daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM   #1141
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by T74 View Post
I just have one thing to say to that
You live in one of the world's biggest dumps?, yeah I thought so. I mean the apocalypse can't be too far away for you and your hell hole.
MysteryMike no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #1142
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
I bet there were plenty of people doubting whether the Socceroos would be top 100 material once upon a time. If you work out the predicted position for the Australian team in 2012, it comes out as the number 9 team on the planet.
on what basis do you make that?

you cannot track sporting performance as a constant growth curve, its dependent upon retirements bring the side down, juniors stepping up, injuries, and the improving performance of the core of the squad. Add to that who you play against, who other countries play against, and so on.

We are so far from being a top 10 side its not funny
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 12:44 PM   #1143
T74

Quote:
You live in one of the world's biggest dumps?, yeah I thought so. I mean the apocalypse can't be too far away for you and your hell hole.
why? because I am not deluded, spouting crap on forums, and pissing off people in general by being a troll and posting the same youtube clips over and over and over again?

its one thing to be supportive of your country. its another to spout deluded hope and fantasy as fact
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:00 PM   #1144
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
why? because I am not deluded, spouting crap on forums, and pissing off people in general by being a troll and posting the same youtube clips over and over and over again?

its one thing to be supportive of your country. its another to spout deluded hope and fantasy as fact
I think the only deluded hope or fantasy is your statements on where you live, it must be extremely hard to face reality.
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM   #1145
T74

Quote:
I think the only deluded hope or fantasy is your statements on where you live, it must be extremely hard to face reality.
what that I live in Melbourne? Just because I live in Melbourne doesn't mean I have to be some zealot about the Australian bid. I'm realistic, which means I respect the US bid for what it is, a very good bid, and admit that our team is far from being a top 10 team - because its not.

even more embarrassing is the notion you have that you have to be a troll to be an Australian, I hope the other posters don't believe you are indicative of those who live here
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:39 PM   #1146
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 01:47 PM   #1147
T74

well said Brian Mannix
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:07 PM   #1148
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

As far as the FIFA rankings go, they are not really that accurate anyway. I mean USA were something stupid like 5th or 6th or some shit leading up to Germany 2006.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:28 PM   #1149
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
As far as the FIFA rankings go, they are not really that accurate anyway. I mean USA were something stupid like 5th or 6th or some shit leading up to Germany 2006.
They are a guide only.

Since their introduction in 1992, the FIFA World Rankings have been the matter of much debate, particularly regarding the calculation procedure and the resulting disparity between generally perceived quality and world ranking of some teams. For example Norway was ranked second in October 1993 and July–August 1995,[5] and the United States reached fourth in 2006, to the surprise of even their own players.[6] However, criticism regarding the unrealistic ranking continued even after the introduction of the new formula, with Israel's climb to 15th in November 2008 raising a few eyebrows even in the Israeli press,[7][8][9] with Israel missing a huge opportunity to break in the top 10 after conceding a last gasp equaliser against Latvia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_World_Rankings

Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:55 PM   #1150
_X_

Actually better on ELO
Oz-18

Egypt 17,Japan 19,USA 25
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:13 PM   #1151
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
what that I live in Melbourne? Just because I live in Melbourne doesn't mean I have to be some zealot about the Australian bid. I'm realistic, which means I respect the US bid for what it is, a very good bid, and admit that our team is far from being a top 10 team - because its not.

even more embarrassing is the notion you have that you have to be a troll to be an Australian, I hope the other posters don't believe you are indicative of those who live here
Buddy I ain't the one punching out lines Melbourne is the best city in the world, it's NOT. Australia is the best country in the world, it's NOT. Australia has no cities in even the world's top 30 cities. I couldn't give a toss about Australia, neither could the rest of the world but Australia does deserve to host the world cup in 2022 because Australia has achieved everything that is required to do so in adverse conditions. Australia will never have a better opportunity to do so. It's main opponents are firstly a bankrupt, economically on the brink, shattered nation, who has hosted the world cup previously and a nation lacking any football worth what so ever who is hoping to bribe everyone to get it because that is their only hope.

Australia deserves to host the world cup in 2022 and it will be a fantastic world cup for all the fans because of the multitude of tourist/hospitality venues and destinations that Australia has to offer. Australia will be a top 10 nation in world football, because football is about more than individuals, it's about a team, a concept which a variety of teams struggle with. Australia is more of a unit, than almost any team on the planet. Whether you see it or not, I do not care. As far I can see you are an embarrassment to Australia, a maggot constantly trying to sell the US over Australia. Merely a US ass kisser, just like your hopeless government, when you should be strengthening ties with China instead. I'd say Australia's main challenger will be Qatar, if they are not eliminated thanks to the vote rigging scandal. Anyway you can keep blowing the US bid all you like, as far as I am concerned Australia is in a fantastic position right now and best of luck to your US bid which you love oh so much.
Old November 15th, 2010, 05:21 PM   #1152
Gondolier

you wish!!
Gondolier no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 07:09 PM   #1153
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1111

Quote:
Buddy I ain't the one punching out lines Melbourne is the best city in the world, it's NOT. Australia is the best country in the world, it's NOT. Australia has no cities in even the world's top 30 cities. I couldn't give a toss about Australia, neither could the rest of the world but Australia does deserve to host the world cup in 2022 because Australia has achieved everything that is required to do so in adverse conditions. Australia will never have a better opportunity to do so. It's main opponents are firstly a bankrupt, economically on the brink, shattered nation, who has hosted the world cup previously and a nation lacking any football worth what so ever who is hoping to bribe everyone to get it because that is their only hope.

