daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > North East England > Sunderland and Durham

Sunderland and Durham For Sunderland, Washington, County Durham

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:00 AM   #1
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

Likes (Received): 20

Sunderland AFC

You just know that when things are going so well and we seem on the verge of a good run (in the Prem) that a game like this weekends against Birmingham City will end in defeat.

Not sure who should come in to replace Cattermole? Think Bruce will go for Henderson and id probably agree with that choice. There's also Zenden and Richardson too.

Any other season ticket holders on here?

So far only two results that are dissapointing (in bold)....

Bolton 0-1 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea
Sunderland 2-1 Blackburn
Stoke 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 4-1 Hull City
Burnley 3-1 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-2 Wolves
Man Utd 2-2 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool

Sponsored Links

Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:35 AM   #2
Irish Blood English Heart
Letting off the happiness

Likes (Received): 135

I'm not a season ticket holder (due to work commitments) but I've been to every home match so far this season.

Was absolutely brilliant on Saturday and am looking forward to the West Ham game next Saturday too (which might have to be my last for a while). I think Henderson will replace Cattermole in the short term, but he'll be a big miss against Spurs and Arsenal in particular.
Irish Blood English Heart no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 12:47 AM   #3
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

I now feel confident we can beat anyone at home this season. And the best thing is that we seem to be trying to play good football, rather than just long ball ,Apart from maybe Stoke away and some other times during matches. But it's evident that Bruce wants us to play good passing football.
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:19 AM   #4
maxtoon
Southeast Geordie

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterock85 View Post
You just know that when things are going so well and we seem on the verge of a good run (in the Prem) that a game like this weekends against Birmingham City will end in defeat.

Not sure who should come in to replace Cattermole? Think Bruce will go for Henderson and id probably agree with that choice. There's also Zenden and Richardson too.

Any other season ticket holders on here?

So far only two results that are dissapointing (in bold)....

Bolton 0-1 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-3 Chelsea
Sunderland 2-1 Blackburn
Stoke 1-0 Sunderland
Sunderland 4-1 Hull City
Burnley 3-1 Sunderland
Sunderland 5-2 Wolves
Man Utd 2-2 Sunderland
Sunderland 1-0 Liverpool
season ticket holder here .. but NUFC im afraid !

You're certainly having a good season guys. I think i'd rather watch you than our shower of crap atm. Here's hoping we don't draw you in the cup this season .. you'd tear us apart on our current form

Anyway, I hope you stick it up the brummies on Saturday
maxtoon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:24 AM   #5
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

And here's me hoping we don't get you in the FA Cup :p
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:34 AM   #6
Dan_NUFC

Likes (Received): 1

Sunderland will finish in the top 8 this season for sure, you have a good squad and a big one at that.

Sadly you lot will be the top dogs in the NE until Mike Ashley goes which doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.

Trust it to be a Geordie to eventually get Sunderland looking good, eh?
Dan_NUFC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2009, 01:38 AM   #7
marrio415

Likes (Received): 9

I'm not a fan of any big club i follow my home town in the the blue square.But i always look out for the sunderland result it's weird i kind of have an affection for the club.I hope they finish top eight or even in the europa leauge places the club deserves european football.
marrio415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 08:36 PM   #8

Typical Sunderland, ruined my weekend that has.
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:04 PM   #9
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Blood English Heart View Post
Typical Sunderland, ruined my weekend that has.
Mine too

We just have to get used these these kind of games. We are a mid table prem side at present, untill we get the consistancy of the top 6 clubs.

Cattermole is vital to our midfield, today showed that.

Roll on the Carling Cup and next saturday against West Ham!
Old October 24th, 2009, 09:18 PM   #10
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 213

Yeah, I believe Sunderland have a good squad (another Mag here), Bruce will and has already shown that he will bring stability. He doesn't always play pretty football, but alot of the times it's effective, and that is exactly what Sunderland needed, especially after the last few years of going up and down, and only just staying up last season. I don't think you will make the 7, but nor do I think you will end up any lower then 14th/15th place. I'm going to predict a 9th place finish for Sunderland.

Newcastle Metro Area

Last edited by bigchrisfgb; October 28th, 2009 at 03:54 AM.
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2009, 11:54 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchrisfgb View Post
Yeah, I Sunderland have a good squad (another Mag here), Bruce will and has already shown that he will bring stability. He doesn't always play pretty football, but alot of the times it's effective, and that is exactly what Sunderland needed, especially after the last few years of going up and down, and only just staying up last season. I don't think you will make the 7, but nor do I think you will end up any lower then 14th/15th place. I'm going to predict a 9th place finish for Sunderland.
Must admit Chris, I saw your name on here and thought you were gonna give us some jip! Very big of you though, and I have to say I agree a lot with what you say, cept I don't think Bruce plays bad football, it's not long ball, more Reid-era fast paced football, on the counter attack, down the wings and crossing it, the way I like to see it played!
Old October 28th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #12
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

Went to the game tonight. Disapointing overall to lose on pens. Our finishing let us down badly.

Lots of positives though: Jordan Henderson and Michael Turner.
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:14 AM   #13
kingdom bhoy

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_NUFC View Post
Sunderland will finish in the top 8 this season for sure, you have a good squad and a big one at that.

Sadly you lot will be the top dogs in the NE until Mike Ashley goes which doesn't look like it's going to be anytime soon.

Trust it to be a Geordie to eventually get Sunderland looking good, eh?

Thought Brucesy was from Northumberland !
kingdom bhoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #14
denm

Likes (Received): 150

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterock85 View Post
Went to the game tonight. Disapointing overall to lose on pens. Our finishing let us down badly.

Lots of positives though: Jordan Henderson and Michael Turner.
The Villa keeper pulled off some great saves, ---that said, --we had a couple of very good chances, --which should have been put away, ----I'm disappointed we got knocked out, ---but I'm not too down hearted by our overall display.
denm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #15
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdom bhoy View Post
Exactly!

Glad to see you decided to join this forum Im Kubicki85 from SMB.
Old October 28th, 2009, 05:11 PM   #16
bigchrisfgb
The Legend

Likes (Received): 213

Quote:
Sort yes and no, Steve Bruce is from Wallsend, which at the time of his birth, and his years grwoing up, was under NCC rule, but now it is currently under North Tyneside rule, which if I'm right, was a part of Northumberland untill the mid 90's. Anyway, Steve Bruce is a Geordie. Which doesn't make any difference, he's still a decent manager.

Newcastle Metro Area
bigchrisfgb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 29th, 2009, 09:55 AM   #17
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchrisfgb View Post
Sort yes and no, Steve Bruce is from Wallsend, which at the time of his birth, and his years grwoing up, was under NCC rule, but now it is currently under North Tyneside rule, which if I'm right, was a part of Northumberland untill the mid 90's. Anyway, Steve Bruce is a Geordie. Which doesn't make any difference, he's still a decent manager.
I have got no issue of where Steve Bruce is from and the bottom line is that he is a quality manager and has proved this in the Premiership, eg at Wigan.

Some NUFC fans seem to get a bit confused with geography as they used to refer to Bobby Robson as a geordie yet he was from Co. Durham !
Old October 29th, 2009, 11:42 PM   #18
horokeio
Ma nishma?

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
I have got no issue of where Steve Bruce is from and the bottom line is that he is a quality manager and has proved this in the Premiership, eg at Wigan.

Some NUFC fans seem to get a bit confused with geography as they used to refer to Bobby Robson as a geordie yet he was from Co. Durham !

Well I was listening to a few of the old timers down my club talking about this very issue at the weekend, and apparently most of them used to regard themselves as Geordies and call themselves Geordies, though they were Barbary Coast and Deptford born and bred. Funny how things quickly seemed to change some time in the late 70s/early 80s. To the 58 million or so people in this country who live outside the north east, we're all Geordies anyway; it's not something I get too bothered about although I did used to (and still) politely correct people when they assume I'm from Newcastle and enquire why they can't tell themselves from my much more refined and easy-on-the-ear accent.

Disappointing about the other night, but at least it looks like Bruce intends to take the cups seriously, not something that can be said for our previous batch of managers nor for many other managers in our league. Bodes well for January and future years. But for now, roll on Saturday and three easy points against the team I'd most like to see relegated.
horokeio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 30th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #19
kingdom bhoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by horokeio View Post
Well I was listening to a few of the old timers down my club talking about this very issue at the weekend, and apparently most of them used to regard themselves as Geordies and call themselves Geordies, though they were Barbary Coast and Deptford born and bred. Funny how things quickly seemed to change some time in the late 70s/early 80s. To the 58 million or so people in this country who live outside the north east, we're all Geordies anyway; it's not something I get too bothered about although I did used to (and still) politely correct people when they assume I'm from Newcastle and enquire why they can't tell themselves from my much more refined and easy-on-the-ear accent.

Disappointing about the other night, but at least it looks like Bruce intends to take the cups seriously, not something that can be said for our previous batch of managers nor for many other managers in our league. Bodes well for January and future years. But for now, roll on Saturday and three easy points against the team I'd most like to see relegated.
I never heard anyone from Sunderland claim to be a geordie, although Steve Howey would be the nearest to it. Always preferred his brother Lee and that famous song !

I don't think the WHU game will be that easy but hopefully 3 points to get us back on track.
Old October 31st, 2009, 11:34 PM   #20
sterock85
www.stafnmar.com

Sunderland 2-2 West Ham (ht:1-2)

Disgusting referee performance today. Delighted we got back into, 2 fingers up at Andre Mariner.

The atmosphere today - Electric. Times like this make me so proud to be a Sunderland supporter. We were that extra man. West Ham fan after the game at the train station said today reminded him why he loved football, "proper fans, fantatsic noise" then said he hadn't heard noise like it when we equalised. cheers!

Negatives, obvously being more players going to be missing games now. And well if only we could have got that winner...

Tags
north east sport