daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Stadiums and Sport Arenas

Stadiums and Sport Arenas » Completed | Under Construction | Proposed | Demolished

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Closed Thread

Old November 16th, 2010, 07:01 AM   #1161
_X_

Likes (Received): 510

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelawny View Post
Egypt 4 Australia 0

USA 2 South Africa 1

USA goes up Australia goes down.
Not in time for official rankings

I should have a word to our government about cutting the incredible amount of funding that we give to the Caribbean if we lose the bid
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2010, 07:11 AM   #1162
_X_

Today is THE day
5 years exactly

Will get myself in sync tonight:p
Approx times for prosperity
8pm start-beer o'clock
8.35pm-Bresciano's goal-beer o'clock

Penalties

10.46-Schwarzer second save Zalayetta-beer o'clock
10.47-
Valcke-"Qatar bought World Cup",Platini-" We can't air condition the beaches and the streets in Qatar",Chuck Blazer-"you can't air condition a whole country",Phillip Lahm-"Qatar decision'madness' ",Wenger-" Winter World Cup Would Cause Problems Between Clubs, Countries And FIFA"
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:50 AM   #1163
T74

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
1) The USA bid could possibly be eliminated in the very 1st round of voting.

2) The USA bid is not a good bid. It loses marks as a multiple host (the US has not embraced football or achieved anything of worth in football either like previous multi-hosts). I know people love giving Qatar hell about their security but in Qatar you can leave your door open and sleep at night, nobody is going to come in and take your stuff and rape your wife. I can't remember anyone trying to put bombs in Qatar. Qatar is a first time host, just as Australia is and they are the richest country on the planet per person, Australia has the best economy in the developed world. Australia has the tourist destinations, Qatar is extremely limited in what they can offer but they can create artificial ones. The US bid is based on private investment claiming they can fund the whole bid without taxpayer input. This is based on the most minute changes to infrastructure, FIFA have already found holes in that analysis. Then on top of this who is to say in 12 years, whether these companies will even be around to fund the US bid? It's a massive risk for FIFA to undertake. FIFA are not idiots, most of these guys may have played football but they are also businessmen. They have degrees, they know the economics involved and the risks to FIFA supporting a nation who is on the brink of financial insolvency. Then the US government may have to step in, but by 2022 who knows whether the US will have to make such drastic cutbacks that the total world cup hosting could be under threat. Australia has bi-partisan support with it's government and Qatar has the king himself and his family (should he not be there by 2022). Australia and Qatar are way safer for FIFA than the US. The tea party brigade invasion of US politics is also causing an extreme destabalisation of the entire country. But you don't see that do you? You live in your land of the fairies Melbourne is the best world. It's time to see the facts.
I cannot believe how many factual errors you can jam into one post
T74 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:27 AM   #1164
Walbanger

Likes (Received): 1103

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnceBittenTwiceShy View Post
MysteryMike and Gondolier, both boasting the mental agility of a rocking chair, are in fact embedded default viruses, enrolling as a bonus when installing the free software version of SkyScraperCity.

If you register and upgrade to SkyScraperCity 2.0 like I have, you'll notice the subtle difference.

Have I argued why I have a soft spot for Australia hosting 2022 for the right reasons? Yes I have, without defaming and degrading the USA bid.

The one thing only I'm concerned about is the infamous didgeridoo issue really. One of the reasons bag-piping Scotland should never host a World Cup and South Africa will always be remembered for for the wrong reaons.
lol you're one funny guy.
If I can ease your concerns about the Didgeridoo it's a hell of a lot harder to play than a Vuvuzela. No one will bother.
Walbanger no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:32 AM   #1165
_X_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
Yes,almost has an Oz sense of humour
Definitely one of my favourite posters in this sub forum
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:24 PM   #1166
RobH

Likes (Received): 10325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walbanger View Post
If I can ease your concerns about the Didgeridoo it's a hell of a lot harder to play than a Vuvuzela. No one will bother.
Besides, Australia has promised to run what they're calling the Didgeridoo? Just Didgeridon't campaign to educate all the Bruces and Sheilas who might be tempted to sneak one into a stadium.
RobH está en línea ahora  
Old November 16th, 2010, 12:49 PM   #1167
_X_

Wobbleboard ftw

_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 02:46 PM   #1168
Bolsilludo
Yo ♥ Europa & Cono Sur

Likes (Received): 4861

Uruguay 3 - Australia 0
Intercontinental Play-off for the 2002 Korea-Japan FIFA World Cup
Uruguay qualify!!!

CONO SUR
CHILE - ARGENTINA - URUGUAY
Bolsilludo no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:11 PM   #1169
MysteryMike
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

MysteryMike no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:26 PM   #1170
MysteryMike
BANNED

Seems like Australia is fielding a much weaker squad against Egypt to test out new players, no Kewell, Kennedy, Grella and Bresciano

SIGHTSEEING is off the agenda for the Socceroos in Cairo, but that won't stop Scott McDonald trying to dig up something priceless in Egypt.

The Australian striker plans on meddling with the Pharaohs in Thursday morning's friendly in Cairo in a bid to end his international goal-scoring curse.

McDonald has not netted in 19 outings for the Socceroos.

The clash against world No. 11 Egypt is Australia's last hit-out before the squad is named for January's Asian Cup in Qatar.

With Harry Kewell and Josh Kennedy missing another national team trip because of fitness worries, the former Celtic marksman can be forgiven for thinking his luck is already turning.

The Middlesbrough forward snapped a 13-match goalless streak in the English championship last week and is likely to shade Richard Garcia for the starting place alongside Tim Cahill.

Socceroos coach Holger Osieck said the 27-year-old must not be judged solely on his barren goal-scoring chart.

"The predicament is that a striker always get measured by the number of goals he has scored," Osieck said.

"That is fair enough, but that is for the public. As a coach I want him to score, no doubt about it, but I look at how he completes what I ask of him tactically."

Another position up for grabs is captain Lucas Neill's partner in the centre of defence. After Craig Moore's retirement, Osieck has tried Matthew Spiranovic (hamstring), Jon McKain (twisted ankle) and Jade North.

Former Adelaide defender Sasa Ognenovski is in line to earn his first cap after leading Korean side Seongnam Ilhwa Chunma to victory in last week's Asian Champions League final.

The Egyptians may have lost their most recent match 1-0 at 100th-ranked Niger, but they enjoy a formidable record in their capital.

They have not lost in their past 14 encounters in Cairo, the most recent defeat a 2-0 loss to Argentina in June 2008.

Osieck also took a pot shot at Guus Hiddink-coached Turkey after its capture of Australian-born defender Ersan Gulum.

The former Olyroo was called up by Hiddink to a 24-man squad for Turkey's friendly against Holland.

If former Melburnian Gulum, 23, plays against the Dutch, he would be unable to turn out for the Socceroos.

Gulum has recently broken into the first-team at leading Istanbul club Besiktas and cemented a spot in defence.

Australian officials apparently spoke to Gulum before he decided to switch to the nation of his parents' birth.

"Four weeks ago, no one talks about him, he did not play and now suddenly he becomes the object of desire," Osieck said.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/so...-1225954618970
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:32 PM   #1171
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Today is THE day
5 years exactly

Will get myself in sync tonight:p
Approx times for prosperity
8pm start-beer o'clock
8.35pm-Bresciano's goal-beer o'clock

Penalties

10.46-Schwarzer second save Zalayetta-beer o'clock
10.47-
Will you be visiting the site as well?
Old November 16th, 2010, 04:54 PM   #1172
_X_

Not unless I get on a plane
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 05:19 PM   #1173
MysteryMike
BANNED

Right. Good news for Australia, looks like Harry Kewell will be available for the game. But Kennedy, Bresciano and Grella are out.

HARRY Kewell lasted just 55 minutes in Galatasaray's 2-0 loss in a Turkish league match on Sunday. But there are no fears the star attacking player will miss the Socceroos' international friendly against Egypt in Cairo on Thursday morning (AEDT). Playing his first starting game for the club in the league in five weeks, Kewell was subbed for tactical reasons by coach Gheorghe Hagi as the Turkish giant dropped its sixth game of the season to slump to an embarrassing 10th spot on the table.It was only Kewell's third match back from yet another injury setback.

He came on as a 60th-minute substitute last week and played 70 minutes in a Turkish Cup match midweek.He has now managed a total of 155 minutes since missing successive games for Gala after returning to Turkey following the Socceroos friendly against Paraguay last month. Despite the prospect of four games in such a short space of time, he is expected to be named in Australia's starting line-up for the game against the team rated 11 in the world. With a number of players due to arrive in Cairo in dribs and drabs, Socceroos officials were waiting last night for confirmation regarding the injury status of the 20-man squad. It is understood, however, that coach Holger Osieck will not call in any replacements in the event of a late injury.

The Egypt game is considered pivotal in Australia's lead-up to the Asian Cup finals in Qatar in January. The team will have only one more game -- against the United Arab Emirates -- to prepare. Australia, ranked 21 in the world, will go into the game against the Egyptians with a number of players in top form, notably midfielder Tim Cahill and goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer. Meanwhile, in-form A-League midfielder Matt McKay insists he's not going to Egypt to make up the numbers and wants an Asian Cup berth. McKay, who has been pivotal in Brisbane Roar's march to the top of the table, has made the past two squads under Osieck.

He is one of four A-League players in a full-strength squad. The Brisbane-raised 27-year-old's workrate and consistency have impressed a succession of coaches since his junior days. "It's huge to make the Asian Cup squad and I want to be involved with that," McKay said. "Obviously there's more opportunities that come in a 20-man squad, so I'll go over there and hopefully get some minutes and play well."

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...-1225954053346

Last edited by MysteryMike; November 16th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
Old November 16th, 2010, 10:46 PM   #1174
T74

To prove the immortal nation of Egypt is better than that upstart Qatar, OnceBitten is introducing revolutionary cooling technology at the Egyptian friendly in what will be a FIFA first.

T74 no está en línea  
Old November 16th, 2010, 11:40 PM   #1175
Wezza
©

Likes (Received): 968

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysteryMike View Post
Right. Good news for Australia, looks like Harry Kewell will be available for the game. But Kennedy, Bresciano and Grella are out.
Having Grella in the squad wouldn't be a plus anyway, he's been a liability ever since the World Cup in Germany. I'm glad he isn't there.
Wezza no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 01:46 AM   #1176
_X_

Should be a great match.$8 usd entry
_X_ no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 03:57 AM   #1177
MysteryMike
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by _X_ View Post
Should be a great match.$8 usd entry
You mean aud, anyway Australia is set to receive a glowing technical report from FIFA. What is your famous line?

image hosted on flickr
Old November 17th, 2010, 05:15 AM   #1178
MysteryMike
BANNED

Old November 17th, 2010, 09:12 AM   #1179
Mo Rush

Likes (Received): 74

Near flawless evaluation of Australia's WC bid of Australia 2022.
Mo Rush no está en línea  
Old November 17th, 2010, 09:53 AM   #1180
T74

Have to admit I'm pleasantly surprised Mo, thought we would at least go down a notch on stadium (just on the rectangular thing), but it looks like the temporary stands are enough to satisfy the tech committee.

Be interesting to see the details, but a good outcome for Australia
T74 no está en línea  

Closed Thread