daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What European bid should be selected as host?
England 217 35.06%
Portugal & Spain 119 19.22%
Belgium & Netherlands 85 13.73%
Russia 198 31.99%
Voters: 619. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2010, 01:06 PM   #541
RobH

Likes (Received): 10347

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
I find it odd that you call FIFA as "gang of corruptioners", but use Blatter's words as gospel.

I'm not using Blatter's words as gospel, I'm using my eyes, my own experience of football in this country, the falling arrest rates, the safe and clean stadiums, the policing and stewarding at the vast majority of matches. I know what Sepp Blatter said after he met our PM is true; I'm not basing its truthfulness on the fact that Blatter said it!

However, the fact that the most powerful man in world football sees and praises the progress England has made (no matter how corrupt parts of FIFA are), is a good thing.

WFInsider, so long as you have a blind spot for the provocative posts other Russians write on this forum, your complaints are worthless. As I've already told you once, my SINGLE trolling post in the Russia thread which got it locked - as I'd intended - was done solely in response to your friend Aleksey getting the England thread locked, so I find it quite funny that your advising him to ignore me! Your posts are pretty good for the most part.
RobH no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:40 PM   #542
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
English clubs was banned by UEFA on FIVE years, in 1986-1990. No one European country (including the barbaric Russia - or USSR in your minds) has received such a humiliating punishment.
You somehow managed to show yourself up even faster than normal.

Did you even read what I said? I wrote how England's contemporary Hooliganism is completely "Unrecognisable to Hooliganism of our past." Yet you decided to post about how English football was "banned by UEFA on FIVE years, in 1985-1990."

What the hell do you think I was talking about? How on earth does bringing up 5 years, 25 years ago relevant to hooliganism in England now, or even by 2018?

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:43 PM   #543
RobH

It's not, but it's the best he's got.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:16 PM   #544
coth
pride leader

Likes (Received): 6827

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobH View Post
Blatter recognises this and was effusive in his praise for England's development. If Rusky trolls don't it hardly matters.
Oh please don't pretend to be messiah. You know nothing about modern Russia either.
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #545
ImperatorMing

Likes (Received): 0

I am for England.
ImperatorMing no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:41 PM   #546
Bobby3

Likes (Received): 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
Oh please don't pretend to be messiah. You know nothing about modern Russia either.

You can say what you will about the English acting like idiots a generation ago, but stuff like that banner would not fly there today. That was in Russia THIS YEAR.
Bobby3 no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM   #547
RobH

Quote:
Originally Posted by coth View Post
I don't pretend to know a lot about modern Russia, but if the Russians on this forum are at all reflective of it, it's not somewhere I'd like to go. I have a lot less sympathy for a Russian world cup than I did a year ago after having read the contributions of various Russians to this forum. So congrats to all of them for doing such a good job of promoting their country!

And once again we see the truly impartial moderator. Amazing how you never log on when Aleksey and other Russians are writing reams of rubbish isn't it, but never miss an opportunity to dig your heels in when I post something? I'll give you the benifit of the doubt and assume you deal with their posts over PM.

Last edited by RobH; November 20th, 2010 at 06:26 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:43 PM   #548
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby3 View Post

You can say what you will about the English acting like idiots a generation ago, but stuff like that banner would not fly there today. That was in Russia THIS YEAR.
That was in England THIS YEAR.

I repeat again - I'm not generalize these ugly events on all Britain. But you did it.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 20th, 2010 at 07:00 PM.
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:47 PM   #549
Steel City Suburb

Likes (Received): 230

Re the student riots: Whats worse, a few broken windows or a broken society which condemns the poor and limits availability of university places to the rich?

You cannot possibly comment unless you know the facts.
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:49 PM   #550
RobH

Nobody condoned these things, claimed everything is perfect in this country, or claimed there weren't idiots in the UK. There clearly are and we are embarrassed by them.

The leader of Russia 2018, on the other hand, came out and said the banner wasn't racist! He wasn't embarrassed by it, or by the people who did it.

Furthermore, the Russian banner was inside a stadium, so is directly related to the world cup bid and is the direct responsibility of the Russian FA. Student riots and a protest by Liverpool fans away from the stadium are not under the control of our FA, on the other hand and therefore have very little to do with the English world cup bid.

I said several times in this forum had the banner led to a comprehensive "Kick it out" campaign of the sort we have in England, it wouldn've boosted Russia's world cup bid. I also said I hoped that would happen. A few morons shouldn't derail national hopes. It'd be grossly unfair.

But the reaction from the authorities was to deny the obvious implications of the banner and go on the offensive. A massive PR own goal in other words.

Last edited by RobH; November 20th, 2010 at 07:02 PM.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:51 PM   #551
WFInsider
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4447

Thanks to RobH, Russian thread was locked. So I'll post here:

STADIUM OVERVIEW BROCHURE (though it was made before VTB Arena, Gazprom Arena revealed its last design)

http://issuu.com/readytoinspire/docs...owFlipBtn=true

WFInsider no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:58 PM   #552
RobH

Excellent work, thanks WFInsider. I like how the St Petersburg stadium is full of England flags
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:10 PM   #553
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Nobody condoned these things, claimed everything is perfect in this country, or claimed there weren't idiots in the UK. There clearly are and we are embarrassed by them.

The leader of Russia 2018, on the other hand, came out and said the banner wasn't racist! He wasn't embarrassed by it, or by the people who did it.
Yes, banana now is symbol of racism! I will never eat the bananas!

Really, I see only 40 people near the banner. 40 people at the 28.000 stadium!

Quote:
Furthermore, the Russian banner was inside a stadium, so is directly related to the world cup bid and is the direct responsibility of the Russian FA. Student riots and a protest by Liverpool fans away from the stadium are not under the control of our FA, on the other hand and therefore have very little to do with the English world cup bid.
I agree that this is omission of Police guards! Now they ban any "suspicious" banners.

Quote:
I said several times in this forum had the banner led to a comprehensive "Kick it out" campaign of the sort we have in England, it wouldn've boosted Russia's world cup bid. I also said I hoped that would happen. A few morons shouldn't derail national hopes. It'd be grossly unfair.

But the reaction from the authorities was to deny the obvious implications of the banner and go on the offensive. A massive PR own goal in other words.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:17 PM   #554
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Excellent work, thanks WFInsider. I like how the St Petersburg stadium is full of England flags
English flags? Where do you see it?
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:22 PM   #555
RobH

Quote:
Yes, banana now is symbol of racism! I will never eat the bananas!
Act naive if you want, it only makes you look stupid.

Quote:
Really, I see only 40 people near the banner. 40 people at the 28.000 stadium!
Exactly!! Had the Russian FA come out, said it was unacceptable, and said they'd deal with it, it would have gnoe away as a news story quite quickly, because it was only a few dozen people. They didn't do this however, they made the situation worse by denying it was a problem. This whole situation has been grossly execcerbated by the bad decisions of the Russian FA and the words of Sorokin. They have allowed a minority to get their point across much better than they would have done otherwise.

I've gone over this 1000 times with you but you're still acting dumb. Trouble is, I'm not even sure it's an act anymore.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:23 PM   #556
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9719

Quote:
St Petersburg stadium is full of England flags
Nope, there are Georgian flags !!!!

parcdesprinces no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:27 PM   #557
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Act naive if you want, it only makes you look stupid.
I find this silly criticism of a player for his bad game in the last matches.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:35 PM   #558
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
I don't pretend to know a lot about modern Russia, but if the Russians on this forum are at all reflective of it, it's not somewhere I'd like to go. I have a lot less sympathy for a Russian world cup than I did a year ago after having read the contributions of various Russians to this forum. So congrats to all of them for doing such a good job of promoting their country!
Quote:
I've gone over this 1000 times with you but you're still acting dumb. Trouble is, I'm not even sure it's an act anymore.
Listen, guy, I have the same opinion about the British fans! In this forum, I haven't read so many insults in a single thread from any nation - neither from Italians nor from Frenchmen nor from Germans nor from Spaniards nor from Americans and even nor from Poles!

Indeed, I can be misinformed, I could be wrong in the dispute, but I do not allow myself to turn discussion on personal and national insults.
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:47 PM   #559
rus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Stop bananas.
It is better to watch a movie on how to support the Soviet Union, when you have on the country running Chelsea Hedhanters, West Ham ICF and other hooligans.
The film "Stadion" about the emotions Zenit fans at the games against Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Minsk and Spartak Moscow(Soviet Top League, season 1984).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-amM...layer_embedded
This is old Kirov Stadium(on this place building new Zenit Arena)
http://football.hiblogger.net/author...ms/996079.html
Movie "Our name - Zenit" about the first fans (ultras) in Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) since 1980.

Last edited by rus; November 20th, 2010 at 08:05 PM.
rus no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM   #560
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus View Post
Stop bananas.
It is better to watch a movie on how to support the Soviet Union, when you have on the country running Chelsea Hedhanters, West Ham ICF and other hooligans.
The film "Stadion" about the emotions Zenit fans at the games against Dinamo Moscow, Dinamo Minsk and Spartak Moscow(Soviet Top League, season 1984).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-amM...layer_embedded
This is old Kirov Stadium(on this place building new Zenit Arena)
http://football.hiblogger.net/author...ms/996079.html

Closed Thread