daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old May 7th, 2010, 04:35 PM   #2041
benz

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigelmaj View Post
Hi all, I have been away for so long, but my course is coming to an end and I have my final design done. Here is one of the main perspective render, sorry if its alittle blur.
hey there nigel,
haven't been seeing you for quite a while. Is this render picture based on KK or just an example for your final?
benz no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old May 7th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #2042
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Likes (Received): 1

wooohhh~~~I love both SOHO and Vista, they make that area look like international offshore condos XD along with Bayshore haha

well, i do hope that area will have more moden highrise condos and become Malaysia's Gold Coast

Error occured, reformat system
AhChuan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:15 PM   #2043
nigelmaj

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz View Post
hey there nigel,
haven't been seeing you for quite a while. Is this render picture based on KK or just an example for your final?
Based on KK? Do you mean based in KK? This is an example of my final with that project located in Sepangar area, where the new KKIP masterplanning is. If you meant by basing it on KK, erm cultural, plants, tradition, that is integrated into the building design itself.

My older picture was used to 'minta' money for the project, but I hope when I show this to the superior, it would be more convincing.

Any comments on the design?

P/S Where is the best place to buy a house? lol erm I am at that point in life where I need to find a house soon. No $$ though.
nigelmaj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2010, 05:45 AM   #2044
benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by AhChuan View Post
wooohhh~~~I love both SOHO and Vista, they make that area look like international offshore condos XD along with Bayshore haha

well, i do hope that area will have more moden highrise condos and become Malaysia's Gold Coast
previously, condos are built more on signal hill and likas hill. I think the developers are changing their focus into building at penampang and luyang area. Nevertheless, signal hill is still the best area for condos
Old May 8th, 2010, 07:18 AM   #2045
benz

Proposed condominium "Jesselton Villa" by Bina Puri. This might be the same as the old proposed "Jesselton View Condominium" whereby the company renamed and redesigned it as the old link for Jesselton View Condominum is removed. There is also another name for it which is "Jesselton Hilltop Condominium" issued on press statement by the company which caused a little confusion here on which is the correct name.

http://www.binapuri.com.my/Projects/...eltonvilla.htm

Quote:
Bina Puri upbeat on winning over 10pc of job bids

Published: 2010/05/06

Bina Puri Holdings Bhd (5932)has bid for RM4 billion worth of building and infrastructure projects and expects to get more than 10 per cent of them this year, its chief says.

Some 57 per cent of the projects are in Saudi Arabia, Thailand and Brunei, group managing director Tan Sri Tee Hock Seng said.

Last year, Bina Puri won projects worth almost RM1.5 billion.

In Saudi Arabia, Bina Puri has an equal joint-venture company known as Bina Saudi Co Ltd, which has bid for jobs worth almost RM1 billion.

"Saudi Arabia is a new market for us and we plan to be a serious player as massive projects are coming up. We will be cautious as many Malaysian companies did not do well in the past," Tee said.
Locally, Bina Puri has been shortlisted for contracts for the new permanent low-cost carrier terminal in Sepang, the light-rail transit extension and the Gombak bus terminal projects.

Tee said 2010 augurs well for Bina Puri as it expects higher contribution from its RM2.4 billion ongoing projects, which are anticipated to provide a stable income until 2012.

He also expects better income from the group's property division, which is planning to launch four projects worth RM500 million in the Klang Valley, Sabah and Johor in the third quarter of this year.

It will launch Kiara 30, comprising 30 high-end bungalows in Bukit Segambut, medium-end apartments in Puchong, 23 high-end low-density houses in Medini in Iskandar Malaysia and Jesselton Hilltop condominium in Kota Kinabalu.

"Construction is our bread and butter. Nevertheless, we are looking to diversify and are negotiating for two power plant projects in Bangku Island, Indonesia, with the government. These are small projects worth RM7 million and each plant will produce 2,000 kilowatt of power," Tee said.

The old render of Jesselton View Condominium at Hilltop - 10 storey, 80 units

The new pic of Jesselton Villa Condominium - 18 storey, 80 units with swimming pools and club house facilities at Lorong Tahan 3, Layang, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah.

location of it should be here or somewhere around there

Last edited by benz; May 8th, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM   #2046
benz

UMS To Attract Tourists As University In A Garden

KOTA KINABALU, May 6 (Bernama) -- In a bid to draw more tourists to the state, Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) plans to adopt the 'University in a Garden' concept for its campus and turn it into a new attraction.

