daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #2541
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz View Post
the barge and kepayan area you took is at 35x zoom level and image stabilization on? I would love to ride on a helicopter coupled with a good camera to take pics of the city one day
Erm its actually x7 zoom, but I used fine zoom and zoomed further and that was the maximum zoom, with image stabilization on.

From Bt. Padang again:
Is construction works still going on at KK Mega Mall? They are doing it awfully slow.
image hosted on flickr

1 Borneo, taken just after the Sun came out from clouds.
image hosted on flickr
thienzieyung no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:19 PM   #2542
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
For members who are currently in KK and equipped with good cameras, do take pics of the scale model and pics of the property at the Shareda Property Expo held at Sabah Trade Centre from 27-31 Aug if you are interested. I do have some pics of the property but they are not sharp and blur due to my lousy camera. I'll update them tomorrow.

Cutting the story short. I'll list the new property on sale that I could still remember of.

1. Peak Vista Block B - 28-storey condo (SBC Corp)
2. Jade Residence - 15-storey condo (Sara-Timur)
3. R55 Condo - 11-storey condo (Benua Maxis)
4. D' Vantage - 11-storey condo (Fine Landmark) http://www.borneopac.com/projvantage.html (Note: changed to a better design)
5. Millennium Residency - 4-storey apartment (Pembinaan Kaya Borneo)
6. Sierra Aparment - 4-storey apartment (Part of Bandar Sierra development)
7. 8 Avenue - 14-storey(Estimated) Commercial mall, Designer Suites and Duplex SOHO (AscotVille) (Note: I'm not sure if they are referring to this project http://www.ascotville.com/pro_hotel.htm or another project by Ascotville as it has a new design.)
8. Some housing by Improbuilt (Note: I think the Prima Condo proposed by them is on hold)
9. Emerald - 2-storey house (Wah Mie) (Note: Disappointed that they did not launch the 774 Units Condominium at Jalan Fung Ye Ting)
10. Star City South - 10-storey mall (ACPD) (Note: Design changed)
11. KK City Waterfront - 14-storey mall (Sunsea Development)
12. Taman Salut Perdana - housing and apartment (http://www.bayviewproperties.com.my/)
13. Jesselton Villa - 18-storey condo (Bina Puri) http://www.binapuri.com.my/Projects/...eltonvilla.htm

Others are platinum apartment (putatan), apartment angkasa, Ceriamas 118, Eramas 118 by LT Alliance, SCSP and other projects by SUDC and other projects that I could not remember of.

Error occured, reformat system
AhChuan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:21 PM   #2543
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Peak Vista

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:27 PM   #2544
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

D'Vintage

Waterfront project

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:32 PM   #2545
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Star City

Bandar Sierra

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:41 PM   #2546
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Old August 29th, 2010, 03:59 PM   #2547

Likes (Received): 398

oh shit! isn't the design change to so simple ni??!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AhChuan View Post

2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:05 PM   #2548
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

not really also la haha, I love the trees at the top there...

Old August 30th, 2010, 06:29 AM   #2549
benz

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisystar View Post
Alam Mesra Desa Saujana
Alamesra is a nice neighbourhood to live in once the entire development of it is completed

Quote:
Originally Posted by nazrey View Post
It looks more like an Automobile Showroom..
I guess so from the render board

Quote:
Originally Posted by thienzieyung View Post
Erm its actually x7 zoom, but I used fine zoom and zoomed further and that was the maximum zoom, with image stabilization on.

From Bt. Padang again:
Is construction works still going on at KK Mega Mall? They are doing it awfully slow.

1 Borneo, taken just after the Sun came out from clouds.
KK Mega Mall project is suspended about 2 years ago. I think the project is still undergoing court case in which the Kuok Group wanted to replace it with Pacific Parade development while the land owner which is Maksak doesn't agree with that plan.

Btw, thien could you see 1 Sulaman from the top hill of B.P.? If yes, it would be a very nice pic to see how big is the scale of the project

Last edited by benz; August 30th, 2010 at 06:54 AM.
benz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:39 AM   #2550
benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2206 View Post
oh shit! isn't the design change to so simple ni??!
The scale model is ugly and lets just hope that the scale model is a mistake created and the developer would stick to this render pic.

Quote:
not really also la haha, I love the trees at the top there...
Thx for the pics.
Aiya AhChuan, you should update all the developments in the city instead of us with your DSLR.
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #2551
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

Quote:
Thx for the pics.
Aiya AhChuan, you should update all the developments in the city instead of us with your DSLR.
Owhh =.= how you know I'm using dslr? your there also???

Old August 30th, 2010, 03:02 PM   #2552

Likes (Received): 398

nikon D60
2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 03:07 PM   #2553
AhChuan
Your life is in my hand

2206 and benz you two stalking me izzit?

Old August 30th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #2554
tbc

Likes (Received): 58

Quote:
The scale model is ugly and lets just hope that the scale model is a mistake created and the developer would stick to this render pic.
Well, the whole development is a mistake and one obscene exercise in excesses anyway (in my opinion only lah)
The area rightly belongs to the community, but instead of building amenities for the common good, our govt and city council decide to blatantly award it to some (presumably very well connected) developer who is now trying to pull wool over everyone's eyes with claims of being green and environmentally friendly etc etc whilst trying their best to wring the last penny out of the current fashionable craze of owning some real estate with unobstructed sea view

Well, good luck to those who can afford to pay what is being asked for - maybe a good idea to sniff (literally) around the neighbourhood first though, particularly when the breeze is blowing in the right direction !
tbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 02:42 AM   #2555
benz

Quote:
2206 and benz you two stalking me izzit?
I was there around the same time with you and couldn't resist of seeing the most handsome guy using D60 over there. Actually, we just look at your pic exif to see what settings you use and I wouldn't know you were there until I saw the time of the pic taken. So now, do help us updating with more pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbc View Post
Well, the whole development is a mistake and one obscene exercise in excesses anyway (in my opinion only lah)
The area rightly belongs to the community, but instead of building amenities for the common good, our govt and city council decide to blatantly award it to some (presumably very well connected) developer who is now trying to pull wool over everyone's eyes with claims of being green and environmentally friendly etc etc whilst trying their best to wring the last penny out of the current fashionable craze of owning some real estate with unobstructed sea view

Well, good luck to those who can afford to pay what is being asked for - maybe a good idea to sniff (literally) around the neighbourhood first though, particularly when the breeze is blowing in the right direction !
Well I gotta agree with you that the building has blocked the sea side and island view from the main roads and the height of the building would be about the same as marina court or higher. We only can hope the waterfront would be worth it in the end providing recreational and sight seeing for the people. Would the development became an iconic place for the city, we'll look at the end result of the development if it does uplift the image of the city

Last edited by benz; August 31st, 2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 03:38 AM   #2556
benz

Some new shops around the city

Old September 1st, 2010, 03:07 AM   #2557
benz

Office at Kolombong

Wisma Kinsabina

Old September 1st, 2010, 03:20 AM   #2558
benz

Property Worth RM550 Million Sold At Shareda Property Exhibition In Sabah

KOTA KINABALU, Aug 31 (Bernama) -- The four-day Sabah Housing And Real Estate Developers Association (Shareda) property exhibition (PropEx 2010) which ended at the Sabah Trade Centre Tuesday, was a success.

It attracted 23,000 visitors, and saw the sale of 1,200 properties valued at RM550 million, said state local government and housing minister Datuk Hajiji Mohd Noor.

Thanking Shareda for ensuring the success of this year's PropEX, he hoped the association would take ProEX to the next level, enabling Sabah developers to venture beyond their shores.

He said an analysis of some Malaysian developers who ventured overseas showed they became more profitable and diversified, and achieved higher sales growth and were less reliant on government incentives.

"It just goes to show that we cannot remain stagnant because if we do, we become irrelevant and uncompetitive," he said in his speech at PropEX's closing ceremony here.

Meanwhile, Hajiji said the ministry would prepare a Cabinet paper on the proposed speedy approval of development plans.

He said Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman had announced recently, the breakthrough for the speedy approval of development plans to cut down the approval time frame.

"This shows the state government acknowledges developers as a very important partner in the aspect of developing the state on a steady pace, in line with achieving a developed nation status in the year 2020," he added.

In response to Shareda's appeal for early release of the five per cent bank guarantee of the total gross development on housing projects, Hajiji said his ministry would study their request.

On the concerns of local developers over the proliferation of foreign-owned companies selling residential properties with their tourism products, he said there were suggestions this aspect of foreign 'investment' needed to be regulated.
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:19 AM   #2559
benz

Development updates

1. Construction and Completion 47 units 2-Storey Shop/Office Development (‘Menggatal Plaza-Phase II” Formerly “Taman Permai-Stage III”) On Subdivided Lot C, Part of C.L.015358942, C.L.015358951 & C.L.015358960 At Mile 8 Tuaran Road, Menggatal, Kota Kinabalu, Sabah

Sektor : Swasta
Nama Klien : Sinar Pembangunan Sdn. Bhd
Kontraktor : DONFON CONSTRUCTION SDN. BHD.

Tarikh Award : 01/06/2010
Tarikh Mula : 01/06/2010
Tarikh Siap : 31/05/2011

2. Pembinaan Bangunan Konservasi Balai Seni Lukis Sabah Di Batu 2, Jalan Penampang, Kota Kinabalu Secara “Design And Build”, Penampang, Sabah

Sektor : Kerajaan
Nama Klien : Kementerian Pelancongan, Kebudayaan Dan Alam Sekitar
Kontraktor : SY. BERJAYA SDN. BHD.
Tarikh Award : 24/06/2010
Tarikh Mula : 28/06/2010
Tarikh Siap : 28/12/2011
Old September 1st, 2010, 05:34 AM   #2560
benz

Property exhibition attracts buyers, investors

August 31, 2010, Tuesday

KOTA KINABALU: Investors and customers are taking the opportunity to seek their desired properties at the Sabah Housing and Real Estate Developers Association (Shareda) ProPEX 2010 property exhibition.Sales and marketing manager of Fine Landmark Sdn Bhd, Jacqueline Lau, said the response had been very encouraging and property investors made up almost 50 per cent of the visitors.

Fine Landmark was one of the developers at the exhibition which was showcasing its D’ Vantage apartments.

D’ Vantage, located along Jalan Tuaran Bypass, is a 10-storey high building with 96 apartment units.

Lau said more than 70 per cent of the recently launched apartment units had been sold.

She added that the target market for the property were families and parents who purchased the unit for their outstation children.

The advantage of D’ Vantage, she said, was its proximity to Tshung Tsin New Campus and its link to Jalan Sulaman, government departments, 1Borneo Hypermall as well as Menggatal and Inanam.

“The residential area is also not complex because of low density.”

So far, Lau has received 20 bookings and numerous reservations for the apartment units.

D’ Vantage is expected to be completed in 36 months.

“It is expected that the price of D’ Vantage will appreciate by 10 to 20 per cent in the near future, possibly around two to three years.”

Lau further pointed out that families were targeting condominiums and apartments instead of landed properties due to price. While condominiums and apartments could cost up to RM300,000, landed properties could easily cost up to RM500,000.

“Landed properties are very expensive now so developers now follow West Malaysians in building condominiums,” she said, adding that condominiums also provide more security and less hassle to look after.

Fine Landmark will be embarking on a semi-detached and bungalow housing project in Inanam, as well as semi-detached and high rise apartments at Beverly Hill in the near future.

Meanwhile, Kota Kinabalu Industrial Park (KKIP) Sdn Bhd executive sales promotor Umi Kalssum Azis said housing properties in the Sepanggar area would soon be very competitive as developers now were moving further away from town.

She pointed out that KKIP would soon be like a town itself, and investors were eyeing the surrounding properties in view of their strategic locations.

For instance, all 48 two-bedroom units of Apartment Malawa Ria were sold out, mostly to investors who see its potential being close to institutes, schools and a polytechnic.

Umi added that the response had been good for the past few days, as she received 199 enquiries on the first day of the exhibition.

KKIP is currently promoting Apartment Malawa Ria three-bedroom units, Taman Salut Perdana and V24 terrace houses and townhouses. V24 will be launched in September.

In addition, Refined Homes Sdn Bhd had sold up to 40 per cent of its Ceriamas 118 Phase 3A three-storey semi-detached properties in Putatan.

Project coordinator Susanna Voo Siok Yen said the previous Phase 3 was sold out within two months after it was launched, which reflected the booming Putatan area.

She added that the booth attracted an equal number of investors and buyers. While investors usually opt for standard lots, Voo said house buyers normally acquired end lots with bigger land area for themselves.

“Our customers are mostly Sabahans, though we have people from Taiwan and Lahad Datu calling in as well.”

Refined Homes will be embarking on their upcoming housing project in Tuaran, namely Taman Feliamas 118. Taman Feliamas 118 will have 160 units of single storey terrace houses with a build up area of 960 square feet.

“Single storey terrace houses are usually quite dark but our design has the ceiling 15 feet high to allow more light to enter.”

She added that the house will be affordable for people who earn RM180,000 annually and above. Taman Feliamas 118 will be launched in October but is currently open for registration.