SkyscraperCity Forum banner

NEW YORK | "High Line Starchitect District" Megathread

44K views 93 replies 31 participants last post by  tallmark 
#1 ·
These little but amazing projects are so scattered in the subforum and some pushed back to whatever high number of page, I figured it would be much more useful to make a thread compiling all of them. "High Line Starchitect District" is of course a nickname I've first seen used by desertpunk, and I think everyone will know what it means.

Here's the ones I remember. If I missed something, let me know and I will add!

512 West 22nd Street

by mrnyc

551 West 21st Street

by towerpower

Soori High Line - 522 West 29th Street

by towerpower

520 West 28th Street

by tectonic

515 West 29th Street

by towerpower

Jardim - 527 West 27th Street

by... uh... uncredited photo, guess it's from 6sqft

500 West 21st Street

by Ghostface

40-56 Tenth Avenue ("Solar Carve")

511-525 West 18th Street

...no renders, no pics...

221 West 29th Street

by...? Hey guys, credit pictures when you post them! :D

Only did the ones below 100m for now, will edit in the highrises later, would be appreciated if someone pointed me to all of them, I only remember the glassy one near HY and the one by BIG!

See less See more
#33 ·
I prefer to have a megathread that is slowly filling up, then a megamegathread with pages and pages of nonsense. I also feel oike had it been opened in 2010 it would be much bigger by mow, but since it was opened in 2016 when most of development around the HL was done or approaching being done, we were kinda limited to what to post here.

#34 ·
It's not the thread that is 'mega' here.. It's the Highline itself and it's surroundings that is mega-interesting and well worth deserving it's own discussion thread! I was there in the summer of 2015 and walked the line (with round eyes and a smile on my face :)). It was superb and extremely enjoyable back then already, but I imagine it has become 10 times more marvelous since then with all these amazing new buildings that have emerged on it's immediate surroundings and the whole Hudson Yards mega dewelopment at the end of the elevated park like a crown on top of it all! This is one of my top attraction for sure next time I am sure to visit New York in the future like it was already back then. :eek:kay:

#38 ·
Some nice buildings in this thread. Its great to see new york has somewhat gotten over its glazed curtain walling fad thats still enveloping most of the world unfortunately. Modern architecture can be so much better than that, in fact it gives modern architecture a bad name and people associate modern architecture with being sterile and boring when it doesnt have to be at all

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.