daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 28th, 2011, 06:51 AM   #121
kofemord
Santiago Rocks
 
kofemord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Rancagua, Chile
Posts: 974
Likes (Received): 148

des moines, iowa

The city proper population was 203,433 at the 2010 census



http://www.deweytube.com/des-moines-used-cars.aspx





http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:De...es_skyline.jpg



http://www.iowadrugrehab.org/des-moines-rehab.html
__________________
CHILE || SANTIAGO

wkiehl101, acy, plantagenet liked this post

Last edited by kofemord; March 28th, 2011 at 07:11 AM.
kofemord no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2011, 02:52 PM   #122
World 2 World
The World @ My Fingertips
 
World 2 World's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 5,629
Likes (Received): 4306

Putrajaya - Malaysia
Population - 70,000


more pic: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...374799&page=21
__________________

plantagenet liked this post
World 2 World no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:20 PM   #123
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

But simply the best skyline for a small city in the entire world is Benidorm, Spain. With no more than 75.000 inhabitants.

28 towers with more than 100m.
42 towers with more than 85m
1 tower with 200m (under construction)










__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815

Sister Ray, jcg96, SASH, Smiazon liked this post
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 04:29 PM   #124
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

Best small city skyline. Only cities under 75k population.

I think there is no competitor for Benidorm, Spain. With a population of less than 75k (73.000 inhabitants) has:

28 towers with more than 100m.
42 towers with more than 85m
1 tower with 200m (under construction)

It's the densest city of La Marina county, with a density of 1895,38 hab./km²

And there goes the pics !











This is the 200m building that is under construction:







For now the tallest is: (Gran Hotel Bali with 187m)





__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815

TowerVerre:) liked this post
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 07:21 PM   #125
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

The mini Hong Kong )

__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:10 PM   #126
Archaean
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Singapore
Posts: 345
Likes (Received): 311

Benidorm is ugly and dirty, and that new tallest building is just hideous.
__________________

bozenBDJ liked this post
Archaean no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:18 PM   #127
Brad
voyageur
 
Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MoscoW, La Habana
Posts: 11,098
Likes (Received): 4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpStyLe4eVeR View Post
I think there is no competitor for Benidorm, Spain. With a population of less than 75k (73.000 inhabitan
La Defense,. 20k inhabitants.

__________________
"Главное - убрать Януковича. Хуже уже не будет" (с)
Украинский бестселлер 2017. "Как потерять друзей и не оказывать никакого влияния"

TowerVerre:), wkiehl101 liked this post
Brad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:23 PM   #128
Victhor
Que paza!!!
 
Victhor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Spain/Shanghai
Posts: 2,502
Likes (Received): 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaean View Post
Benidorm is ugly and dirty, and that new tallest building is just hideous.
Benidorm is not dirty. It's much cleaner than most "world class" cities and much richer cities.
Victhor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2013, 10:47 PM   #129
IngMarco
Registered User
 
IngMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Culiacán
Posts: 4,167
Likes (Received): 2637

Bellevue in Washington is a real beauty.



__________________
IngMarco está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 05:53 AM   #130
Dimethyltryptamine
Registered User
 
Dimethyltryptamine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 12,881
Likes (Received): 6446

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
La Defense,. 20k inhabitants.

Paris - 12,000,000

How few people live in La Defense doesn't matter, as the majority aren't residential buildings anyway and are build due to the clout of the city.
Dimethyltryptamine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 09:45 AM   #131
Brad
voyageur
 
Brad's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: MoscoW, La Habana
Posts: 11,098
Likes (Received): 4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimethyltryptamine View Post
Paris - 12,000,000

How few people live in La Defense doesn't matter, as the majority aren't residential buildings anyway and are build due to the clout of the city.
The unique skyline of Bedinorm is formed by its numerous tall hotels due to tourists
__________________
"Главное - убрать Януковича. Хуже уже не будет" (с)
Украинский бестселлер 2017. "Как потерять друзей и не оказывать никакого влияния"
Brad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 10:13 AM   #132
citypia
future is today.
 
citypia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,031
Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpStyLe4eVeR View Post
I think there is no competitor for Benidorm, Spain. With a population of less than 75k (73.000 inhabitants) has:

28 towers with more than 100m.
42 towers with more than 85m
1 tower with 200m (under construction)

[/IMG]
Benidorm is simply amazing but I have to say this, very sorry.( I really like Benidorm.)
There is a competitor for Benidorm on the other side of this planet.
The name of the competitor is Dongtan city in South Korea.
Dongtan city was built to be compact in limited area to save spaces while increasing green spaces on purpose.

Population of Dongtan : 60,000 (sorry, less than Benidorm's population)

4 towers over 200m already( the tallest - 249m)
around 25 towers over 150m
more than 50 towers over 100m (The most of towers in Dongtan are over 100m)
One tower (275m) is going to being build.
This is a rough DATA for Dongtan.







image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


__________________

TowerVerre:), rockinmoz, Smiazon liked this post

Last edited by citypia; October 25th, 2013 at 08:11 AM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:04 PM   #133
Fakroef
Registered User
 
Fakroef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Porto Alegre/ Goteborg
Posts: 2,016
Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpStyLe4eVeR View Post
I think there is no competitor for Benidorm, Spain. With a population of less than 75k (73.000 inhabitants) has:
Balneário Camboriú - Brazil - 100,000 hab.

image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr






Tallest buildings 164m, Third and Fourth Tallest in the country (Very ugly btw) :

[img]http://t2.************/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrtuB7MiDhr7zEg1jVD9sIA0Fet7x_Ef0wnfVzTEooJocS2-0erw[/img]

U/C:

(SC) Balneário Camboriú | Barra Norte | Infinity Coast | 66 fl | 240m
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1442694

(SC) Balneário Camboriú | Sky Tower | 210 m | 45 fl | FG Empreendimentos

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1598875

(SC) Balneário Camboriú | Yatchouse Residence Club | 227 m | 2x +57 fl| Pasqualotto

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1548410

(SC) Balneário Camboriú | The Tower Residence | 60~70 fl | 265m+ | FG Empreendimentos

(SC) Balneário Camboriú | Barra Sul | Epic Tower| 209 m | 55 fl| Fg

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...ht=vila+serena

The are others over 150m and there's a planned skyscraper with 80 floors, perhaps it will be the first supertall in Brazil!
Fakroef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:08 PM   #134
Fakroef
Registered User
 
Fakroef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Porto Alegre/ Goteborg
Posts: 2,016
Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
Benidorm is simply amazing but I have to say this, very sorry.( I really like Benidorm.)
There is a competitor for Benidorm on the other side of this planet.
The name of the competitor is Dongtan city in South Korea.
Dongtan city was built to be compact in limited area to save spaces while increasing green spaces on purpose.

Population of Dongtan : 60,000 (sorry, less than Benidorm's population)

Cool! never heard of, but this city is in the Seoul region, so its not fair...
Fakroef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:09 PM   #135
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad View Post
The unique skyline of Bedinorm is formed by its numerous tall hotels due to tourists
You have NO IDEA of what's happening in Benidorm.

The tallest buildings are RESIDENTIAL AT FULL TIME. A little bit of them are only hotels, like Hotel Bali, but all the others are residential.

Just like the under construction In Tempo, 30% of buyers are from Alicante. Only 15% are inmigrants/tourists... And a lot of buyers are from Madrid.
__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:12 PM   #136
JuMpStyLe4eVeR
Viva España!
 
JuMpStyLe4eVeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Valencia, España
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 310

Balneário Camboriú - Brazil - 100,000 hab. sorry but I said no competitor on only cities under 75k friend !!
__________________
Skycraper list of Madrid: http://skyscraperpage.com/cities/?cityID=815
JuMpStyLe4eVeR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2013, 08:17 PM   #137
Fakroef
Registered User
 
Fakroef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Porto Alegre/ Goteborg
Posts: 2,016
Likes (Received): 482

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuMpStyLe4eVeR View Post
You have NO IDEA of what's happening in Benidorm.

The tallest buildings are RESIDENTIAL AT FULL TIME. A little bit of them are only hotels, like Hotel Bali, but all the others are residential.

Just like the under construction In Tempo, 30% of buyers are from Alicante. Only 15% are inmigrants/tourists... And a lot of buyers are from Madrid.
Yes but the buildings in Benidorn can host 200,000 - 300,000 people at least, i doubt it that most of the residential buildings are "at full time". where do this upper-class citizens work?? is there a strong commercial/financial/industrial places near benidorn?

Its the same as Balneário Camboriú, but even that the city has a lot of buildings because of the turism, who cares? its an autonomous city far from any metropolitan region. But you are totally right, we cant compare Lá Defense, its a ridiculous comparison. Lá Defense its just a commercial district like canary wharf in London.
Fakroef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 07:38 AM   #138
citypia
future is today.
 
citypia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,031
Likes (Received): 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakroef View Post
Cool! never heard of, but this city is in the Seoul region, so its not fair...
You have never heard of Dongtan?
If so, how can you be so sure that unkown city, Dongtan, is in the Seoul region?

I am not sure what your term "Seoul region" means exactly whether it means administrative disrtrict or influencial area.
In either case, you are wrong.

To be sure,
First, Dongtan is NOT in the Seoul region.
Dongtan city belong to Gyeonggi province and Hwaseong county.
Hwaseong county consists of many farm villages and fishing villages, which most areas are rural, not a city form. Dongtan is the sole case as a city form in Hwaseong county. That's why Dongtan's surrounding areas are mostly forests, hills and rice fields. Yes, Dongtan was built in middle of rice fields in farming vallages.

Second, Dongtan is an independent city, not a Seoul's satellite city.
Dongtan is away from Seoul. Look at the map below.
Seoul's closest cities are Incheon, Seongnam, Goyang, Anyang and etc but Dongtan.
Dongtan is located between Suwon and Cheonan.
By the korean standard, Dongtan is not close to Seoul (Don't forget that South korea is very small, simmilar to Portogal's land size.)

The most important thing is Seoul's closest cities don't have distict skylines.
The cities in the Seoul region don't have big skylines, except for Incheon.
They just spread out horizontally.
They are not like Dongtan.
You know what I am saying?
Dongtan was able to make skyline just because Dongtan is in the Seoul region? No way!

Maybe, you are wondering how a small city like Dongtan can sustain such a big skyline?
Dongtan is very close to industrial zone, especially SAMSUNG semiconductor factory, one of biggest producers in the world.
Also, there are lots of medium-sized cities nearby, which interact each other.
That's why Dongtan can stand on her own feet.

The red circle of Seoul includes a part of Ilsan, Bundang, Gwacheon, Bucheon and Guri, which are strong Seoul's influential areas even though they don't belong to Seoul admistrative district at all. Actually, the administrative district of Incheon is lager than Seoul's
But in this map, Seoul is presented larger than Incheon becouse of Seoul's strong presence.

Last edited by citypia; October 25th, 2013 at 08:13 AM.
citypia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:21 AM   #139
IngMarco
Registered User
 
IngMarco's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Culiacán
Posts: 4,167
Likes (Received): 2637

Quote:
Originally Posted by citypia View Post
You have never heard of Dongtan?
If so, how can you be so sure that unkown city, Dongtan, is in the Seoul region?

I am not sure what your term "Seoul region" means exactly whether it means administrative disrtrict or influencial area.
In either case, you are wrong.

To be sure,
First, Dongtan is NOT in the Seoul region.
Dongtan city belong to Gyeonggi province and Hwaseong county.
Hwaseong county consists of many farm villages and fishing villages, which most areas are rural, not a city form. Dongtan is the sole case as a city form in Hwaseong county. That's why Dongtan's surrounding areas are mostly forests, hills and rice fields. Yes, Dongtan was built in middle of rice fields in farming vallages.

Second, Dongtan is an independent city, not a Seoul's satellite city.
Dongtan is away from Seoul. Look at the map below.
Seoul's closest cities are Incheon, Seongnam, Goyang, Anyang and etc but Dongtan.
Dongtan is located between Suwon and Cheonan.
By the korean standard, Dongtan is not close to Seoul (Don't forget that South korea is very small, simmilar to Portogal's land size.)

The most important thing is Seoul's closest cities don't have distict skylines.
The cities in the Seoul region don't have big skylines, except for Incheon.
They just spread out horizontally.
They are not like Dongtan.
You know what I am saying?
Dongtan was able to make skyline just because Dongtan is in the Seoul region? No way!

Maybe, you are wondering how a small city like Dongtan can sustain such a big skyline?
Dongtan is very close to industrial zone, especially SAMSUNG semiconductor factory, one of biggest producers in the world.
Also, there are lots of medium-sized cities nearby, which interact each other.
That's why Dongtan can stand on her own feet.

The red circle of Seoul includes a part of Ilsan, Bundang, Gwacheon, Bucheon and Guri, which are strong Seoul's influential areas even though they don't belong to Seoul admistrative district at all. Actually, the administrative district of Incheon is lager than Seoul's
But in this map, Seoul is presented larger than Incheon becouse of Seoul's strong presence.
How did he know? dude, with internet and search engines everything is just one click away.
IngMarco está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2013, 08:26 AM   #140
jcg96
Premium User
 
jcg96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Ensenada BC
Posts: 2,052
Likes (Received): 4220

Puerto Peñasco/Rocky Point, México (56,000) In the middle of the desert.

image hosted on flickr

Puerto Penasco by Jose_Campoy, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Sandy Beach Skyline @ 48°C by jcg96, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Playa Bonita by jcg96, on Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Peñasco by jcg96, on Flickr
__________________
La mente es igual que un paracaídas; sólo funciona si se abre.


tumblr.
jcg96 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 05:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu