daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > Africa > Southern Africa > South Africa > Economy, Infrastructure and Transportation > Transport and Infrastructure

Old March 15th, 2010, 01:54 PM   #81
crazydude

Likes (Received): 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Cape Town's Inner City Loop is stupid. R8 every time you get on the bus.

This makes no sense for journalists who may need to move between different sites.
Don't they have a day/week/month card that you can use to ride the bus all the time?
crazydude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old March 17th, 2010, 12:37 PM   #82
Phil_Cpt

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo Rush View Post
Cape Town's Inner City Loop is stupid. R8 every time you get on the bus.

This makes no sense for journalists who may need to move between different sites.
I would rather walk and do some sight seeing.
Old March 19th, 2010, 12:45 PM   #83
Flood

Likes (Received): 1

Does anyone know how Sandton will be linked with the rest of Joburg during the world cup?

Now that we know that Gautrain will be operating between OR Tambo and Sandton, I presume most foreign arrivals are going to hop on the train and end up in Sandton which is also where most of Joburgs hotels are found.

But then, other than one fanpark, there is very little happening in Sandton during the world cup. So how are people then going to get to Ellis Park and Soccer City? There are no trains linking to Sandton (other than Gautrain) and the Rea Vaya phase incorporating Sandton and Rosebank won't have been implemented.

I suppose people can catch Gautrain back to Rhodesfield and then connect with a metrorail train which can then get them to both Ellis Park and Soccer City - but this seems like a very round about route.

I've searched the web with no luck. Anyone got any ideas?
Flood no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM   #84
Mo Rush
life.love.everything else

Likes (Received): 51

'Kiss-and-ride' zones for Cape

19 March 2010, 12:45
Related Articles

By Clayton Barnes
2010 Writer

Commuters did a double-take at boards outside the Kuils River train station at a large new sign directing motorists to a "kiss-and-ride" zone.

It has nothing to do with a "late-night parking spot", as one joker suggested, but rather marks the launch of the city's first park-and-ride facility at the station, ahead of the World Cup.

On Thursday Donald Cupido, the city's integrated transport planning manager, said Capetonians would have to get used to the "kiss-and-ride" signs at stations.

What they indicated essentially, were drop-and-go zones.

"It's basically an area in which people can say goodbye and drop off relatives, children or friends, and is part of the city's strategy to make these areas more social," he said.

One commuter, who didn't find the new signage fun or socially acceptable, asked: "Are they encouraging teenagers to come here for late night parking?"

Another, younger, commuter said: "It's funny. But not everyone will interpret it as a drop-and-go area."

A total of 26 stations are being upgraded with park-and-ride facilities for the event, with Kuils River the first to be launched.

Soccer fans travelling into the city from the northern suburbs and the Boland will be able to park their cars at the station, then take a free train ride into the city centre during the tournament.

Elizabeth Thompson, the city's mayoral committee member for transport, roads and major projects, said people from Kuils River and surrounds had been using the station's limited parking area as a park-and-ride facility for years, but now had a proper facility that could be used long after the World Cup.

She said that within the next five years, 75 percent of commuters would live no more than 500m from a public transport node.

"That is the city's plan, and we are working hard to achieve it," said Thompson.

The project was also aimed at encouraging motorists to use public transport into the CBD.

"The Kuils River park-and-ride will reduce dependency on private vehicles, ensuring safe journeys and reducing congestion and pollution," she said.

Thompson said South Africa was among countries with the highest numbers of road accidents in the world.

"We need to create an awareness that there is an alternative to private car usage... Travelling by car is not the most feasible option - there are practical alternatives."

The new park-and-ride facility has more than 300 parking bays, a soon-to-be-completed bicycle lock-up facility and an improved pedestrian walkway, which is still being constructed.

"All the paving and extra work will be complete by the end of this month," said Thompson.

Metrorail's regional manager, Stephen Ngobeni, said he was "excited" about seeing all the soccer fans pass through the station during the World Cup.

"It's going to be amazing," he said. "I was here a year ago, and things have improved."

More than half of public transport users in the Western Cape relied on trains to get to and from work and school, according to Ngobeni.

"Any commuter using this world-class facility will feel safe and confident.

"We want to encourage soccer enthusiasts to return to Cape Town with their families and friends, and will therefore ensure that their experience is as pleasant, safe and convenient as possible."

Taxis and buses would not be excluded from the park-and-ride network, said Thompson.

Taxis would be used to transport local fans from park-and-rides to the public viewing areas in Mitchells Plain, Khayelitsha, Bellville and Athlone.

In the city, fans will be able to walk to the stadium along the 1.9km Fan Walk, which stretches from Cape Town station down Waterkant Street, across Buitengracht and down the pedestrianised zone along Somerset Road to the stadium.

Two city sites have been identified as possible park-and-ride facilities - under the Foreshore freeways in the CBD, and in the District Six area.

In addition, about 35 000 permanent parking bays are available in the CBD, along with 6 000 public parking bays in the V&A Waterfront, all of which are available for use by spectators.

Seven of the eight matches will be held outside working hours, leaving the majority of the bays available.

The facilities will be managed by the city's 2010 transport management team.

• This article was originally published on page 4 of The Cape Argus on March 19, 2010

Mo Rush no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 19th, 2010, 01:45 PM   #85
Lydon

Likes (Received): 2001

Lol, people will complain about ANYTHING just for the sake of complaining.
Old March 19th, 2010, 02:53 PM   #86
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flood View Post
Does anyone know how Sandton will be linked with the rest of Joburg during the world cup?

Now that we know that Gautrain will be operating between OR Tambo and Sandton, I presume most foreign arrivals are going to hop on the train and end up in Sandton which is also where most of Joburgs hotels are found.

But then, other than one fanpark, there is very little happening in Sandton during the world cup. So how are people then going to get to Ellis Park and Soccer City? There are no trains linking to Sandton (other than Gautrain) and the Rea Vaya phase incorporating Sandton and Rosebank won't have been implemented.

I suppose people can catch Gautrain back to Rhodesfield and then connect with a metrorail train which can then get them to both Ellis Park and Soccer City - but this seems like a very round about route.

I've searched the web with no luck. Anyone got any ideas?
I'm asking myself the same question, greed is gonna cost us dearly
Old March 19th, 2010, 03:39 PM   #87
Flood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pule View Post
I'm asking myself the same question, greed is gonna cost us dearly
I just had a look at a comprehensive transport plan from about a year and a half ago which stated that Joburg's transport plan for the world cup was heavily dependant on the rea vaya system as follows: 640 buses, 390 000 passengers per day, routes extending to eastgate shopping mall, rosebank, sandton, Rivonia, randburg and alexandra and feeder routes around all these main routes.

The system that will be in place will not even be a fraction of the system envisaged here. Fail.

Part of the report dealt with possible risks. Under BRT not being complete as envisioned the recommendation is that FIFA sort the problem out. Double Fail.

I hope they're working hard on this problem.
Old March 19th, 2010, 05:02 PM   #88
crazydude

Likes (Received): 30

I assume it was someone in this thread, but someone just asked about Rea Vaya in Sandton and getting to Ellis Park and Soccer City on Rea Vaya's Facebook page.
crazydude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 26th, 2010, 03:52 PM   #89
Flood

Metrorail has published details of special services to stadiums in gauteng during wc2010:

http://www.metrorail.co.za/pdf/Gaute...rvice_Plan.pdf
Old March 26th, 2010, 05:55 PM   #90
Mo Rush

A great summary of all the World Cup transport services available in Cape Town:

2010 Transport Information for the Western Cape - ver. 6

Old March 26th, 2010, 10:15 PM   #91
pathfinder_2010

Likes (Received): 5

Found this comment from another forum -

I am having a pre wc holiday outside South Africa so I thought I would share some of my pithy observations and give some pointers about possible problems.

I flew out from Port Elizabeth. the airport is looking spruced up but has not been meaningfully expanded. there are still no air bridges (jetways). The departure lounge looks like it can hold 200 pax comfortably, 300 at a squeeze, 400 packed in like sardines. I predict there will be major problems after matches with people flying back to Johannesburg.

The runway has been re-surfaced and has been grooved for rain water run off, unlike the George airport where fingers are currently being pointed.

Unless i have missed something, OR Tambo airport did not receive a new departures hall, just a much improved arrivals facility.

checking in for most international airlines will be chaotic. south african airways tries to alleviate the problem by having some/all of their international passengers check in at the domestic terminal (B) but those passengers then have a lengthy walk to Terminal A where I did not notice any new departure gates. In fact, the departure lounge for the planes parked at remote stands was almost at capacity during the morning on a non peak travel day. JNB is busiest at night with most of the departures to Europe.

