daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Photo Forums > Urban Showcase

Urban Showcase Show your selfmade photos

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 15th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #161
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

The heritage buildings are stunning ! such a shame that we don't build like that anymore - thanks for sharing mate

Chadoh25 liked this post

Sponsored Links
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #162
Chadoh25

Likes (Received): 805

Thanks bud!!!
Chadoh25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:39 AM   #163
Chadoh25

Cleveland, Ohio. Sept 30, 2012.

Old January 16th, 2013, 04:53 AM   #164
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Likes (Received): 11243

Spectacular downtown shot on your last picture of your latest update! Makes me want to swing by Cleveland just to see the buildings and history. I'd love to see even more shots of Cleveland's buildings from another vantage point (like an overview perhaps)!

San Carlos • San Bruno • San Mateo • Saint Helena • Ross
fieldsofdreams no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #165
Chadoh25

Thanks bud!
Old January 16th, 2013, 04:58 AM   #166
Chadoh25

Erie Street Cemetery

I honestly believe their is a special place in hell for those to defile the final resting place of others!

Old January 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM   #167
DWest
DBest

Likes (Received): 410

lovely, I like those bits of history I can imagine the liveliness of this place in the 19th century.
DWest no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2013, 05:26 AM   #168
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I feel really sorry to see some busts inside the cemetery vandalized and destroyed by some hooligans or those who want to provoke trouble because it seems like they do not show any respect to those who are buried in it. For me, it is like robbing the soul of a dead person, and it is extremely disgraceful and unacceptable to see. Sometimes, those people should be given a tough lesson because what they've done is not only they've defaced a person's tombstone, but also trying to steal a person's and families' memories altogether. For me, I think those tombstones should either be repaired or replaced so that those can be remembered properly by their families at least once a year.

Old January 17th, 2013, 05:42 AM   #169
Chadoh25

Old January 17th, 2013, 08:32 PM   #170
capricorn2000

Likes (Received): 33853

nice update and I can't say anything more on those lovely buildings but the Erie Street Cemetery isn't that eerie at all but definitely a very old one. as there are seemingly lots of empty spaces, did whoever-in-charge disallow entombment of new ones?
capricorn2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:00 AM   #171
Chadoh25

Quote:
Originally Posted by capricorn2000 View Post
nice update and I can't say anything more on those lovely buildings but the Erie Street Cemetery isn't that eerie at all but definitely a very old one. as there are seemingly lots of empty spaces, did whoever-in-charge disallow entombment of new ones?
Yeah, I think it's full. Of course it's hard to tell because so many of the headstones have been destroyed over the years. Sadly, it's open during game days at Jacobs Field and so you get drunk A-holes litering and damaging the headstones. I think it should be closed during game days personally!
Old January 18th, 2013, 02:35 AM   #172
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

I truly love your latest collection of downtown pics, indeed. Such building styles represent the richness of architectural designs Cleveland's structures have to offer, and I find it most fascinating that a Greek-style columned building with a dome blends in harmoniously with the more modern designs of buildings, making it a unique city to visit. Splendid shots, bud!

Chadoh25 liked this post
Old January 20th, 2013, 01:39 AM   #173
MilbertDavid

Likes (Received): 318

cool city I love it.

Chadoh25 liked this post
MilbertDavid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:53 PM   #174
Chadoh25

Playhouse Square

Euclid Avenue

openlyJane liked this post

Last edited by Chadoh25; June 7th, 2013 at 12:56 AM.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:50 PM   #175
Chadoh25

Cleveland State University. Inside Trinity Cathedral

Old January 26th, 2013, 10:30 PM   #176
Chadoh25

Cleveland State University.

Euclid Avenue

Prospect Avenue

Back to Euclid

Chester Avenue

Last edited by Chadoh25; June 7th, 2013 at 01:02 AM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 05:53 PM   #177
Chadoh25

Paine Avenue

Last edited by Chadoh25; January 27th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 06:24 PM   #178
Chadoh25

Superior Avenue

Below is the Cleveland Plain Dealer Newspaper. The Largest Newspaper in Northeast Ohio and maybe the state.

Back to CSU

Next stop University Circle

Last edited by Chadoh25; January 27th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
Old January 27th, 2013, 07:06 PM   #179
fieldsofdreams
PH + SF Super Moderator

Chad, you've impressed me with so many wonderful pictures that, what else can I say? So many spectacular images!

The cathedral at Cleveland State looks really nostalgic to me that it is, indeed, a handsomely-built church with those lovely stained glass windows, marble steps and baptismal area, and the intricate carvings of saints remind me of those found in European churches. The campus itself makes me want to walk around, with its wide streets, lots of low- and mid-rise buildings, and hidden architectural gems in its older structures. And I notice something: there are quite a lot of dorms close to campus... Like buildings are within a block or two away, making it convenient for students to get to class on time everyday while enjoying the city's attractions.

Comparing Paine Avenue versus University Avenue, my biggest discovery — and question — lies in "what are those long, thin buildings doing in an otherwise modernistic city?" On Paine Avenue, are those long, thin buildings apartments (or residential areas in general)? I suspect that those buildings are not really offices because the windows are non-descript, and that there are a few businesses close-by (but not really on the buildings). University Avenue, on the other hand, looks more of a commercial corridor in itself, similar to downtown Cleveland, with Charter One being the most splendid building of the bunch because of its modern look. Also, the Plain Dealer building looks wonderful as well: it's architectural design looks much better and more open than the largest newspaper company here in the Bay Area, the San Francisco Chronicle. And that church on University & E 17th looks pretty awesome too... It looks much simpler and more neutral than the grandiose cathedral at CSU.

Fantastic images yet again, bud! All I can tell you is job well done on Cleveland!

Old January 27th, 2013, 08:14 PM   #180
Chadoh25

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldsofdreams View Post
Chad, you've impressed me with so many wonderful pictures that, what else can I say? So many spectacular images!

The cathedral at Cleveland State looks really nostalgic to me that it is, indeed, a handsomely-built church with those lovely stained glass windows, marble steps and baptismal area, and the intricate carvings of saints remind me of those found in European churches. The campus itself makes me want to walk around, with its wide streets, lots of low- and mid-rise buildings, and hidden architectural gems in its older structures. And I notice something: there are quite a lot of dorms close to campus... Like buildings are within a block or two away, making it convenient for students to get to class on time everyday while enjoying the city's attractions.

Comparing Paine Avenue versus University Avenue, my biggest discovery — and question — lies in "what are those long, thin buildings doing in an otherwise modernistic city?" On Paine Avenue, are those long, thin buildings apartments (or residential areas in general)? I suspect that those buildings are not really offices because the windows are non-descript, and that there are a few businesses close-by (but not really on the buildings). University Avenue, on the other hand, looks more of a commercial corridor in itself, similar to downtown Cleveland, with Charter One being the most splendid building of the bunch because of its modern look. Also, the Plain Dealer building looks wonderful as well: it's architectural design looks much better and more open than the largest newspaper company here in the Bay Area, the San Francisco Chronicle. And that church on University & E 17th looks pretty awesome too... It looks much simpler and more neutral than the grandiose cathedral at CSU.

Fantastic images yet again, bud! All I can tell you is job well done on Cleveland!
Sadly yes, they are apartments. It's called Reserve Square and they are I believe some of the most attractive buildings in the city. And they are WAY over priced!