search the site
 daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > République Démocratique du Congo > Projects and Construction

Projects and Construction Developments in the DRC

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2015, 11:31 PM   #761
depitcho

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulopwe View Post
I am seek looking at those ugly pictures. We deserve better than this. This Warehouse is going to be around for ages.

Due to high traffic , Kinshasa needs mid-size modern terminal for International as well as domestic passengers. Spending $25 millions for this , is just unjustifiable !

Mulopwe
INAUGURATION DU TERMINAL MODULAIRE AUJOURD'HUI

Source images Radio Okapi.

Kalonji, african liked this post
depitcho no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2015, 11:53 PM   #762
kalikate

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
I am seek looking at those ugly pictures. We deserve better than this. This Warehouse is going to be around for ages.

Due to high traffic , Kinshasa needs mid-size modern terminal for International as well as domestic passengers. Spending $25 millions for this , is just unjustifiable !

Mulopwe
What do you rather have ? This tiny not bad looking terminal or the old one?
Why do people think an airport only consist of a nice fancy looking terminal building for travelling passengers ???

An airport is not just about a terminal building .. It's firstly about the safety of the taking off and the landing of planes and by that I mean a nice and secure runway , a modern control tower , a system of firefighting in place ...

Please be aware that it cost a lot of money to build a control tower alone ...because you have to install modern equipments that will ensure the safe flying and landing of planes ...and control the country s airspace ....please take your time to enquire how much it cost to put a control tower together and you will realise that it cost far much more than building a terminal .

Have you noticed that there is indeed a bran new control tower at ndjili airport ?
The runway which is also one of the main priority when constructing an airport , I understand it has been rebuilt. Not just in kinshasa , but Lubumbashi and Goma which are 3 out of 4 international airports you have in DRC.

They have also invested in constructing a firefighting center at the same airport and I understand that a lot has been done to ensure the airport electricity demand is met in case of the SNEL fails as we are all aware to provide. All this cost money my brother ...

Before you think fancy building , think security and when you have security then starts complaining about how ugly the terminal looks .
Cause it doesn't matter how nice your terminal is , if there is no security no international airline will send their planes there like it was almost the case with air france cause it was beginning to cost them so much money with their insurer ...
Do you like the control tower? Or is it ugly ? Did you know it cost far more to build that control tower than the terminal you call ugly?
Can a plane land safely in ndjili today ?
Do you think the runway is ugly and has to be rebuild?
Will a plane land there with or without this ugly looking terminal provided security is met .? Lol

So let's us be balanced and fair .. We all know we are the great CONGO we deserve soooo much better but sometimes you have to start with the A B C rather than algebra ...
Just appreciate for now and see if the big building you so desire don't come...

By the way my comments or argument are not because I am endorsing any political group , I don't do politics I am just an observer and I m trying to be fair although I know we can and we will do better.

Dans la paix

loumartien, kakato, bkv, Pius, Okapi18 liked this post

Last edited by kalikate; June 26th, 2015 at 12:01 AM.
kalikate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2015, 11:58 PM   #763
Broda-Man

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkv View Post
Alright, thank you.

Could you please post it in the right thread? Including the one just before that one.
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:33 AM   #764
kinkiesse

Likes (Received): 1041

Quote:

Mulopwe
Come on Mulopwe, cut it some slack. Everyone wants a permanent airport...even this gov..but were unable to secure the financing aspect of a huge permanent airport...

This temporary "warehouse" may hold the key for future financing....

Also u may need to respect this "warehouse" because after spending time in other Congolese cities, it may end up its life cycle being also the future Mbuji Mayi airport.....Just saying. ..

Pius liked this post
kinkiesse está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:36 AM   #765
loumartien

Likes (Received): 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pius View Post
As customary with most Congolese journalists, this article is a web of deceit and misinformation. The construction (and funding) of the temporary terminal is totally unrelated to the funding by the ADB of other projects being executed at N’djili (Kin), Luano (L’shi) and Bangkoga (Kisangani) airports. The terminal has been funded solely by the central government and it definitely did not cost $79,5 million as claimed by the author of the article.
http://drcongoairline.blogspot.fr/20...ration-de.html
Through this article one gets an idea of the amount of funds and the sources of these funds. We can also appreciate to learn that the CG is already thinking about the final and definitive air terminal of 45000m2.
loumartien no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:19 AM   #766
Muswahili

Likes (Received): 6

the airport looks good. Although I expect that it might end up being badly managed like so many other projects in the country. A quand le moment ou l'on retirera à la RVA le monopole de la gestion des aéroports de tout le pays pour le confier à des sociétés distinctes et indépendantes?
Muswahili no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 01:57 AM   #767
Kalonji

Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by amampuya View Post
** Difference between the two:

- Criticism: a destructive global attack on a person's personality, childhood, history, or character.
In the DR Congo all criticism ends like this "Kabila is incompetent, illiterate, he is not Congolese etc, etc..)
Congolese opposition's focus is almost always on the individual not the issue itself.

- Complaints: are about a person's behavior, a specific thing, time, and place.

With (constructive) complaints there is no attack, there a direct focus on the actual problem.

John Gottman (marriage advisor) points to criticism as one of the basic relationship poisons that breeds contempt, also known as hatred.

High levels of contempt for your partner is the number one predictor of unhappiness and divorce.

- EXAMPLES:
PRODUCTIVE COMPLAINT: "I am so mad at you for not doing the dishes last night like you said you would.
I had to deal with them this morning and was late for work!" Stop there. Shut up.

This will focus your spouse on what really happened.
Keep the conversation on the working-out-the-dishes problem to find out what is possible with that frustration.

It is easy to turn a complaint into poisonous criticism by just adding, "What is wrong with you?" or "Don’t you love me?" or "How many times to I have to tell you to do something?" "You are just like your mother." "Your therapy isn't working."

you see the difference ?
really dude? that all you can do? im i that dumb not to know the difference between Criticism and complain... keep your smart pants to yourself man, you're not here to teach. I don't know what you thought before doing this, but my conversation with butembo wasn't about misunderstanding the two words.

Last edited by Kalonji; June 26th, 2015 at 02:18 AM.
Kalonji no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:06 AM   #768
BUTEMBO21
Mutu ya Chuma.

Likes (Received): 5923

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkiesse View Post
Come on Mulopwe, cut it some slack. Everyone wants a permanent airport...even this gov..but were unable to secure the financing aspect of a huge permanent airport...

This temporary "warehouse" may hold the key for future financing....

Also u may need to respect this "warehouse" because after spending time in other Congolese cities, it may end up its life cycle being also the future Mbuji Mayi airport.....Just saying. ..
The whole world knows they loot half of the budget...Obviously Financing is not the problem.
BUTEMBO21 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:14 AM   #769
Kalonji

kinkiesse, african liked this post

Last edited by Kalonji; June 26th, 2015 at 02:19 AM.
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:40 AM   #770
Kalonji

kinkiesse, Karavia, loumartien, Pius liked this post
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:41 AM   #771
Kalonji

Broda-Man, kinkiesse, kakato, Pius liked this post
Old June 26th, 2015, 02:44 AM   #772
Kalonji

kakato, Pius, loumartien liked this post
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:13 AM   #773
kinkiesse

Likes (Received): 1041

Kalonji, thanks for the great pictures! .......You deserve an Oscar for your work....

Pius, kakato, loumartien liked this post
kinkiesse está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:14 AM   #774
Sulybreks
I's of a b-holda

Likes (Received): 1207

Looks good, but we still need something better.

The Ayatollah of Sky n' scrapah!
Sulybreks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:17 AM   #775
Sulybreks
I's of a b-holda

Likes (Received): 1207

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkiesse View Post
Kalonji, thanks for the great pictures! .......You deserve an Oscar for your work....
True

The Ayatollah of Sky n' scrapah!
Sulybreks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 06:43 AM   #776
[email protected] KOMBE

Likes (Received): 9

Nice pics but here are some questions for every project we do in our country:
1.for one of the most richest country in Africa, do we deserve this?
2.with more 70 million people and 10 million in Kinshasa, do we deserve this?
3.the budget allowed for the project. Oh man! ( caisse ya l'etat, go pass, 5 chantires, revolution de la modernite, cooperation bla bla bla...) for this?

It seems to me that everything here labeled as temporary with a permanent budget become permanent project.
We have to compare ourselves with emerging countries bordering us and those with attractive or promising future like Angola,Nigeria,Sudan,Ethiopia or South Africa. I know many of u here visited some of these African country and just by their airport easily u understand what they want and where they want to go.
If we need to be great and competitor we need to check what is happening elsewhere ask some ? #nalobi

Dituengi, Mulopwe liked this post
K@TaKo KOMBE no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:17 AM   #777
bandundu
bandindu

Likes (Received): 79

It just so sad to see Congolese people being so pessimistic. When this cinq chantier was first initiated nobody gave it a chance. People told themselves Kabila is taking us for a ride , but look how far we have come. We are so quick to praise other countries progress but always critise our, despite the international community giving us a positive outlook. Angola is being praise for it development yet 2/3 of it population live in poverty, excess to clean water is a nightmare. Considering where we are coming from I think this government , despite it being corrupt, it making an effort to change the country's image

kalikate, Pius, kakato, Okapi18 liked this post
bandundu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 07:18 AM   #778
Kalonji

[email protected] KOMBE the dude who has to do with transportation said another airport bigger than this one will be built
Old June 26th, 2015, 10:51 AM   #779
Broda-Man

Likes (Received): 164

J'ai l'impression que beaucoup d'entres nous oublies que cette nouvelle extension de l'aeroport international de Ndijili n'est pas final. C'est un aeroport modulaire, en d'autres termes, provisoire donc c'est normal qu'il ne resemble pas a un aeroport que le grand Congo Kinshasa devrait avoir.
Le soucis que nous devrions tous avoir est que cette aeroport modulaire ne devienne pas permanent.

Pius, kakato liked this post
Broda-Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2015, 12:40 PM   #780
Karavia

Likes (Received): 1594

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broda-Man View Post
J'ai l'impression que beaucoup d'entres nous oublies que cette nouvelle extension de l'aeroport international de Ndijili n'est pas final. C'est un aeroport modulaire, en d'autres termes, provisoire donc c'est normal qu'il ne resemble pas a un aeroport que le grand Congo Kinshasa devrait avoir.
Le soucis que nous devrions tous avoir est que cette aeroport modulaire ne devienne pas permanent.
Comme beaucoup ne croyait pas à la matérialisation de ce projet et des autres projets d'ailleurs, ils ne se sont jamais informés donc il est "tout à fait normal" que même le mot modulaire ne suscite pas de questionnement.

bkv, Pius, kakato liked this post
Karavia no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
kinshasa