Both in the Cape and Gauteng, I noticed many ongoing infrastructure projects, far from completed, including the gautrain station near JNB.
They will not be completed in time!

So the word is, allow lots of time to make flights, etc.!

This person is overreacting ?
pathfinder_2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 27th, 2010, 06:17 AM   #92
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

didn't they say stadiums will never be completed? yes, some of the things do raise the eyebrowse but alternatives can always be considered.
Old March 27th, 2010, 05:04 PM   #93
Mo Rush

Cape Town's work around the stadium while largely completed will need to be hurried...The odds and ends need finishing!

Old March 29th, 2010, 09:01 AM   #94
haggiesm

Likes (Received): 0

i think he is overreacting. i found or tambo to be more efficient than the uk airports. but i guess that was my experience and it depends who you talk to.
haggiesm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2010, 09:23 AM   #95
Mo Rush

The "entrances" and highways just as one enters the CBD looks horrific.
There are no plants, just sand, rusted verges and siderails.

The western boulevard entrance from the cbd to green point looks like it has for the last 20 years...zero flags...zero paint

There is no indication of the world cup using western boulevard to the stadium.

Its all actually quite pathetic.

Old April 1st, 2010, 09:23 AM   #96
Flood

Joburgs highways and "gateways" to the city are just as bad. The R24 from the highway to Bruma is horrific. Many of the lights aren't working, the verges are overgrown with weeds and are strewn with litter, the fences either side are old and battered and have been broken down in many places, the concrete barrier between the two carriage-ways looks terrible, with weeds growing, broken fences and dirty concrete.

There was apparently a R30 million contract awarded to beautify this highway out but there was all sorts of contreversy surrounding it:

http://www.timeslive.co.za/sundaytim...icle354774.ece

Anyone know whats going on here?

We want flags and lights and neat, clean verges and no weeds and repaired fences and lots of other stuff. We want visitors to be overwhelmed from the minute they arrive in SA!
Old April 1st, 2010, 12:13 PM   #97
Pule
BITTER HEART NEVER REST

we raised those issue long time but unfotunately that part is under inefficient Ekurhuleni Muncipality.

Last edited by Pule; April 1st, 2010 at 12:23 PM.
Pule no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2010, 02:21 PM   #98
Mo Rush

Getting Around
One of the most important aspects of hosting an event such as the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ is to ensure that visitors and residents can get around safely and comfortably.

The City of Cape Town has made special transport arrangements in order to offer visitors and residents safe and easily accessible public transport before, during and after the World Cup™.

The city's regular rail, bus, minibus taxi and metered taxi services will extend their offerings to cater for increased demand around match times, and will cater for a wide variety of transport requirements. Transport services linking Cape Town with the rest of South Africa will also expand their operations.

Travelling by private vehicle in affected areas at this time is strongly discouraged due to extensive road closures, traffic exclusion areas, parking restrictions and probable congestion.

Cape Town will host eight World Cup™ matches. Different transport plans will apply to match and non-match days.

The city's main transport hub will be in Hertzog Boulevard outside the Civic Centre in central Cape Town. This is within easy walking distance of Cape Town Station; the Golden Acre bus terminus; station deck minibus taxi rank; metered-taxi ranks; long-distance bus terminal; FIFA Fan Fest™ and the fan walk to Cape Town Stadium. There will be a transport information kiosk at the transport hub, as well as volunteers to assist visitors.

Transport maps:
Map A: Match day road closures and access restrictions
Map B: Non-match day road closures and access restrictions
Map C: Match dar pedestrian routes
Map D: Additional road based public transport services for the event over and above the existing services
Map E: Public transport access points
Bus Services during the World Cup™

An airport-to-city service will run 24 hours a day from the newly completed bus station at Cape Town International Airport to the main transport hub (see Map D). It will cost R50 one way and will depart every six to 30 minutes, depending on demand. Metered taxi services will be available at the airport and at the transport hub to take visitors to their accommodation.

The inner-city bus service, which will run 24 hours a day, will provide convenient access to numerous inner-city hotels, accommodation nodes, restaurants, entertainment areas, parking areas, and places of interest. Journeys will cost R8 and buses will run every 10 to 30 minutes. (see Map D).

The Waterfront and Sea Point bus service will run from the main transport hub to Queen’s Beach in Sea Point, via the Waterfront (see Map D). This service will operate until 02:00 daily and the cost will be based on the distance travelled.
Bus services on match days

Match ticket holders can take a free shuttle bus service from the main transport hub to Cape Town Stadium in Green Point (see Map D). This service will operate from four hours before kick-off, until six hours after the final whistle. Buses will depart every three to five minutes, depending on demand.

A park-and-ride service will run at the same times from the University of Cape Town’s upper campus in Rondebosch to the main transport hub, and will also be free of charge for match ticket holders.

The Atlantic seaboard service (a paid service) will run from Hout Bay to the main transport hub, via Camps Bay and Sea Point, to Cape Town Stadium (see Map D). It will operate from four hours before kick-off, until 02h00. This service provides convenient access to the park-and-ride schemes at Kronendal Primary School sports field in Hout Bay, and at Camps Bay High School sports field. The cost of the journey will be based on the distance travelled, as with the regular service, and buses will arrive at regular intervals.

Rail

Cape Town has an efficient and safe rail network that serves 70% of the metropolitan area and includes 119 stations. Cape Town Station is a short walk away from the main transport hub. The rail service will operate from 04h00 to 01h00 on all days during the World Cup™, with trains passing through at least every hour. There is also a regular service from the central railway station to Stellenbosch and Paarl.

Those wishing to drive into Cape Town during the World Cup™ are advised to make use of the 25 stations which have been identified as convenient park-and-ride locations (see Map E). These will offer more than 7 000 remote parking bays, and will also have additional security, as well as offering World Cup™ related activities.

Metered taxis

These will operate from some of the 15 major rail stations and from the central transport hub in Hertzog Boulevard outside the Cape Town Civic Centre. From the hotel one can catch a metered taxi to the transport hub and a shuttle bus to the stadium on match days.

Minibus taxis

These are most commonly used by locals and cover most of the Cape Town metropolitan area. They are not generally recommended for tourists, but they will operate to and from the public viewing areas. Information on the location of minibus taxi terminals can be obtained from all transport information kiosks.

Car rental

Vehicle hire desks are located at the airport and in the city centre. South Africans drive on the left hand side of the road, and observe the speed limit in kilometres per hour.

Parking

Motorists are warned that there will be no general spectator parking at the stadium or surrounding areas, and parking in the city centre is also severely limited. The City is encouraging all spectators to use the identified park-and-ride facilities outside the city centre, as indicated on Map E.

Walking and cycling

The City has created certain dedicated pedestrian and bicycle routes in the city centre so that fans can walk and cycle about easily, while at the same time enjoying the festive spirit. The Fan Walk, covering 2.2km, links the FIFA Fan Fest™ on the Grand Parade with the stadium (see Map C). Fans are strongly encouraged to walk between the city centre and stadium, due to transport delays. Bicycles will be available to rent, but cycling is not advised during peak periods on match days due to the large numbers of pedestrians expected. Helmets are a safety requirement. Pedestrian access to the stadium will also be provided from the V&A Waterfront. Walking alone after dark in unpopulated areas in not recommended.

Public transport to Public Viewing Areas

Regular public transport services from nearby rail stations and public transport interchanges will serve the Public Viewing Areas. The cost of the journey will depend on the distance travelled.
  • Bellville Velodrome is served by the Durban Road route, which links directly to Bellville Station.
  • Athlone Civic Centre is located on Klipfontein Road, and within 300 metres of Athlone Station.
  • Oliver Tambo Sports Hall in Khayelitsha is located on Lansdowne Road, and within 500 metres of Nonkqubela Station.
  • Swartklip Sports Hall in Mitchells Plain is located on Spine Road, and within walking distance of Mitchells Plain Station and town centre.
Travellers with Disabilities

Buses on the shuttle routes from the airport and to the stadium will be wheelchair friendly, as will be the main transport hub and the shuttle stations.

A special-needs transport hub at the Civic Centre, between the main transport hub and Cape Town Station, will operate on all match days (see Maps A, B, C and D). This park-and-ride service to and from the stadium will be exclusively for people with disabilities, and will be free of charge.

Wheelchair users with a wheelchair match ticket and those in possession of a doctor’s certificate confirming their immobility, can email transport.info@capetown.gov.za to book a place on this shuttle.

Some private taxi operators will also be able to transport wheelchair users to areas not covered by the shuttles.

Road closures

Although the City will endeavour to minimise disruptions as much as possible, some roads will be pedestrian-only zones, and others will be reserved for those with the necessary security clearance and event accreditation.
On non-match days during the World Cup™, the following roads near the stadium will be closed or have restricted access (see Map B):

Near stadium:
  • Granger Bay Boulevard
  • Fritz Sonnenberg Road
  • Vlei Road
  • Fort Wynyard Street
  • Ebenezer Road between Port Road and Prestwich Street
City centre:

Darling Street between Adderley and Buitenkant Street, together with the side roads feeding into Darling, due to the FIFA Fan Fest™ on the Grand Parade.

On match days, the following roads will be closed, including for freight and delivery vehicles, from seven hours before the scheduled kick-off, until approximately four hours after the final whistle, depending on security considerations (see Map A):
  • Hertzog Boulevard
  • Heerengracht and Adderley Street between Coen Steytler and Strand Street
  • Hans Strijdom Avenue
  • Western Boulevard up to Beach Road in Three Anchor Bay
  • Sections of Waterkant and Riebeeck Street
  • Somerset Road from Buitengragt to Ebenezer Road
  • Sections of Bree, Long and Loop Street around Waterkant Street
Deliveries to the stadium

All deliveries to the stadium will move through a logistics point (‘log point’) and a remote search park (RSP), before being escorted into the stadium. Delivery vehicles will be accredited at the log point once the contents and intended destination of the load have been verified. From here, the vehicle will undergo a security check in the RSP, before being allowed to cross the security perimeter of the stadium. Unauthorised vehicles will be diverted at the log point.

Port access

The port will be accessible throughout the World Cup™. However, operators should note that:
  • Access to the port through Dock Road will be restricted by the congestion and access control at the V&A Waterfront.
  • The Heerengracht entrance to the port will remain open.
  • The Oswald Pirow access to the port, along Table Bay Boulevard (N1), will be affected by the inflow of traffic related to the event.
  • Duncan Road will not be open to general traffic. However, shuttle buses and coaches will use sections of this road to transport spectators to and from the passenger liners berthed in the Duncan basin.
  • The Marine Drive access to the port will remain open, but may be affected by higher than normal traffic flows.
  • Freight vehicles should enter the port via the Marine Drive access, and exit via the Oswald Pirow access. Operators who usually approach the port along the N2 are advised to divert to the N1 earlier, and make use of the Marine Drive access.
Transport information

Information on regular public transport in Cape Town is available on the 24/7 Transport Information Centre’s toll-free number, 0800 65 64 63.

Any enquiries to the City of Cape Town’s Transport Department can be emailed to transport.info@capetown.gov.za

Old April 1st, 2010, 06:56 PM   #99
Lydon

Likes (Received): 2001

I love that photo.
Old April 16th, 2010, 07:00 PM   #100
_X_

Likes (Received): 253

Quantum leap in information-finally

http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/news/ne...ound+made+easy

Getting around made easy
(LOC) Friday 16 April 2010

The nine cities which will host the 2010 FIFA World Cup™ in June and July have made sure that getting to the stadium on match day will be the last thing that fans have to worry about. Here is a summary of each host city’s transport plans for the tournament:

Johannesburg

Both Ellis Park and Soccer City stadium are serviced directly by commuter rail, so going to the game by train is simple. The Bus Rapid Transit System, a new public bus system, also services both stadiums directly with origins in Soweto, the Johannesburg central business district (CBD)and the northern suburbs. Gauteng provincial government will finalise an initiative for airport transfer services from OR Tambo International Airport to Johannesburg and the capital Tshwane/Pretoria. Park Station, in the CBD, will serve as a key hub for long distance transport into the city and supporters will be able to access city services from here. Park and ride sites - where spectators can park their cars and catch a lift to the stadium - will be implemented at various sites throughout the city.

Soccer City stadium

Park and Rides:

* Wits Campus, Enoch Sontonga Avenue, Braamfontein
* Gold Reef, Data Crescent, Ormonde

Park and Walks:

* Ormonde Shareworld, Shaft 17 and Nasrec Road
* Aeroton, Rand Show and Adcock Ingram Road
* Rand Show Road, Randshow and Aerodrome Road

Ellis Park stadium

Park and Rides:

* Wits Campus, Enoch Sontonga Avenue, Braamfontein
* Gold Reef, Data Crescent, Ormonde
* Bez Valley, Marcia Street, Observatory

Park and Walks:

* Athlone Boys, No 70 Bezuidenhout Avenue, 3rd and 4th Street, Bezuidenhout

Tshwane/Pretoria

The city will provide rail services through Metrorail which will service Loftus Stadium directly. A park and ride system will be implemented from various sites in the city. The city has also identified an area in one of the park and ride sites which will accommodate long distance bus services on match days. A partial bus service will also be implemented.

