daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

View Poll Results: What European bid should be selected as host?
England 217 35.06%
Portugal & Spain 119 19.22%
Belgium & Netherlands 85 13.73%
Russia 198 31.99%
Voters: 619. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old October 9th, 2009, 03:01 AM   #161
Rekarte

Likes (Received): 27608

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Is the same as:

Guatemala: Guatemala City
Honduras: Tegucigalpa, San Pedro Sula
El Salvador: San Salvador
Costa Rica: San Jose
Trinidad & Tobago: Port Spain
Jamaica: Kingston

Go Reggae Country!

Sponsored Links
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:30 AM   #162
poxuy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Russia 2018/2022

http://www.russia2018-2022.com/

NORTHERN CLUSTER
Kaliningrad

St. Petersburg

CENTRAL CLUSTER
Moscow

Podolsk

VOLGA CLUSTER
Kazan

Nizhny Novgorod

Yaroslavl

Samara

Volgograd

Saransk

SOUTHERN CLUSTER
Krasnodar

Rostov-on-Don

Sochi

EAST OF URAL
Ekaterinburg

Last edited by poxuy; October 9th, 2009 at 02:03 PM.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #163
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5793

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post

What?????? jaja (LOL), let's see. Man!!!, you're brazilian right yeah of course, look, I don't know exactly why you're talking that Europe and South America deserve a WC each 12 or 16 years (i don't remember ur comment), if u say it because of football level there, you're a little wrong, Europe ok, I agree, but South America, come on man, teams from the North are better than some of southamerican, african and asian countries.

If you talk about the number of countries...Asia has more than another continent, then Africa and Europe.

Now, talking about economy...Colombiaaaaa??, Colombia wasn't able in order to host the WC in 86, Mexico was the solution, I think the really able countries now in South America are Brazil, Chile and Argentina and I got my doubts about them, maybe Venezuela but no. In North America obviously, United States, Mexico and Canada, (by the way, I don't know what's the true reason cuz of Mexico decline the host of WC), is complicated that Central America or Caribbean can host a WC.

I vote for United States!!

Yes, Mexico is so perfect and better than South American Countries!! That´s why they want to play Copa Libertadores!! And If Mexico, no doubt, is more capable to host, why withdraw the competition?? You should visit more south american countries to learn about they capacity.
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 05:30 PM   #164
Ecological
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

One thing English football fans can be proud off though. If they dont get the chance to see the tourament in thier home country. They will make sure thier national team feel like they are playing at home wherever the world cup may take place. Thats something alot of nations dont have the luxury of having.

Take nothing for granted but depending on history of the event I think it's a two horse race between Russia and England.
Ecological no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #165
Bogus Law

Likes (Received): 1

@ Russian bid: after first glance at the map I'd rather add Volgograd to the southern cluster - it's much closer to Rostov-na-Donu and Sochi than Samara and Yaroslavl.
It's an interesting bid but still England's an absolute favourite for me
Bogus Law no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #166
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogus Law View Post
@ Russian bid: after first glance at the map I'd rather add Volgograd to the southern cluster - it's much closer to Rostov-na-Donu and Sochi than Samara and Yaroslavl.
It's an interesting bid but still England's an absolute favourite for me
It's not in South Cluster, because it's Volgograd, on river Volga and in its cluster . I have some feeling that except other opportunities to travel between cities, our Committee is preparing water excursions on Volga between matches for fans , nature is very beautiful there.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #167
Vicman
La capital rielera

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
Yes, Mexico is so perfect and better than South American Countries!! That´s why they want to play Copa Libertadores!! And If Mexico, no doubt, is more capable to host, why withdraw the competition?? You should visit more south american countries to learn about they capacity.

What a sarcasm man!!!!

I don't know why the hell but Mexico is the first who wants to organize a WC, politics are stronger, maybe FIFA doesn't want that Mexico organize it, we have 2 tournaments and FIFA knows that Mexico is so capable to do it for third time, we have population, we have a lot of stadiums, we can create more infrastructure. You know Mexico wants too a Copa America and what happens? CONMEBOL doesn't give us the host why?? I don't know why but Copa America should join CONMEBOL and CONCACAF and make a REAL COPA AMERICA, not only as invited countries.

And I dont' know why your comment??? "LEARN ABOUT THE CAPACITY"????, about which country??? or which stadium?? or what???..Mexico city, Guadalajara, Monterrey, Puebla, Querétaro, Torreon, Morelia has a good capacity stadiums.

