daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 20th, 2010, 09:30 PM   #81
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

It is a huge project !
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 20th, 2010, 09:34 PM   #82
Ewan117

Likes (Received): 18

Well, these highways are elevated right? so if you ignore the whole highway, you can see a small bridge/road which crosses the river and hence drive along the river but beneath the elevated highway. I guess the elevated highways are designed for the traffic coming from the other direction
Ewan117 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2010, 09:35 PM   #83
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

This is amazing. China is amazing.

PS: Those buildings look a lot like 250 East 57th Street which is rising in NY and which was designed by the same architect.
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2010, 06:14 PM   #84
Spocket

Likes (Received): 91

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999 View Post
relocation=getting rich.
I seriously doubt that . Or perhaps I don't really know to whom you are referring . IF you're implying that anybody who is being forced to relocate will get bought out for market value , well that's just not going to happen . The government is notorious for not paying people enough when it comes to this issue in particular .
Spocket no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2010, 08:24 PM   #85
z0rg
fok julle naaiers

Likes (Received): 15913

SOM's designs for expanded CBD in the Chinese capital

As the winner of an international, invitation-only design competition to double the size of the existing Beijing Central Business District (CBD), this master plan accommodates 7 million sq m of gross building area in a 3 sq km redevelopment zone. The expanded district remains consistent with the existing CBD functions, containing Class-A office space, quality housing, hotels, retail and entertainment. Special attention is given to integrating existing residential and commercial buildings into the expanded vision, while new cultural facilities add to the vibrancy and civic nature of the district.

The project enhances Beijing's commitment to public open space by offering three new public parks, green boulevards and a revitalised riverfront park. The comprehensive green network is designed to harvest and cleanse storm water to help alleviate shortages in the water-starved city. Additionally, the master plan aims to reduce vehicular traffic congestion by providing new modes of public transportation, including additional subway lines, streetcars and, most ambitiously, express rail service between a new CBD core and Beijing's Capital Airport and South Railway Station.

The design is based on classic urban design principles - walkable streets, consistent street walls and active ground floor uses - and optimised with today's technology to maximise sunlight, views and thermal comfort. Placing this project at the cutting edge of smart technologies and serving as a model for contemporary urban redevelopment, the plan proposes a 'plug and play' strategy for the provision of energy, water, conditioned air, communications and waste management infrastructure. Intelligent systems monitor and adjust to deliver maximum efficiencies, while centralised operations are made visible to the public - a true showcase in sustainable design.

Designed as a flexible framework for development, the plan can be adjusted and phased to respond to the evolving Beijing market. The master plan team has continued working with local officials to refine the plan, with a special emphasis on minimising carbon outputs in the expanded CBD. Construction of the initial phases will begin upon final approval, with full build-out anticipated by 2020.

http://worldarchitecturenews.com/ind...pload_id=14621

More than 300 supertall projects on going in China.
z0rg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 01:03 AM   #86
Eastern37
Optimist

Likes (Received): 3047

looks like a massive project, the design look great.......
Eastern37 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 07:25 PM   #87
diddy

Likes (Received): 12

seems like the final plan is here. When are they planning to start the construction? and what time are they aiming for to be finished? Got to be a lot of detailed modelling to be done first
diddy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:22 AM   #88
Art_n_Motion

Likes (Received): 0

Looks like this thread has been dormant for a while....any new updates on the designs & constructions?
Art_n_Motion no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 28th, 2012, 07:22 AM   #89
:jax:

Likes (Received): 521

Quote:
Originally Posted by sluta_bitas View Post
I am a bit stupid, and a bit offtopic also :P. In this crossing i see about 70 different roads going in random directions. If im coming from this side of the river (from left in the picture) and i wish to turn left down to the road that runs along the river, in which direction am i supposed to drive?
The crossroad at the bottom is Sihui bridge, unchanged from the current
bridge by what I can see.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 3rd, 2012, 02:50 AM   #90
Сталин
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1109

Great project for Beijing, amazing!
Сталин no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 12:58 PM   #91
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 805

Any new updates for this projects?
everywhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2012, 02:34 PM   #92
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8239

Quote:
Originally Posted by everywhere View Post
Any new updates for this projects?
i wish

beijing really takes long to realize its projects, but then again its all long term proposals i think.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 12th, 2012, 05:33 AM   #93
everywhere
The Explorer

Likes (Received): 805

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerZavatar View Post
i wish

beijing really takes long to realize its projects, but then again its all long term proposals i think.
There will probably be other proposals to be submitted to developers, the city government and the residents for deliberation.
everywhere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 01:48 PM   #94
Jewish
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2318

So, how many +400m towers in this project are?
Jewish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:05 PM   #95
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1658

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spocket View Post
I seriously doubt that . Or perhaps I don't really know to whom you are referring . IF you're implying that anybody who is being forced to relocate will get bought out for market value , well that's just not going to happen . The government is notorious for not paying people enough when it comes to this issue in particular .
I suspect the intermediaries take a lot of it as an unofficial commision in other words it's a scam.
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #96
Darkthekiller

Likes (Received): 60

there was a tramway in one of these picture, are they going to build one ?
Darkthekiller no está en línea   Reply With Quote