UMS Vice-Chancellor Professor Datuk Dr Kamaruzaman Ampon said to realise the mission the university would rearrange various trees lining roads in the campus as outlined in the UMS Landscape Policy.

He said UMS would also create a six-hectare botanical garden to make it into one of the country's most beautiful campuses that is rich in flora and fauna.

"Previously we didn't have a clear guideline on the landscape, but with the landscape policy we want to transform UMS into a university in a garden, surrounded by forest and lush environment.

"We want to retain the campus greenery as part of our efforts to develop an intellectual world, and if possible we would like UMS to become a tourist attraction," he told reporters after launching the UMS Botanical Garden at its main campus in Likas, here on Thursday.

Kamaruzaman said the botanical garden area would be developed in stages and according to plans, the university through the Institute of Tropical Biology and Conservation (IBTP), would plant a collection of rare forest trees such as Ironwood, Shorea and Putat trees.

"More trees and plants will be included in the garden. However, they will only be enjoyed in 20 to 30 years' time by our future generation," he said, adding that the garden would be open to public when it was fully developed.

Earlier in his speech, Kamaruzaman said the UMS Botanical Garden, situated on the UMS hill peak, would become a learning and reference centre on botany, ecology, phenology, ethnobotany, flora and fauna biology including plants from the islands of Borneo.

He added that besides acting as a collection centre for plants, the garden would also be a recreational area complete with pavilion overlooking Kota Kinabalu, Teluk Sepanggar and the Crocker range.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:43 AM   #2047
benz

UMS launches Botanical Garden

7th May, 2010

KOTA KINABALU: Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS) yesterday launched its Botanical Garden.

The six-hectare garden set near UMS’ School of International Tropical Forestry will be teemed with trees and plants endemic to the island of Borneo and in Sabah, said the university’s vice chancellor, Professor Datuk Seri Dr Kamaruzaman Haji Ampon yesterday.

According to him, the garden will serve as yet another green lung for the city within the next couple of years.

He added that the School of International Tropical Forestry has been entrusted to develop the garden with the assistance of all staffs of the university.

Kamaruzaman said that presently, the most common tree species found at the university are the acasia trees.

“We want to reduce the domination of these trees in UMS and replace it with commercial trees from the Dipterocarpaceae family such as the Seraya (Meranti), Belian and Urat, as well as local fruit trees such as the durian, manggis, rambutan and so on,” he said.

He said that they will try not to utilize the allocation from the University to undertake the project.

“We will ask everyone in the university to come and help with the project so that they can contribute. We want the garden to create a sense of belonging for everyone involved,” he said.

To ensure the continuity of the project, UMS has already put in place its landscaping policy, he said.

Aside from serving as a green lung for the city, the Botanical Garden will also serve as a center for education for students specializing in botany, ecology, etnobotany, fauna biology and flora, including microflora such as fungi and microbes, he said.
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #2048
benz

http://binapuri.com.my/Projects/Curr...Poolvilla2.htm

I think this is the Tiara Boutique Pool Villa

Quote:
Proposed Sub-Division & Residential Development (Pool Villa) Consists Of 50 Units Of Single Storey
& 10 Units Of Double Storey Linked House, A Block Of 7-Storey Apartments (30 Units) Cum
Clubhouse Facilities & 1 1/2 Storey Management Office, Off Jalan Sukang Mabpai, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah (Phase 1).

Quote:
Masidi: Take sufficient steps to prevent landslides

KOTA KINABALU: Developers intending to implement hillslope projects must take sufficient measures to prevent landslides.

Launching the Tiara Boutique Pool-Villa Show House located near Bukit Padang here yesterday, Tourism, Culture and Environment Minister, Datuk Masidi Manjun said landslides must be prevented from occurring.

“What happened in Kuala Lumpur recently is a lesson for us all,” he said.

Developers, he added, must also ensure that the properties they build were of the highest standard.

