daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:30 PM   #561
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Melboure CBD

Hotel Windsor - 200 (More to be added in 2011)
The Langham - 387
Crown Towers - 521
Crown Metropol - 658
Crown Promenade - 465
The Westin - 262

Others.
Hilton South Wharf
Hilton East Melbourne
Holiday Inn

there are heaps more, I'll add more tomorrow - it's 3.30am.
Solopop no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:43 AM   #562
hangman

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
See, this is the apparnt attitude that caused the closure of the Qatar thread. INFACT i could say the exact same thing if you asked me this question. but no, this is not a good answer.

Please post number of rooms available now & in 2022, also please provide sources for your information.
How can qatar have world cup, if qatar does not have google?
hangman no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:48 AM   #563
waqif
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman View Post
I see solopop in the brig so problems between two parties is over.
waqif no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:53 AM   #564
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
haha soccer city copy.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:22 AM   #565
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by hangman View Post
...How can China then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by waqif View Post
I see solopop in the brig so problems between two parties is over.
No they're not. Why? Because you keep posting about them and whining about them. You sir, are a hypocrite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
haha soccer city copy.
...I don't even know what to think about you, the video or your comment. You do realise that that video is outdated/false.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:33 AM   #566
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6458

Quote:
What is the proposed number of rooms for Australia 2022 ??
It's hard to see that far into the future, and we don't know what developments may arise between now and then, but most of our cities are well and truly capable of holding large amounts of people. I don't have numbers though, sorry.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:34 AM   #567
Dimethyltryptamine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
...I don't even know what to think about you, the video or your comment. You do realise that that video is outdated/false.
He's just an idiot. You're best off ignoring him.
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #568
hangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
...How can China then?
Eh? I was telling him to use it.
hangman no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:02 AM   #569
T74

for hotels rooms, did a quick google search - unfortunately the Aussie tourist site lists them by attendances and nights used, not individual rooms

I found an older figure, but it had no clarification as to what was included, and that was around 250k

hopefully someone with a better clue that me can find something more current/relevant

oh, and you would be amazed the number of americans australians have convinced over the years that we go to primary school in the pouch of a kangaroo
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:08 AM   #570
pathfinder_2010

why the %$%$ are we talking abt accommodation and rooms ? the winner of the bid has not even been announced and it is 12 years away
complicated...............
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #571
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder_2010 View Post
why the %$%$ are we talking abt accommodation and rooms ? the winner of the bid has not even been announced and it is 12 years away
complicated...............
at least it gives a base of a nations capacity to absorb visitors
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:26 AM   #572
pathfinder_2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
at least it gives a base of a nations capacity to absorb visitors
Australia is a very developed country. Big country.
No doubt they have the capacity to meet the accommodation demands of thousands of foreign visitors during the tournament.
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:49 AM   #573
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathfinder_2010 View Post
Australia is a very developed country. Big country.
No doubt they have the capacity to meet the accommodation demands of thousands of foreign visitors during the tournament.
I agree, but the question was asked

everyone has been peppering the Qatari's with similar questions, so its only far we reply when asked too
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:50 AM   #574
Dimethyltryptamine

Quote:
There are approximately 65,000 bed spaces, 60 kilometres of beach, 900 kilometres of canal, 100,000 hectares of nature reserve, 500 restaurants, 40 golf courses and 6 major theme parks in the city.
Outdated information, but better than none.
Old September 18th, 2010, 03:55 AM   #575
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

The basic difference
750,000 visitors=3.4% of our National population of 22,000,000
750,000 visitors =375% of Qatars National population of 200,000
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:37 AM   #576
_X_

Likes (Received): 511

Quote:

_X_ objectives are cleary = 1.Derailing thread, 2.Causing thread lockdown, 3.Promoting problems, 4.Personal attack on members, 5.Trolling, 6.Posting Irrelevant info (sometimes without sources to prove at all, and when questioned no sources given or no response), 7.Bringing up all whats NOT related to the Bid.

Surely you jest
I will NEVER insult anyone
I have never received an answer from any Qatari about the most important part of the bid-you only have 10% of the cities required to host,even though you are using every city from your nation in the bid
I will not post links until much closer to the announcement because of my fears that the information will be tampered with
I have every right to reinforce the deficiencies of the Doha bid whether that be -
-it devalues the brand of the FIFA World Cup by being a single city bid
-that it will bring in at least 100,000 supporters to the WC because of fears that attendance will be at record lows
-that the total capacity of the stadiums proposed(605,000) will form the basis for the worlds biggest elephant park
-the average 53 degree weather will limit people to watching matches inside shopping malls
-the absolute lack of things to see once you've done a half day tour
-the zero fan culture as outlined by my crowd figures(over inflated average of 8250 for final round of WCQ which included large amounts of travelling fans from Japan,Australia and Bahrain)
-that Qatar hasn't even come close to qualifying before,despite cheating in round 3 of 2010 WCQ by playing an unregistered foreign player against Iraq,they still kept the 3 points for winning,even though FIFA said it was illegal
-that Qatar didn't have the guts to be tested a few months ago with the rest of Asia when the temperatures were more reflective of World Cup temperatures
-the lack of pedigree for having hosted large events such as the Olympics
-the incredible nationalising program which sees 15 of the current 29 players in the Qatari squad nationalised.This continual raping of African wins you no friends
-the attitude that blood money can buy you anything including exco
-that 93% of Asia will be watching matches at 3am
-seeing 3 games in a day is illegal,FIFA will not allow any more than 1 game per day.This basic lack of understanding is seen across the whole bid
-that FIFAs own major sponsors will be frozen out of such a hosting

Moving forward Qatar now has a pathway for future co hosting-an option that didn't exist at the start of this bidding process
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 05:04 AM   #577
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

"First of all my sincere thanks to the members of the Bid Committee, and Football Federation Australia, they together did an excellent job during our stay. Also thanks to all of the community and the authorities that treated us in a wonderful way and to all the footballers boys and girls present at some inspection site visits and to the police that did a magnificent job.

"About the visit, we all agree that it was organized in a very professional way. We could check different venues and stadiums, airports and transportation systems, conventions and congress centers and also had the chance to meet the sponsors of the bid and to hear about the economic and financial condition of Australia and some predictions about the situation for the region in future years.

"We also received the full support from the Government to the bid process. We appreciate the dinner that Prime Minister Julia Gillard gave us upon our arrival at Kiribilli House. For us was very impressive to know that the Opposition to the Government was also present at such a dinner. Beside that the commitment of the country seems to be outstanding, taking into consideration that both parties, in the middle of an election process, made time to enjoy a wonderful evening with us.

"During the visit we had the chance to learn a lot about your country and especially about football in Australia. We are proud to know that programs such as Football United are used as a vehicle for social improvements that will help to build better communities: also it was very impressive to read that the growth of football in Australia in the last decade has been 60 per cent and that at the moment there are more than 600,000 players registered.

"We also learnt that major events are not new for this country and we remembered such great moments in the history of sport in Australia when at the Olympic Stadium Cathy Freeman talked about her gold medal at the 2000 Olympics and when John Aloisi described his feelings before and after the penalty kick that took you to the World Cup in 2006. The visit to the Sports National Museum in Melbourne was very special and such a museum is for sure one of the best in the world.

"We also heard about the promises to deliver new first class stadiums and to renovate the existing ones, the implementation of volunteers programs, the improvements in telecommunications and transportation that will take place and beside all that that if the World Cup comes to Australia in 2022, it will be more than a football tournament with four important areas in social development, including the Oceania countries in this program.

"As a conclusion and after checking the bid book presentation on site, we must conclude that this country seems to be prepared in all the aspects to organize the World Cup in 2022."

http://www.goal.com/en/news/808/aust...-totally-ready
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 08:33 AM   #578
T74

Quote:
Originally Posted by raar78 View Post
I think Australia needs to pull one giant rabbit out of the hat to beat the USA with oval stadiums and less dense country.
no argument - 2022 is the USA's to lose IMO
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:53 AM   #579
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
haha soccer city copy.
First and foremost, as pointed out, it's outdated, for all we know a new render on how the stadium will look like (and location for that matter) might be present by the closing stages of the bid in December.

Secondly, and most importantly, it's supposed to be 60,000 minimum as opposed to the 90,000 Soccer City was. As well as the fact that it's designed to be convertible, that is convert from rectangle mode for Soccer, to Oval for AFL. The roof and wall panels are intended to light up into different colours, to represent the home side which is playing at the time, whether it be our National Football team, either of the 2 Perth based AFL sides, or the Perth base Rugby Union side.

As such, although it may look the same outside, it's a totally different stadium.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:33 PM   #580
apinamies

Likes (Received): 722

If Australia gets World cup 2020 it would be interesting.

But I afraid that stadiums will be empty during the games because Australians don't care about football.

Europe and South America are too far from Australia. Australia's winter can be sometimes cold too.

Last edited by apinamies; September 18th, 2010 at 06:35 PM. Reason: misspelling
apinamies no está en línea  

Closed Thread