daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 6th, 2017, 07:39 PM   #141
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26129

Suzhou SND Tram 0115 by Howard Pulling, on Flickr

Suzhou SND Tram 0110 by Howard Pulling, on Flickr

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 4th, 2017, 02:02 PM   #142
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

So I got a freaking huge planning map. There are up to 11 urban metro lines planned (although lines 10 and 11 are still stubs), as well as six suburban lines and another metro line running North-South through Kunshan. Most notably two suburban lines will link to other metro systems, line S1 to the already existing Shanghai's line 11 at Huaqiao and line S5 to Wuxi's line S4 out at Zhangjiagang. No line is planned to meet Shanghai line 17, nor hook more directly with Wuxi metro.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dbhaskar, dimlys1994 liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2017, 12:01 AM   #143
Falubaz

Likes (Received): 2940

Show us that map!

₪₪₪Zielona Góra moim okiem₪₪₪ Zielonogórskie autobusy₪₪₪Port Lotniczy ZIElona Góra₪₪₪ BRT₪₪₪ścieżki rowerowe w ZG
₪₪₪[Świat] „Przebłyski pamięci”₪₪₪Moja Ameryka - nie tylko Stany
Falubaz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2017, 09:07 AM   #144
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

Does somebody know, whether tests on tram line 2 have started?
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 12:19 AM   #145
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1142

Personally I like Suzhou tram because of its very modern aerodynamic design, although I don’t know if it run much high speed or not. The rolling stock is almost same as Rabat tram of Morocco.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. Not any websites mention these points. I’m asking these because I want to compare the Suzhou Tram with my city’s Kolkata Tram. Although the main difference is that Suzhou tram is a brand new system, just 2 years old, whereas Kolkata tram is the oldest tram system in Asia which is 144 years old. Here I’m writing—

1) Is there any tram conductor inside tramcars for ticketing? Or tickets should be bought before boarding the tram from tram stations?

2) What kind of ticket they used in tram—simple paper ticket or electronic card?

3) Are other motor vehicles allowed on tram track?

4) Are all stops as tram stations ? Or there are some single unreserved street surface stops? I am writing this because the map of www.urbanrail.net shows that there are some black written stop name, and there are some grey written stop name. What are the difference of those stations? Please explain it.

5) Does the entire route is middle of the road ? Or sometimes on left or right side?

6) Is there any marked seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons inside the tram cars ?

7) Is there any system for monthly tickets and one day unlimited travel tickets ?

8) What are the fares for a single journey?

9) Is there any plan to extend the tram line? If yes, please write some details.

10) Is there any official website about Suzhou tram (especially in English)?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2017, 05:48 PM   #146
CNGL
Leudimin

3) No other vehicles, the line runs on its own ROW.

4) Please note that Urbanrail greys out every tram stop that is not in operation. That being said, all stops are tram stations.

5) This is rare for a Chinese tram (which normally runs in the middle of the road), but there is a section (from the corner of Huashan Lu and Jianlin Lu to the S9 expressway entrance) where the line runs on the left side as seen from Suzhou Leyuan.

9) There are plans not to extend the line itself, but to create a network of six lines in the area. Of those, line 2 is already under test runs and will open before the end of this year, and line 3 is also U/C. There is also another network of 5 lines planned in Taihu Xincheng South of the city.

10) If you have been to Wikipedia, you obviously haven't scrolled to the bottom of the Suzhou Tram article (which also gives out #3). I don't know about the others (but there should have reserved seats), the link (which is the official site) may give them out.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old August 31st, 2017, 01:10 PM   #147
Ashis Mitra

Six lines plan!!!! very good, could anyone post here such a map of those planned lines, (in English it will be better).
Old August 31st, 2017, 01:15 PM   #148
Ashis Mitra

Suzhou metro is a newer metro, but progressing good. In only 5 years, it has 2 lines opened—1 & 2. Comparatively line 2 is more important because this line connects both north and main rail station. Line 1 is also important because it has a tram interchange. One peculiar thing is the elevated section is barricaded by some kind of wall on line 2, probably for preventing noise, but it loses the opportunity to see Suzhou as a bird eye view.

For improvement of our Kolkata metro system, I am comparing some information about Suzhou metro, please answer these questions ( I am asking only those Suzhou Metro related questions which I have not found still in internet)—

1) Is there any system for baggage checking when entering in the station area or platform area?

2) Is drinking water available in station area?

3) Do they play light music in background at station platforms?

4) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons in both platform and inside the metro cars?

5) Is there any entertainment television in platforms?

6) Is photography allowed inside station premises?

7) Do they have all day ticket system i.e. unlimited journey on any metro routes for a day?
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:56 PM   #149
CNGL
Leudimin

Please get updated, I think you have missed one line.
Old September 1st, 2017, 11:20 PM   #150
Ashis Mitra

I have not got the answer
Old September 2nd, 2017, 04:44 PM   #151
CNGL
Leudimin

Well, you said this...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
In only 5 years, it has 2 lines opened—1 & 2.
... and you clearly missed line 4, which was put into service in April. And it wouldn't be the first time you hope for the opening of a line that is already in operation. As for the questions, for number 3, 4 and 6 the same answers I gave for Shanghai apply (and elsewhere in China, so do not ask them again). However if I where to put special seats for ladies I'd put them for gentlemen as well (They are only for elder people, disabled people, and pregnant women, and is the norm around the world).

1) However, unlike in Shanghai (and Beijing) there appears not to be any baggage checking in the stations. I could be wrong, however.

2) Nor appears to be any drinking water. It may be the same all over China. There's a ban on drinking, though.

5) There are. In addition they show the waiting times for the next few trains. This applies all over China.

7) Unlike Shanghai, Suzhou doesn't have an all day pass. If you have searched for it but didn't find it, it doesn't exist.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old October 23rd, 2017, 08:21 AM   #152
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

Hello.

Is there an update on line 2? It is schedule to open in 2017 ... is the testing ongoing? Are there trams regularly on the track?
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 31st, 2017, 07:33 AM   #153
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5752

Although marked on urbanrail as unopened, it seems Pangjin Lu station on line 4 has been open from the start.

http://chuansong.me/n/1709265852225

dimlys1994 liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:31 AM   #154
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Tracklaying has commenced on line 3 of the Suzhou metro.

45 km
37 stations
opening end of 2019

http://sz.sina.com.cn/news/yz/2018-0...l?from=sz_cnxh

http://www.sz-mtr.com/xinwen/toutiao...BA65565E6.html

http://sz.sina.com.cn/news/yz/2018-0...l?from=sz_cnxh

dbhaskar, dimlys1994 liked this post
Old January 12th, 2018, 06:54 PM   #155
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Extension of tram #1 will open for trial operation in April 2018.

http://www.sndtram.com/News/Show.aspx?id=1749

dimlys1994, gao7 liked this post