Masidi said there was growing confidence among foreign companies in investing in Sabah “and this is a good sign”.

“Aside from this development (Tiara Boutique Pool), a Japanese retirement home project is also being implemented in Kuala Penyu,” he said.

Meanwhile, Saturn Development Sdn Bhd managing director, Park Seung In said the project took 14 months at the planning table and that development plan was approved last September.

“Our sales office was opened in October, 2008 in Korea, and we came back to Kota Kinabalu after successfully receiving an advanced booking for 40 units,” he said.

The Tiara Boutique Pool Villa, expected to be completed in May, 2010, will comprise a 6-star resort with 60 units of individualised pool villas and 30 units of residential villas.
Old May 8th, 2010, 12:13 PM   #2049
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

So, the Jesselton Hilltop is not another project but renamed to Jesselton View?

I like the design though, and the location, based on the google earth well...is at the hillside, not worry about landslide? lol

Quote:
previously, condos are built more on signal hill and likas hill. I think the developers are changing their focus into building at penampang and luyang area. Nevertheless, signal hill is still the best area for condos
lol agree, but since Luyang and Penampang far from the airport...so better to build 30-40 floors condos

Old May 8th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #2050
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Some photos of PIKOM PC FAIR 1 Borneo taken from 1 Borneo's facebook fan page... I went there, and lots of people, and bought some goodies as well ....

Taken by Danny Chee

Old May 8th, 2010, 04:08 PM   #2051
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Likes (Received): 112

The Jesselton Villa Condo will give the best view of Lintas & Luyang area if it becomes a reality.

Here's two random but probably interesting things around KK

Plompong Island
- Small island off the coast of the city centre. Can see it from Wisma Merdeka and Tanjung Lipat. Looks cute
image hosted on flickr

Dead tree at Kingfisher
- Been standing leafless there for years, but is it really dead?
image hosted on flickr
thienzieyung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:17 AM   #2052

Likes (Received): 398

by 陳德陞 @ panoramio.com

2206 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:30 AM   #2053

although we hate them, but the building itself is quite interesting

by jayrazmat
Old May 9th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #2054

stunning!

by safmakk @ panoramio.com
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:00 AM   #2055

dxinwei

Old May 9th, 2010, 09:11 AM   #2056
howard90

Aeropod@Tg Aru

Aeropod brochure freshly taken from Sarbex

image hosted on flickr

Backside
image hosted on flickr

From spsetia.com.my

Massing perspective

Massing projective

Massing perspective 3
howard90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2010, 09:13 AM   #2057

Old May 9th, 2010, 01:13 PM   #2058
benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by howard90 View Post
Aeropod brochure freshly taken from Sarbex
Finally, a shed of light on the project. I thought it would be a standstill like other proposed projects. The parkland is nice and it seems that there will be hiking treks and 3 observatory point on the hill. The renders pic from the website only shows the transportation hub for railway service and front part of the project.

SOHO, retail office, hotel and service apartment are not shown there. Couldn't blame them much as the project is still in a planning stage and the design might change from time to time. The only way is to go to their office at times square and take a pic of their small scale model. Their website also says that retail office is Phase 1 which means the other part might not be build if there is not much demand just like what happened to Harbour City. ETA 2012 on the brochure is the average time frame before we can see the retail office?

Btw, howard you obtained the brochure from the sarawak expo? Did they display any small scale model of it and which part of the project is on sale for now?

Last edited by benz; May 9th, 2010 at 02:28 PM.
Old May 9th, 2010, 02:40 PM   #2059
ericcraig2

KK backs in 1992 or 93

Thanks to my friend (Emeh) cos posted in FB
Old May 9th, 2010, 05:00 PM   #2060
howard90

Quote:
...ETA 2012 on the brochure is the average time frame before we can see the retail office?

Btw, howard you obtained the brochure from the sarawak expo? Did they display any small scale model of it and which part of the project is on sale for now?
Yea the brochure is taken from Sarawak's Builder Expo. There is no model displayed in their booth. Actually that is just one of the many ongoing project SP Setia exhibit in the expo. I asked them for more info about the Aeropod, however in return they ask me to log on to their website coz they don't have further info about it. Probably the project is still only a concept.
howard90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote