daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 5th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #1001
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Mystery Mike you never answered my question where the hell are you from?????!!!!!

And don't say it's a mystery!
Where are you from? Jamaica? That would explain the fact that you've been with women 'from all colors of the rainbow'.
Will737 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:37 AM   #1002
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Mystery Mike you never answered my question where the hell are you from?????!!!!!

More importantly, where are you from? By the looks of it, you can't decide whether you're from a Carribean or African nation or Israel... Lol
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 06:43 AM   #1003
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

or Canada
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 09:35 AM   #1004
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 10:02 AM   #1005
magic_johnson

Likes (Received): 3

Gold Coast:
magic_johnson no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #1006
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Wow look nice
What Capacity this stadium?
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:41 AM   #1007
MysteryMike
BANNED

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 5th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:52 AM   #1008
MysteryMike
BANNED

Australian football chief Frank Lowy said that he fully expects his country to win the FIFA vote to host the 2022 World Cup because their bid is the best.

"I believe Australia has the best bid, I know we have the best bid," he told a Sydney business lunch on Friday.

"I know we have convinced many of the FIFA executive committee that we have the best bid.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp...67ff57e4ad.911
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:09 PM   #1009
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyalex View Post
Wow look nice
What Capacity this stadium?
The initial build is for 25k - this will be extended however for the Comm Games and the WC (if successful) to 40-50k
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:15 PM   #1010
magic_johnson

Likes (Received): 3

Beats skilled park

http://goldcoastfc.com.au/news-and-media/the-stadium/
http://www.goldcoastfc.com.au/the-cl...rate-packages/
magic_johnson no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #1011
AndreasBerlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Wow! that is really interesting. I would love to see some sort of partnership between Australia and Germany to expand sports science. In fact I am sure many other countries would want to do the same
AndreasBerlin no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:50 PM   #1012
crazyalex

Likes (Received): 19

Thank
crazyalex no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:56 PM   #1013
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreasBerlin View Post
Wow! that is really interesting. I would love to see some sort of partnership between Australia and Germany to expand sports science. In fact I am sure many other countries would want to do the same
Yep, that's my club and we had all sorts of problems with the medical staff over the last decade or so, key players being injured at really important times and a lot of fantastic players that we brought in, just had their careers pretty much ended by injury at the club. The doctors just weren't producing the right results and Rafa Benitez who was the ex-manager of Liverpool, decided to bring the Australian doctor in and things are improving at least on the injury front. I have no doubt if we had this doctor at Liverpool, we would have already had a premier league trophy in the cabinet, but this season in terms of on field performances, they need considerable improvement to get anywhere near that, although a 3-1 Europa league win certainly bolstered the spirits.
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:05 PM   #1014
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

1.00 AUD = 1.01295 USD
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 01:57 PM   #1015
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

and that has what bearing on the World Cup?

...but yes I'm going to a parity party right now.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 02:02 PM   #1016
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
and that has what bearing on the World Cup?

...but yes I'm going to a parity party right now.
It shows ,in a very instant way just how much the Australian economy is booming,compared to our competitors
Apparently our biggest mining boom since the 19th century

Lowy praises 'miraculous' Aussie economy Doug Conway, Senior Correspondent
November 5, 2010 - 5:44PM
AAP

Australia's richest man is as upbeat about the nation's economy as he is about hosting football's World Cup.

Describing Australia's economic performance as "nothing short of miraculous", Frank Lowy predicted a glowing future for a nation in the right place - Asia - at the right time.

Days after announcing a major restructure of his Westfield shopping centre empire, the multibillionaire said Australia had not only survived but thrived through three major external shocks - the Asian financial crisis of 1997-98, the dotcom bust of 2001 and the 2007 global financial crisis.

"In large part the ability to withstand such enormous shocks is due to the quality of our institutions - our Treasury, the Reserve Bank and the banking system generally," said Lowy, a former Reserve Bank board member.

