daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 12th, 2010, 06:16 AM   #1081
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Right keep it low key, I have understood however Australia have an amazing final bid presentation coming up.
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2010, 08:13 AM   #1082
Solopop
Solopop

Likes (Received): 99

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
I grew up in Qatar unlike yourself bigot and what I said was 100% FACT unlike the garbage clueless rubbish that you post around. I suggest trying to get a life outside of being a troll with multiple accounts.
Sweet mate, where'd you get tha line from? Retards Guide to the Internet?
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:19 AM   #1083
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Right keep it low key, I have understood however Australia have an amazing final bid presentation coming up.
Should be great infact
I noticed an Australian is producing the Doha presentation

Hopefully ExCo never see it
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:20 AM   #1084
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronaugi1 View Post
Prime Minister and Sports Minister Mark Arbib.
Would definitely prefer the previous combination.
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #1085
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
Zidan:
Not long now till we get a chance to see how good this bloke is.Get big Ogg onto him
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:36 AM   #1086
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solopop View Post
Sweet mate, where'd you get tha line from? Retards Guide to the Internet?
Wow what a brilliant line I think the below line says more than enough about your bigotry Like I said I grew up in Qatar, you are nothing more than a bigot and btw for your information no one buys that Melbourne or for that matter any city in Australia is the sporting capital of anywhere either, rest of the world just laughs at you Australia deserves to host the world cup because it has done everything required to do so and will be a worth winner of the 2022 bid. BTW How are the locusts going for you these days?

Quote:
Doha, Dubai, Abu Dhabi all have no history and are holes.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:39 AM   #1087
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
Wow what a brilliant line I think the below line says more than enough about your bigotry Like I said I grew up in Qatar, you are nothing more than a bigot and btw for your information no one buys that Melbourne or for that matter any city in Australia is the sporting capital of anywhere either, rest of the world just laughs at you Australia deserves to host the world cup because it has done everything required to do so and will be a worth winner of the 2022 bid. BTW How are the locusts going for you these days?
Yeah, sweet mate.

You're really are an embaressment to this forum, I really can't wait to see you go.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:41 AM   #1088
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, sweet mate.

You're really are an embaressment to this forum, I really can't wait to see you go.
It'd help if you could actually spell embarrassment first of all. But I love it how you call other places holes when you live in one yourself.
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:45 AM   #1089
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Yeah, sweet mate.

maybe he and Matt Lowry can write lists together
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #1090
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
It'd help if you could actually spell embarrassment first of all. But I love it how you call other places holes when you live in one yourself.
Yeah, Melbourne is such a hole. I mean we've only been voted one of the worlds most liveable cities how many times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
maybe he and Matt Lowry can write lists together
Haha, I suppose waqif can join them aswell.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:50 AM   #1091
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Thread should be locked for now and cleaned up.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 09:56 AM   #1092
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Yeah, Melbourne is such a hole. I mean we've only been voted one of the worlds most liveable cities how many times?
By who people from melbourne with inferior complex syndrome because they are so far below the rest of the planet?
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:04 AM   #1093
Solopop
Solopop

Quote:
By who people from melbourne with inferior complex syndrome because they are so far below the rest of the planet?
Yep, they're all done in Melbourne and so is everything else in the world.
Solopop no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:14 AM   #1094
Qatar Son 333
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Thread should be locked for now and cleaned up.
Agree.
Qatar Son 333 no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:23 AM   #1095
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Agree.
I'm sorry did you say something? I think you're going to miss your driving trip along the corniche.
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:42 AM   #1096
MysteryMike
BANNED

I thought these statements were extremely interesting, I think Franz Beckenbauer said something similar just recently about the value of hosting a world cup in Australia because it's not just a country, it's a continent. Obviously there are key figures within FIFA who see Australia as the gaping hole in FIFA's world map.

"You can say we've been to Asia for the World Cup but Australia is something very special because it is quite a continent in itself," he said."I think it would be a wonderful achievement if this can happen."

Australia are in a group of nations bidding for the 2018 tournament along with England, Russia and the United States. But any simultaneous announcement means that if Australia miss out on 2018, they will have an increased chance of becoming hosts four years later.

"There is a European thinking in football by saying we are the owners of football because we have the best players but they have the best players because they have the highest amount of money," Blatter said. "This does not say that the executive committee of Fifa shall have an inter-continental approach.

"That's why in the first we went to Africa (for the 2010 tournament in South Africa)."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ls/7418532.stm
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:49 AM   #1097
Dimethyltryptamine

Likes (Received): 6445

Quote:
Australia are in a group of nations bidding for the 2018 tournament along with England, Russia and the United States
wut?

Edit: Nvm...

"Page last updated at 13:32 GMT, Saturday, 24 May 2008 14:32 UK"
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 10:58 AM   #1098
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Thats wishful.

Australia is certainly capable and at some point should host the WC, but pull is nowhere near as strong as the pull to go to Africa, a continent of lots of countries, with a huge interest in football.

There is no pull for wanting to go to a time zone thats not really ideal.

I'd like Australia to win 2022, but it will be because it is a safe and trusted major events country with an incredible track record.

In terms of money, it may be slightly tough to overcome the 2018 England FIFA profits, but, it would certainly come close, so the money argument goes out the door.

We heard for years that South Africa would not be financially successful for FIFA, yet its FIFA's most profitable world cup ever, $3.5 billion compared to $2.8 billion in Germany 2006.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:09 AM   #1099
Lord David

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar Son 333 View Post
Agree.
Hmmm... same could be said about that Qatar WC page?
Lord David no está en línea  
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:12 AM   #1100
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
We heard for years that South Africa would not be financially successful for FIFA, yet its FIFA's most profitable world cup ever, $3.5 billion compared to $2.8 billion in Germany 2006.
Thanks for that Mo-I will be using that little fact time and time again
btw-got the bafana bafana shirt on atm and

Time for our former National coach singing the anthem
_X_ no está en línea  

Closed Thread