daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:09 PM   #961
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Not far off Andreas
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:16 PM   #962
AndreasBerlin

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post

Not far off Andreas
But the question is, where are the concacaf votes going to go once the USA gets knocked out? So far, I only have them done for Blazer, Warner and the British guy (thompson?). I think they would probably all go to Australia, pushing them over the line, instead of Qatar
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:19 PM   #963
AndreasBerlin

Infact, while I remember, I once heard a rumour that all of the french voting block (Temarii, Platini and Anouma) were being organised by Temarii to vote for Australia. But who knows what is going on with that now that Temarii is suspended. I dare say Anouma could go anywhere now
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 03:33 PM   #964
_X_

Amazing
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:17 PM   #965
jacoboy7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
I know all of the above.

My point was that some are still suggesting the US as a host because it "deserves" it. There is no other 2022 bid country more deserving than Australia.

Sure, the bribes, politics etc. will determine who wins, but no sane person can put forward another country or Doha, as a more deserving host.
<3

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 04:19 PM   #966
_X_

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_S._Blatter

Blatter was elected president of the World Society of Friends of Suspenders, an organisation which tried to stop women replacing suspender belts with pantyhose.[2][3][4]

_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 3rd, 2010, 11:59 PM   #967
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasBerlin View Post
I have marked down Cyprus going to Australia, Belgium going to whomever the technical reports recommend. Platini from france could go anywhere, and I think he will also go with the technical reports, or be influenced by Beckenbauer to vote for Australia, or just follow whoever Blatter votes for. (and France only has one vote, not two)

I also have paraguay going to South Korea. The 3 west african votes could go anywhere. They have really been rocked by the corruption scandal and it is hard to say if they are going to stick with deals they have made, or suddenly make an attempt to appear clean.

I also have Russia and Turkey marked down as going to Australia. Egypt is part of the Qatar deal, not Turkey
Cyprus - haven't heard any info on their intent

Belgium - reckon you may be right, that would give them to the US you would imagine

France - I thought Valcke still had a vote as Sec Gen (in addition to Plantini), is this wrong?

Paraguay - I agree, but I assumed Japan/Korea are both the first two out. AU/US/QT all have been desperate to get this guys vote, so all being equal I went for geography in the end.

Africa - Agree, I know AU has been putting a lot of work into the CAF exco members, so they could go anywhere. Last report I heard had them leaning to QT, and I reckon the aid QT can give them may tip the scale.

Turkey - Oops, bad cut and paste You are correct of course, its Egypt who is in the Spain/Qatar 7. I read a few weeks ago somewhere though that apparently the Turkish delegate is supportive of the Qatari bid.

The three big questions that will decide this for me are:

1) Will the Qatari/Spainish block hold? Looks like they will all get off, and with an anonymous vote their move is concealed. I expect all delegates (in light of the focus on corruption) to be heavily pushed to explain their vote afterwards though. Will this scrutiny be enough to smash the block?

2) Where will CAF go? As you mentioned, these guys could go anywhere, and corruption in footy is getting massive press right now with issues ranging from Nigeria to Zimbabwe. Reckon the old rules on how they vote may get thrown out as a result.

3) Who will England bring to the USA party from UEFA? If the above two go Qatar, this move almost decides it.

oh well, just 4 weeks to go now
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:28 AM   #968
Archbishop

Likes (Received): 145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Soccer is a funny one in America, probably the 4th most popular but it has very different challenges than the other 3 of the 2 Baseball and Football. It is enjoyed highly at a recreational pursuit. Our local national league isn't of a great standard, or to be more specific, to a quality that Americans are accoustomed (we are used to the best in Baseball, Basketball, Hockey and of course American football). Millions follow the European leagues, especially the English Premiership
I like how similar our sporting cultures are.
Archbishop no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 01:23 AM   #969
MysteryMike
BANNED

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 4th, 2010 at 01:34 AM.
MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 03:09 AM   #970
_X_

Some folks are going to be amazed with the results of this vote
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM   #971
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
????
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:07 AM   #972
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
????
Its true,but its not going to be for the benefit of your bias
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #973
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
It will be a historic moment in world football that's for sure 2 world cups in one day, has never been done before and it's just going to be immense, the pressure on the bidding teams, the nations, the fans, it's just going to an absolutely magical moment for the 2 nations that win their assigned bids.
Old November 4th, 2010, 07:08 AM   #974
MysteryMike
BANNED

and of course for the others it will be a horrendous/catastrophic hammering of national pride just before Christmas (although for one bid that doesn't really matter anyway).
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:40 AM   #975
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
It will be a historic moment in world football that's for sure 2 world cups in one day, has never been done before and it's just going to be immense, the pressure on the bidding teams, the nations, the fans, it's just going to an absolutely magical moment for the 2 nations that win their assigned bids.
Too bad, Blatter disagrees with you. since it was a "mistake" (maybe thats why he crashed that day )
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:42 AM   #976
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

I think we've got this boys!!!! World Cup Confirmed the Australian GDP to grow at 6% next year....we're ****** laughing boys!!!
Weebie no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:43 AM   #977
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

6% Only ? Sources ?
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:47 AM   #978
Weebie

Likes (Received): 5

ALso you can't compare Canadian sporting landscapes to Australia. Australia has a mentality of winning while Canada has a mentality of losing!
Weebie no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #979
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
6% Only ? Sources ?
I don't think you undestand how much more that is.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:58 AM   #980
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weebie View Post
ALso you can't compare Canadian sporting landscapes to Australia. Australia has a mentality of winning while Canada has a mentality of losing!
That's a bit harsh. Canada excells at the sports they care about.
Walbanger no está en línea  

Closed Thread