daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What European bid should be selected as host?
England 217 35.06%
Portugal & Spain 119 19.22%
Belgium & Netherlands 85 13.73%
Russia 198 31.99%
Voters: 619. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old December 5th, 2009, 06:30 PM   #241
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Oh ok.
RobH no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #242
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Russia Presents Bid at High-profile Events in South Africa

Taking stock after an intense week of bidding activities at high-profile events in South Africa, the Russian Bid Committee for the 2018/2022 FIFA World Cup™ has drawn a number of positive conclusions.

"I am happy to say that we have had a great deal of encouraging and positive feedback", Minister of Sports, Tourism and Youth Policy, Vitaly Mutko stated.

Mutko, who is also a member of the FIFA Executive Committee, led the delegation including bid CEO Alexey Sorokin, former national team captain and bid ambassador Alexey Smertin and bid Director of Planning and Operations, Alexander Djordjadze.

At the FIFA Bidder Expo in Cape Town on 4 December the delegation gave in-depth explanations to more than 200 media and dignitaries why Russia should be awarded the right to host either the 2018 or 2022 FIFA World Cup. Also attending the event were several of Minister Mutko's fellow colleagues of the FIFA Executive Committee, such FIFA Vice-Presidents Dr Chung Mong-Joon (Korea Republic) and Angel Maria Villar Llona (Spain) as well Executive Committee members Dr Michel D'Hooghe (Belgium) and Junji Ogura (Japan) and Dr Danny Jordaan, the CEO of the Local Organising Committee South Africa 2010.

The bidder expo was held at the Leeuwenhof Estate, the official residence of the Premier of the Western Cape Province in Cape Town. Premier Helen Zille was welcomed at Russia's booth by Minister Mutko, who provided her with a comprehensive account of the Russian bid.

Earlier in the week, from 30 November to 2 December, the bid delegation had been present at Soccerex in Johannesburg, welcoming a large number of visitors to its "Red Square Lounge" and having courtesy meetings with FIFA President Joseph S. Blatter, as well as FIFA Executive Committee members, Dr Amos Adamu (Nigeria) and Franz Beckenbauer (Germany).

In their statements, the bid committee also emphasized that legacy is to be a key part of the Russian lobbying campaign. "It would be a historic choice and an investment in the future," said bid CEO Sorokin. "Making the World Cup happen in Russia would change the future not only of football but of sport generally in our country."

FIFA will award the 2018 and 2022 FIFA World Cups™ at a special meeting of its Executive Committee on 2 December 2010.
http://russia2018-2022.com/en/news--...th-africa.aspx

Accents )
poxuy no está en línea  
Old December 17th, 2009, 11:57 PM   #243
poxuy
BANNED

Some last news about Russian bid.

Company, which will help to prepare Bid Book and all events is "Helios Partners, LLC". They worked on Beijing 2008, Vancouver 2010, Sochi 2014, Kazan 2013.
The design of stadium and all infrastrucutre will be made by Swiss architectural company "Implenia Global Solutions Ltd."
"Marcus Siegler Consulting" will communicate with FIFA on bid. Marcus Siegler is a former FIFA director of communications from Switzerland, who worked there more than 5 years. Andreas Herren, PR head of FIFA and "right hand" of Blatter also working on bid.

During december, represantatives of "Russia-2018" Bidding Commettee, represantatives of architectural bureuos, including Roland Fisch (director of Swiss company "Implenia"), Tim Huppe (Swiss company "Tim Huppe Architekten"), Philip Buell (Swiss company "Nussli"), Ruben Ready ("Ruben Ready Architechts", prepared all projects for WC-2010) - all of them are travelling around cities-candidates and analyzing all that necessary.
Tim Huppe, for example, will work on "Luzhniki" reconstruction, new "Spartak" stadium, new stadiums in Saransk, Volgograd and Krasnodar.

I should remind that FIFA headquarters is in Switzerland and Sepp Blatter is from Switzerland .
poxuy no está en línea  
Old December 18th, 2009, 07:29 PM   #244
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Blatter vsoy kupil ha ha ha
rus no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 02:44 AM   #245
JDonner

Likes (Received): 0

The World Cup should go to The Netherlands/Belgium. Brazil and The Netherlands play the most exciting football in the world and Netherlands never hosted the world cup before and neither has Belgium. Also every tournament (Euro 2000, U21 2007) hosted in the Netherlands (with the Euro also in Belgium) was a great success in any way.

Belgium football has gone downhill and should be at a much higher level and the world cup could give them the boost they need, just like in Russia. Why not England? Because the already had it before those greedy bastards, not to mention that English competition has become nothing but a matter of who has the largest bank account.

