daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old November 17th, 2010, 12:27 PM   #361
footballff
BANNED
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 21
Likes (Received): 0

Just look at http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com and you'll see Buenos Aires is the stadium capital of the world. Almost all big stadiums in that country are in Buenos Aires metro area. La Bombonera is the most beautiful of all, what a masterpiece! Very impressive and amazing fanatical fans.
footballff no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 17th, 2010, 10:26 PM   #362
LosAngelesSportsFan
Moderator
 
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,962
Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryebreadraz View Post
You forgot Titan Stadium (10,000) and Weingart Stadium (22,335)

Thanks i knew i was missing some.
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #363
Rev Stickleback
Registered User
 
Rev Stickleback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,107
Likes (Received): 1925

Quote:
Originally Posted by footballff View Post
Just look at http://www.stadiumzone.weebly.com and you'll see Buenos Aires is the stadium capital of the world. Almost all big stadiums in that country are in Buenos Aires metro area. La Bombonera is the most beautiful of all, what a masterpiece! Very impressive and amazing fanatical fans.
Simon Inglis wrote a book, part of which involved going around all the football grounds in Buenos Aires. I think the claim was there were 21 football grounds in the area. Unfortunately it turned out a fair number were barely developed at all, or incredibly basic, so it wasn't quite the impressive number it first seems.
Rev Stickleback no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 12:55 AM   #364
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosAngelesSportsFan View Post
I dont think any city in America can beat LA. I think the NY region might be close.

Just off the top of my head, major arenas and fields, nevermind the numerous places under 10,000 seats. ...

Staples Center - 19,000
Forum - 17,500
Sports Arena - 17,000
Pauly Pavillion - Is being renovated - 13,000
Galen Center - Brand new - 11,500
Ontario Center - Brand new - 11,000
Anaheim Pond - 17,000
Dodger Stadium - partly renovated, more to come - 56,000
Angel Stadium - renovated - 45,000
Hollywood Park
Santa Anita Park
Rose Bowl - renovations start in Jan - 92,000
Colosseum - 92,000
UCLA Tennis Center - 6000
Home Depot Center Soccer Stadium - new - 27,000
Home Depot Center Tennis Stadium - 13,000
Home Depot Center Track and Field Stadium - 20,000 permanent seats
Irwindale Speedway -
California Speedway - 100,000
Coming soon a new 80,000 seat event center.
I already did this a few pages back for dallashttp://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...979844&page=13
LA can not currently host a final four, a superbowl, nor does it have a NFL caliber stadium. Build the new downtown stadium and we can talk.

Dallas (from my list):766,665.
LA (using your list):557,000 (637,000 with new stadium)
weava no está en línea  
Old November 18th, 2010, 09:19 PM   #365
soup or man
Avant Garde
 
soup or man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,758
Likes (Received): 864

Dallas can't say that it has hosted 2 Olympics (in the same stadium no less).

And LA can still host the Super Bowl. Hell it hosted the first one. Both the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl are old and in need of upgrading but they are far from crumbling.

Dallas might have more seats in it's stadiums but there is not a single city in the US that has had a greater impact on sports than Los Angeles.
__________________
Far from basic.
soup or man no está en línea  
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:29 AM   #366
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

del

Last edited by weava; November 19th, 2010 at 12:36 AM.
weava no está en línea  
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #367
stresss
Registered User
 
stresss's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 173
Likes (Received): 13

would have to be london
many iconic stadiums and many smaller ones that have brilliant atmosphere all the same
some are a stone's throw from each other symbolising great rivalries, however theres a distinct london feel and style through out each stadium
it might not have in numbers what la has, but its deeply enriched with history and tradition which not many other cities can boast over so many stadiums
stresss no está en línea  
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:34 AM   #368
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
Dallas can't say that it has hosted 2 Olympics (in the same stadium no less).

And LA can still host the Super Bowl. Hell it hosted the first one. Both the Coliseum and the Rose Bowl are old and in need of upgrading but they are far from crumbling.

Dallas might have more seats in it's stadiums but there is not a single city in the US that has had a greater impact on sports than Los Angeles.
Hosting superbowls and final fours are much more presitgous to american sport fans than the Olympics. Atlanta and St. Louis have also hosted the olympics but that doesn't make them anymore a sporting capital of the US than say Miami or Indianapolis.

If LA could still host superbowls then why have you been removed from the rotation, oh yeah, because your stadiums are old, don't have the modern luxuries required by the super bowl crowds, don't have chairbacks, etc....
weava no está en línea  
Old November 19th, 2010, 12:46 AM   #369
soup or man
Avant Garde
 
soup or man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,758
Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
Hosting superbowls and final fours are much more presitgous to american sport fans than the Olympics. Atlanta and St. Louis have also hosted the olympics but that doesn't make them anymore a sporting capital of the US than say Miami or Indianapolis.

If LA could still host superbowls then why have you been removed from the rotation, oh yeah, because your stadiums are old, don't have the modern luxuries required by the super bowl crowds, don't have chairbacks, etc....
How do you figure that Americans are more into the Superbowl than the Olympics? If the Olympics were not higher up on the scale, then the US PRESIDENT would not travel halfway around the world to try and land the Olympics. The Superbowl and the Final Four happen every year and more often than not, the Superbowl will be in either New Orleans or Miami. Hosting the Final Four also does not raise the importance of a stadium all that much because in recent Final Four's, the Finals have been in a football stadium. Not normally suited for basketball.
__________________
Far from basic.
soup or man no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 12:32 AM   #370
weava
Arch(Struct) Engineer
 
weava's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Missouri/Ozarks/KC
Posts: 1,753
Likes (Received): 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by soup or man View Post
How do you figure that Americans are more into the Superbowl than the Olympics? If the Olympics were not higher up on the scale, then the US PRESIDENT would not travel halfway around the world to try and land the Olympics. The Superbowl and the Final Four happen every year and more often than not, the Superbowl will be in either New Orleans or Miami. Hosting the Final Four also does not raise the importance of a stadium all that much because in recent Final Four's, the Finals have been in a football stadium. Not normally suited for basketball.
How do I figure... umm, by using common sense. How does being able to host an event not raise a stadiums importance. Cowboys stadium being able to host 100,000 for a NBA allstar games and final fours is significant because most cities are not capable of doing that.
PS. Kansas City will host a superbowl before LA, write that down.
weava no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:54 AM   #371
LosAngelesSportsFan
Moderator
 
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,962
Likes (Received): 858

LA has hosted 7 Superbowls and will probably get the 2015 Superbowl. you dont bet against AEG. they have already had meetings with the NFL and LA will likely get 3 superbowls in the first ten years after a team relocates here.
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:57 AM   #372
Solopop
Solopop
 
Solopop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,113
Likes (Received): 99

This is the Stadium Capital of the World, no one outside of the US cares about the SuperBowl!
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM   #373
soup or man
Avant Garde
 
soup or man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Posts: 3,758
Likes (Received): 864

Quote:
Originally Posted by weava View Post
How do I figure... umm, by using common sense. How does being able to host an event not raise a stadiums importance. Cowboys stadium being able to host 100,000 for a NBA allstar games and final fours is significant because most cities are not capable of doing that.
PS. Kansas City will host a superbowl before LA, write that down.
People will never think of Dallas for a sporting mecca. At least not along the lines of Melborne, Los Angeles, and London.
__________________
Far from basic.
soup or man no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:24 PM   #374
LosAngelesSportsFan
Moderator
 
LosAngelesSportsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 3,962
Likes (Received): 858

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
This is the Stadium Capital of the World, no one outside of the US cares about the SuperBowl!
i agree, just making a point about a previous post.
LosAngelesSportsFan no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:33 PM   #375
rantanamo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Dallas, Texas
Posts: 3,507
Likes (Received): 353

Do China and India care about the World Cup? Could be said that most of the world's population actually doesn't care about the World Cup.
rantanamo no está en línea  
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:36 PM   #376
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Do China and India care about the World Cup? Could be said that most of the world's population actually doesn't care about the World Cup.
Edit your post before someone sees it because people might laugh at you.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 02:19 AM   #377
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Do China and India care about the World Cup? Could be said that most of the world's population actually doesn't care about the World Cup.
I was in the Old Town of Lijiang for the opening game of the World Cup.

Every bar, club, and restaurant had TV's showing the game - it was actually funny looking at all the LCD's being brought into the town for the bars that normally don't have TV's

One thing you can take for granted, China is obsessed with the WC when it is on (and this is even with China not qualifying for it)
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 04:34 AM   #378
bd popeye
Registered User
 
bd popeye's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Cedar Rapids IA USA
Posts: 6,399
Likes (Received): 10450

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Do China and India care about the World Cup? Could be said that most of the world's population actually doesn't care about the World Cup.
I don't know about India but I know China does. The WC had millions of followers in China. However their top tier league is under a lot of scrutiny because of some gambling corruption allegations.

China's top tier league is called Chinese Football Association Super League
__________________
Big Daddy Popeye US Navy/retired

August 1971 - August 1991

I yam what I yam!

US Navy Photo Gallery

Chinese Daily Photos!!!..| SSC
bd popeye no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 07:31 AM   #379
HUSKER
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA
 
HUSKER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: TORREON, ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA
Posts: 1,597
Likes (Received): 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
This is the Stadium Capital of the World, no one outside of the US cares about the SuperBowl!
Mexico and Canada care about the SB.-..... And LA is the stadium capital of the world.
__________________
NO AL PAGO DE IMPUESTOS!!!
HUSKER no está en línea  
Old November 21st, 2010, 01:03 PM   #380
SpicyMcHaggis
Registered User
 
SpicyMcHaggis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,953
Likes (Received): 1789

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUSKER View Post
Mexico and Canada care about the SB.-..... And LA is the stadium capital of the world.
Mexico and Canada.. yea.. they really represent the entire planet.
SpicyMcHaggis no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:56 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu