
unfortunately during the stint of LIm Manila was stinking like a festering hole.
i hope he has changed his ways.
__________________
GORDON FOR PRESIDENT 2016 . BF FOR VICE PRESIDENT
SAVE PASIG RIVER.
THE LOWLY WILL BE EXALTED, THE NOBLES WILL BE DEVOURED.

crappypants liked this post a million times
crappypants no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:09 PM   #5198
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Quote:
Originally Posted by crappypants View Post
ganon naman pala since the govt. can't feed them forever and it doesn't seem
like they're getting schooling also then why are you againts temporary population control.

and you can combine aesthetic with convenience, just maintain a place clean.
unfortunately during the stint of LIm Manila was stinking like a festering hole.
i hope he has changed his ways.

my friend nagbibiro lang ako noon kasi I found you so zealous with your
population control agenda and like a devil, i am testing how far you can defend your mentioned agenda.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM   #5199
TheAvenger
Guardian Angel
 
TheAvenger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Erehwon
Posts: 1,186
Likes (Received): 275

Originally Posted by tsinoy

If you admired the Philippine Navy's Admiral Wong, you got to admire Brig. General Danilo Lim also. Hindi nagpayaman si General Lim, not like other senior officers of the AFP, Lim lives in a modest home and his family barely survived on his monthly income and benefits. And both must have been given a deal by the gov't to keep quiet on their accusation of corruptions in the present gov't with offers they can not refuse. Takutin ka ba naman ng "baka may mangyari sa mga pamilya niyo", so, they might as well not continue what they started for the sake of their families. (if you guys want proof about that, go ask their relatives.)

----------------------------------------------------

oh yes, Brig. Gen. Danny Lim, a graduate of the USMA in Westpoint Va., and with the Phil Army's Scout Ranger Batallion

Last edited by TheAvenger; July 17th, 2007 at 01:31 AM.
TheAvenger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 10:33 PM   #5200
yawyaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 2
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhaelnis View Post
Dapat mahuli na sila ng Xplosibong Xclusivong Xpose!
mas magaling manghuli ang team ni Mike Enriquez ng IMBESTIGADOR!
yawyaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
manila, metro manila, philippines, urban development

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:15 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like v3.2.5 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu