daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What European bid should be selected as host?
England 217 35.06%
Portugal & Spain 119 19.22%
Belgium & Netherlands 85 13.73%
Russia 198 31.99%
Voters: 619. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old November 20th, 2010, 08:20 PM   #561
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

I think you forgot this:

(especially from 2:15)..And I love this song ! (Стадион моей мечты-Stadium of my dream)
parcdesprinces no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:51 PM   #562
matthemod

Likes (Received): 95

God this forum is depressing.

My MiniCity!
matthemod no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:13 PM   #563
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7064

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
I think you forgot this:

(especially from 2:15)..And I love this song ! (Стадион моей мечты-Stadium of my dream)
Yes. By the way, it was Moscow 1980 where first time in the Olympic history were performed show programmes at the opening and closing ceremony, not only official parade of athletes.

But I more like it (esecially from 1:40) - Goodbye, Misha!
AlekseyVT no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 10:37 PM   #564
TheoG

Likes (Received): 1

Is it actually possible for one of AlekseyVT, rus, coth or WFInsider to have a normal, sophisticated, mature, un-nationalist conversation? You blame RobH for getting the Russia thread closed, yet you don't give him a chance to say anything worth reading, because he's always having to respond to your idiotic, narrow-minded, hypocritical, nationalist comments about hooliganism, propaganda and racism. As said, this forum is depressing, fact of life. Sure, you're allowed to discuss the respective bids, but flaming and slandering other people simply due to their nationality and mindlessly insulting other countries because they're competing against you is just wrong. I'll say the same to MysteryMike. I've been to Russia myself, I went to St Petersburg for a week, it's a lovely place, the people are great, very friendly, the buildings are beautiful, and the atmosphere of the place is elegant and sophisticated. Shame that my experience of Russians on this forum differs greatly from this. I'm sure a country of god knows how many million should be allowed to have one redeeming member on here, but my hopes of finding one are rapidly deteriorating day by day.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #565
antriksh_sfo
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

ENGLAND BID SUFFERS DUE TO UNYIELDING CLASH WITH SPORTING EVENTS

Shadow over World Cup bids

GENEVA: England and Australia's bids to host football's World Cup in 2018 and 2022 may suffer from clashes with local sports events, including tennis at Wimbledon and Australian rugby league, FIFA indicated.

“It is a FIFA requirement that no other major sporting event is hosted in a Host City during the period and the fact that the Wimbledon tennis championships take place in London during late June/early July could have an impact on the public attention given to the FIFA World Cup,” the evaluation report said.

FIFA's evaluation of Australia signalled a clash with the National Rugby League season and Australian rules football from March to September, affecting both public attention and available resources, as well as a potential third impact.

Future dates for football's month-long showpiece event have not been set but they have typically straddled June into July when it has been hosted by European countries. — AFP

Last edited by antriksh_sfo; November 20th, 2010 at 11:32 PM.
antriksh_sfo no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #566
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheoG View Post
Is it actually possible for one of AlekseyVT, rus, coth or WFInsider to have a normal, sophisticated, mature, un-nationalist conversation? You blame RobH for getting the Russia thread closed, yet you don't give him a chance to say anything worth reading, because he's always having to respond to your idiotic, narrow-minded, hypocritical, nationalist comments about hooliganism, propaganda and racism. As said, this forum is depressing, fact of life. Sure, you're allowed to discuss the respective bids, but flaming and slandering other people simply due to their nationality and mindlessly insulting other countries because they're competing against you is just wrong. I'll say the same to MysteryMike. I've been to Russia myself, I went to St Petersburg for a week, it's a lovely place, the people are great, very friendly, the buildings are beautiful, and the atmosphere of the place is elegant and sophisticated. Shame that my experience of Russians on this forum differs greatly from this. I'm sure a country of god knows how many million should be allowed to have one redeeming member on here, but my hopes of finding one are rapidly deteriorating day by day.
As I wrote, I was been in the UK and found it a good place (although, being Muscovite, I feel himself extremely boring at all sites except London and Edinburgh).

Like I said, I have own opinion about the British mass-media (I read it almost every day) or hooliganism (you can't say that you are proud of own country after the student protests or the actions of the Liverpool's fans).

However, criticizing the some negative aspects of English life, I never allowed myself to insult the person or nation. If you disagree, then try to find the posts where I insulted you personally, in spite of all British posts like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Trebus View Post
i think he (RobH) was sleeping with your mum
If you consider themselves a civilized people, then try at least to correspond this image. Even the political disputes with Brits and Yankees on Guardian's forum are much more correctly.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 20th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:30 PM   #567
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post
Shadow over World Cup bids

GENEVA: England and Australia's bids to host football's World Cup in 2018 and 2022 may suffer from clashes with local sports events, including tennis at Wimbledon and Australian rugby league, FIFA indicated.

“It is a FIFA requirement that no other major sporting event is hosted in a Host City during the period and the fact that the Wimbledon tennis championships take place in London during late June/early July could have an impact on the public attention given to the FIFA World Cup,” the evaluation report said.

FIFA's evaluation of Australia signalled a clash with the National Rugby League season and Australian rules football from March to September, affecting both public attention and available resources, as well as a potential third impact.

Future dates for football's month-long showpiece event have not been set but they have typically straddled June into July when it has been hosted by European countries. — AFP
The dates of these sportive events were determined long time ago. So I find it very strange that this problem was been discovered only now.
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:34 PM   #568
Gondolier

Likes (Received): 0

Australia and the UK's bids are doomed to fail.

It's going to be Russia 2018 and USA 2022! That is being decided at the NATO meet in Lisbon this week!!
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #569
dacrio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gondolier View Post
Australia and the UK's bids are doomed to fail.

It's going to be Russia 2018 and USA 2022! That is being decided at the NATO meet in Lisbon this week!!

your opinion should not be discarded
dacrio no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:59 PM   #570
Mr.Underground
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

I think England 2018 and Australia 2022, but I hope Russia 2018 and Qatar 2022.
Mr.Underground no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:00 AM   #571
Gondolier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
Yes. By the way, it was Moscow 1980 where first time in the Olympic history were performed show programmes at the opening and closing ceremony, not only official parade of athletes.
Baloney, Aleksey. Artistic programmes in BOTH Opening and CLosing ceremonies have been performed since Berlin 1936 (at least insofar as complete visual records). And even as late as Montreal 1976, they had the artistic portions in BOTH O and C!! So Moscow 1980 is NO exception. The only thing Moscow 1980 can boast of is that it had the most WHITE (Olympic flags) for like 2 dozen nations!!
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:28 AM   #572
TheoG

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlekseyVT View Post
As I wrote, I was been in the UK and found it a good place (although, being Muscovite, I feel himself extremely boring at all sites except London and Edinburgh).

Like I said, I have own opinion about the British mass-media (I read it almost every day) or hooliganism (you can't say that you are proud of own country after the student protests or the actions of the Liverpool's fans).

However, criticizing the some negative aspects of English life, I never allowed myself to insult the person or nation. If you disagree, then try to find the posts where I insulted you personally, in spite of all British posts like this:

If you consider themselves a civilized people, then try at least to correspond this image. Even the political disputes with Brits and Yankees on Guardian's forum are much more correctly.
Yes, I have to say, I am not a massive supporter of the English media, only the BBC, the Times and the Guardian seem to be making any sense. I have a massive hate against ITV due to the Simon Cowell factor, and I hate the way that tabloid newspapers have the freedom to make up sh*t about our country and about others just so that they can get extra readers, so, yes, I am skeptical about British society in some ways. I also believe that the student riots were something to be ashamed of, and that bad policing was to blame, and that we should have been more prepared in that sense, same about the West Ham - Millwall game a year or so. However, I believe that, in general, certainly in football, we've gone a massive way
to nigh on completely cut hooliganism from football in the last 20-25 years, and we should be acknowledged for that.

I also agree with you in saying that the actions of some Brits on here is, well, questionable at the least. I'm fairly sure RobH is doing his best to try and calm the whole situation, but there are others who, although probably joking, step over the line a bit.

However, a lot of the action of you and your fellow Russians on this thread, the other 2018/2022 thread, the England thread and the Russia thread has been deeply nationalist and completely out of order, as well as being quite dim. For example, when you were posting YouTube videos of 'English Hooliganism' on our bid thread, I'm sure that was an insult to us. Blaming RobH, IMO perfectly innocent on this occasion, for closed threads, which were closed because you and your compatriots were waffling on about western propaganda, and accusing him of trolling, without acknowledging that the behaviour of the other Russians on the thread was far worse. I'm sure I could dig up a ton more braindead nationalist comments you and your friends have made, but, to be brutally honest, I CBA at the moment.
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:31 AM   #573
Gondolier

Quote:
Yes, I have to say, I am not a massive supporter of the English media, only the BBC, the Times and the Guardian seem to be making any sense. I have a massive hate against ITV due to the Simon Cowell factor, and I hate the way that tabloid newspapers have the freedom to make up sh*t about our country and about others just so that they can get extra readers, so, yes, I am skeptical about British society in some ways. I also believe that the student riots were something to be ashamed of, and that bad policing was to blame, and that we should have been more prepared in that sense, same about the West Ham - Millwall game a year or so. However, I believe that, in general, certainly in football, we've gone a massive way
to nigh on completely cut hooliganism from football in the last 20-25 years, and we should be acknowledged for that.

I also agree with you in saying that the actions of some Brits on here is, well, questionable at the least. I'm fairly sure RobH is doing his best to try and calm the whole situation, but there are others who, although probably joking, step over the line a bit.

However, a lot of the action of you and your fellow Russians on this thread, the other 2018/2022 thread, the England thread and the Russia thread has been deeply nationalist and completely out of order, as well as being quite dim. For example, when you were posting YouTube videos of 'English Hooliganism' on our bid thread, I'm sure that was an insult to us. Blaming RobH, IMO perfectly innocent on this occasion, for closed threads, which were closed because you and your compatriots were waffling on about western propaganda, and accusing him of trolling, without acknowledging that the behaviour of the other Russians on the thread was far worse. I'm sure I could dig up a ton more braindead nationalist comments you and your friends have made, but, to be brutally honest, I CBA at the moment.
These things are going to happen in open fora such as these. For these things NOT to happen, there shouldn't be an open fora...and TIRADES should just all be shot by email!!
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:33 AM   #574
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antriksh_sfo View Post
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...nnabis-16.html

Britain tops European league for abuse as 'half our children try cannabis by 16'
By Matthew Hickley
Last updated at 1:24 AM on 19th February 2009
Comments (16) Add to My Stories Cocaine costs less than a pint in some areas (posed by model)
Almost half of schoolchildren have smoked cannabis by 16 - the highest proportion of any European country, a UN report has revealed.
Forty-four per cent of Britons aged 15 to 16 admit experimenting with the drug, compared with fewer than 10 per cent in Greece, Sweden and Norway.
Embarrassingly for the Government, the UN report reveals that the proportion has risen since 2003 when a survey was conducted shortly before Labour relaxed the law on cannabis.
It was downgraded from class B to class C, meaning few users faced arrest if caught with it.
Yesterday the head of the UN's main international drugs agency condemned the policy - which was reversed by ministers last month.
Professor Hamid Ghodse, president of the International Narcotics Control Board (INCB), said softer laws on cannabis had 'given the wrong message to young people in the UK and around the world'.
The Government bowed to pressure to toughen the law amid growing evidence of the link between mental illness and cannabis.
But the UN report shows that the five years during which the law was relaxed coincided with a sharp rise in the number of teenagers experimenting with cannabis.
In 2003, 38 per cent of 15 to 16-year-olds in Britain had tried it.
Other states with levels over 30 per cent are France, Spain, Ireland and the Czech Republic.
Cannabis is 'the most widely abused drug in Europe', according to the INCB's annual report, with around 71million users of 15 to 64. The Home Office British Crime Survey shows 7.4 per cent of adults in Britain admit using cannabis within the past 12 months, equivalent to 2.4million people.
The proportion of schoolchildren who admitted using the drug within the last 12 months fell slightly from 13.4 per cent in 2001 to 9.4 per cent in 2007.
However the number of under-16s being hospitalised due to drug abuse has leapt by almost 50 per cent since Labour took office.
Get a life troll, I suggest you have a long hard look at yourself and your racist attitudes, just because your country put on an absolutely garbage event doesn't mean that you can have a go at other nations who will put on fantastic events without any problems what so ever. Move on, get on with it. Tough luck for you, really.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:38 AM   #575
TheoG

He's like that, get used to it.
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:11 AM   #576
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Baloney, Aleksey. Artistic programmes in BOTH Opening and CLosing ceremonies have been performed since Berlin 1936 (at least insofar as complete visual records). And even as late as Montreal 1976, they had the artistic portions in BOTH O and C!! So Moscow 1980 is NO exception.
It's a bit offtopic, but I'll answer.

I don't mean the formal part of the ceremonies (hymns, the parade of nations, the lighting of the Olympic torch, the oath of athletes and judges, speeches of officials, etc.), but the part of show, which is based on national traditions of hosting states (national dances, historic motives). It was firstly performed in Moscow, not in Berlin and Montreal.

Berlin 1936:

Montreal 1976:

FOR COMPARISON:

Moscow 1980:

Sydney 2000:

Athens 2004:

Thus, after Moscow, this "national" part has become an inherent part of the ceremony.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 21st, 2010 at 01:19 AM.
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:26 AM   #577
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
The only thing Moscow 1980 can boast of is that it had the most WHITE (Olympic flags) for like 2 dozen nations!!
Yes, I heard about it. Americans, Brits and other "peace-loving" Western states have protested against Soviet aggression in Afghanistan. How it sweet!

I hope you understand that now it sounds more than ridiculous. Interestingly, someone from those peace-loving nations thinking about boycotting the London Olympics Games in 2012?
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:55 AM   #578
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Time for Aleksey banstick
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:57 AM   #579
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
For example, when you were posting YouTube videos of 'English Hooliganism' on our bid thread, I'm sure that was an insult to us.
Insult from someone? From me or from your compatriots? I'm absolutely sured that If such things were happened in Moscow, all Brits will post it and blame Russia as "barbaric state". Moreover, when a small riots were occurred in the last weekend after early Zenit's victory in the championship 2010, few English forumers (like British mass-media) have placed it here with the inscription "Welcome to Russia!"

Quote:
Blaming RobH, IMO perfectly innocent on this occasion, for closed threads, which were closed because you and your compatriots were waffling on about western propaganda, and accusing him of trolling, without acknowledging that the behaviour of the other Russians on the thread was far worse. I'm sure I could dig up a ton more braindead nationalist comments you and your friends have made, but, to be brutally honest, I CBA at the moment.
I blame Robbie because after my post, he wrote in English thread that "All Russians are f*** s***" and intentionally loaded on a Russian thread somewhat derogatory images that (unlike the YouTube video from London) has nothing to do with reality. He has insulted the entire country! Moreover, previously he used words "F*** YOU" for other forumers.
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:02 AM   #580
AlekseyVT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Time for Aleksey banstick
What reason? For criticism of the boycotts of the Olympic Games and the double standards of the Western politicians? By the way, Carl Lewis (who also was banned in 1980) said similar words in the interview for "Sport-express".

Soviet government did everything possible to attract pro-U.S. states in participation in the Olympic Games. So you should say "thanks" to your politicians, who have banned your athletes from Moscow Olympics or forced them to walk with Olympic flags. And Russian fans should to say the similar words to the ex-Soviet politicians who have found even more stupid reason for the boycott in 1984.

Last edited by AlekseyVT; November 21st, 2010 at 02:15 AM.

Closed Thread