daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What European bid should be selected as host?
England 217 35.06%
Portugal & Spain 119 19.22%
Belgium & Netherlands 85 13.73%
Russia 198 31.99%
Voters: 619. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 11th, 2010, 11:24 PM   #441
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6826

You can buy anything in this World. Even me There is nothing strange in this, so simply don't put your noise not in your business

Sponsored Links
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:38 PM   #442
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6826

most of bet agencies now bet on russia in first place.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:12 AM   #443
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

In a further boost to the campaign, Fifa’s technical report into the bidding nations, which will be sent out today, is understood to have delivered a favourable verdict on England.

Prime Minister David Cameron has also confirmed that he will travel to Zurich for the final presentation, and he will be joined by Prince William and David Beckham.

The technical report, which ranks each bid against three levels of risk – low, medium and high – is understood to have declared England as low risk overall.

The report also makes risk assessments on a number of areas, and England is understood to score consistently as a low risk across the different categories.

Sources indicated that two of England’s rivals, Russia and the Holland-Belgium joint bid, have scored less well with fewer low-risk marks, but it is unclear what overall ranking they have been given.

Confirmation that Cameron and Prince William will be part of the final delegation came in a list of dignitaries circulated by Fifa to bidders for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments seen by The Daily Telegraph.

The prime ministers of Holland, Belgium, Australia are also listed, along with the South Korean president and the Emir of Qatar.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...o-England.html
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:14 AM   #444
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
You can buy anything in this World. Even me There is nothing strange in this, so simply don't put your noise not in your business
Says who? Why haven't you sold yourself then? No buyers maybe I was actually going to ask you are the Chechens doing these days?
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:27 AM   #445
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Qatar has reportedly offered $43bn if Fifa will only give it the 2022 World Cup – or rather if the vote-fixers can cut a deal with a rival Iberian bid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...-world-cup-bid
I actually had to open the link to check for myself

wtf?????

I know that a Doha WC was the basic premise for $50 billion in development.Is this connected to the above statement??
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:38 AM   #446
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Another lie from british media. I don't see what this has to do with them. Nosiy neighbors looking into a gated fence, barbed wire and a pitbull should keep them on their property.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:50 AM   #447
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
I actually had to open the link to check for myself

wtf?????

I know that a Doha WC was the basic premise for $50 billion in development.Is this connected to the above statement??
I think it's money, $43 billion split to whomever wants to join the Qatar pay off party. Who knows it could be more. As I have said many times if Qatar weren't in this bidding process, then it would in no way be like this but FIFA have totally blown it this time. Not in the entire history of world cup bidders has a nation more undeserving decided to bid for a world cup and everyone knew their only chance was to pull off these kinds of collusion deals/litterally buy the world cup. Spain/Portugal and Qatar should be both eliminated from the vote, as I said if these 2 win then FIFA's executives don't know what they are opening up. Panorama? Panorama is going to be like some bacteria that you need a microscope to see with, compared to the real upcoming investigations.
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:54 AM   #448
CaliforniaJones

Likes (Received): 258

A technical report from an inspection team on the nine bidders will also be distributed to the executive committee on Nov. 17.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...n-hearing.html

This report could either strengthen or weaken some bids ahead the final vote. FIFA ex-co members could also change their minds and preferrences.
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:00 AM   #449
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Another lie from british media. I don't see what this has to do with them. Nosiy neighbors looking into a gated fence, barbed wire and a pitbull should keep them on their property.
British media? Right, I get a feeling the party is just starting. I admit the media in England have their faults but in this case, they have been absolutely brilliant. They have been the best media outlets on the planet, nobody else has the capacity or the balls to do what these guys have done. They smelt a rat with Qatar's bid and they are not going to let go. FIFA only has to blame itself, nobody else. Qatar shouldn't have been involved with the bidding process, everyone has said it from day one and now well we shall see how it all goes down.
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:04 AM   #450
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaJones View Post
A technical report from an inspection team on the nine bidders will also be distributed to the executive committee on Nov. 17.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-1...n-hearing.html