"But we also need to acknowledge a bit of good luck in all of this - the resources boom, for example, has played its part, particularly in the past few years," he told a business audience which included fellow billionaire James Packer.

While the world's advanced economies were shrinking last year - the US by 2.6 per cent, Europe by over four per cent and the UK and Japan by around five per cent - Australia's was growing by 1.2 per cent.

The International Monetary Funded had predicted those advanced economies would grow next year by two per cent, against Australia's 3.5 per cent.

Unemployment in Australia was around five per cent - much lower than in Europe, Britain and the US.

"For much of the developed world the post-GFC reality is shaping up as an uncomfortable place of lower growth, higher unemployment and more debt," Mr Lowy said.

"For Australia the future looks much brighter.

"We are a big winner from the mining boom, and this is driving an investment boom.

"We are now a high-investment economy.

"Australia is in the right place now, at the right time, and our trade profile is linked to some of the world's most dynamic economies in Asia."

"I'm not saying absolutely everything is rosy," said Mr Lowy.

"The scale and surprise of the GFC shocked us all, so we should remind ourselves to be realistic at all times and not take the good times for granted.

"But, all said, Australia is in great shape, and if we continue to manage things well there is no reason we can't improve on our current position over the next few years."

Mr Lowy, head of Football Federation Australia, also predicted success in the nation's bid to host the 2022 World Cup, to be decided by world body FIFA in Zurich next month.

http://news.theage.com.au/breaking-n...105-17hbw.html
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:50 PM   #1017
MysteryMike
BANNED

LESS than a month away from the decision to award the hosting rights for the 2022 World Cup, Football Federation Australia chairman Frank Lowy ''believes'' Australia will win the race - and is planning for the Socceroos to make the final.

''I believe Australia has the best bid for '22,'' he said yesterday. ''I know we have the best bid. I know we have convinced many of the FIFA executive committee that we have the best bid. Will we have the critical 13 of the 24 needed to win it? In my heart, I really believe so. But I've been around for a long time, and I know that it's not over until the fat lady sings.''

Speaking at the inaugural Sydney FC in Business lunch, attended by 350 leading corporate identities from around the country, he used the opportunity to spruik the benefits of getting involved in football and encouraged those present to open their hearts - and wallets - to see the game fulfil its promise.

And Lowy hopes to give them something back by not only winning the bid for 2022, but having the Socceroos reach the final that very year.

''I want to do both. Of course we are preparing if we win, or when we win, that we will have a team that will at least be able to participate in the final of the World Cup in 2022,'' he said.

What Australia can offer is something that no other country can offer: where we are located, what we do and how we do it.''

Asked about what his trump card was, Lowy said there was nothing he personally had - only something greater. "Australia is my trump card," he said. ''I couldn't have a better answer than that.''

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/football...105-17hgp.html

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 5th, 2010 at 11:58 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 12:43 AM   #1018
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old November 6th, 2010, 03:10 AM   #1019
Trelawny
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Where are you from? Jamaica? That would explain the fact that you've been with women 'from all colors of the rainbow'.
Yes I'am Jamaican. Between living in the caribbean and living in Toronto I have seen most of the goodies the worlds women can offer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
More importantly, where are you from? By the looks of it, you can't decide whether you're from a Carribean or African nation or Israel... Lol
Born Jamaica now live Toronto. Israel wtf u smoking??

I see Mystery Mike is a douche bag.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:54 AM   #1020
jacoboy7

Quote:
Yes I'am Jamaican. Between living in the caribbean and living in Toronto I have seen most of the goodies the worlds women can offer.
Wtf does that have to do with the price of bread.

We don't care how many different ethnicities you've been with, and how many you've done.

Infact why are you even telling us?

"Scientists discover the Unknown, Architects design the Unique, Engineers create the previously Impossible"

jacoboy7 no está en línea  

Closed Thread