SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Middle East Aviation Thread

240K views 312 replies 76 participants last post by  cbeboy 
#1 ·
New domestic airlines have started in the Gulf and the Gulf also has good international airlines so I think Middle East Aviation should have its own thread. Liverys, news, pictures, airports, etc are examples of what one could post in this thread.

#44 ·
Very nice and fresh idea for the forum.

I enjoyed looking at the pics, and i have to say Gulf Air has the best looking paint jobs on thier planes. Then Qatar Airways with their Asian Games Theme.

I think sooner or later the airline industry in the gulf will be more liberalized. Then will see real cut throat competation, espically if the govt stops backing some of the airlines.

Today, am try to be objective here without smiling, Qatar Airways, in terms of quality and customer service bets all other airlines by a mile. In terms of routes I think Emirities has the most routes. A strong competatior is Saudi Airline if they choose to serve markets other than the Saudi one, which will probably be impossible.

Iraq, Palistinain, Yeman, Egypt and Israel airlines are probably the least likely Id fly with.

#45 ·
I like middle eastern airlines they are so cool and save (most of the airlines of countries around the persian gulf are save i dont know about the palestinian)

#46 · (Edited)
hi there , I grabed some recent pics 4 kuwait airways hope u'll like them :)

By the way kuwait airways is on of the oldest if not the oldest airline in the region , it celebrates 54 years of service in late 2004/ early 2005.
since the first gulf war in 1991 kuwait airways didnt recover fully . All the best kuwait airways ( wa lekol mojtahed na9eeb ) .

#49 ·
B-Patriot said:
How can it have celebrated 54 yrs of service, if it was launched in 1954, according to their website..Thats when the airliner first started services and trips...Gulf Air started business in 1950...When was the Iranian airline and Israeli one first started??
Iranian airways was started in May 1944. In 1961 it was merged with another company called Pars Airways (started in 1954) and renamed Iran Air.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.