daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls

Supertalls Discussions of projects under construction between 300-599m/1,000-1,999ft tall.
» Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2012, 11:31 PM   #401
bhargavsura

Some floors are allocated to parking as well.

Sponsored Links
Old April 15th, 2012, 04:16 AM   #402
OldKool
Muaah!

Likes (Received): 1280

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadathecontrols View Post
those cities are not international standard clean.in my memory only bhubaneswar seemed in a good state .
you misunderstand that size is not an issue.Or pop density.
managing one city or 20 is the same
HK, Tokyo have v high pop density. But there in a differnt league to indian cities.
the indian propblem is not one of physical circumstance.Its both a rural AND problem in india. its one of mind set and implementation.
oh and time i guess
Mumbai (ans India) are still not as rich as Hong Kong and Tokyo, Mumbai is actually a very clean city if you remove those migrants living in the slums.
OldKool no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #403
Igor Antunov
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Eeew. Very nasty design.
Igor Antunov no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 09:04 PM   #404
dreadathecontrols
unregistered

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldKool View Post
Mumbai (ans India) are still not as rich as Hong Kong and Tokyo, Mumbai is actually a very clean city if you remove those migrants living in the slums.
cleanlynes is not about slums..
and as i said burma is poorer than india but cleaner.
humans , when together in one place , tend to produce 'dirt'
its whether its cleaned up properly that is the issue here
Old April 17th, 2012, 05:56 PM   #405
sergey220

Likes (Received): 38

supertall?
sergey220 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:44 AM   #406
sky_india

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
Don't forget the bit on the top, you'll probably find that's where the missing hight is

You can't say that the top part is 20 meters in height. That's not believeable. I can't believe they are playing such trash in the market. (though I would love to stay in this building irrespective of its height (whether 298 mtrs or 320 mtrs....lolzz) But should the government allow such publicity tricks to claim the tallest building in Mumbai ?
sky_india no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:46 AM   #407
sky_india

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
Some floors are allocated to parking as well.
So you mean to say the parking floor's height is bigger than the actual floor height (which itself is a staggering 13ft-14ft)?. Infact the parking floor's are normally reduced in height.
Old April 18th, 2012, 09:51 AM   #408
sky_india

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_india View Post
I think there is some major error corrections required in the height of the building. It allegedly 320m in height. but if you see the structural plan and reports it shows only 298m. Even if you add up the floors 67 and the height of each floor 14ft. it comes upto 938 ft. only.

This is like some fraud to become the tallest building in the town. It's a tall building but I think playing such marketing tricks is very unethical and bad.
So even if you add up each floor height of 14ft for 67 floors (which also includes the parking floors: the parking floors are not separately counted in the plan) it still comes to only 285.902 meters. which leaves 12 meters to even reach 298 meters. So their claim of 320 meters is still far far off. I think someone should bring this up to the authority or Palais Royale should correct it's advertising tricks.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:20 AM   #409
sky_india

In addition to the above, I found something more:

from what I understand is that Palais Royale is granted enough FSI to construct 298mts building. It's reduced to much much less, thanks to the DCR rules:
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/bm...towers/901397/

From the above article we can make that the 298 mtrs building may now be somewhere between 10 to 20 floors less in building. Sad but true. yes it may be argued that the High Court has quashed the notice, but it must be noted that the HC only quashed the notice in order to allow the authority to take a stronger step:

"The court held that the policy cannot be revised through a mere circular and that the state government must amend the Development Control Regulations (DCR) in order to bring about any change in the rules. State government officials confirmed that they would be issuing the amended rules soon."
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/hc...lopers/925756/

Thus, this project may probably get suspended for a long time (once again) and the FSI eventually may be reduced keeping the height of the building probably to 50 floors only.

However, i think Palais Royale may finish constructing those many floors by then, in which case I don't know if the High Court will ask to break down those many floors (which is not practically possible in my opinion) or allow Palais Royale to benefit from the same. In either case, the occupation certificate may not be issued to the residents till this matter may get decided which may easily be upto 3-5 years.
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:33 AM   #410
sky_india

btw, what is the approximate rate/price which is prevailing in this building (if one intends to buy for self-occupation, not investment)
Old April 18th, 2012, 10:39 AM   #411
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

You read that article totally wrong! They said that this tower was one of 11 towers to be given certificates to build car park levels of between 10-20 levels, and that once they are completed they would be handed over to BMC. ( which I guess is a car park company of some sort).

Also the information on the architects site says that this will be 320m.

I'm not sure where you got 14ft per floor from because the average height for the floors in this tower is 4.5m which over 67 floors is around 300m and add the thing on top, which you can see in the below picture, it will make the 320m mark. (I posted the wrong photo last time sorry)

Architects website

Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:43 PM   #412
bhargavsura

Quote:
btw, what is the approximate rate/price which is prevailing in this building (if one intends to buy for self-occupation, not investment)
I guess instead of asking the same question everytime in every thread, better contact a real estate agent and ask him about the information you need for many of the buildings in the city. He would be able to provide you or direct you coz this is not exactly the right place for these questions.
Old April 18th, 2012, 03:46 PM   #413
bhargavsura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eastern37 View Post
You read that article totally wrong! They said that this tower was one of 11 towers to be given certificates to build car park levels of between 10-20 levels, and that once they are completed they would be handed over to BMC. ( which I guess is a car park company of some sort).
BMC is Brihanmumbai Mahanagar Palika, which is a Municipal Corporation of the city.
Old April 18th, 2012, 11:33 PM   #414
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

@Sky_India .. even with 298 meters it will be the tallest building in India (Imperial towers are around 256 mts) and even if it is 320 meters it won't remain the talles building in India for too long (world one and others !! )

I don't understand what your questions are .. what you are pointing had been discussed on this forum long ago. Wait for the final product and you will get your answers .. its almost done .. BTW floor heights in this building is 4.5 meters which is more than the 14ft you are citing ..
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 04:17 AM   #415
Eastern37
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavsura View Post
BMC is Brihanmumbai Mahanagar Palika, which is a Municipal Corporation of the city.
Oh okay, thanks
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:17 AM   #416
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Its more than 70m wide, that is why it looks short. So the height to width ratio is a bit higher than 4:1
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:30 AM   #417
gugi182
Instagram: gugi182

Likes (Received): 1520

Quote:
You can't say that the top part is 20 meters in height. That's not believeable. I can't believe they are playing such trash in the market. (though I would love to stay in this building irrespective of its height (whether 298 mtrs or 320 mtrs....lolzz) But should the government allow such publicity tricks to claim the tallest building in Mumbai ?
looks small to me
Old April 19th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #418
gugi182
Instagram: gugi182

Likes (Received): 1520

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervin2 View Post
This is a joke right?
are u drunk??
Old April 19th, 2012, 06:53 AM   #419
Eastern37
Optimist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanne95 View Post
In the renderings it doesn't look that high
Compare it to the other buildings in this render, it's massive!
Old April 19th, 2012, 07:38 AM   #420
jaadu

Likes (Received): 39

March 30th Pic Photo Copy Right Cole M B

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The building you see on the left is the 55 storey Victoria which is almost topeed Out , So now you can imagine the height and width of this Giant of a building !!

It is more than 50 meters wide and 320 mts Tall !! If you go through the forum we have had confirmation on height from many multiple sources.
jaadu no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
mumbai