Australia deserves to host the world cup in 2022 and it will be a fantastic world cup for all the fans because of the multitude of tourist/hospitality venues and destinations that Australia has to offer. Australia will be a top 10 nation in world football, because football is about more than individuals, it's about a team, a concept which a variety of teams struggle with. Australia is more of a unit, than almost any team on the planet. Whether you see it or not, I do not care. As far I can see you are an embarrassment to Australia, a maggot constantly trying to sell the US over Australia. Merely a US ass kisser, just like your hopeless government, when you should be strengthening ties with China instead. I'd say Australia's main challenger will be Qatar, if they are not eliminated thanks to the vote rigging scandal. Anyway you can keep blowing the US bid all you like, as far as I am concerned Australia is in a fantastic position right now and best of luck to your US bid which you love oh so much.
I thought you were an Aussie.
What a relief to know you aren't.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 08:16 PM   #1154
RobH

Likes (Received): 10338

Yeah Walbanger, he's one of ours sadly.
RobH no está en línea  
Old November 15th, 2010, 10:59 PM   #1155
T74

Quote:

couple of things:

1) look at my previous posts on my guesses for voting. I have Qatar getting through to the final round (assuming they hold their bloc), which means it is between us and the USA IMO for the second last elimination.

2) i defend the USA bid because it is a good bid, again I criticized the Qatar bid because of concerns on the country being able to absorb the tourist population it must, and heat management. Just because I want Australia to win it doesn't make the USA bid weak, it just means we have a bigger challenge to win the thing (as I have posted an several occasions previously).

3) what do our ties with China have to do with the WC bid? Also I do appreciate your heads up though on Australia strengthening ties with China. This had never occurred to me even though my job has been 100% focused on China for the past 4 years, I travel there several times annually, I studied Chinese language and culture for 4 years, and my wife is a PRC citizen.

4) "your government", "I couldn't give a toss about Australia" - I assume this means you are not Australian? You have no idea how happy this makes me if true
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:19 AM   #1156
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:

1) look at my previous posts on my guesses for voting. I have Qatar getting through to the final round (assuming they hold their bloc), which means it is between us and the USA IMO for the second last elimination.

2) i defend the USA bid because it is a good bid, again I criticized the Qatar bid because of concerns on the country being able to absorb the tourist population it must, and heat management. Just because I want Australia to win it doesn't make the USA bid weak, it just means we have a bigger challenge to win the thing (as I have posted an several occasions previously).
1) The USA bid could possibly be eliminated in the very 1st round of voting.

2) The USA bid is not a good bid. It loses marks as a multiple host (the US has not embraced football or achieved anything of worth in football either like previous multi-hosts). I know people love giving Qatar hell about their security but in Qatar you can leave your door open and sleep at night, nobody is going to come in and take your stuff and rape your wife. I can't remember anyone trying to put bombs in Qatar. Qatar is a first time host, just as Australia is and they are the richest country on the planet per person, Australia has the best economy in the developed world. Australia has the tourist destinations, Qatar is extremely limited in what they can offer but they can create artificial ones. The US bid is based on private investment claiming they can fund the whole bid without taxpayer input. This is based on the most minute changes to infrastructure, FIFA have already found holes in that analysis. Then on top of this who is to say in 12 years, whether these companies will even be around to fund the US bid? It's a massive risk for FIFA to undertake. FIFA are not idiots, most of these guys may have played football but they are also businessmen. They have degrees, they know the economics involved and the risks to FIFA supporting a nation who is on the brink of financial insolvency. Then the US government may have to step in, but by 2022 who knows whether the US will have to make such drastic cutbacks that the total world cup hosting could be under threat. Australia has bi-partisan support with it's government and Qatar has the king himself and his family (should he not be there by 2022). Australia and Qatar are way safer for FIFA than the US. The tea party brigade invasion of US politics is also causing an extreme destabalisation of the entire country. But you don't see that do you? You live in your land of the fairies Melbourne is the best world. It's time to see the facts.
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:30 AM   #1157
MysteryMike
BANNED

http://www.visionofhumanity.org/gpi-data/#/2010/scor
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:34 AM   #1158
Trelawny
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will737 View Post
Wow. Australia is above USA for the first time ever in ranking history.
Egypt 4 Australia 0

USA 2 South Africa 1

USA goes up Australia goes down.
Trelawny no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:58 AM   #1159
Snorky33

Likes (Received): 3

This is only my opinon...as it's quite obvious that the 2018 SWC it going to be either England or Russia, i think that Australia will be the favourites to host the 2022 SWC. BIG BUT we all agree that it should be Australia to be fair, but you and i know since when has FIFA ever been fair quite natually they'll be warming to the US, because people where FIFA are concerned it all about...MONEY!
Snorky33 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1160
Will737

Likes (Received): 36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Egypt 4 Australia 0
Dear god you are dumb. Try posting something that isn't bashing a country for no reason you twit.
Will737 no está en línea  

Closed Thread