daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 12th, 2014, 04:35 AM   #261
Sister Greed U

Likes (Received): 15414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dooie_Amsterdammert View Post
No numbers yet?
too bad..
But as you mentioned, hotspots, hotspots.. So A ridership of approx. 1.5million A day is quite feasible?
On that station alone? I don't think so...
The whole Roman metro network is not as developed as to reach those numbers, I'm afraid...

Sponsored Links
Old August 12th, 2014, 06:35 AM   #262
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Likes (Received): 4640

Quote:
No numbers yet?
too bad..
But as you mentioned, hotspots, hotspots.. So A ridership of approx. 1.5million A day is quite feasible?
Well, Termini Railway Station makes a daily ridership of almost 500.000 passengers (for trains only, no subways) and it's the second busiest station of Europe after Paris Gare du Nord.

The two Roman subways intersect in Rome Termini and they together make a daily ridership of 750/800.000 passengers. Let's say that at least 3/5 of them pass through Termini daily.
So other 450/480.000 passengers in Termini.

Colosseo/Fori Imperiali with C Line finished at least until Clodio will become probably the second busiest station of the network but, in my opinion, in a much smaller scale than Termini. I think 300/350.000 passengers daily will be a probable number.

Surely, with C Line complete, the overall number of passengers will increase to reach at least the million passengers daily.

Unfortunately I couldn't find any official number, sorry.

Dooie_Amsterdammert, 437.001 liked this post
SirAce está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #263
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Likes (Received): 118

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFe10 View Post
No subway line to Fiumicino. There's a regional railways service: FL1 line. It runs about every 15 mins from Monday to Saturday and 30 mins on Sundays and non-working days. It costs 8 € and it brings to Trastevere, Ostiense, Tuscolana and Tiburtina stations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR1_(La...ional_railways)
In this page the line is called "FR" that stand for "ferrovia regionale" (regional railway), the old name of the regional services that now is changed in "FL", "ferrovia locale" (local train).

There's also a non-stop train between Fiumicino Airport and Termini station every 30 mins everyday. It is called "Leonardo Express" and it costs 15 €.
Good to know if I ever visit Rome again, thank you.
Also nice of you to give A detailed explaination of the railservice between Fiumicino and Rome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeFe10 View Post
There's no railway service to Ciampino Airport, just regional busses lines from Anagnina subway station and Ciampino railway station. You can also take a private bus like Terravision from Termini.
Also good to know, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
On that station alone? I don't think so...
The whole Roman metro network is not as developed as to reach those numbers, I'm afraid...
I meant the line as A whole, not just one station.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAce View Post
Well, Termini Railway Station makes a daily ridership of almost 500.000 passengers (for trains only, no subways) and it's the second busiest station of Europe after Paris Gare du Nord.
Oke, didn't know that

Quote:
The two Roman subways intersect in Rome Termini and they together make a daily ridership of 750/800.000 passengers. Let's say that at least 3/5 of them pass through Termini daily.
So other 450/480.000 passengers in Termini.
That's quite A few, Amsterdam Central is rather quiet in comparison.

Quote:
Colosseo/Fori Imperiali with C Line finished at least until Clodio will become probably the second busiest station of the network but, in my opinion, in a much smaller scale than Termini. I think 300/350.000 passengers daily will be a probable number.
Ofcourse it's less crowded then termini, but the number of tourists will make the station quite busy during the day.
Still busier than Amsterdam central; wikiEN (more accurate/up-to-date than Roman edition), wikiIT

Quote:
Surely, with C Line complete, the overall number of passengers will increase to reach at least the million passengers daily.
Oke, my estimate was A bit too high then.

Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't find any official number, sorry.
Doesn't matter, you have made some effort to make An informative post. That is appreciated.

SirAce liked this post

Last edited by Dooie_Amsterdammert; August 12th, 2014 at 02:10 PM. Reason: made A wrong quotation
Dooie_Amsterdammert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 06:16 PM   #264
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Surely Rome population is Hungry for Metro railways. To make it more understandable, a comparison can be more useful.

First, we should add to the counting of this limited network made by the lines A, B and half a C also the Suburban Railways RomaNord (theoretically one day should become line F) and Roma Lido (theoretically one day should become line E) both inside the borders of Rome Municipality.

All these four lines, all managed by ATAC and with similar usage standard, totalize more or less 900/950.000 passengers.

Just to make a comparison, Madrid subway system, one of the biggest in the world with its 13 lines (plus 3 of light metro) arrive to 1.700.000 passengers everyday. Less than the double of Rome with 3 times bigger length of tracks.

Madrid is just a bit bigger than Rome.

Hope Rome can continue to develop its subway system, though it's so damn difficult and expensive...
Old August 12th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #265
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Quote:
Surely Rome population is Hungry for Metro railways. To make it more understandable, a comparison can be more useful.

First, we should add to the counting of this limited network made by the lines A, B and half a C also the Suburban Railways RomaNord (theoretically one day should become line F) and Roma Lido (theoretically one day should become line E) both inside the borders of Rome Municipality.

All these four lines, all managed by ATAC and with similar usage standard, totalize more or less 900/950.000 passengers.

Just to make a comparison, Madrid subway system, one of the biggest in the world with its 13 lines (plus 3 of light metro) arrive to 1.700.000 passengers everyday. Less than the double of Rome with 3 times bigger length of tracks.

Madrid is just a bit bigger than Rome.

Hope Rome can continue to develop its subway system, though it's so damn difficult and expensive...
There's no line called 'D'?
That's A bit weird.
Do lines A & B have PSD's (PlatformScreenDoors)

Concerning the number of metrolines; 4~8 flawless planned metrolines is enough for most large metropolitan area's. (even cities London or Moscow)

Last edited by Dooie_Amsterdammert; August 12th, 2014 at 08:44 PM. Reason: cities..
Old August 12th, 2014, 08:56 PM   #266
tunnel owl

Likes (Received): 440

Quote:
D was always reserved for a future line, whereas the new plan for line D has nothing in common with the old plan from the 70s. This showed a tangential line D crossing B at Quintiliani and A at Numidio Quadratto, both stations are prepared for this line.

Back in the 30s, as first serious plans for Metro Rome occured line B should have been a link between Lido di Ostia and Viterbo rail-service and line A was something similar planned to what is now reality. That┤s the reason why line B was builtfirst, as it derives from urban-rail-service and made a quick link to the E.U.R.. Layout was changed to connect with the new Termini-railway station. Work began under Mussolini and was finished in the 50s

Dooie_Amsterdammert, SirAce liked this post
tunnel owl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2014, 09:31 PM   #267
Dooie_Amsterdammert
Loving #dutch windwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunnel owl View Post
D was always reserved for a future line, whereas the new plan for line D has nothing in common with the old plan from the 70s. ... finished in the 50s
I've read on Wikipedia, though your information is A bit more extensive than english wikipage, thank you.
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:34 AM   #268
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Quote:
That's A bit weird.
It's weird indeed. But you have to consider that both lines E and F are not totally considered subway, also because their official name is a different one and because their property is not of Municipality's but of Regional Government.
Anyway, until 2012, line D had an approved project ready to start, but mayor Alemanno decided that was too expensive to realize a new line of metro in Rome together with C, so he put down the whole procedure.

You can see the line D (the yellow one) in this nice map made by MetroxRoma committee. Here there is also the complete project of C line and the prosecution of lines A, B and B1.

Today situation is a bit more limited (much more limited) and here a schematic map.
http://www.atac.roma.it/files/doc.asp?r=4

Obviously you cannot yet find line C.

Quote:
Do lines A & B have PSD's (PlatformScreenDoors)
No. Only C has. Actually I never read any plan to install PSD's on lines A, B or Roma Nord or Roma Lido...

Last edited by SirAce; August 13th, 2014 at 09:41 AM.
Old August 13th, 2014, 09:06 PM   #269
Sunfuns

Likes (Received): 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAronymous View Post
Wow. I'm usually not very impressed by Italian/Greek/Southern European subway architecture because I think it often doesn't look modern or nice enough, but these station interiors look really nice.
Have you seen the new Naples metro stations? They might not be to everyones taste, but certainly modern and flashy.

alcatmanbg liked this post
Sunfuns no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2014, 06:07 AM   #270
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Have you seen the new Naples metro stations? They might not be to everyones taste, but certainly modern and flashy.
I agree. New Naples metro stations are between the most interesting and somehow beautiful stations all over the world. And the ones in construction now are also more interesting.
Old August 15th, 2014, 12:22 AM   #271
Sister Greed U

Wasn┤t there a commuter rail service from Rome to Focene?
Old August 15th, 2014, 06:01 AM   #272
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Quote:
Originally Posted by 437.001 View Post
Wasn┤t there a commuter rail service from Rome to Focene?
Focene never had a railway station facility.
Maybe you refer to Fiumicino cittÓ, the second big seaside roman neighborhood after Ostia Lido.

Fiumicino cittÓ station was used as last stop for the FR1 line coming from Ostiense and Tiburtina. After the last Jubilee unfortunately the station lost importance in favor of Fiumicino Airport, so it was closed down in 2002 and demolished few years later.

Since then, many projects tried to connect Fiumicino cittÓ with the rest of the rail network.

After Roma Lido and FR1 (today called FL1), there is another line, the FR5 (today called FL5) that serves the whole centre north seaside area of Rome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FR5_(La...ional_railways).

For the regional and suburban trains there is another trhead, though not much updated...
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1063971

437.001 liked this post
Old August 16th, 2014, 10:49 AM   #273
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Here is another map taken from CityRailways website that depicts Rome public transportation on railway by the end of this year (maybe first months of next one)

[IMG]http://oi58.************/28ksd9k.jpg[/IMG]

Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Old August 18th, 2014, 11:14 PM   #274
MrAronymous

Likes (Received): 6077

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunfuns View Post
Yeah they look modern now, but I can see them age very quickly. Not really my taste. These Rome stations look more timeless.
MrAronymous no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 5th, 2014, 08:40 PM   #275
SirAce
Utente. E basta

Some (bad?) news for Roman subway.

The new AS Roma team stadium will be realized in the Tor di Valle area, already served by a station of the Roma Lido train.

The mayor decided and obtained to make realize from the private company involved in the plan a new segment of B line from the station of Magliana to... Tor di Valle! Exactly beside the Roma Lido station. This last one perhaps will be already renovated by the next three years.

Actually I feel a bit disturbed by this decision, since with some more courage, the municipality could have added to this plan a further development of the B line in order to make it reach at least Muratella FL1 station (2kms on the east) and adding a midway station, Torrino nord in a very populated area.

Anyway, this was the first proposal by the mayor Marino (lower left)

and this what will be realized according to what Marino presented officially. (thanx to Mariolka)

Dooie_Amsterdammert liked this post
Old September 14th, 2014, 01:16 AM   #276
Napo
Personaggetto User

Likes (Received): 6411

Some new pics published on RomaMetropolitane website about Line C:

Pigneto Station

Malatesta Station

Teano Station

Gardenie Station

Lodi Station

Mirti Station

The new line will be in service the next October 11

SBANNATELI CAZZO
***Innominables***

437.001, dimlys1994, arctic_carlos liked this post

Last edited by Napo; September 14th, 2014 at 03:31 AM.
Napo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 03:41 AM   #277
Sister Greed U

At last!!
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:46 PM   #278
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26130

I like this line, even better than Milan Line 5

Napo liked this post
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:55 PM   #279
narkelion
Brentered

Likes (Received): 16488

Some photos, by me, to the ongoing works. Taken in the last few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by narkelion View Post
Qualche immagine dei lavori MC, oggi per caso ci sono passato su tutta la tratta Lodi-Pigneto-Malatesta-Teano...

Iniziamo con Lodi:

[IMG]http://i58.************/2remybo.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i58.************/ojiiox.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i59.************/33m4imb.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i62.************/2co6hrm.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://i60.************/v3iwhz.jpg[/IMG]
Urban Area: 100611
Metropolitan Area: 175818

2nd in Marche / 44th in Italy / n-th in European Union per popolazione
1st in Marche / 18th in Italy per qualitÓ della vita
narkelion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2014, 12:57 PM   #280