daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:35 PM   #261
Phriggin' Ogre
American't
 
Phriggin' Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central Washington[currently] Greater Los Angeles California, Greater Guadalajara, Jalisco[formerly]
Posts: 727
Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Oh my God... words don't comprehend...

Anyway what makes the US collection better in your head? Because there are more?
Its not even worth mentioning anything to you, becuase if I don't say "Europe is the best at everything", you'll say that I have a superiority complex. Just like you have the entire thread.



And yes, that is a major reason. Many domed stadiums, many roofless, many great ball parks, many NFL stadiums, huge college stadiums, a vast collection of old and new... simple and modern... No other country comes close to the Arenas, either, imo.


Now, if you disagree with me, its your problem not mine... but it seems that you have a major problem with other people's opinions, so I don't want to hear it, I don't want you to try to prove why I'm wrong. You asked me a question, I answered.


We had several pages of no condenscending remarks, try to keep it that way. I haven't said anything wrong for you to pretend to be offended by everything I say.
__________________
Let your mind be the canvas painting light in the dark

Last edited by Phriggin' Ogre; October 21st, 2009 at 12:44 PM.
Phriggin' Ogre no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old October 21st, 2009, 12:50 PM   #262
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriggin' Ogre View Post
Its not even worth mentioning anything to you, becuase if I don't say "Europe is the best at everything", you'll say that I have a superiority complex. Just like you have the entire thread.
Oh my God... stop taking it down the superiority tangent you're the only one talking about it!!!

Quote:
And yes, that is a major reason. Many domed stadiums, many roofless, many great ball parks, many NFL stadiums. No other country comes close to the Arenas, either, imo.
Many doesn't = best though.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing (it's all relative) that you don't have better stadiums, but you still need to understand the difference between quantity and quality.


Quote:
Now, if you disagree with me, its your problem not mine...
If i disagree it's my opinion, not my problem.

Quote:
but it seems that you have a major problem with other people's opinions, so I don't want to hear it, I don't want you to try to prove why I'm wrong.

what?

We had several pages of no condenscending remarks, try to keep it that way.
Why do you keep trying to turn this into a battle again? The debate is long since dead and you keep trying to dredge it up and score points. You really need to look in the mirror and realise it was/is you with the problem and callilng people names not anyone else!

Please just let it go

Last edited by bigbossman; October 21st, 2009 at 12:58 PM.
bigbossman no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:22 PM   #263
Phriggin' Ogre
American't
 
Phriggin' Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central Washington[currently] Greater Los Angeles California, Greater Guadalajara, Jalisco[formerly]
Posts: 727
Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Oh my God... stop taking it down the superiority tangent you're the only one talking about it!!!



Many doesn't = best though.

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing (it's all relative) that you don't have better stadiums, but you still need to understand the difference between quantity and quality.




If i disagree it's my opinion, not my problem.



Why do you keep trying to turn this into a battle again? The debate is long since dead and you keep trying to dredge it up and score points. You really need to look in the mirror and realise it was/is you with the problem and callilng people names not anyone else!

Please just let it go
I did nothing of the sort. Stop drinking so much. Jeeshe, you can't read your own posts? The one person following me throughout the whole thread undermining me, yet you say that I'm the one trying to start something? Your post will be reported if you don't STFU.


Again, you have problems with people that don't agree with you, don't you? What shread of evidence do you have that I'm the one trying to turn this into a vs thread, when you're the one patronizing Americans at every opportunity?

You have no idea how retarded you sound when you denigrate something, and then complain about people defending what you undermine.


Saying this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
I don't think the yanks will take the bait... maybe phriggin' ogre but we'll see...

After several pages of no conflict would qualify as spamming, since you're the one trying to get a flame started.

p.s. I had no idea that saying this:

Quote:
I agree with him, most stadiums in the US aren't as good as European ones as a whole, but I do believe that no country has a better collection of stadiums than the US.
meant that I was trying to get a vs thread started.
__________________
Let your mind be the canvas painting light in the dark

Last edited by Phriggin' Ogre; October 21st, 2009 at 01:33 PM.
Phriggin' Ogre no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:44 PM   #264
bigbossman
Registered User
 
bigbossman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: South East London
Posts: 3,408
Likes (Received): 4

Nothing about that post is worth a reply, this thread does the talking for me, you're needlessly abusive, you have no point, no debating skills and are as ignorant as the day is long. It can't be helped, but this is going around in circles and the facts are I can't be bothered anymore, so for you're information i've added you to my ignore list. Get the last word if you like, but it doesn't change the facts!
bigbossman no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 01:51 PM   #265
Phriggin' Ogre
American't
 
Phriggin' Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central Washington[currently] Greater Los Angeles California, Greater Guadalajara, Jalisco[formerly]
Posts: 727
Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbossman View Post
Nothing about that post is worth a reply, this thread does the talking for me, you're needlessly abusive, you have no point, no debating skills and are as ignorant as the day is long. It can't be helped, but this is going around in circles and the facts are I can't be bothered anymore, so for you're information i've added you to my ignore list. Get the last word if you like, but it doesn't change the facts!



I think that post speaks volumes. You have nothing to say because you were proven wrong. Add me to your ignore for all I care, that way you won't turn another thread into a vs thread simply becuase you don't agree with someone.


You say: American sports suck, no one watches them, thier figures suck.

I say: Thats not true

You say: Insults, you have a superiority complex, you think everything in the Us is number 1.

I say: If you read the thread, I did nothing of the sort.

and now, you're trying to make it seem like I want to debate about who has better stadiums... all becuase me liking American stadiums was too much for you to handle. You haven't even tried to explain how I'm trying to flame the thread because as far as I can see, you're the only one doing so.

Ogre: 1

Bossman: 0
__________________
Let your mind be the canvas painting light in the dark

Last edited by Phriggin' Ogre; October 21st, 2009 at 01:57 PM.
Phriggin' Ogre no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 03:11 PM   #266
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Cool down. Limit the personal remarks.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 04:43 PM   #267
Luke80
Registered User
 
Luke80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Surrey, UK
Posts: 774
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriggin' Ogre View Post
You say: American sports suck, no one watches them, thier figures suck.
No-one has said that. This is about the stadiums not the sports that play in them. We went slightly off topic regarding attendances but not sports. For the record no-one said american sport attendances suck either.
Luke80 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 07:58 PM   #268
I_live_cement
Registered User
 
I_live_cement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nowhere Land
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriggin' Ogre View Post
You say: American sports suck, no one watches them, thier figures suck.
No he didn't, the first post of his that you replied to was simply a series of facts.

He wasn't criticising US stadiums or attendances he was merely replying to someone who claimed (with the use of selective evidence to distort his argument) that by having larger overall attendance figures meant the US leagues were better. Then you basically created an argument in your head that didn't exist and somehow convinced yourself that you had won it.

Just read back through your posts in this thread and you'll realise that you were the one who was throwing baseless insults around.
I_live_cement no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 10:23 PM   #269
Phriggin' Ogre
American't
 
Phriggin' Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central Washington[currently] Greater Los Angeles California, Greater Guadalajara, Jalisco[formerly]
Posts: 727
Likes (Received): 2308

he wasn't criticising?

You can't say:

A- No one likes American sports outside the US (not true)

B- That American average attendances and totals aren't impressive (not true)

C- Criticise someone's opinion about a collection of stadiums and what they prefer.

D- Call me ignorant, say that I have a superiority complex

E- Say that no city in the US deserves to be the sports capital.

and not call it bashing.


I mean, you do realize that out of 3 pages of peace, he called me out for no reason, right? Maybe you should re read everything. I really doubt you read everything, as Bigbossman couldn't handle one poster calling 3 leagues the best (which wasn't me by the way), and decided to start making useless long posts trying to make excuses and downplaying US leagues. I strongly suggest you re read the whole thread if you don't believe me.
__________________
Let your mind be the canvas painting light in the dark

Last edited by Phriggin' Ogre; October 21st, 2009 at 10:46 PM.
Phriggin' Ogre no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2009, 11:39 PM   #270
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,265
Likes (Received): 96

Just lock this thread. It's been phriggin' ruined.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:02 AM   #271
Phriggin' Ogre
American't
 
Phriggin' Ogre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Central Washington[currently] Greater Los Angeles California, Greater Guadalajara, Jalisco[formerly]
Posts: 727
Likes (Received): 2308

Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Just lock this thread. It's been phriggin' ruined.
No need to close it. I asked the mods to delete all un needed posts... I think that would be a better choice.
__________________
Let your mind be the canvas painting light in the dark
Phriggin' Ogre no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:54 AM   #272
ReiAyanami
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,367
Likes (Received): 66

People, there is also something called MSN
ReiAyanami no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:34 AM   #273
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_live_cement View Post

He wasn't criticising US stadiums or attendances he was merely replying to someone who claimed (with the use of selective evidence to distort his argument) that by having larger overall attendance figures meant the US leagues were better
How are they selective? Ok, since your jealous of our attendence lets also go with revenue to prove our leagues are bigger. Nobody comes close to the NFL or MLB.

Annual revenue per league
NFL: $8 billion
MLB $6.1 billion
NBA: $3.4 billion
Premier League: €2.4 billion
NHL: $2.5 billion
Serie A: €1.4 billion
NPB: $ 1 billion
Football League Championship: £336m
La Liga: €1.4 billion


I couldn't find exact figures for our minor leagues in baseball but one article stated that the top 20 teams are worth $21.2 million and pulled in $9.8 million in revenue per team. So thats is $200 million. That is just for 20 of the 160 minor league teams.
weava no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:41 AM   #274
I_live_cement
Registered User
 
I_live_cement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nowhere Land
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
How are they selective? Ok, since your jealous of our attendence lets also go with revenue to prove our leagues are bigger. Nobody comes close to the NFL or MLB.

Annual revenue per league
NFL: $8 billion
MLB $6.1 billion
NBA: $3.4 billion
Premier League: €2.4 billion
NHL: $2.5 billion
Serie A: €1.4 billion
NPB: $ 1 billion
Football League Championship: £336m
La Liga: €1.4 billion


I couldn't find exact figures for our minor leagues in baseball but one article stated that the top 20 teams are worth $21.2 million and pulled in $9.8 million in revenue per team. So thats is $200 million. That is just for 20 of the 160 minor league teams.
It was selective because you switched between overall attendance and average attendance whenever it suited your argument. Average attendance is the only fair way to analyse it and apart from the NFL (which I am a fan of, btw) a lot of the top leagues are very similar:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...sports_leagues
I_live_cement no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:59 AM   #275
I_live_cement
Registered User
 
I_live_cement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nowhere Land
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriggin' Ogre View Post
he wasn't criticising?

You can't say:

A- No one likes American sports outside the US (not true)

B- That American average attendances and totals aren't impressive (not true)

C- Criticise someone's opinion about a collection of stadiums and what they prefer.

D- Call me ignorant, say that I have a superiority complex

E- Say that no city in the US deserves to be the sports capital.

and not call it bashing.


I mean, you do realize that out of 3 pages of peace, he called me out for no reason, right? Maybe you should re read everything. I really doubt you read everything, as Bigbossman couldn't handle one poster calling 3 leagues the best (which wasn't me by the way), and decided to start making useless long posts trying to make excuses and downplaying US leagues. I strongly suggest you re read the whole thread if you don't believe me.
A - He said that Americam sports aren't truly international, which they aren't. That's a fact.

B - He said they weren't impressive in relation to the population of the US, whereas the Eredivisie in Holland and the AFL in Australia are impressive compared to their countries populations.

C - He didn't criticise, he merely stated his opinion. Which was that quantity doesn't always equal quality. I agree with that. You were the one that said anyone who disagreed with you had a problem.

D - Well it would seem that you do. You took a criticism of someone's argument personally as a criticism of American leagues.

E - Arguably, none do. Not internationally anyway.

And I did read everything, you were the one that first replied to him and you were the first to use profanity:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phriggin' Ogre View Post
no point in that reply other than to bash the U.S. You're a ****.
Seriously, you should read through some of your posts in this thread. You have embarrassed yourself.

Last edited by I_live_cement; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:11 AM.
I_live_cement no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:18 AM   #276
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_live_cement View Post
B - He said they weren't impressive in relation to the population of the US, whereas the Eredivisie in Holland and the AFL in Astralia are impressive compared to their countries populations.
the AFL does slightly win that relative argument

AFL attendence 6 million in country of 22,000,000 (.27)
MLB attendence of 78 million in country of 307,000,000 (.25)
weava no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:22 AM   #277
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

What exactly does AFL or MLB attendance got to do with this thread?

No one cares about that. At least not on this thread.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:24 AM   #278
I_live_cement
Registered User
 
I_live_cement's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nowhere Land
Posts: 26
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
the AFL does slightly win that relative argument

AFL attendence 6 million in country of 22,000,000 (.27)
MLB attendence of 78 million in country of 307,000,000 (.25)
Personally, I don't agree with the opinion that the attendances in the US aren't impressive, because they are. It's just that they just aren't as impressive as you were making out.

But regardless of that, surely you can see how Phriggin' Ogre is getting way too offended at unnoffensive comments? He must be a troll of some sort; I just refuse to believe that anyone can be so thick.
I_live_cement no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 02:35 AM   #279
Scba
Registered User
 
Scba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: US
Posts: 1,589
Likes (Received): 1420

Good lord, you people are still fighting? No one's opinion will be changed by anything anyone says. The end.

I'd have to say it's a split between London and LA. Los Angeles has a more diverse selection of sports, but London completely nails down soccer, and with the Olympics, will have more.
Scba no está en línea  
Old October 22nd, 2009, 09:34 AM   #280
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Calm down. Move on. Final warning.

This thread was doing just fine until 1 or 2 pages back.
Mo Rush no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu