KUCHING | Sarawak (Kuching Division) | Division , District & State Capital City - Page 770 - SkyscraperCity

forums map | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Cityscapes

Cityscapes discussion, photography and news of towns, cities, districts and states.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2018, 12:57 PM   #15381
Jason Koh

Likes (Received): 126

Quote:
Originally Posted by chleon View Post
http://www.theborneopost.com/2018/09...by-march-2019/

Hydrogen buses to debut on Kuching roads by March 2019

KUCHING: Hydrogen fuel cell buses are expected to make their much-awaited debut on the roads of Kuching city by March next year.

Chief Minister Datuk Patinggi Abang Johari Tun Openg disclosed that three units of buses will be used as pilot vehicles for the state.

“We will try three buses first, as part of our pilot project and research (to improve and provide better public transportation system),” he told reporters today after he witnessed the the signing of memorandum of understanding (MoU) between Sarawak Economic Development Corporation (SEDC) and Foshan Feishi Automobile Manufacture Co Ltd China for the supply and delivery of these hydrogen fuel cell buses.

When asked on the cost of each bus, he said this is being negotiated but he assured that it will not be that expensive.

Earlier in his speech, Abang Johari said the state government is considering free rides for both locals and tourists to use these hydrogen-powered buses when they arrive for the trial run.

He also mentioned that the cost of such public transportation will be cheap, considering the fact that hydrogen is extracted from water, which is abundant in Sarawak. This is unlike other type of buses where costing is tied up to the global price of fossil fuel.

He added that the hydrogen production plant and fuelling station built by Sarawak Energy Berhad (SEB) is now under construction and expected to be ready when the hydrogen fuel cell buses are delivered here.
Can it be realized? I feel like i had heard almost the same news published in this forum before saying that it's gonna happen next year and next year.

How about the current public transportation system, any improvement can be done between the government and private sector especially the punctuality, how frequent or quickly can we get the next bus like using the app to track when will the next bus be arrived?

There are a lot of example like system, software, and whatever talent people and companies out there for government and private sector to take that advantage with which is good for the public transportation system in Kuching, but why it seems like it is hard to be implemented in Kuching?

Instead, our state gov is still eager in trying to acquire the hydrogen fuel cell buses? However, i didn't mean the concept of using hydrogen fuel cell buses is not good. Just how real can it be realized and any improvement can be done between both parties or more parties in improving the current bus system in Kuching?

Last edited by Jason Koh; September 10th, 2018 at 01:01 PM. Reason: delete emoji
Jason Koh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old September 10th, 2018, 01:16 PM   #15382
tbc

Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
He also mentioned that the cost of such public transportation will be cheap, considering the fact that hydrogen is extracted from water, which is abundant in Sarawak .....
Really ?!
tbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 01:27 PM   #15383
AtChdage

Likes (Received): 768

GalaCity

GeckoBoyz liked this post
AtChdage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 10th, 2018, 02:29 PM   #15384
McWilkins

Likes (Received): 1072

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtChdage View Post
Yup if you compare the building with the size of vehicles below it, you'll know it's MASSIVE, it looked super grand from ground level as you drive near it (hard to snap photos when the car is moving).

The next step, i hope Plaza Merdeka can start working on their next development phase, which is the underground link mall that connects straight to the old and new Museums as well as their phase 4 (Condo development which will sit on the current site of SCB office & Clinic, next to Yayasan Sarawak building)
I doubt their plan of expanding underground. Plaza Merdeka's basement area is not ventilated really well. The toilet and parking area is very stuffy and confined. The best is to leave it as it is and proceed with the demolition of SCB and Polyclinic. Satok area will be very modern once Sarawak Museum Campus, Hikmah Exchange and other development is completed.
McWilkins no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2018, 11:15 AM   #15385
Jason Koh

HLA is opening at tHe Spring today. Based on the Vivacity fb page, Sushi Jiro will be opening soon after their opening at Mid valley, Mytown, Sunway Pyramid and Gurney Plaza with RM 2.99 each plate when you eat more than 5 plates. The price rate is based on West Malaysia price rate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg outlet_sunway_pyramid_1536653604938.jpg‎ (58.1 KB, 43 views)
File Type: jpg outlet_mytown_1536653653113.jpg‎ (58.9 KB, 39 views)
Old September 11th, 2018, 05:38 PM   #15386
Skylar Grey

Likes (Received): 95

My personal view of all the main malls in Kuching:

1. Vivacity: KL standard mall with good and updated tennants. Best mall in Kuching.

2. The Spring: Good ambience with the best food court compared to other malls. Have H&M, Uniqlo, HLA, Victoria Secrets etc.

3. Aeon Mall: Best place to chill like all the Aeon Malls in Peninsula Malaysia.

4. Plaza Merdeka: Above average. Good for tourists' needs. Houses Subway, H&M.

5. Cityone: Good for midnight movies. Limited choice for shopping.

6. Boulevard: Caters for the nearby community.

Last edited by Skylar Grey; September 13th, 2018 at 04:04 AM.
Skylar Grey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:01 AM   #15387
McWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar Grey View Post
My personal view of all the main malls in Kuching:

1. Vivacity: KL standard mall with good and updated tennants. Best malls in Kuching

2. The Spring: Good ambience with the best food court compared to other malls. Have H&M, Uniqlo, HLA, Victoria Secrets etc.

3. Aeon Mall: Best place to chill like all the Aeon Malls in Peninsula Malaysia.

4. Plaza Merdeka: Above average. Good for tourist's needs. Houses Subway, H&M

5. Cityone: Good for midnight movies. Limited choice for shopping.

6. Boulevard: Caters for the nearby community.
Very well balanced. Just waiting for new mall in the next 5 years. Boulevard in Metrocity, Mall in Saradise and hopefully another mall in CBD.

The rest of the mall and hypermarkets in Kuching that deserve applause on their contribution to the community:
MYDIN Vista Tunku
MYDIN Samariang
GIANT Tabuan
GIANT 10th Mile
GIANT PetraJaya
EMART Matang
EMART Batu Kawa
Kuching Sentral Mall
Everrise 4th Mile
Everrise BDC
Summer Mall

Upcoming Mall:
Aeroville Mall
HSL Mall
GalaCity Mall

Older Mall that needs rebranding:
Sarawak Plaza
Tun Jugah
Riverside
Hock Lee
Old September 12th, 2018, 08:30 AM   #15388
downsouth
Web Traveller

Likes (Received): 984

Kuching's shopping scene has improved ALOT. I still remember almost two decades ago when I was working in Kuching. Come sunday or public holiday, I would either go to Kenyalang to buy a pirated VCD to watch at home or stroll around Hock Lee Centre or Kuching Plaza or Sarawak Plaza or Tun Jugah, and that was it.
Old September 12th, 2018, 09:52 AM   #15389
triplex

Likes (Received): 298

Quote:
Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
Kuching's shopping scene has improved ALOT. I still remember almost two decades ago when I was working in Kuching. Come sunday or public holiday, I would either go to Kenyalang to buy a pirated VCD to watch at home or stroll around Hock Lee Centre or Kuching Plaza or Sarawak Plaza or Tun Jugah, and that was it.
Thats true.Back then, people go shopping at those place and buy "cheetah" shirt. buy casette album at electra house.. go buy groceries at the real wet market like satok.. though wet market is still flourishing in Kuching but people can opt for hypermarket for wet produce these days.
Old September 12th, 2018, 10:52 AM   #15390
Jason Koh

Based of Nene Chicken FB page,

Nene chicken will be opening soon at City one megamall after it opened the first store at Plaza Mederka, hoping City one will be lively again.
Old September 12th, 2018, 01:24 PM   #15391
AtChdage

More shopping malls incoming lolzzz

triplex liked this post
AtChdage no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:02 AM   #15392
Skylar Grey

Likes (Received): 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplex View Post
Thats true.Back then, people go shopping at those place and buy "cheetah" shirt. buy casette album at electra house.. go buy groceries at the real wet market like satok.. though wet market is still flourishing in Kuching but people can opt for hypermarket for wet produce these days.
Back in those days we only have Wisma Hopoh, Wisma Seberkas, Sarawak Plaza, Hock Lee Centre and Tun Jugah Mall. The presence of The Spring Mall in 2008 really changed the retail landscape in Kuching. I remembered that i was arguing with my friend who were confident that the Spring will close shop just after 3 years when it opened. People were sceptical about setting up a big mall during that time. Now, 10 years later the Spring remains among the best malls in Kuching and still growing.
Skylar Grey no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:19 AM   #15393
tbc

Likes (Received): 207

Quote:
Wow, some spectacular limousines on Kuching roads
tbc no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:53 AM   #15394
AtChdage

Quote:

More shopping malls incoming lolzzz

HAHA thanks to the power of PANORAMA. Btw I hope there’s a pedestrian link bridge planned for this road too, else I’d be really dangerous for jaywalkers crossing this road.

And speaking of pedestrian bridge, what happened to the one near 3rd mile? It took them ages to build one bridge.
Old September 13th, 2018, 07:18 AM   #15395
McWilkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Koh View Post
Based of Nene Chicken FB page,

Nene chicken will be opening soon at City one megamall after it opened the first store at Plaza Mederka, hoping City one will be lively again.
CityOne tenant getting better and better. They seems to be focusing more on F&B. By the way, land beside CityOne undergoing huge clearing. Not just the existing empty land parcel, but the bungalow lot beside it is demolished. IKEA?
Old September 13th, 2018, 09:05 AM   #15396
Jason Koh

Quote:
Originally Posted by McWilkins View Post
CityOne tenant getting better and better. They seems to be focusing more on F&B. By the way, land beside CityOne undergoing huge clearing. Not just the existing empty land parcel, but the bungalow lot beside it is demolished. IKEA?
Hopefully it is getting better and better. The said site is the project under Chen Ling and the bungalow is it real for IKEA? Hopefully it is real.

sesoon, jun6253ppl liked this post
Old September 13th, 2018, 11:14 AM   #15397
triplex

Likes (Received): 298

Quote:
Hopefully it is getting better and better. The said site is the project under Chen Ling and the bungalow is it real for IKEA? Hopefully it is real.
Chen Ling is what project? Apartment? seems they are niche-ing into apartment development.

It would be quite weird apartment to be sandwiched with two retail on both sides tho.

Jason Koh liked this post
triplex no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 13th, 2018, 04:39 PM   #15398
CARJON

Likes (Received): 841

Quote:
Originally Posted by triplex View Post
Quote:
Chen Ling is what project? Apartment? seems they are niche-ing into apartment development.

It would be quite weird apartment to be sandwiched with two retail on both sides tho.

CARJON no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:48 AM   #15399
kevinwawa

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARJON View Post
Yet another shoplot or shopping mall or street mall below. I don't know they want to kill themselves or kill cityone or kill both together. This developer is scary in a very bad way.
kevinwawa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 14th, 2018, 02:51 AM   #15400
kevinwawa

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylar Grey View Post
The presence of The Spring Mall in 2008 really changed the retail landscape in Kuching. I remembered that i was arguing with my friend who were confident that the Spring will close shop just after 3 years when it opened. People were sceptical about setting up a big mall during that time. Now, 10 years later the Spring remains among the best malls in Kuching and still growing.
Now the spring is smallest among all. Guess the owner sure regret now of building too small mall when is is the biggest during that time.
kevinwawa no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement