Kroma Tower [52F|157m|res] - Page 17 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 12th, 2016, 09:26 PM   #321
EXCORPTRADING

Likes (Received): 1

any more pics?
EXCORPTRADING no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old October 18th, 2016, 08:55 AM   #322
TooFrank
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EXCORPTRADING View Post
any more pics?
Got some - but I am not allowed to post them yet, it seems
TooFrank no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2016, 09:50 AM   #323
Germain_7

Likes (Received): 73

I agree with your statement that Ayala, to be fair, delivers as per their proposed design. However, with the price they are offering, and given the prime location, they should have been more creative with their designs even if the structure is dominated by concrete and small windows. Their designers should at least travel to Singapore and take inspiration from their HDB. Especially the new ones. Even if HDB's are public housing projects, their design is a lot better than these 'high-end' condos Ayala are proposing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
I rather see a building in the Philippines have smaller windows than have big low quality windows. Philippines is not favorable to have a lot of open glass because of the heat even if the developer will use triple glazing and good window frames. Building Envelope technology in the Philippines is still way behind compared to the 1st world countries so don't expect too much. If a developer wants to do the proper way of designing a building based on the energy model of a building you will be surprised how expensive this will be. Besides all you will see in the end of the day are blinds that are closed 95% of the time so why bother. You also need to worry about the maintenance of the glazing units as you need to change the gaskets, caulking etc...

The actual images and pre-selling renderings look similar and Ayala has been good in delivering what was initially shown to the buyers. Somehow they are way not like the other developers who show you a pretty picture during the pre-selling then the actual product is not even close to what is on the brochure.
Germain_7 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2016, 07:22 AM   #324
leechtat
IG @juanprogress

Likes (Received): 217

Quote:
Originally Posted by Germain_7 View Post
I agree with your statement that Ayala, to be fair, delivers as per their proposed design. However, with the price they are offering, and given the prime location, they should have been more creative with their designs even if the structure is dominated by concrete and small windows. Their designers should at least travel to Singapore and take inspiration from their HDB. Especially the new ones. Even if HDB's are public housing projects, their design is a lot better than these 'high-end' condos Ayala are proposing.
Pricing difference between ALP, ALVEO, AVIDA and AMAIA is done to curtail the demographics. Within 30yrs of selling ALI, we have had almost no complaints on the turnover product in terms of quality and living experience. So ALI products remain to be the safest bet. RLI, MEG and DMCI are coming close though.

"Resident Realtor!”
-
“Raw Land Packaging"
---
“Properties with Income"
-----
“High-end Residential Properties”
-------
leechtat no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 24th, 2016, 06:11 AM   #325
TooFrank
BANNED

Citygate is Rising Fast

anakngpasig, InfinitiFX45 liked this post
Old October 25th, 2016, 02:22 AM   #326
Steve1305

Likes (Received): 3

Does anyone know where the 32nd floor will be relative to neighbouring buildings?
Steve1305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 04:09 AM   #327
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 10965

The 32nd floor won't be that high compared to the future Alveo Financial Tower so if your unit is facing north, it'll most likely be blocked by it. But it'll be high enough to get views of the sunset if your unit is facing west.
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 02:59 PM   #328
Steve1305

Likes (Received): 3

Hmm... it looks like the site plot is different to what I received. I mean... the utility floor 8th floor) is on the 'maintenance rad side of the building facing North East right? Can anyone recommend an interior designer/project manager to finish off the condo for me? I live abroad so needs to be someone I can trust with a portfolio they c an show me.
Steve1305 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2016, 11:02 PM   #329
hometechbuilders
The Home Guys

Likes (Received): 2

Hi Steven, sent you a pm regarding your fitout needs
hometechbuilders no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 29th, 2016, 08:20 PM   #330
kroma2008filipino

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometechbuilders View Post
Hi Steven, sent you a pm regarding your fitout needs
Can you also please forward me the information regarding interior designers?
Thank you.
kroma2008filipino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2016, 08:23 AM   #331
TooFrank
BANNED

KROMA, the Reality next to the Dream - now at the 45th Floor

anakngpasig, InfinitiFX45 liked this post

Last edited by TooFrank; December 13th, 2016 at 09:59 AM.
Old December 11th, 2016, 01:50 PM   #332
X_X

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
I rather see a building in the Philippines have smaller windows than have big low quality windows. Philippines is not favorable to have a lot of open glass because of the heat even if the developer will use triple glazing and good window frames. Building Envelope technology in the Philippines is still way behind compared to the 1st world countries so don't expect too much. If a developer wants to do the proper way of designing a building based on the energy model of a building you will be surprised how expensive this will be. Besides all you will see in the end of the day are blinds that are closed 95% of the time so why bother. You also need to worry about the maintenance of the glazing units as you need to change the gaskets, caulking etc...
but they can do it for office buildings, why not residential as well??
X_X no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2016, 03:26 PM   #333
anakngpasig

Likes (Received): 10965

Update
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jose Mari View Post
12|11|2016

stewartsukwan
anakngpasig no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 06:40 AM   #334
TooFrank
BANNED

Thinking about the View of your flat in Kroma?
These photos from MP may help you to visualize what your view might be:

Many flats will have a nice view down Legazpi Street.

The view of Kroma from Sotto Street - to the left of the pink condo, is PNB's renovated building.

This shows the view down Legazpi St. towards 31-storeys GB Hamilton.
The building on the right before GH-Hamiliton is now empty, and may get replaced with a new one eventually.
On the left side of the street are two towers of Grand Midori: 38 storeys.

MDS_investor liked this post

Last edited by TooFrank; December 13th, 2016 at 10:14 AM.
Old December 13th, 2016, 06:38 PM   #335
khan tottan

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFrank View Post
This shows the view down Legazpi St. towards 31-storeys GB Hamilton.
The building on the right before GH-Hamiliton is now empty, and may get replaced with a new one eventually.
On the left side of the street are two towers of Grand Midori: 38 storeys.
That pic is not of Greenbelt Hamilton; that's a building that, if I heard right, was developed a Korean group, and was rather delayed in getting finished. Hamilton is a bit farther down Legazpi, its firewall is the white structure right behind in the pic.

Grand Midori is nominally 38 storeys, but has at least one, possibly two, fewer actual levels. Federal-Orix skipped 13 and maybe 14, too. So you need to be at around 43rd or higher in Kroma if you don't want Midori to block your view.

The Kroma pic shows 45th-46th floor, as of early Dec. I recall seeing it at 41-ish in early Oct, meaning they're going at approximately 2 floors per month (Kroma doesn't have any -4 floor). This indicates topping off won't happen until around April 2017.

One gets to see here the economics of property development in action. If the developer starts selling even before groundbreaking, as with Kroma, construction takes place at a very leisurely pace, and it's not a big deal to delay completion (buyers who got their units in late '12 and early '13 were originally told turnover would be 4Q17, but now the word is mid-2018).

In contrast, when a developer is building to lease or can't begin selling until the structure is substantially complete, there is a sense of urgency. Case in point is the London Shard, which I read (in Stuff Matters) was going up at the rate of 3m per day. Come to think of it, look at nearby City Gate, by Ayala Land, the mother company of Kroma's developer. Last I heard, City Gate spots weren't for sale, and look at how fast construction there is going relative to Kroma (City Gate is a significantly larger undertaking). Then look at Alveo Financial Tower behind Kroma, where office space was sold rather than leased, and it's not surprising to see how un-fast construction is.

MDS_investor, X_X liked this post
khan tottan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2016, 11:19 PM   #336
MDS_investor

Likes (Received): 30

Thanks for the update and infos!

Given the delay of turnover until potentially mid 2018, is there a way buyers can delay their final balance payment?

The CTS states (point 8.) - "In the event that such completion is delayed due to fire, earthquake, other natural elements, acts of God, war, civil disturbance, government and economic controls, delay in the construction timetable arising from out of unforseen site conditions or difficulty in obtaining necessary labor or materials for the project, or due to any other cause beyond the SELLER's control which makes the completion of the Project at the expected date of delivery specified in Annex C impossible, then the SELLER may, at its option, extend the expected date of delivery of the Unit as specified by Annex C by giving written notice to the PURCHASER of such extension, or consider itself relieved of any obligation under the contract to Sell."

First: What a sentence !! Not only does one need to gasp for breath 3 times while reading it, but one really has to smile cos Alveo put so much energy in this sentence to include every possible cause of delay and ending it by saying that they will just inform you (thanks!). There is not even a point 8.1 for a scenario where it's actually their fault..

So in theory one has no rights but... is there anything one can do in practice?
MDS_investor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2016, 05:28 AM   #337
TooFrank
BANNED

"That pic is not of Greenbelt Hamilton..."

Actually, you are right
You will find that GB Hamilton is positioned there, between Legazpi and Sotto St.
But there is an older building first (Man Tower?, pictured), before you come to an empty lot (T2), and GBH, Tower-1
I walked by it again this morning

Man Tower was completed in 2013, and has 29 floors, according to Zipmatch.
I have found a recent record of a Fully-furnished 2BR flat in Man Tower of 80 SM offered at PHP 60,000 being rented out - that would be P 750 psm. I would expect that Kroma would go for more than Man Tower, because of its newness, and better location on the Citygate podium and the walkway.

Last edited by TooFrank; December 14th, 2016 at 07:51 AM.
Old December 15th, 2016, 05:20 AM   #338
khan tottan

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDS_investor View Post
Given the delay of turnover until potentially mid 2018, is there a way buyers can delay their final balance payment?
So in theory one has no rights but... is there anything one can do in practice?
Yes. Send Alveo a request (if you're an upset customer, a demand) to defer the final balance until turnover. Alveo will agree and grant it because the company knows it cannot deliver the project on time.

You as the buyer have to initiate the request. Don't think Alveo will unilaterally give it to you. After all, you can't expect the company to notify you about the project being behind schedule. If anything, Alveo will ask for the final balance per the original schedule while keeping mum about the delay, so you have to push back.

In case you're wondering if the above tack actually works, yes it does. And not just with Alveo, but also with Avida, which has even worse delays in its projects.

MDS_investor liked this post
khan tottan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 18th, 2016, 12:34 PM   #339
TooFrank
BANNED

Co-operation by Kroma Tower Owners?

Here are some areas where cooperation by Kroma owners may be advantageous

+ Approaches to Alveo concerning delays in construction, and any design ot facilities issues

+ Savings on design and decoration of flats - if a designer knows there may be multiple clients, he/she may offer discounts

+ Optimizing rental rates by cooperating rather than competing in seeking clients; good design can enhance rents;

And some tenants may pay more, if they know they can rent multiple flats in the same building or on the same floot

+ Sharing of information on design options, building issues, and preferred local merchants
===================

If you are interested in joining a Kroma Tower Owners Group (KTO Group), then please send me a PM, and I will give you more information

X_X, PhilippineProperty liked this post
Old December 19th, 2016, 04:46 AM   #340
lifeisgood88

Likes (Received): 4

I'm interested but I can't pm .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooFrank View Post
Co-operation by Kroma Tower Owners?

Here are some areas where cooperation by Kroma owners may be advantageous

+ Approaches to Alveo concerning delays in construction, and any design ot facilities issues

+ Savings on design and decoration of flats - if a designer knows there may be multiple clients, he/she may offer discounts

+ Optimizing rental rates by cooperating rather than competing in seeking clients; good design can enhance rents;

And some tenants may pay more, if they know they can rent multiple flats in the same building or on the same floot

+ Sharing of information on design options, building issues, and preferred local merchants
===================

If you are interested in joining a Kroma Tower Owners Group (KTO Group), then please send me a PM, and I will give you more information
lifeisgood88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: