daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Closed Thread

 
Thread Tools
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:48 AM   #601
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

Semis are between Perth, Sydney, and Melbourne

Opening and Final will be between Sydney and Melbourne

Most likely option appears to be Melbourne for the opening, Perth and Melbourne for the semis, and Sydney for the final

The actual stadium are:

1) MGC - Melbourne
2) ANZ Stadium - Sydney
3) Suncorp Stadium - Brisbane (will get a upgrade if successful) **
4) Subiaco Stadium - Perth (redevelopment)
5) Adelaide Oval - Adelaide (redevelopment)
6) Sydney Football Stadium - Sydney **
7) Energy Australia Stadium - Newcastle **
8) Dairy Farmers Stadium - Townsville - (upgrade) **
9) Canberra Stadium - Canberra - (new stadium) **
10) Carrara Stadium - Gold Coast - (upgrade for Comm Games 2018 bid)
11) Blacktown Stadium - Sydney - (new stadium) **
12) Kardinia Park - Geelong - (upgrade and temporary rectangular configuration seating) **

This in all gives us:
- 7 stadiums with rectangular configuration (one of these being temporary)
- 4 major upgrades to oval stadium (Adelaide Oval, Subiaco, Kardinia Park, and Carrara) and a minor to ANZ
- 2 new rectangular stadium (Blacktown and Canberra)
- 3 major upgrades to rectangular stadium (Suncorp, Energy Aust, and Dairy Farmers)
T74 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old September 20th, 2010, 01:33 AM   #602
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

With Australia only hosting in 2022 its a long while before we actually know which city hosts what.

Final and opening prob. between Sydney and Melbourne but will only be final after the bid is won and is unrelated to what is presented to by the bid team.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 02:36 AM   #603
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
With Australia only hosting in 2022 its a long while before we actually know which city hosts what.

Final and opening prob. between Sydney and Melbourne but will only be final after the bid is won and is unrelated to what is presented to by the bid team.
Mo,I think you'll find that us Victorians have conceded the final to Sydney and are happy to do do.New South Wales is football heartland while the AFL rules the roost in Victoria.

T74s synopsis is about right although if Brisbane upgrade it would also be in the running for a semi final and its totally possible

The fantastic thing is there will be 12 years to prepare and 12 years for the game to continue to grow.
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 03:34 AM   #604
Mo Rush
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 28,964
Likes (Received): 74

Its a long long time away.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM   #605
Lord David
Registered User
 
Lord David's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,785
Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Mo,I think you'll find that us Victorians have conceded the final to Sydney and are happy to do do.New South Wales is football heartland while the AFL rules the roost in Victoria.

T74s synopsis is about right although if Brisbane upgrade it would also be in the running for a semi final and its totally possible

The fantastic thing is there will be 12 years to prepare and 12 years for the game to continue to grow.
Brisbane getting an upgrade is totally logical. Therefore you got Melbourne for the opening game and ceremony, Sydney for the final, Perth and Brisbane host a Semi each, and then Melbourne gets the third place match.
Lord David no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:01 AM   #606
crazydude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Port Elizabeth
Posts: 1,103
Likes (Received): 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord David View Post
Brisbane getting an upgrade is totally logical. Therefore you got Melbourne for the opening game and ceremony, Sydney for the final, Perth and Brisbane host a Semi each, and then Melbourne gets the third place match.
I think that the MCG would be too big for the 3rd place play off. It is not normally at the biggest venue.
crazydude no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:25 AM   #607
venki04ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 183
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
With Australia only hosting in 2022 its a long while before we actually know which city hosts what.

Final and opening prob. between Sydney and Melbourne but will only be final after the bid is won and is unrelated to what is presented to by the bid team.
How australia will win bids 2022 world cup without opening match and semi final's venue.?

South Africa did well. they built 3 new stadium's capetown and durban for semi final's and Port elizebeth hosted 3rd place match. Soccer city - final and opening match.

Which venue's for semi final and opening match in australia. FIFA yet to approve MCG and new perth stadium. AUSTRALIA Cannot build any new stadium for opening match or semi final's. It isn't deserved to host 2022 world cup.

Stadium Australia - Final
Brisbane stadium, Adelaide oval, stadium australia, MCG - quarter final
where is semi final's venue.?

Australia is poor bidding. 2022 is 12 years away but they don't have any plan new venue's at ground zero.
venki04ss no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:36 AM   #608
woozoo
Registered User
 
woozoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 800
Likes (Received): 188

What do you mean FIFA are yet to approve MCG and Perth stadium?

They are the likely venues for the semis at this early stage.
woozoo no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:40 AM   #609
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

remove.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.

Last edited by Will737; September 20th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:45 AM   #610
Will737
...
 
Will737's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Me!bourne
Posts: 889
Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki04ss View Post
How australia will win bids 2022 world cup without opening match and semi final's venue.?

South Africa did well. they built 3 new stadium's capetown and durban for semi final's and Port elizebeth hosted 3rd place match. Soccer city - final and opening match.

Which venue's for semi final and opening match in australia. FIFA yet to approve MCG and new perth stadium. AUSTRALIA Cannot build any new stadium for opening match or semi final's. It isn't deserved to host 2022 world cup.

Stadium Australia - Final
Brisbane stadium, Adelaide oval, stadium australia, MCG - quarter final
where is semi final's venue.?

Australia is poor bidding. 2022 is 12 years away but they don't have any plan new venue's at ground zero.
Fail.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Oh sod off.
Will737 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:50 AM   #611
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki04ss View Post
How australia will win bids 2022 world cup without opening match and semi final's venue.?

South Africa did well. they built 3 new stadium's capetown and durban for semi final's and Port elizebeth hosted 3rd place match. Soccer city - final and opening match.

Which venue's for semi final and opening match in australia. FIFA yet to approve MCG and new perth stadium. AUSTRALIA Cannot build any new stadium for opening match or semi final's. It isn't deserved to host 2022 world cup.

Stadium Australia - Final
Brisbane stadium, Adelaide oval, stadium australia, MCG - quarter final
where is semi final's venue.?

Australia is poor bidding. 2022 is 12 years away but they don't have any plan new venue's at ground zero.
I think you need google translater mate so you can read.
I know you're supporting the bid from the 148th biggest country in the world but thats no reason not to read whats already been explained the very post before.
Some countries have a real sporting culture and draw massive crowds all the time-eg MCG last Saturday-95,241 and the night before 78,245 with 2 of the lower drawing teams
Some countries have a massive travelling army such as Australia where over 70,000 left Australia for the 2006 World Cup and approximately 20,000 joined us from the UK and the continent.Even for South Africa 35,000 went to support our lads.
We are one of only 3 countries to have competed in EVERY summer Olympics
On the other hand I note a certain other country doesn't ,doesn't and isn't
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM   #612
Walbanger
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Perth
Posts: 1,241
Likes (Received): 1107

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki04ss View Post
How australia will win bids 2022 world cup without opening match and semi final's venue.?

South Africa did well. they built 3 new stadium's capetown and durban for semi final's and Port elizebeth hosted 3rd place match. Soccer city - final and opening match.

Which venue's for semi final and opening match in australia. FIFA yet to approve MCG and new perth stadium. AUSTRALIA Cannot build any new stadium for opening match or semi final's. It isn't deserved to host 2022 world cup.

Stadium Australia - Final
Brisbane stadium, Adelaide oval, stadium australia, MCG - quarter final
where is semi final's venue.?

Australia is poor bidding. 2022 is 12 years away but they don't have any plan new venue's at ground zero.
Mate, South Africa won the bid with Newlands in Capetown, Kings Park in Durban and a stadium proposal for Port Elizabeth. Australia is completly capable of doing the same as South Africa in building new venues if we win the bid but FIFA have a problem with the Stadiums we're proposing to use. Australia has signed the guarentee contracts so will need to provide the venues FIFA want if they are not satisfied.

I have no idea what you mean by Australia not having an Opening and Semi final venue. It's entirely a matter of who gets what. The USA bid has not set in concrete where they plan to hold their key fixtures either. Melbourne have one of the finest aand largest Stadiums in the whole world (be it an oval, not unfamiliar to a FIFA WC). The Perth Stadium has been in planning for the past 4 years regardless of World Cup. It will be the best convertable stadium in the when built at a cost of $1 billion. With some clever engineering Brisbanes Suncorp Stadium need not destory its aesthetics when raising the roof to fit in another 8000 seats to get to 60500.

Last edited by Walbanger; September 20th, 2010 at 12:22 PM.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 12:19 PM   #613
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

the MCG doesn't need to be rebuilt - the northern stand and olympic stands are only a few years old, and the southern stand is about to undergo a $55m refurbishment

its one negative is it is not rectangular, which is why it will most likely not host the final.

ANZ stadium was only built for Sydney 2000, and it will receive an upgrade prior to the WC (if successful)

Perth will get a new stadium

as such, the three stadiums to be used for the finals will be either new or receiving upgrades prior to the event. its not like they are ancient relics or only getting a lick of paint
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 09:46 PM   #614
MysteryMike
BANNED
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 757
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
ANZ stadium was only built for Sydney 2000, and it will receive an upgrade prior to the WC (if successful)
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:41 PM   #615
venki04ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 183
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by woozoo View Post
What do you mean FIFA are yet to approve MCG and Perth stadium?

They are the likely venues for the semis at this early stage.
MCG isn't rectangular field. It is oval field. That isn't approved by FIFA.
venki04ss no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:52 PM   #616
venki04ss
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 183
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
I think you need google translater mate so you can read.
I know you're supporting the bid from the 148th biggest country in the world but thats no reason not to read whats already been explained the very post before.
Some countries have a real sporting culture and draw massive crowds all the time-eg MCG last Saturday-95,241 and the night before 78,245 with 2 of the lower drawing teams
Some countries have a massive travelling army such as Australia where over 70,000 left Australia for the 2006 World Cup and approximately 20,000 joined us from the UK and the continent.Even for South Africa 35,000 went to support our lads.
We are one of only 3 countries to have competed in EVERY summer Olympics
On the other hand I note a certain other country doesn't ,doesn't and isn't
Olympics - one city, World cup 12-14 Cities/Big town's. Olympic's is different from world cup.

MCG 95k crowd's.! This is your country traditional sport rugby. In England EPL, In USA American Futbol, In India Indian premier league, Your Country Rugby league and Grand final .. Every local sport sell out crowd's.

Are you talking football or Rugby last saturday 95,000 crowd's at MCG.! If Your country use semi final at MCG. No one buy ticket's from european fan's.
venki04ss no está en línea  
Old September 20th, 2010, 11:08 PM   #617
gavstar00
Registered User
 
gavstar00's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: N/A
Posts: 371
Likes (Received): 133

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki04ss View Post
Olympics - one city, World cup 12-14 Cities/Big town's. Olympic's is different from world cup.

MCG 95k crowd's.! This is your country traditional sport rugby. In England EPL, In USA American Futbol, In India Indian premier league, Your Country Rugby league and Grand final .. Every local sport sell out crowd's.

Are you talking football or Rugby last saturday 95,000 crowd's at MCG.! If Your country use semi final at MCG. No one buy ticket's from european fan's.
Ordinarily I'd say nothing but this is moronic to the point of being laughable. I'll put it simply - if a European team is in the semi final then, yes, their fans will buy tickets if it's at the MCG. That's coming from a European point of view too
gavstar00 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:03 AM   #618
krudmonk
sucks
 
krudmonk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Sannozay
Posts: 2,265
Likes (Received): 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by venki04ss View Post
Olympics - one city, World cup 12-14 Cities/Big town's. Olympic's is different from world cup.

MCG 95k crowd's.! This is your country traditional sport rugby. In England EPL, In USA American Futbol, In India Indian premier league, Your Country Rugby league and Grand final .. Every local sport sell out crowd's.

Are you talking football or Rugby last saturday 95,000 crowd's at MCG.! If Your country use semi final at MCG. No one buy ticket's from european fan's.
Rugby is not the chief sport played at the MCG. If it were, the shape of the field would not be an issue.
krudmonk no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 12:41 AM   #619
T74
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 622
Likes (Received): 1

given the MCG has hosted FIFA World Cup qualifier games, so I suspect if FIFA hated the ground they would never have been allowed to occur.

australian rules is nothing like rugby

given 95k turned out to see Australia play Greece in a friendly before the 2006 WC campaign, I think they can attract a crowd without much fear
T74 no está en línea  
Old September 21st, 2010, 04:52 AM   #620
_X_
Registered User
 
_X_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Geelong,Australia
Posts: 1,387
Likes (Received): 510

The submission in the bid book for the MCG complies with the most recent FIFA technical recommendations.This has decreased capacity somewhat but because it it one of the 7 sporting wonders of the world is still foremost in FIFAs evaluation.The inspection team were obviously in awe while at the MCG
It will still easily qualify to host the final although that prize will go to the other Australian Olympic Stadium in Sydney.
__________________
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  


Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:28 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu