daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > Classic Architecture

Classic Architecture Discussions on heritage buildings, monuments and landmarks.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 29th, 2009, 04:44 PM   #1
mazzuttic

Likes (Received): 0

Antibacterical Tiles and Ceramic

I am an italian architect. It's possible to create ceramic floor and wall tiles able to carry out aspecific antibacterial action and to reduce polluting factors?? In italt many people speak about a new production methodology with Titanium dioxide (or titanium oxide (IV) or E171) that makes it possible to create ceramic floor and wall tiles able to carry out a specific antibacterial action and to reduce polluting factors. It is true?
I'm redecorating a kindergarten and I would'like to understand if these products are already on the market and they are true!
mazzuttic no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2009, 06:43 PM   #2
kriziami

Something like this?

i read something like this about a the photocatalysis method call Active Ceramic. by the use of titanium dioxide,

1. the air is cleared of harmful organic and inorganic substances
2. surfaces are disinfected and bacteria removed
3. self-cleaning surfaces are created, exploiting the superhydrophilic effect created by the presence of the irradiated semiconductor (TiO2).

Bye
kriziami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 11:27 AM   #3
robetjems

I had some "glossy" (semi-glossy?) travertine laid down for my bathroom floor. I noticed that a few of the tiles have the infamous grout haze. Will a vinegar solution or grout haze remover be OK to use on this tile? I looked at the bottle from Lowe's (Aqua Mix?) and travertine was not mentioned, although other natural stones were.

Also is a antibacterial/mineral application neccessary with this stone?

What is the best way to clean the dust off the tile before sealing it?
Old November 5th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #4
kriziami

I don't speak about solutions that you use every day to clean the travertine. I speak about SELF-CLEANING SURFACE! I read something like this on this forum http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/to...antibacterial/
kriziami no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 10th, 2009, 08:07 AM   #5
Orton39

Likes (Received): 1

Anti-bacterial Grout Cleaner

Hi,

We did talk about killing mould before using grout sealer or even grout colorant, especially if we think that there may be mould deep in the joint and that there is the chance of moisture entering the system from behind (no tanking, silicone joints compromised etc)

You could use any proprietary antibacterial cleaner or even some dilute bleach. However, we should have a trigger spray antibacterial cleaner in the Aqua Mix line from January.

Glad you enjoyed the course

Orton
Orton39 no está en línea   Reply With Quote