daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > Metropolis & States > Los Angeles > Los Angeles forums > Projects

Projects Los Angeles Metropolitan Projects and Proposals. » Development News

Old September 24th, 2009, 08:05 AM   #1
surfnspy

Likes (Received): 0

THE WETHERLY |182 ft | 14 fl

Project Description
The Wetherly Project (Proposed Project) would demolish 84 existing apartment and condominium units in seven buildings and construct approximately 95 condominium units in one 14-story building (182 feet tall) and eight townhouse units in a three-story building (35 feet tall). A total of 238 parking spaces would be provided in a subterranean parking structure. The Proposed Project would be designed to achieve Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Silver certification, which would exceed the requirements of the City of Los Angeles Green Building Ordinance.

Location: 300 & 302, 304 & 306, 312, 316 & 318, and 322 S Wetherly Drive;
and 301 & 303, 307, 313, 319, and 321 & 323 S Almont Drive
Los Angeles, California 90048 (a bunch of addresses, since this proposal demolishes a slew of smaller buildings)

Architect: Nadel Architects

Someone else will have to post the pix from curbed.
surfnspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old September 24th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #2
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 317

I almost didn't post this because the project in the picture is 16 stories, 132 condos, and the proposed one now is 14 stories, 95 condos.
(at least it's subterranean parking!)
CurbedLA
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2009, 06:27 PM   #3
pesto

Likes (Received): 239

That area already has a lot of mid-rises and I would guess that in 20 years there will be 50 additional similar buildings in the LA/WeHo/BH area. Demand is huge between La Cienega and BH. Better get a pink line and push the purple to SM.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2009, 11:30 PM   #4
surfnspy

Looks like it passed. Tho hang tight for litigation. Funny that 4 seasons is one of the opponents since their building is a similar height in that area. It must have the potential to block views from their hotel rooms.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lano...ly-center.html
surfnspy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2009, 12:14 AM   #5
Westsidelife
LAL | LAD | LAK

Likes (Received): 44

12-Story Wetherly Project Approved by City Council

By Dakota
September 30, 2009

Today the City Council approved Genton Barth Real Estate Group's Wetherly project, a 12-story development that'll bring 95 condos to the corner of 3rd Street and Wetherly Drive. Given earlier resistance to the project by neighborhood groups, we had been wondering if anyone would sue, but the Los Angeles Times reports that Councilman Paul Koretz helped broker a compromise between some of the homeowner groups and the developer. Initially, Harald Hahn, president of the Burton Way Foundation, had been very vocal about the project's height, which has now dropped to 12 stories. Reached last night, he told us he had no comment on the project. Meanwhile, per a press rep for Koretz's office, some of the concessions made by the developer include 48 units of Cedars Sinai workforce housing (at another location), and a donation to the West Third Street Business Association for the implementation of a streetscape program and public valet program. And as noted last week, the architect here is RTKL.

Old October 1st, 2009, 06:26 AM   #6
milquetoast
L O S A N G E L E S

Likes (Received): 317

Like the extended overhanging rooflines! Very FLW
milquetoast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:24 PM   #7
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 120

I don't know if it's just me being in the Thai section for too long and seeing too many of these designs or if this design is really boring and overdone

Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #8
AlexTheMartian

two parts really stand out to me as something possibly overdone. The long vertical lines, and the insets of the floors back from the balconies. Yeah the bottom might be interesting, but the main 12-story tower part seems a bit like a merge of office building and plain hotel facades. But yet this is neither, it is condos...
Old October 3rd, 2009, 06:53 PM   #9
pesto

Likes (Received): 239

I am not a huge fan, but I don't think it's overdone in that area. It has a clean and stylish look, good for the very yuppy, almost resort-like neighborhood it's in.

Admitedly 5 of them would be too many.
pesto no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 6th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #10
AlexTheMartian

I am not saying it is bad. I was just trying to respond to IE's comment