By the way Mexico doesn't want to play Copa Libertadores, we play it!!, what we want to play again is Copa Sudamericana which CONCACAF and CONMEBOL take off us.

From capital mix, cradle of the nation! ::: DESDE LA CAPITAL DEL MESTIZAJE, CUNA DE LA NACIÓN!
Vicman está en línea ahora  
Old October 9th, 2009, 09:44 PM   #168
JimB

Likes (Received): 4813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecological View Post
One thing English football fans can be proud off though. If they dont get the chance to see the tourament in thier home country. They will make sure thier national team feel like they are playing at home wherever the world cup may take place. Thats something alot of nations dont have the luxury of having.

Take nothing for granted but depending on history of the event I think it's a two horse race between Russia and England.
I don't think it is at all.

Plenty of votes to be won and lost between now and December 2010. England may be the early favourites. But recent FIFA and IOC bidding votes have have thrown up a number of surprises.

All four European bids will very much be in the running.
JimB no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM   #169
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Unlike proposed clusters for a USA World Cup, which has an equal number of cities per cluster, which would allow two groups per cluster, the Russian proposal has an uneven number per cluster. How will they assign groups to each of the clusters to assure that all of the cities host a decent number of matches, while also keeping any team from having to leave their cluster?
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old October 9th, 2009, 11:47 PM   #170
Bogus Law

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by poxuy View Post
It's not in South Cluster, because it's Volgograd, on river Volga and in its cluster .
Yes, obviously I understand that the name Volgograd derives from the river. But still I find it quite an artificial solution to assign a city to a particular cluster by its name rather than by geografical proximity.
Unless water transport is better developed in Russia than roads and railways and travelling by boat along the Volga river would be faster and more comfortable than by car or train. In this case it would make more sense.
Bogus Law no está en línea  
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:14 AM   #171
lemog

Likes (Received): 644

It will be interesting to have the exclave of Kaliningrad on the World Cup. It would be great to see it in Vladivostok, but it won't ever happen.
lemog no está en línea  
Old October 10th, 2009, 12:35 AM   #172
SuCumaethor

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemog View Post
It will be interesting to have the exclave of Kaliningrad on the World Cup. It would be great to see it in Vladivostok, but it won't ever happen.

Yea . And Novosibirsk too. It would be nice to develop east Russia.
SuCumaethor no está en línea  
Old October 10th, 2009, 07:44 AM   #173
TEBC

Likes (Received): 5793

Why the hell they merged 2018 and 2022 threads?!?!?!!?!?!?!
TEBC no está en línea  
Old October 10th, 2009, 08:28 AM   #174
ryebreadraz

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEBC View Post
Why the hell they merged 2018 and 2022 threads?!?!?!!?!?!?!
Because both 2018 and 2022 will be awarded at the same time and only Qatar and South Korea are bidding on just one. Just because you assume 2018 will go to Europe doesn't mean much and considering the bid process will be the same for both, it makes no sense to have separate threads. If the bids won't differentiate, why should we?
ryebreadraz no está en línea  
Old October 10th, 2009, 10:45 PM   #175
poxuy
BANNED

poxuy no está en línea  
Old October 11th, 2009, 12:10 AM   #176
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

The bids will have an Expo in Cape Town in December this year, during the Final Draw week of events.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2009, 08:52 AM   #177
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 844

For a FIFA World Cup in Russia, these five cities already have the required stadiums built: Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazan, Nizhniy Novgorod, and Sochi (the last four are actually proposed or under construction). Several other cities will have to come up with their own plans for new football stadia. Those cities are Podolsk, Kalingrad, Yaroslavl, Somara, Volgograd, Saransk, Krasnodar, Rostov-na-Donu, and Yekaterinburg. Russia may be the largest country in area, but it is seriously lacking in the football stadium department.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea  
Old October 14th, 2009, 01:24 PM   #178
ormey

the uk 15 cities that are applying to be host cities only nottingham and bristol dont have a stdium built in mind for the wc other cities stadiums would just need upgrading .
ormey no está en línea  
Old October 15th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #179
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
FIFA head Blatter praises Russia's World Cup bid

MOSCOW, October 15 (RIA Novosti) - Russia's bid to stage the World Cup has won the "whole-hearted" support of FIFA President Sepp Blatter.

Speaking at a meeting with Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin in Moscow, Blatter said Russia had a "very good chance" of winning the right to stage the world's most popular sporting event.

"I believe that the World Cup should leave a legacy, and this idea is coming to life here in Russia. That is why I feel a whole-hearted affinity for the Russian bid," Blatter said.

Russia's bid, which was officially launched last Friday, has the full support of the government, with a high-level steering committee established under First Deputy Prime Minister Igor Shuvalov.

"The very fact of carrying out such major event would, without any doubt, give a boost to the development of football in the post-Soviet space and in Eastern Europe," Putin said.

While Russia is officially bidding for either the 2018 or 2022 tournament, FIFA's continent rotation policy means that Europe is likely to host the event four years after Brazil in 2014.

Russia has seven competitors to host the 2018 World Cup, including England, Australia and joint bids from Belgium and the Netherlands and Spain and Portugal. A decision on the hosts for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments will be made in December 2010.
http://en.rian.ru/sports/20091015/156478014.html

Quote:
Prime Minister Vladimir Putin met with FIFA President Joseph Blatter

Transcript of the start of the meeting:

Vladimir Putin: Mr Blatter, dear friend, I am very glad to see you in Moscow. In Moscow and Russia, your work in the post of FIFA president is very well known.

I have to say that the popularity of football is growing in Russia. I cannot, however, say that our team is doing all of what the country's fans expect of it, but the development of football is generally on the upswing all the same.

In general, we have a good national team with good potential. What is more important is that we have a program for the development of football to the year 2015. Corresponding federal funds have been allocated and the regions are also allocating funds. Before the end of this year, we plan to build 600 new pitches, including indoor pitches.

You, of course, know that we have decided to officially submit our application to host the World Cup in 2018. We wanted to inform you about this today. A week ago, on October 9, I signed an executive order in order to make this process more official.

Joseph Blatter (as translated): Let me first wish you a happy birthday. Once again, happy birthday!

Mr President, I am very glad about our meeting today; it's a great honour for me. I am really glad that you greet me as a friend and let me do the same. We have been acquainted for several years in various capacities. I want to tell you that as before, you remain "Mr President" to me and so accordingly I have addressed you as such.

You said that I am well-known in Russia. Let me answer that by saying that you are well-known around the world. In any case, in every country I visit. Everywhere in the football world, people talk about Russia and about you.

I must say that in Russia there really is a lot being done for the development of football and we value this. Evidence of this is the fact that the president of the Russian Football Union is now a Russian government official. And this did not give us pause. As they say, success goes hand-in-hand with success.

As for the national team - I think that the Russian team will still make it to South Africa. But if it doesn't happen on the first try in the first round, there's always the second try in the second round. There are two more games ahead. And with such a team and the whole nation behind them, I am confident that you will succeed.

Vladimir Putin: I hope so.

Joseph Blatter: Of course, I would like to be able to say that I also hope se, but there is the principle of neutrality, which I must observe.

Mr Prime Minister, let me take this opportunity to express gratitude for the Russian government and the Russian Football Union deciding to officially submit an application to host the World Cup in 2018. Regardless of what anyone says about, say, the Olympic Games, this is the world's main event, the foremost event, Event Number One. Football is football.

Today, over the course of the day, I had the opportunity to familiarise myself with the progress of Russia's preparations to host the World Cup. And let me take this opportunity to explain my football philosophy. I think that the world football championship, the World Cup within the framework of FIFA must leave a legacy. And just such a concept is being realised here in Russia. So the Russian application gives rise to my most earnest sympathy.

Mr Prime Minister, I am very glad that preparations for the World Cup are now being done on a regional level and are proportionally distributed across all of Russia. You mentioned this yourself and also noted that football isn't just a game. Indeed, many other things relate to it, such as all of the logistical support - the streets, railroads and all infrastructure. Not only just the stadiums. Consequently, all of this, of course, will remain in Russia and will be of use to its people.

I would also like to mention the great socio-cultural significance of football and it popularity among youth. Football is really a game that motivates the entire world. And it seems to me that this particularly pronounced in Russia.

It should be recognized that things aren't going so well in the world, although the economic crisis has relented a little bit. But in order to overcome it, we, of course, need positive emotions and hopes. This is exactly what football could give.

And on a more personal note - since we're talking about the crisis, let me congratulate you with signing the major agreement with China yesterday.

I would also like to mention the commonality in life philosophy that you and I share. Like you, I am very attached to my mother and I wear her locket. And when I once asked you whether you would like to be rich, you said, "I am already rich, I have a rich emotional life and rich feelings."

Getting back to football - of course, it's great that Russia has such a large construction programme for football. This is not only football pitches, but roofed stadiums. Of course, it is very good that youth is lure off the streets and into sport facilities where come to know a game based on respect and discipline. It may be said that football is the school of life. A person who plays football may not become the best footballer, but he will become a better person.

Mr Prime Minister, could you ask the question that the media also asks - "What are Russia's chances to become the host country for the 2018 World Cup?" I can say that Russia, first of all, is in the race. However, I can say that Russia is a second-tier country and other countries submitted their applications much earlier. However, those documents which I was able to review command respect. I think that if you continue with the same verve and the same attitude, then your chances are good.

And let me also add the following. Regardless of the Russian national team's results are, and accordingly those of the Russian Football Union, let me, now in my official capacity, as well as personally, invite you to the World Cup opening ceremony in Johannesburg on June 9 of next year. I hope that you will be able to accept my invitation.

Vladimir Putin: Thank you very much. Thank you, Mr President for your invitation and your comments.

As for our application, we indeed attach great importance to it, primarily from the point of view of the development of mass sport. We have four locations, four cities where practically, if not everything is ready, then we, independent of the World Cup, will prepare these sites. These are Moscow, St. Petersburg, Kazak and Sochi.

Kazan will host the World Student Games in 2012, and then in Sochi, as you know, there will be the Olympic Games and a facility there will also be ready. Renovation and practically new construction is in progress in St. Petersburg, and in Moscow as well. And we're planning another 10 facilities in 10 cities.

I surmise that the very fact of holding such a major event will certainly be a shot in the arm for the development of football in all of Eastern Europe, in any case, in the former Soviet Union.

Joseph Blatter: You've got me thinking. My philosophy is to bring football to those countries and regions where we haven't been before. Accordingly, we are in Africa now.

Vladimir Putin: I know which button to "press" in conversation with you. Because, thanks to your efforts, football has moved beyond South America and Europe. Now the World Cup will be held in Africa. And it is rather effectively developing in North America and Asia as well.

So for us, this movement is in the same direction, because it involves actually creating new infrastructure. Certainly, there will be a push to develop football in particular and mass sport in general. Of course, this is what you said at the start of our conversation - infrastructure, transport, accommodations, telecommunications systems, utilities, energy supply. And all of this is connected, of course, with environmentally-friendly modern technology.

In general, we are ready to be quite energetic in promoting our application. Of course, ultimately the decision rests with your colleagues, but we will try to do everything to show the advantages of our application. In any case, we will implement our programme, which, as I already said, runs until 2015.
http://premier.gov.ru/eng/events/3907.html

Last edited by poxuy; October 15th, 2009 at 09:49 PM.
poxuy no está en línea  
Old October 28th, 2009, 06:39 PM   #180
poxuy
BANNED

Quote:
On 4 December 2009, FIFA will host a media event in which the 11 bidders for the 2018 and/or 2022 FIFA World Cup will be able to present their bids to the international media at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) in South Africa. The accreditation procedure will be conducted via the FIFA Media Channel.
Teams bidding include Australia, Belgium-Netherlands, England, Indonesia, Japan, Korea Republic, Mexico, Qatar, Spain-Portugal, Russia and the USA. The event will include interview opportunities with representatives of the bidders. Media transport will be arranged from the media hotels and the CTICC.

The event is independent from the Final Draw and a separate media accreditation will be required to access the event. The accreditation procedure for this bidders media event will be conducted via the FIFA Media Channel, where a specific accreditation form will be available from 1 October to 30 October 2009.

Media representatives may register for the FIFA Media Channel at https://media.fifa.com.

The FIFA Media Channel is the primary communication channel between FIFA, the local organising committee of each FIFA competition and the media. It is a password-protected online service designed to provide media professionals with details on activities, including press conferences, team training sessions and other media resources, information on competition media facilities, including stadium media centres (SMCs), ticketing, FIFA and LOC media contacts, and any special media announcements.

Approval to access the FIFA Media Channel does not mean accreditation has been granted. The media accreditation process for any FIFA competition requires the completion of an accreditation form via the FIFA Media Channel that is specific to the event.
http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/410/147/41444.html
poxuy no está en línea  

Closed Thread