This report could either strengthen or weaken some bids ahead the final vote. FIFA ex-co members could also change their minds and preferrences.
Already announced yesterday boganjones I mean california, sorry
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:10 AM   #451
_X_

Quote:
I think it's money, $43 billion split to whomever wants to join the Qatar pay off party. Who knows it could be more. As I have said many times if Qatar weren't in this bidding process, then it would in no way be like this but FIFA have totally blown it this time. Not in the entire history of world cup bidders has a nation more undeserving decided to bid for a world cup and everyone knew their only chance was to pull off these kinds of collusion deals/litterally buy the world cup. Spain/Portugal and Qatar should be both eliminated from the vote, as I said if these 2 win then FIFA's executives don't know what they are opening up. Panorama? Panorama is going to be like some bacteria that you need a microscope to see with, compared to the real upcoming investigations.
Actually,if Spain and Qatar get away with this and are awarded WC's I would expect a full investigation by the European Union and Washington at the very least
This collusion effectively sidelines 3 of the most powerful nations in the world-certain folks won't be happy
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 01:15 AM   #452
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Actually,if Spain and Qatar get away with this and are awarded WC's I would expect a full investigation by the European Union and Washington at the very least
This collusion effectively sidelines 3 of the most powerful nations in the world-certain folks won't be happy
Why even have a vote? let's just see who can put the most money on the table. They start with seven votes each minimum, who knows who else they have paid off. The decision should be taken by the technical committee, people like Harold Nicholls who have integrity but then people like him get voted out ASAP because he's actually clean.
Old November 12th, 2010, 02:32 AM   #453
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old November 12th, 2010, 10:47 AM   #454
MysteryMike
BANNED

Technical reports have been handed out to the executive committee supposedly.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #455
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

Quote:
Washington? I HIGHLY doubt it dude. Again, hosting large sporting events is relatively routine for this country. I could see how this is a major national story for other countries, but losing an event bid of any kind hardly amounts to a blip on the radar in the American media, much less on Capitol Hill. It might get a 5-second clip once in an entire month on ESPN...if you're lucky. Frankly, hosting a World Cup is not a huge priority for this country. Sure we could do it, and it'd be cool, but that's about it. Nothing earth-shattering about it.

Back to your point, though. If Spain and Qatar do indeed win the vote, you can exclude the US, but Oz and England will surely raise hell. And they can always have a further investigation, and if it is found out that collusion existed, there is nothing stopping FIFA from reawarding the events at a later stage.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:43 AM   #456
_X_

I'm very surprised at the attitude you think the Americans will have if they aren't successful.What was it like after the last Olympic vote-how long was that a news item?
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:51 AM   #457
slipperydog

Likes (Received): 2401

LOL I was wondering if you'd ask about Chicago. I didn't even know the date it was being announced, and then I saw a small clip on the news and that was it. I think if anything, they were just surprised they got knocked out in the first round, since they were reportedly a favorite. Now it was probably covered a bit more in Chicago, but even so, I'm sure most people forgot about it the next day and just moved on with their lives. And trust me...the same thing will happen with this. We all like watching these big events, but do we have to host them? Not really.
slipperydog no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:53 AM   #458
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7065

Quote:
If Spain and Qatar will awarded WCs, I would expect big scream from the British Isles. But I doubt that it will be heard outside the island.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:59 AM   #459
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
If Spain and Qatar will awarded WCs, I would expect big scream from the British Isles. But I doubt that it will be heard outside the island.
What about Russia? Wouldn't you be disappointed?
Old November 12th, 2010, 12:04 PM   #460
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7065

Quote:
What about Russia? Wouldn't you be disappointed?
I doubt that anyone in the Kremlin or in the Russian White House will be worry about it. What about ordinary residents, we respect all European bids and accept our possible defeat with dignity.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  

Closed Thread