Who will get it? England of course... because this whole Fifa is just one bunch of incapable corrupt clowns....sigh
JDonner no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:40 AM   #246
RobH

Boring, boring, boring, boring. Some real reasons about stadium infrastructure, sporting culture, love of football, plans for hosting the tournament etc. would be nice rather than pointless jabs at competitors.

I shake my head when I hear some of my fellow countrymen saying "England won't get it because this whole Fifa is just one bunch of incapable corrupt clowns." It's not particularly enlightening to hear a similarly "well-reasoned" argument from the opposite perspective.

So, Mr 10 posts, learn to use these forums properly please. Discuss Netherlands/Belgium (that'd be nice as we don't have many people talking about that bid here), but if you resort to posts like the one above, you won't last long here. Sorry.

Last edited by RobH; December 23rd, 2009 at 10:47 AM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:14 PM   #247
witn88

The latest news in Belgium is that Standard Liège won’t build a new stadium but they will expand their current stadium (Sclessin) to 45.000. Because it is cheaper then building a new stadium. Also it is certain that there will be a new stadium of 45.000 in Bruges for the 2 teams (Club Bruges and Cercle Bruges). And that’s about it. Maybe later I will post an update of all the Belgian stadiums.
Old December 23rd, 2009, 08:32 PM   #248
zbyszekkk
BANNED

Belgium & Netherlands !
zbyszekkk no está en línea  
Old December 23rd, 2009, 10:55 PM   #249
Aloy Concept

Likes (Received): 1443

Portugal & Spain
Aloy Concept no está en línea  
Old December 26th, 2009, 04:59 AM   #250
poxuy
BANNED

Russia 2018/2022

As some countries already choosed cities and have practically all stadium projects, I am posting some numbers, what we know for today. Final numbers and projects will be known until 14.05.10.

Moscow (80,000 + 40,000-45,000)

St. Petersburg (62,000-67,000)

Kazan (45,000)

Sochi (45,000)

BID:
14 CITIES
15 STADIUMS (12 NEW + 3 RECONSTRUCTED)

Last edited by poxuy; January 1st, 2010 at 03:39 AM.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:02 AM   #251
sali_haci
High in the sky

Likes (Received): 2635

All i want is:
UEFA EURO 2016 in Turkey
Olympic Games 2020 in Istanbul
and 2018/2022 Mondial in Russia
sali_haci no está en línea  
Old December 29th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #252
RobH

You don't ask for much, do you?
RobH no está en línea  
Old December 31st, 2009, 09:47 PM   #253
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
Exclusive: Blatter still against joint World Cup bids

December 31 - FIFA President Sepp Blatter (pictured) will be more likely to support sole nations bidding for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups than joint bids, insideworldfootball has learned.

Following the 2002 tournament in Japan and South Korea, fraught with logistical problems, Blatter made it clear he would not be in favour of any more joint bids.

He has softened that position in recent months, under pressure from smaller countries who claim they are unable to stage the World Cup on their own without help from their neighbours.

But it is understood that Blatter is still fundamentally unhappy with the concept of joint bids, bad news for the likes of Spain and Portugal and Netherlands and Belgium, good news for England, Russia and the United States.

"As far as we understand it, if a single country is capable of putting on a World Cup, Blatter would prefer that," said a senior member of the US team bidding for 2018 or 2022.

"Will that bother some people?

"Quite possibly."

Such comments have been given further credence by FIFA general secretary Jerome Valcke's interview to a Middle East publication at the recent Abu Dhabi Sponsorship Forum.

Valcke told Emirates Business that the United Arab Emirates, which recently staged the Club World Cup, would have to be part of a wider bid with other Gulf states to ever stand a serious chance of hosting the World Cup itself.

Valcke said it would be difficult for an individual country in the region to go it alone.

"The issue of the UAE hosting the main FIFA World Cup is that you have hot weather and with it being played in June it will be 50 degrees Celsius or more on any day of the matches here," he said.

His remarks will make particularly interesting reading for those involved in the Qatar bid which is making a huge pitch for 2022.

Last month, former Chelsea and Manchester United chief executive Peter Kenyon was quoted as saying that football had not grown sufficiently quickly in the Middle East for Qatar to be considered.
http://www.insideworldfootball.biz/i...&Itemid=80
poxuy no está en línea  
Old December 31st, 2009, 10:14 PM   #254
RobH

Well, that article implies to me the biggest problem is for the Iberian bid. If Blatter has softened his position and accepts smaller countries can't host on their own, he and FIFA may be willing to consider Belgium & the Netherlands. But he'd surely wonder what Spain was playing at, wouldn't he? I know Portugal can't host on their own, but Spain certainly can and the Iberian bid is, to all intents and purpouses, Spain plus two or three venues over the border. If he only wants joint bids from countries incapable of hosting on their own, that puts Spain in a very awkward position indeed.

I think 2018 is between England and Russia at the moment, and I wouldn't like to call it either way. I might be wrong, but from everything I've read that's what I think these are the two out in front in the European race.
RobH no está en línea  
Old January 1st, 2010, 12:55 AM   #255
Chimbanha

Likes (Received): 1965

The rule is just not self-applicable. There will be a lot of problems down the road to decide which countries can host on their own and which ones can't. We do know Belgium, Netherlands and Qatar can't be sole hosts, but what about Sweden, Norway, Argentina and Colombia?

And what about countries like Portugal/Uruguay, with good/great football tradition that do not have similar neighbours to share the hosting with?

The above mentioned situation means that it will always be up to the voters (thus, not Blatter) to decide which pairings are "awkward" and which aren't. At least until FIFA decides to pull itself together, sit on a table and actually decide definitive rules about hosting. Since the 2010 election obscure rules have been created about the hosting, but they're only applicable to the next one of two cycles, like the continental rotation. Or does anyone think the enelegibility of a federation for the next two cycles after hosting will persist for long?

Here's what's wrong for now:

- Coefficients should be created to each confederation considering football history, economic weight and quantity possible host countries. That way, each confederation should have a number of inelegible cycles after one of its countries is elected hosts. European and Asian countries should be elegible for every other election. CONMEBOL, CONCACAF and African countries should be elegible one in every 3 times. Oceanic countries should be supposedly elegible once in 5/6 cycles. The mentioned coefficient would only have the purpose of justifying the quantity of inelegible cycles, you know, just like they do when they want to select the seeds in the WC :P

- There should be a preliminar phase in the selection of hosts, at which a FIFA board would declare bids viable or inviable. Right now, if Swaziland lobbies really well they can get a WC, there is simply no bid evaluation. At this phase a Spain/Portugal bid could be ruled out, so it wouldn't get the chance to bribe FIFA officials and be elected to the detriment of the principle countries like Spain can't co-host.

The IOC is frequently criticized here, but they are doing one thing right: if Rio hadn't improved its bid, it wouldn't have even been elegible in the 2016 race, just like in 2004 and 2012. To put it in other words, Rio could have been elected Olympic hosts in 2004 or 2012 with a below-threshold bid if there weren't a preliminar phase.

Last edited by Chimbanha; January 1st, 2010 at 01:07 AM.
Chimbanha no está en línea  
Old January 1st, 2010, 01:28 AM   #256
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

I do agree with the coefficients since Europe should be able to host every other WC because they have enough countries capable of hosing the WC. But asia every other WC? No.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old January 1st, 2010, 02:26 AM   #257
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

I don't think Europe should be hosting every other World Cup, but I don't think they should ever go three without hosting. Sometimes they can have two of three, but not every other one. For example, they should get 2018 and 2022 goes elsewhere, then for 2026 it should be the best bid regardless of location. If it's in Europe fine, if not then Europe gets 2030.
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old January 1st, 2010, 09:17 AM   #258
Chimbanha

Likes (Received): 1965

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
I don't think Europe should be hosting every other World Cup, but I don't think they should ever go three without hosting. Sometimes they can have two of three, but not every other one. For example, they should get 2018 and 2022 goes elsewhere, then for 2026 it should be the best bid regardless of location. If it's in Europe fine, if not then Europe gets 2030.
I think we will already have a tough situation in 2026 if FIFA does not let Europe host every other WC. Unless China bids, it will obviously fall in the lap of the loser of the USA x Australia battle in 2022 (probably USA). Either that or we will have a far from ideal battle between USA, Japan, Korea and Mexico, for example. When we could have Turkey, Russia, Spain and Benelux in the mix if european teams were allowed to bid.
Chimbanha no está en línea  
Old January 2nd, 2010, 06:38 AM   #259
hngcm

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
It's not that they will host every other world cup, but have a chance to if the european bid is the best one.
hngcm no está en línea  
Old January 2nd, 2010, 07:07 AM   #260
Brchc

Do u people only think about England and Russia?

ok, qatar is not a good choice, but indonesia and australia have a chance in 2022

i agree that portugal and spain aren't in a good position to get 2018 WC, but there's no argument against NED/BEL

i do 2018 will definately be in europe, i believe in Australia 2022 and Usa 2026, and 2030 will go to Uruguay (maybe with argentina)
Brchc no está en línea  

Closed Thread