Park and Rides:

* Pretoria Sport Union, Totius Street
* Sports Campus, University of Pretoria, South Street Extension

Park and Walk:

* Pretoria Technical High School Corner of Park and Wessels Street

Cape Town

Cape Town’s World Cup transport plan includes commuter rail, the Integrated Rapid Transit System, (same as the BRT in Johannesburg), park and ride services and an airport shuttle from the Cape Town International to the stadium and designated transport hubs in the city. The city is also developing a long distance transport hub and services to the FIFA Fan Fest and the public viewing areas will be provided by existing public transport. Twenty-two of the city’s rail stations will function as park and rides ferrying fans to the stadium and back again on match days.

Park and Rides:

* Upper Campus, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch
* Camps Bay High School, Victoria Road, Maidens Cove, Camps Bay
* Kroenendal Primary School, Andrews Road, Hout Bay

The city has also identified 22 train stations which will act as park and rides. Visit www.capetown.gov.za to find out more.

Durban

A commuter rail system operated by Metrorail will transport supporters close to the stadium precinct. The city is also implementing a network of park and walk sites including on the beachfront area where supporters will be able to leave their vehicles and walk to the stadium along a pedestrian walkway network. The park and ride facility will comprise parking sites and three shopping centres, which will feed the stadium through shuttles.

Park and Rides:

* Gateway Theatre of Shopping, Palm Boulevard, Umhlanga Ridge
* Pavillion, Jack Martens Drive, Westville
* Galleria, Moss Kolnick Drive, Amanzimtoti

Nelson Mandela Bay/ Port Elizabeth

The city will have park and ride services at three sites around the city with shuttles ferrying supporters to the stadium. Park and walk services will be implemented at one site in the city. A street parking plan to accommodate supporters close to the stadium will also be implemented. There are also plans in Nelson Mandela Bay/Port Elizabeth for a BRT bus system to be operational for the FIFA World Cup.

Park and Rides:

* Andrew Rabie School, Argon Road
* St Georges Park, Park Drive
* Kings Beach, Beach Road

Park and Walk:

* Cillier High School and Dr Viljoen Primary School, Kempston Road and Uitenhage Road

Mangaung/Bloemfontein

The city has provided pedestrian facilities from the Bloemfontein Station, a key public transport hub for the FIFA World Cup. Long distance rail will terminate at the station. Long distance bus travel will be accommodated in the CBD close to the stadium to allow supporters to walk to the match. Park and ride sites will be located in two sites in the city. Schools in the vicinity of the stadium will accommodate park and walk facilities.

Park and Rides:

* Bloemfontein Baptist Church, Nelson Mandela Drive
* Bloemfontein Showgrounds, Curie Avenue

Park and Walks:

* Grey College and Eunice School, Jock Meiring Street
* Municipal Parkade, Fontein Street

Nelspruit

Buses will transport supporters from park and ride sites in the city to the stadium. Shuttles will also be supplied from the main transport hub in the city centre. Existing public transport will transport supporters from the greater Nelspruit areas such as Whiteriver and Barberton. Park and ride facilities will be placed on the outskirts of the city to deal with the large influx of fans from Gauteng who will travel to Nelspruit along the N4 on match day.

Park and Rides:

* Riverside Mall, Government Boulevard
* Nelspruit Showground, Loco Road
* Nelspruit Rugby Club, Kiepersol Street
* Nelspruit High School
* Valencia Sports Complex, Van Bergen Street

Polokwane

The city has designed a park and ride system that will transport supporters from various sites in the city to both the stadium and the fan mile which is within walking distance of the stadium. The Fan Fest is also close to the stadium and will also be serviced by this system. Existing public transport will transport supporters from the city’s residential areas to the city centre.

Park and Rides:

* Gateway Airport
* Nirvana Showgrounds

Rustenburg

Park and ride systems in Rustenburg will use a combination of contracted bus and taxi services. OR Tambo International Airport will be the main air hub for the city and intercity transfers will transport fans between Johannesburg and Rustenburg. The city has also made provision for a long distance bus service to the stadium and supporters will be able to arrive in Royal Bafokeng and walk to their seats.

Park and Rides:

* Phokeng East
* Phokeng North
* R104 North
* R104 South
_X_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote