daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Old November 18th, 2011, 09:29 AM   #4461
itoyak

Likes (Received): 21

Surfing the net and saw this......dont know wether its new or old proposal....but if it materialise, would be a cool place...

http://www.sitimas.com/project10.htm
....Proposed development of pulau gaya oceanarium and water park, sabah Malaysia

Presentation by Sitimasbru Holdings Sdn Bhd
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Malaysia

INTRODUCTION

A piece of land of total area 79.70 acres strategically located on an enfamous island Pulau Gaya off coast of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, has been earmarked for a proposed development into a new tourist attraction in Sabah, The Pulau Gaya Oceanarium and Water Park. Presently there are no Oceanarium and Water Park has been developed in Sabah. This will serve as the pioneer project of such kind of entertainment for the community of Sabah although such Water Theme Park or Wet Parks are already available in many locations in Peninsula Malaysia.

A foreign investor will be involved in developing the Pulau Gaya Oceanarium and Water Park and such venture will be expected to come into reality in a not distant future.

Sponsored Links

Old November 18th, 2011, 09:47 AM   #4462
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Likes (Received): 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by benz View Post
Anyone bidding for SAB4H, 44H, 444H, 4444H?
That reminds me of SA 84 H, with funny parking.
image hosted on flickr

If I do see SAB4H without a doubt I'll snap some shots of it!
Saw SA 1 L on a Hilux last week too, good for those who like sailing.
thienzieyung no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 12:05 PM   #4463

Likes (Received): 498

Quote:
why the dbkk don't remove the old lamp pole in front of marina?

ah, benz, pls remain the previous pic size (1024x7680) OR BIGGER!
your pics very very nice

and are you forget to post this or i miss it?

SKY MANSION
25storeys
2206 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:14 PM   #4464
benz

Likes (Received): 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by itoyak View Post
Surfing the net and saw this......dont know wether its new or old proposal....but if it materialise, would be a cool place...

http://www.sitimas.com/project10.htm
....Proposed development of pulau gaya oceanarium and water park, sabah Malaysia

Presentation by Sitimasbru Holdings Sdn Bhd
Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
Malaysia

INTRODUCTION

A piece of land of total area 79.70 acres strategically located on an enfamous island Pulau Gaya off coast of Kota Kinabalu, Sabah, has been earmarked for a proposed development into a new tourist attraction in Sabah, The Pulau Gaya Oceanarium and Water Park. Presently there are no Oceanarium and Water Park has been developed in Sabah. This will serve as the pioneer project of such kind of entertainment for the community of Sabah although such Water Theme Park or Wet Parks are already available in many locations in Peninsula Malaysia.

A foreign investor will be involved in developing the Pulau Gaya Oceanarium and Water Park and such venture will be expected to come into reality in a not distant future.
it's an old proposal.....it will be a great addition to the attractions of pulau gaya if it ever got build....I can still remember the disneyland proposed by the same company last time Btw, Pulau Gaya Resort by YTL group is expected to opened middle of next year

Pulau Gaya reminds me of Penang Island while KK is like Seberang Perai. Only thing is that pulau gaya is not developed and there is no bridge linking both side
Should there be any development carried out in Pulau Gaya in the future and a bridge linking both side or just preserved it like now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thienzieyung View Post
That reminds me of SA 84 H, with funny parking.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2536/...6df6b5ff_z.jpg

If I do see SAB4H without a doubt I'll snap some shots of it!
Saw SA 1 L on a Hilux last week too, good for those who like sailing.
wow, the owner didn't modify the number Eight into letter "B". Usually, a lot of car owners modify their plate number with lots of creativity
SA 134 H can stick the number 1 and 3 close together too

Last edited by benz; November 19th, 2011 at 12:41 AM.
benz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:26 PM   #4465
benz

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2206 View Post
why the dbkk don't remove the old lamp pole in front of marina?

ah, benz, pls remain the previous pic size (1024x7680) OR BIGGER!
your pics very very nice

and are you forget to post this or i miss it?

SKY MANSION
25storeys
http://i.imgur.com/3kari.jpg
wow, you found the pic....was thinking of posting tonight when I'm free but your faster I actually counted 30 on the left and right side while the middle part is 26-storey. Probably the empty space in the middle is a multi-storey car park linking to the behind building

DBKK won't bother to solve this small things although it's in front of their eyes until someone with greater position notify them

Hmm...I was thinking that the previous size was not comfortable for people to view and anything bigger would be a distraction for smaller resolution screens. I'll stick to 1024x768 for now and bigger size for wide pics or panorama. The loft/the mall pic is my first time posting with a long width. Whats your opinion 2206?
Old November 18th, 2011, 01:34 PM   #4466

Quote:
wow, you found the pic....was thinking of posting tonight when I'm free but your faster
post pic from web juz as fast as less than one minute time

Quote:
Hmm...I was thinking that the previous size was not comfortable for people to view and anything bigger would be a distraction for smaller resolution screens. I'll stick to 1024x768 for now and bigger size for wide pics or panorama. The loft/the mall pic is my first time posting with a long width. Whats your opinion 2206?
1024x768 is the standard size, but up to 1200 also good
now is HD era
for panorama juz as long as you can! D:
thank you for your hard work!
Old November 19th, 2011, 04:24 PM   #4467
benz

Quote:
post pic from web juz as fast as less than one minute time

1024x768 is the standard size, but up to 1200 also good
now is HD era
for panorama juz as long as you can! D:
thank you for your hard work!
will post bigger size but still need to learn photo editing from you

Last edited by benz; November 19th, 2011 at 04:43 PM.
Old November 19th, 2011, 04:44 PM   #4468
benz

1. Proposed Earthwork Activities for the Mixed Development on CL.30160-30173, CL.01531162 & CL.30136-30142 at Jalan Tuaran, Inanam

2. Proposed Condominium Development on Lot 1465, 015395203 and 015358899 at Mile 3½, Tuaran Road

3. Proposed Amalgation and Subdivision (with Strata titles to be applied) for Condominium Development on L.2723 & L.015395196 mile 3½, Jalan Tuaran
(Lucky Heights Phase 2)

Last edited by benz; November 19th, 2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:23 AM   #4469

Quote:
will post bigger size but still need to learn photo editing from you
nonono, your pics already very nice with rich colours.
somehow i found some of my pics look fake
Old November 20th, 2011, 02:43 AM   #4470
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Quote:
1. Proposed Earthwork Activities for the Mixed Development on CL.30160-30173, CL.01531162 & CL.30136-30142 at Jalan Tuaran, Inanam

2. Proposed Condominium Development on Lot 1465, 015395203 and 015358899 at Mile 3½, Tuaran Road

3. Proposed Amalgation and Subdivision (with Strata titles to be applied) for Condominium Development on L.2723 & L.015395196 mile 3½, Jalan Tuaran
(Lucky Heights Phase 2)
Numbers 2 and 3 are located somewhere around Radiant Tower? Would it be on Likas Ridge itself or at the foot area? I'm don't really know mile 3.5, Tuaran Road.

Pass 1 Likas site yesterday and saw some huge blocks there.. Have to go up the abandoned houses at Signal Hill to get a good look!

Premium Tower cladding started already, even before topping out.
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old November 20th, 2011, 10:08 AM   #4471
benz

Quote:
nonono, your pics already very nice with rich colours.
somehow i found some of my pics look fake
Referring to this pic http://i.imgur.com/PSdSy.jpg
I don't like the top part of the picture...trees until the sky...It seems to have noise, over saturation, over exposure and colours doesn't look appealing. No idea on fixing it One thing for sure is the limitation of the sensor

Your pics are seriously good...i love this type of editing....rich in colours
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3118503...in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3118503...in/photostream

how to edit to have such nice colours?
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:11 AM   #4472
benz

Quote:
Numbers 2 and 3 are located somewhere around Radiant Tower? Would it be on Likas Ridge itself or at the foot area? I'm don't really know mile 3.5, Tuaran Road.

Pass 1 Likas site yesterday and saw some huge blocks there.. Have to go up the abandoned houses at Signal Hill to get a good look!
Yes, 2 and 3 is at radiant tower area which is mile 3.5. Number 3 land should be beside the current lucky heights while Number 2 is interesting. It could be sky mansion, the bay residences or some new condo. Your pics took from the old port....went to logos hope? I can't wait to take premium tower from the port
Old November 20th, 2011, 10:58 AM   #4473

Quote:
Referring to this pic http://i.imgur.com/PSdSy.jpg

how to edit to have such nice colours?
this pic is already quite good for me la
maybe bcoz it's a zoom photo so its look a bit dull

how about this?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1229/t45ve2jw.jpg
i make it more contrast and adjust shadow/highlight(a bit like hdr) in photoshop

share some of my experiences
for making rich colours photos, possibly take on sunny blue sky day
maybe can edit its contrast, shadow/highlight, saturation
for those pro they dont like photoshop but i love photoshop(i not pro also)

and i more prefer my first dc ricoh r3, color looks more natural after photoshop
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/61780204.jpg

while my current Lumix ZR1 colors looks blue-greenish after photoshop, juz looks not so nice
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/44457919.jpg

n while taken during gloomy day, color more dull
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/50444170.jpg

sorry for my broken english
Old November 21st, 2011, 07:00 AM   #4474
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Quote:
Yes, 2 and 3 is at radiant tower area which is mile 3.5. Number 3 land should be beside the current lucky heights while Number 2 is interesting. It could be sky mansion, the bay residences or some new condo. Your pics took from the old port....went to logos hope? I can't wait to take premium tower from the port

Yeah, Logos Hope it is.

image hosted on flickr

I wouldn't mind paying RM 1 just to see this!
image hosted on flickr

Its quite cloudy and going to rain so my pics aren't that nice!
image hosted on flickr

The rain that caused Lido, Luyang and certain areas in the city to flood.
image hosted on flickr
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:06 PM   #4475
benz

Quote:
this pic is already quite good for me la
maybe bcoz it's a zoom photo so its look a bit dull

how about this?
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/1229/t45ve2jw.jpg
i make it more contrast and adjust shadow/highlight(a bit like hdr) in photoshop

share some of my experiences
for making rich colours photos, possibly take on sunny blue sky day
maybe can edit its contrast, shadow/highlight, saturation
for those pro they dont like photoshop but i love photoshop(i not pro also)

and i more prefer my first dc ricoh r3, color looks more natural after photoshop
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/61780204.jpg

while my current Lumix ZR1 colors looks blue-greenish after photoshop, juz looks not so nice
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/44457919.jpg

n while taken during gloomy day, color more dull
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/o...l/50444170.jpg

sorry for my broken english
nice hdr effect....rich in colour and not overly done like some other hdr that I've seen. The ZR1 looks good to me, I don't really mind about the blueish as it isn't a lot but can be removed with photoshop

Quote:
Yeah, Logos Hope it is.

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6051/6...f40226b4_b.jpg

I wouldn't mind paying RM 1 just to see this!
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6118/6...7c6ca3df_b.jpg

Its quite cloudy and going to rain so my pics aren't that nice!
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6232/6...80d7ce5e_b.jpg

The rain that caused Lido, Luyang and certain areas in the city to flood.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6096/6...9849da12_b.jpg
The floors of premium tower can be easily seen from the port. I should have gone yesterday as the sky was so blue without clouds after a heavy rainfall on saturday causing massive traffic jams and flood in low areas of the city.

Nevertheless, great effort there Thien for showing this side of the tower and it seems that 2-stories left to topped up. There wouldn't be anymore chance of photographing it when logos hope leave Btw, you should have taken another shot from the entrance gangway and it is about 20 feet higher
Old November 21st, 2011, 01:21 PM   #4476
benz

Quote:
Borneo’s premier five-in-one edutainment hub

Posted on November 19, 2011, Saturday

KOTA KINABALU: A five-in-one entertainment hub, the Borneo Discovery Centre (BDC) is set to become an ultimate attraction to local and foreign tourists.

“It is a 5-in-1 Edutainment Hub consisting of a science discovery centre (SPARKSTM, WATERWORKSTM, PLETHORATM, NATURE-VENTURETM), a planetarium with a built-in observatory (BEYONDTM), a mini educational building blocks theme park (BLOCK-O-RAMATM), a 4D motion theatre (MOTIONTM) and an auditorium hall (D’STAGETM).

“BDC also features an indoor playground (PLAYPENTM) and live science shows (DEMOPADTM),” said Venus Advance Technology Sdn Bhd chairman and director Jay Rahman to the Borneo Post yesterday.

He explained that the BDC’s architecture was set to be the green technology icon of East Malaysia, boasting a supremely modernistic architecture reminiscent of Mount Kinabalu landmark in its design profile which would mainly take the shape of the mountain’s peaks and utilising green technologies, such as solar and wind power.

It would also be designed with the intent to be a new activity hub where outreach programmes and special events for schools, universities and professionals could be organised.

“While it is recognised that formal educational institutions will fulfill the primary objective of producing science literate people, BDC is where knowledge and understanding of scientific concepts and processes are communicated to the public through informal learning environment that emphasises hands-on exploratory learning rather than a formal text-based approach.”

Rahman added that the existence of BDC would not only increase science literacy of the local community but would also provide a regional hub for science and technology-based activities and would further the development of its surrounding area and creating job opportunities due to the need of BDC as a new organisation for staff crew to execute and put development plans into action.

“It also requires various expertise and materials in order to maintain BDC, therefore creating a steady supply of business opportunities as well,” he said.

He added that BDC was the brainchild of Venus Advance Technology Sdn Bhd and the conception of the idea was fueled by visionaries leading the company who saw the need for a science discovery centre in East Malaysia and had aptly identified Sabah, as the perfect place to host the revolutionary green technology-based centre.

BDC, he said, would serve as an edutainment, enrichment and resource centre to bridge the gap between society and science.

“By bridging this gap via access to scientific information and technology knowledge, the people will be able to better understand, participate and respond to the challenges of creating a generation of innovators to secure Malaysia’s future in the new century.”
Quote:
Projek Borneo Discovery Centre di Sabah

Satu jawatankuasa akan ditubuhkan untuk melaksanakan projek Borneo Discovery Centre yang bakal dibina di kawasan seluas 12 hektar berdekatan pusat membeli belah, 1Borneo dan Universiti Malaysia Sabah (UMS).

Penasihat Sains dan Teknologi kepada Ketua Menteri, Datuk Syed Abas Syed Ali berkata, projek bernilai RM350 juta itu akan dibiayai sepenuhnya oleh syarikat swasta.

“Kerajaan tidak mengeluarkan kewangan bagi pembinaan projek ini, tetapi sekadar menyediakan tapak. Malah projek ini akan dibiayai sepenuhnya oleh syarikat swasta menerusi satu perjanjian yang akan dikembalikan semula kepada kerajaan negeri dalam tempoh antara 40 hingga 60 tahun akan datang,” katanya.

Beliau berkata demikian kepada pemberita selepas mempengerusikan sesi perbincangan dengan wakil pemaju dan wakil perbankan bagi tujuan penubuhan jawatankuasa berkenaan di Wisma Innoprise, di sini hari ini.

Turut hadir Pengerusi Venus Advance Technology Centre (VATC), Jay Rahman dan Pengarah Venus Advance Technology Sdn. Bhd., (VAT), Md. Kassim Harun.

Syed Abas berkata, projek berkonsepkan mesra alam itu akan dilengkapi dengan bangunan komersial, ruang galeri, pameran aktiviti sains dan pelbagai kemudahan lain.

“Kita berharap projek ini akan menjadi realiti memandangkan pusat ini adalah yang pertama di Borneo dan yang kedua dibina selepas di Semenanjung,” katanya.

Menurutnya, projek mega itu masih di tahap perbincangan dan akan dikemukakan kepada Kabinet Negeri untuk persetujuan.

Namun begitu, beliau yakin pihak kerajaan negeri tidak menghalang pelaksanaan projek tersebut, memandangkan ia sangat diperlukan di Sabah.

Sementara itu, Md. Kassim berkata, mesyuarat yang diadakan itu lebih kepada perbincangan bagi penubuhan jawatankuasa Borneo Discovery Centre.

Menurutnya, terdapat tiga cadangan iaitu projek berkenaan dibiayai 100 peratus daripada sektor swasta, kedua menerusi usaha sama sebanyak 50-50, manakala yang terakhir adalah VAT hanya memberi tumpuan kepada Borneo Discovery Centre sahaja.

“Cadangan ketiga tersebut hanya tertumpu kepada Borneo Discovery Centre sahaja dan ia lebih kepada pendidikan sains yang diperlukan di negeri ini. Jadi kita tidak perlu mengeluarkan perbelanjaan, sebaliknya mendapat dana daripada sektor korporat dan pihak perbankan sahaja,” katanya.

Some sort of learning, showcase and research centre? A summary on it

Borneo Discovery Centre
Development value : RM350 million
Component: Science discovery centre, planetarium, educational building, 4d motion theatre, auditorium hall, indoor playground, live centre shows
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:57 AM   #4477
thienzieyung
"Full Time Tourist"

Quote:
Some sort of learning, showcase and research centre? A summary on it

Borneo Discovery Centre
Development value : RM350 million
Component: Science discovery centre, planetarium, educational building, 4d motion theatre, auditorium hall, indoor playground, live centre shows
Hmm, a lot of developments seems to be concentrated around Sulaman Highway area. There is still an amount of vacant land around there, probably that's why.

Cladding for Premium Tower also 'spreaded' to the right half on the eastern side.
image hosted on flickr

R55 Condo
image hosted on flickr
Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:04 PM   #4478
benz

Quote:
Hmm, a lot of developments seems to be concentrated around Sulaman Highway area. There is still an amount of vacant land around there, probably that's why.

Cladding for Premium Tower also 'spreaded' to the right half on the eastern side.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6221/6...ffa30fae_b.jpg

R55 Condo
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6107/6...78b026bb_b.jpg
No progress of ITCC? Penampang bypass road and Likas Bay/Likas area is receiving quite a bit of development too. These will be the new concentrated areas of few years to come

Old pic of Surian Residences

Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:28 PM   #4479
benz

More sneak peek of Ming Garden

Old November 22nd, 2011, 02:31 PM   #4480
benz