daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old June 17th, 2011, 10:51 PM   #2561
Vince
Vince

Likes (Received): 491

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8x8 View Post
Tiab's kids and George Chan's daughter still own this property.
Assembly speaker still said the public cannot investigate it .
How can George Chan's daughter make so much money to own it.
It is worth at least $250 to $300 million !

http://www.freemalaysiatoday.com/201...nked-property/

[/B].
The military base is right in the middle of it. So, the federal government is involved in this piece of land too?
Vince no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 18th, 2011, 02:03 AM   #2562
bonjorno

Likes (Received): 1

hmm..hye everyone..im a frequent reader of this forum eventhough i didnt really contribute to it as im in Japan right now..i Really miss my Hometown..and I really appreciate the updates from other forumers.. But if can dont post any thing that we also dont know wheter its true or not, i mean politically rumors etc..If development rumors its ok because its good for the land price etc...

just my 2 yen...
Old June 18th, 2011, 07:44 AM   #2563
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muntz View Post
Yup. You can look at the highways/roads in KK. It looks cleaner without rubbish. Only the market area is dirty, but Satok market also like that what.
From my experience, i find Kuching's cleanliness much better than KK

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:45 AM   #2564
emzeti
::emzeti from MALAYSIA::

Likes (Received): 1

[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtd-J7H0VXiybtO_KFO2H9gXFjnSPwIba1FCO2ocCZ1pHCllA8kw[/IMG]

masih cantik lagi gambar i ambik sebelum food court ni siap (food court kpg gersik)..
ada nama tak food court ni..sorry i'm in kedah now..since completed dont have opportunity to go there la to try
Old June 18th, 2011, 02:19 PM   #2565
sandcastle

Likes (Received): 0

Great thread

Thanks for all your great comments and photos. This is a great source of information on Kuching.

Do people have suggestions for web sites to find rental condos and houses in Kuching? I have not been able to find only a tiny fraction of the online listings available for say Johor Bahru or Penang.

I think it is great how much passion people have about Kuching. In my opinion the only reason to compare to other cities is to see what might help Kuching (or any other city) be better. Every city has advantages and things to improve. And what is good in one city won't always be good in another. It is nice we have differences. I think the important thing is to focus on making your city better. Learning from what works in other cities is good. And so we should try and see what other cities do well and how we can adapt those ideas to our cities.
sandcastle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2011, 09:53 PM   #2566
8x8

Likes (Received): 20

Quote:
hmm..hye everyone..im a frequent reader of this forum eventhough i didnt really contribute to it as im in Japan right now..i Really miss my Hometown..and I really appreciate the updates from other forumers.. But if can dont post any thing that we also dont know wheter its true or not, i mean politically rumors etc..If development rumors its ok because its good for the land price etc...

just my 2 yen...
I am in the trench here running my business and dealing with government from top to bottom everyday. Are you studying or working in Japan ? If you can, come back here, start a reasonable size business and you will see if it is real or rumors.

If any one of you know the boss of any large sand suppliers or head of Land and Survey Department, they might tell you about sand/gravel supply issues for the past few months involving you-know-who.

Good News ! Abu Dhabi smelter joins crowded space for Sarawak’s energy. But I hope they don't pollute Sarawak's rivers and air. We need to demand profit stay in Sarawak and not sucks out and leaving us with dirty environment and cheap jobs. Most of the profits will be made by those on the very top who don't need to breath Sarawak air and drink Sarawak's water.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/m...rawaks-energy/

Last edited by 8x8; June 19th, 2011 at 03:45 AM.
8x8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2011, 03:42 AM   #2567
8x8

Likes (Received): 20

The special position of Sabah and Sarawak

...we should keep it that way and make Sarawak even better.

http://www.themalaysianinsider.com/o...h-and-sarawak/

Last edited by 8x8; June 19th, 2011 at 03:54 AM.
8x8 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #2568
vysstephen

Likes (Received): 3

just notice that lea center@the spring closed down already!!!!!
vysstephen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:15 AM   #2569
kiko

Likes (Received): 59

Quote:
Originally Posted by vysstephen View Post
they move to giant kota padawan wat..hehe

H&L will the the anchor tenant for kuching sentral..
kiko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:18 AM   #2570
kiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by emzeti View Post
[IMG]http://t1.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRtd-J7H0VXiybtO_KFO2H9gXFjnSPwIba1FCO2ocCZ1pHCllA8kw[/IMG]

masih cantik lagi gambar i ambik sebelum food court ni siap (food court kpg gersik)..
ada nama tak food court ni..sorry i'm in kedah now..since completed dont have opportunity to go there la to try
BGS food court..BGS ~ Boyan, Gersik & Surabaya..
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:21 AM   #2571
kiko

Kuching to be promoted as geopark city — Dawos
Posted on June 20, 2011, Monday

PADAWAN: Ministry of Tourism will apply to the United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (Unesco) for the rebranding of Kuching as a geopark city.

The ministry’s deputy minister Datuk Dr James Dawos Mamit when revealing this said upon approval, the city would be promoted as a geopark to attract more foreign tourists.

“Kuching is qualified to be recognised because there are many attractions such as the number of unique mountains available here.”

“Therefore, if it is approved, Kuching will be the second global geopark in the country after Langkawi,” he said.

Langkawi is the first in Malaysia and South East Asia recognised by Unesco in June 2007.

He said this to reporters after closing the Gawai Dayak celebration at Kampung Bra’ang Bayur, about 58 kilometres from here on Saturday night.

“Along Borneo Heights Road in Padawan here, there are many tourist spots that could be developed like mountains so that the local people can help to promote local tourism products.

“With this, they can also generate extra income if they wish to be involved part-time in the industry like bringing tourists for mountain climbing.

“I also encourage local people in my constituency to be involved in this industry which can give lucrative income as long as they are interested and committed to be successful,” Dawos, who is also Mambong MP, said.

Earlier, he officiated at the opening of a 500-metre road costing RM50,000 that leads to the village’s 18-door longhouse.

Dawos revealed that upgrading and maintenance work had begun in August to develop Kampung Panchor Dayak hot spring near Serian as a new attraction after the one at Kampung Anah Rais in Padawan.

He noted that under his constituency there were at least four hot spring spots that have become centres of attraction for local and foreign visitors.

“Another uniqueness of the area is the world’s biggest flower, Raflessia, and various species that can be found at Kampung Timurang at Jalan Borneo Height which had been identified as a destination for nature lovers.”

Also present were Padawan Municipal Council (MPP) deputy chairman Mohd Hashim Yap, village head Tora Jongsen and the villagers who later witnessed the closing of Gawai celebration at the longhouse.
Old June 20th, 2011, 04:56 AM   #2572
noxima

Likes (Received): 0

Visited Damai Central yesterday...very nice ! That place will be jammed pack duri the Rainforest Music Fefstival in July.
noxima no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:40 AM   #2573
Muntz

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW View Post
From my experience, i find Kuching's cleanliness much better than KK
I don't like to compare.. but KK has cleaner roads. As for infrastructures and commercial areas, I think both almost on par. Kuching maybe an old city, so maintaining it clean all the time is a bit more expensive that newer cities. I mean, c'mon.. KK is also old, but look at the buildings. It's very hard to see old shophouses in KK.
Muntz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:42 AM   #2574
Muntz

Quote:
the summer shopping mall latest tenats list

main tenants
Servay
Parkwell
Lotus Five Star Cinemas (LFS)
KBOX Karaoke Embassy
Bowl Crystal

others tenants
ad jeans
Boulevard IT
Dongda Mun
Fun Hut
Lazo Diamond Jewellery
Little John Burger & Coffee
Marry Brown
Secret Recipe
Station 1 Cafe
Sushi Tie
Takasima
The Body Shop
The Star Factory
Virtualand
Watsons
Delifrance
Elianto
Hot & Roll
Sox World
OSIM
Cindy
WKGallery
Wondertoys Concept Store
GIORDANO
Skin Food
The Princess Club
SCR (Singapore Chicken Rice)
Magic Bite
JOM Pharmacy
Golden Dragon City
AB Optics
Optical City
DL Concept
Formula One (Tailor)
Button Up
Boss Ice-Cream
士林台湾小吃 (ShiLin Taiwan Street Snacks)
TM Broadband Station
SOS (Shop Of Shoes)
精英SMART Bookshop
Crystal Bowl? Wow.. cool!
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:44 AM   #2575
Muntz

Quote:
It's good also. Because Lea Centre is selling exhorbitantly expensive shoes. I think the best place to buy shoes in Kuching are not at Lea Centre.. they sucks big time anyway... I think the best place is SOS at Hock Lee. They have wide array of Scholl shoes.
Old June 20th, 2011, 06:48 AM   #2576
Muntz

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
BGS food court..BGS ~ Boyan, Gersik & Surabaya..
I'm just being curious. I'm a Malay myself, but my origin is not Petra Jaya. Why the kampungs are being named after Indonesian names.. like Boyan, Gersik (in Indonesia, Gersek), Surabaya and Semarang? Were these people originated from Indonesia? Any Malays who live in that area can explain?
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #2577
kiko

Quote:
It's good also. Because Lea Centre is selling exhorbitantly expensive shoes. I think the best place to buy shoes in Kuching are not at Lea Centre.. they sucks big time anyway... I think the best place is SOS at Hock Lee. They have wide array of Scholl shoes.
i thought SOS also expensive..
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:30 AM   #2578
kiko

Quote:
I don't like to compare.. but KK has cleaner roads. As for infrastructures and commercial areas, I think both almost on par. Kuching maybe an old city, so maintaining it clean all the time is a bit more expensive that newer cities. I mean, c'mon.. KK is also old, but look at the buildings. It's very hard to see old shophouses in KK.
its very subjective of which area are u referring to..
Old June 20th, 2011, 10:33 AM   #2579
kiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by noxima View Post
Visited Damai Central yesterday...very nice ! That place will be jammed pack duri the Rainforest Music Fefstival in July.
all the outlets open oredy?
Old June 20th, 2011, 12:06 PM   #2580
vysstephen

Likes (Received): 3

what is damai central? never heard of it! can share it here?
vysstephen no está en línea   Reply With Quote